AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-17, 07:39   Link #18621
dkellis
illusion control
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 35
Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Big collection of books. But that doesn't mean ideas are impossible, like I said, a big collection of books is still a lot of information gathered together. Your dimension could still connect with it.
Upon which I have to ask other people for ideas, because I've got nothing.

For the "lots of information in one place" theory, the Infinite Library doesn't just have to be a big collection of books, it has to be the biggest collection of books (specifically, information) ever in recorded history by far. Otherwise, the obvious question is: why here, and not another library?

EDIT: Let's look at this from another angle.

Other than being a big collection of books, is there anything else about the Infinite Library which would make it especially susceptible (as opposed to other big collections of books) to connection with the information-dimension?

I'm operating under the assumption that the information-dimension is not obeying the same space-time laws as our own, meaning that the concept of "time" itself does not apply to them, because if it does, then that raises a whole lot more complications about that information-dimension.
dkellis is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 07:54   Link #18622
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I actually see the reverse, the more dangerous the mission, the higher the pressure, I think her friends wouldn't stand for her to get into combat.
If Nanoha believes she's needed, she'll go in regardless of what her friends say anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
You're recreating chaos out of something we'd just settled. We know the Infinite Library is inside the Main HQ, I don't see why we have to asume its a different dimension all of a sudden.
I'm just saying that if dkellis needs it to scrap through for his story to work, while it is highly improbable canon-wise, it's not totally impossible. Kinda like the Room of Spirit and Time in Dragon Ball. We know that it's up there on God's Tower, but at the same time, it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Go Rein!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Which is why I don't understand how a promotion would have given her more time with Vivio. Another promotion would have meant more field work, instead of training work. I don't see how this meant she would have more time to spend with Vivio.
It depends where her promotion would field her. She's a Captain, so it'd be Major... Either more table work, field work or whatever. However, her work incentive is not one where she's doing it to spend more time with Vivio anyway, else she would've taken up Shamal's advice and take time off from work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Actually, according to the manga, being a training officer is nowhere near as stressfull as what was shown in StrikerS.
Okay, maybe tedious is not the proper word, as Nanoha takes her... what was it again, 19/7, 16/7 schedule relatively well, but it's clearly not one where she'd have much free hours off work, and is not one where she can rest her body, as she trains her students directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Other than being a big collection of books, is there anything else about the Infinite Library which would make it especially susceptible (as opposed to other big collections of books) to connection with the information-dimension?
It being located in the center of the Dimensional Sea, I suppose.

Even though frankly, this whole Dimensional Sea thing gives the impression of a flat sea with continents/islands representing worlds/star system/dimension, while the Main Branch is the center... oil rig so to say, and occasional abnormalities like the Garden, etc akin to whirlpools, etc... I suppose something can be winged. It's not we really know anything solid about it.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 09:15   Link #18623
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Philippines
Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
OH SHI-

I REMEMBER NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Shame that my memories of Gavan have been overshadowed by this equally awesome Metal Hero:



UCHUU KEIJI!!! SHAIDAAAH!!!!

On related note for Flips, DEATH TO ZAIDO
I still remember "Machine Man" and his "fighting ball".

and yes DEATH TO ZAIDO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
No it doesn't!

...

Half male................*thinks*....................m-masaka...
I regard Traps as Half Male... Because...

"Even though he has the face of a girl, body of a girl, voice of a girl, and even the attitude of a girl, he still has the heart and soul of a man... watch him... and he'll become a person unique of this world." - Random Quote by a TSAB Admiral.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Agreed. There's something about girls in high-tech armor suits...
Do you have a stash? I was supposed to get one from a friend but he' still hunting for the CDs...

===

Bridget: Mada?

Saint X: yes... *shoves Bridget back into the vault*
__________________
Saint X is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 10:08   Link #18624
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Upon which I have to ask other people for ideas, because I've got nothing.

For the "lots of information in one place" theory, the Infinite Library doesn't just have to be a big collection of books, it has to be the biggest collection of books (specifically, information) ever in recorded history by far. Otherwise, the obvious question is: why here, and not another library?
The Infinite Library is the only known library known to house the books of hundreds of worlds, suffice to say it is the biggest collection of books in recorded history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
EDIT: Let's look at this from another angle.

Other than being a big collection of books, is there anything else about the Infinite Library which would make it especially susceptible (as opposed to other big collections of books) to connection with the information-dimension?

I'm operating under the assumption that the information-dimension is not obeying the same space-time laws as our own, meaning that the concept of "time" itself does not apply to them, because if it does, then that raises a whole lot more complications about that information-dimension.
Like Nighty said, the Infinite Library is located in the center of the dimensional sea, the dimensional sea connects to all other dimensions. That should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
If Nanoha believes she's needed, she'll go in regardless of what her friends say anyway.
*sigh* There's no denying that, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I'm just saying that if dkellis needs it to scrap through for his story to work, while it is highly improbable canon-wise, it's not totally impossible. Kinda like the Room of Spirit and Time in Dragon Ball. We know that it's up there on God's Tower, but at the same time, it's not.
Well, that's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Heh. Never really liked the film, but that AMV is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It depends where her promotion would field her. She's a Captain, so it'd be Major... Either more table work, field work or whatever. However, her work incentive is not one where she's doing it to spend more time with Vivio anyway, else she would've taken up Shamal's advice and take time off from work.
Touche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Okay, maybe tedious is not the proper word, as Nanoha takes her... what was it again, 19/7, 16/7 schedule relatively well, but it's clearly not one where she'd have much free hours off work, and is not one where she can rest her body, as she trains her students directly.
Dug up the page concerning the Training Officers:

Spoiler for IS: Silver Retriever:


Yeah... quite a lot of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Even though frankly, this whole Dimensional Sea thing gives the impression of a flat sea with continents/islands representing worlds/star system/dimension, while the Main Branch is the center... oil rig so to say, and occasional abnormalities like the Garden, etc akin to whirlpools, etc... I suppose something can be winged. It's not we really know anything solid about it.
I myself rather think of it as space, with the dimensions being planets and the Main HQ a space-station, but the ocean comparison was easier to describe without going sci-fi-fanboy mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
I regard Traps as Half Male... Because...

"Even though he has the face of a girl, body of a girl, voice of a girl, and even the attitude of a girl, he still has the heart and soul of a man... watch him... and he'll become a person unique of this world." - Random Quote by a TSAB Admiral.
Jun begs to differ.

This reminds me of my recent fascination with douple traps, or simply boys getting turned into girls. The hillarity/drama combination never fails to amuse me.
Keroko is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 10:52   Link #18625
Erio
Hiromi
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Girl who Lost her Tears
Interesting stuff about the Infinite Library. Is the only entrance located at the Main Branch?

And a stupid question, Main Branch = the two towers in Mid-Childa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It being located in the center of the Dimensional Sea, I suppose.

Even though frankly, this whole Dimensional Sea thing gives the impression of a flat sea with continents/islands representing worlds/star system/dimension, while the Main Branch is the center... oil rig so to say, and occasional abnormalities like the Garden, etc akin to whirlpools, etc... I suppose something can be winged. It's not we really know anything solid about it.
... Playing too much Mario Galaxy?
Erio is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 11:00   Link #18626
Tormenk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gaf's Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Spoiler for The Liberation of Belzac, Part Two:
Great end to the liberation arc with everyone showing their moves. MC pawning mages silly and Glen releasing Id later was rocking. The music does give the appropriate feel and focus to each part. Glen's release was made all the more awesome with that. Nice idea of how Riot Zamber came to be during the fight and showing her reservations throughout about her mission though it's a shame of her part at the mission's end.

Nice wrap up showing everyone after the mission's end and Ed's cameo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

No, not really

Here's a hint: Wyvern
His name is a shorter version of that word
Viper?

Quote:
Chigaaaaau!!!
Shin kyara desu!


Adding it up, he's the guy hunting Maren?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Ah, yes. The end of Fuuko's arc really hit home. Lovely.
I'm looking forward to Kotomi's arc though I don't think it'll be as good.

Quote:
Again you misunderstand. Rogue Squadron flies in 3 wings of 4, Wing 1 exists of the core Rogues: Wes, Tycho, Jun and Phanan.
Pulling all-nighters does that I guess. Useful piece of info though since someone else has got to be around this time.

Quote:
If I wasn't pressed for time, I'd photoshop one.
Dark Keroko would be a sight to behold.
__________________


"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 11:45   Link #18627
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Interesting stuff about the Infinite Library. Is the only entrance located at the Main Branch?
As far as we know, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
And a stupid question, Main Branch = the two towers in Mid-Childa?
Main HQ is the space-station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
I'm looking forward to Kotomi's arc though I don't think it'll be as good.
I'm still taping my feet waiting for Tomoyo's arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Pulling all-nighters does that I guess. Useful piece of info though since someone else has got to be around this time.
Right. Go get some rest, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Dark Keroko would be a sight to behold.
... *tempted to drop work and start shopping*
Keroko is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 11:46   Link #18628
Erio
Hiromi
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Girl who Lost her Tears
BTW guys, I'd like to ask opinions about the difference between Fate's lightning and Signum's fire, as I dont want to write something that everyone else will think is not true.

I believe we have established that Fate's lightning is actually magical energy that looks like lightning. This magical lightning is only partially composed of true lightning elemental. The reason for this is the need for Fate to use Thunder Fall, a weather manipulation spell, to defeat a AMF-enhanced drone in the manga. If her regular spells were lightning elemental, Fate would not have had to specifically use a weather manipulation spell to bypass the AMF.

Anyway, on to the question at hand. If Fate's lightning is magical energy and partially composed of lightning, is Signum's fire similar?

I believe Signum's fire is similar, since we dont see her creating any forest fires or anything. However, for those who recall, in Nighty's fic, when Signum fought against Isdera in a forest, they ignited quite a massive forest fire. Clearly Nighty thinks differently.

Thoughts?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
As far as we know, yes.

Main HQ is the space-station.
Thanks, and thanks.
Erio is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 11:51   Link #18629
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
BTW guys, I'd like to ask opinions about the difference between Fate's lightning and Signum's fire, as I dont want to write something that everyone else will think is not true.

I believe we have established that Fate's lightning is actually magical energy that looks like lightning. This magical lightning is only partially composed of true lightning elemental. The reason for this is the need for Fate to use Thunder Fall, a weather manipulation spell, to defeat a AMF-enhanced drone in the manga. If her regular spells were lightning elemental, Fate would not have had to specifically use a weather manipulation spell to bypass the AMF.

Anyway, on to the question at hand. If Fate's lightning is magical energy and partially composed of lightning, is Signum's fire similar?

I believe Signum's fire is similar, since we dont see her creating any forest fires or anything. However, for those who recall, in Nighty's fic, when Signum fought against Isdera in a forest, they ignited quite a massive forest fire. Clearly Nighty thinks differently.

Thoughts?)
I personally believe that the entire 'thunder fall' was just to bring an original attack in the manga, or because it covered far more ground then her usuall spells. Fate can convert mana to lightning energy easilly thanks to her affinity, we've never seen any of her attacks get blocked by an AMF before, so its safe to asume her attacks are all lightning-based instead of the other way around.
Keroko is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 11:57   Link #18630
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
If possible, I'd like it to be more like an alternate persona rather then Neltharion himself. I've already stated that while its able to heavilly influence Keroko, the shard of essence has no personallity, no memories. If it were to form a persona, it would be based on Keroko, not Neltharion.
Ok an evil Keroko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It is, most of the real battle will be mage warfare, not mecha. Conventional weapons will be present though (this ain't the TSAB after all, and they're at war to boot).
I envisioned something like modern US Marines fighting alongside spell-slinging WoW characters for my earlier works, but I need something a lot less jarring in contrast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Infinity Library visit. Yuuno helps her find some files.
Great! I'm getting ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Kinda ruins the whole point of Mage combat if you're using Gundams...
We'll see. I'm attempting to balance it, and I believe I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
At least this sounds far more plausible than the Gundams...
It's meant to complement them, but not exceed them. Something like: I'd use a knife for some situations, but sometimes, a smaller and more precise tool like a scalpel is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Well, Mana from Negima can take multiple sniper shots in a short duration of time, is that still sudden?
All that within a short period of time, that's Shock & Awe isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Damn...must resist Negima crack.....Yue *is not incoherent due to fatigue*
Join us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Did Chao had pigtails? I only remember the chinese buns. Damn I gotta find some time to read the manga again it seems.
She grew them during her absence from the present age.



Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
And using Will Breaker on them. "You will submit to me~~"


Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post


Dere Santa Soma is

Although I didn't expect Char in the background
Neither did I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Ooooooh Armor, MELIKE
Well the Knights don't have it that polished, as polished platinum is the trademark armor of the Belka Kaiser. Especially for the Sankt Kaiser. Nonetheless, I loved it for the great chic and function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I like both, but then Gundam girls are hotter than Gundams

AYE! Riding a Gundam is nothing like riding a Gundam Girl!!!

*runs from Morality Hammer*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Backlog Breaker.

Saga: Tri-Heart Break, Version II!

DARKNESS MOON BREAK.

Spoiler for :p:


Holy...

*Traced*


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post


Spoiler:




*runs*
This time I couldn't recognise this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
If Vivio can commute easily, why not them? And last I recall, Yuuno is not officially a TSAB officer, but a civilian treated as a TSAB staff due to his work-role and status, and is free to a degree of military secrets. However, other librarians seem to actually wear TSAB uniform.
I think something like a civilian contractor who happens to be a subject expert, and with Chrono's backing Yuuno has that high level of security clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
[Russian accent]I am Heavy Weapons Girl, and this...is my weapon. Some people think they can outsmart me...maybe. Maybe. But I have yet to see anyone who can outsmart...the BULLET![/Russian accent]

Sorry, I just had to. It was more fun than reading HW. By the way, what's a "Lounchaer?"



*runs*
That conjured an image of someone from the East German Swim Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post


And Lounchaer? I think you mean Lawnchair

*runs*
*Heavy Gundam Girl floods gatling at LE and Lowe*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post


Technically we already have a Metal Hero OC

*looks at Kha's Vex Armor*

Metal Hero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
And a stupid question, Main Branch = the two towers in Mid-Childa?
I'm sure there were 4 towers arranged like the cardinal points of a compass rose around the central vault. Anyone got a better image?

~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
... Hesitant, very hesitant. One of the reasons I created Alistina and made her resemble Keroko was to give Keroko and Vivio the link I wanted to without going the 'incarnation through Project F' routine. Having Alistina return would be going along a similar path. I'd like a bit more information about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
I'm not hesitant at all in fact I know exactly what should happen to this idea.


Die, plzkthx.

*grumbles irritably about zombies and how they won't stay dead*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Now you know how I felt when people insisted in bringing Almaria back or cloning her.
Project F is biting me at the wrong time apparently...

Let me explain... This is not Project F, not to create another Alistina. Yes, Jail cloned Alistina wholesale. But the product was one of his sentokijin of the Ex-Numbers named Ex-Tre (the former No. 3).

Ex-Tre may be Alistina's clone, but she has none of her memories, only her talents, preferences and some of her skills. Alistina's armor was replaced by a brown version of the type worn by the Numbers as typical of the Ex-Numbers. Ex-Tre was one of the best attempts at producing a Primarch-like being as she was created not just using her DNA, it also used whatever was left of her corpse as a scaffold for the cells and circuits.

As such, Saber recognised Ex-Tre to be Alistina, especially with the scaffold projecting Alistina's bio-signature (read: presence), and held back in the fight. It is only as the fight dragged on that Saber only realized that Ex-Tre was nothing but a clone built using Alistina's remains, and goes all out to grant her dear sister eternal rest once and for all.

As such, I never intended Keroko to be involved. Just a powerful villain to challenge the Saber within. Is this passable?
__________________
Kha is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 11:57   Link #18631
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Philippines
Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Jun begs to differ.

This reminds me of my recent fascination with douple traps, or simply boys getting turned into girls. The hillarity/drama combination never fails to amuse me.
If half females if Jun in concerned...

Remind me to watch [Hapiness!] after Sky Girls...

more crack later... regarding Undines this time

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I envisioned something like modern US Marines fighting alongside spell-slinging WoW characters for my earlier works, but I need something a lot less jarring in contrast...
We did envision TSAB mages/knights fighting with Otome...

why not work along that premise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Join us...
*Hides stash of Asuna pics*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
AYE! Riding a Gundam is nothing like riding a Gundam Girl!!!

*runs from Morality Hammer*
__________________
Saint X is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 12:34   Link #18632
FlameSparkZ
紅い矢は茨の如く
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Viper?
Err...no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post


Adding it up, he's the guy hunting Maren?
Hmm...also no.
He's been like...sealed away for like...500 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
I'm looking forward to Kotomi's arc though I don't think it'll be as good.
But it'll still be good

...I hope
__________________
FlameSparkZ is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 12:51   Link #18633
Tormenk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gaf's Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm still taping my feet waiting for Tomoyo's arc.
Hopefully the next. Tomoyo's got the X factor that draws in from day 1.

Quote:
Right. Go get some rest, then.
Can't. Dark Keroko's an interesting subject to characterize.

Quote:
... *tempted to drop work and start shopping*


Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
BTW guys, I'd like to ask opinions about the difference between Fate's lightning and Signum's fire, as I dont want to write something that everyone else will think is not true.

I believe we have established that Fate's lightning is actually magical energy that looks like lightning. This magical lightning is only partially composed of true lightning elemental. The reason for this is the need for Fate to use Thunder Fall, a weather manipulation spell, to defeat a AMF-enhanced drone in the manga. If her regular spells were lightning elemental, Fate would not have had to specifically use a weather manipulation spell to bypass the AMF.

Anyway, on to the question at hand. If Fate's lightning is magical energy and partially composed of lightning, is Signum's fire similar?

I believe Signum's fire is similar, since we dont see her creating any forest fires or anything. However, for those who recall, in Nighty's fic, when Signum fought against Isdera in a forest, they ignited quite a massive forest fire. Clearly Nighty thinks differently.

Thoughts?
That would probably be just showing alternatives when facing AMF since simply using bigger spells have been shown to penetrate AMF easily. Broadly speaking, magic elementals are probably just imitations of true elements. Though it wouldn't be impossible to have some basic and common traits such as fire being able to burn since ice is able to freeze, as shown by Eternal Coffin.

OTOH, magic elementals wouldn't be much use if they didn't have their respective useful traits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post

It's meant to complement them, but not exceed them. Something like: I'd use a knife for some situations, but sometimes, a smaller and more precise tool like a scalpel is needed.
Improvisation. Triage's good friend.

Quote:
AYE! Riding a Gundam is nothing like riding a Gundam Girl!!!

*runs from Morality Hammer*


Quote:
Project F is biting me at the wrong time apparently...

Let me explain... This is not Project F, not to create another Alistina. Yes, Jail cloned Alistina wholesale. But the product was one of his sentokijin of the Ex-Numbers named Ex-Tre (the former No. 3).

Ex-Tre may be Alistina's clone, but she has none of her memories, only her talents, preferences and some of her skills. Alistina's armor was replaced by a brown version of the type worn by the Numbers as typical of the Ex-Numbers. Ex-Tre was one of the best attempts at producing a Primarch-like being as she was created not just using her DNA, it also used whatever was left of her corpse as a scaffold for the cells and circuits.

As such, Saber recognised Ex-Tre to be Alistina, especially with the scaffold projecting Alistina's bio-signature (read: presence), and held back in the fight. It is only as the fight dragged on that Saber only realized that Ex-Tre was nothing but a clone built using Alistina's remains, and goes all out to grant her dear sister eternal rest once and for all.

As such, I never intended Keroko to be involved. Just a powerful villain to challenge the Saber within. Is this passable?
Looks fine to me.
__________________


"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 14:08   Link #18634
Erio
Hiromi
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Girl who Lost her Tears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I personally believe that the entire 'thunder fall' was just to bring an original attack in the manga, or because it covered far more ground then her usuall spells. Fate can convert mana to lightning energy easilly thanks to her affinity, we've never seen any of her attacks get blocked by an AMF before, so its safe to asume her attacks are all lightning-based instead of the other way around.
First of all, I dont particularly WANT Fate's lightning to be composed mainly of magic energy and partially of lightning, simply because it would make things a lot easier if that was not the case.

The thing is, her attacks are not purely lightning elemental; at least not all. Thunder Rage is the only one that actually looks like a lightning elemental attack, and in the first season, when Fate used it against Precia's robots, we actually saw them being electrocuted. However, when she used it against Nanoha, Nanoha was not electrocuted - its as if Fate's attack was purely magical. None other of Fate's spells actually electrocute anything she has hit, either, unless I am mistaken.

And now, if you tell me that Thunder Fall was used just to introduce another magic spell, I guess then that Fate was just showing off her skillz? I mean, she could just use a low level spell in order to conserve her energy, or whatever, instead of casting a massive weather control spell... though distance is a good excuse for doing so.


But well, I dont think with the above we will get to any conclusion, as with our other arguments. So let me ask something else: In your perspective, does "Magical Lightning" exist, or is there only "Lightning" (meaning pure lightning elemental)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I'm sure there were 4 towers arranged like the cardinal points of a compass rose around the central vault. Anyone got a better image?
4 towers, huh? Interesting, I did not notice that before. Do show an image if you find it.

Quote:
~~~~~~

Project F is biting me at the wrong time apparently...

Let me explain... This is not Project F, not to create another Alistina. Yes, Jail cloned Alistina wholesale. But the product was one of his sentokijin of the Ex-Numbers named Ex-Tre (the former No. 3).

Ex-Tre may be Alistina's clone, but she has none of her memories, only her talents, preferences and some of her skills. Alistina's armor was replaced by a brown version of the type worn by the Numbers as typical of the Ex-Numbers. Ex-Tre was one of the best attempts at producing a Primarch-like being as she was created not just using her DNA, it also used whatever was left of her corpse as a scaffold for the cells and circuits.

As such, Saber recognised Ex-Tre to be Alistina, especially with the scaffold projecting Alistina's bio-signature (read: presence), and held back in the fight. It is only as the fight dragged on that Saber only realized that Ex-Tre was nothing but a clone built using Alistina's remains, and goes all out to grant her dear sister eternal rest once and for all.

As such, I never intended Keroko to be involved. Just a powerful villain to challenge the Saber within. Is this passable?
Why "Ex"-Numbers? What's the story behind them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
That would probably be just showing alternatives when facing AMF since simply using bigger spells have been shown to penetrate AMF easily. Broadly speaking, magic elementals are probably just imitations of true elements. Though it wouldn't be impossible to have some basic and common traits such as fire being able to burn since ice is able to freeze, as shown by Eternal Coffin.

OTOH, magic elementals wouldn't be much use if they didn't have their respective useful traits.
OK, another vote for Fate showing off.

In theory, elemental attacks just bypass AMF altogether, so it doesnt matter how big the spell. The drones do have other forms of defense, mainly a shield and/or barrier, but they are still rather low-grade, so Fate should be able to destroy them with her eyes closed using a simple Thunder Rage spell (if, and only if, Thunder Rage is a pure lightning elemental spell).

And yeah, remember I said that Fate's lightning attacks are composed mainly of magical energy and partially of lightning elemental. The attacks DO have lightning elemental properties - they are just not wholly composed of them. That's the theory, at least.

In any case, I dont mind if we get to the conclusion that Fate's attacks are all pure lightning elemental, period. In fact, it would make my job easier, since I wont have to explain the concept of Magical Flame.

Last edited by Erio; 2008-01-17 at 14:34.
Erio is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 14:11   Link #18635
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 28
Quote:
The thing is, her attacks are not lightning elemental; at least not all. Thunder Rage is the only one that actually looks like a lightning elemental attack, and in the first season, when Fate uses it against Precia's robots, we actually see them being electrocuted. However, when she used it against Nanoha, Nanoha was not electrocuted - its as if Fate's attack was purely magical. None other of Fate's spells actually electrocute anything she has hit, either, unless I am mistaken.
This could be with the whole idea of 'physical' and 'magical' damage. Since a mage is protected by a barrier jacket, it could nullify physical damage unless it took enough magical damage or something? *Shrug*
__________________
krisslanza is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 14:15   Link #18636
Erio
Hiromi
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Girl who Lost her Tears
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
This could be with the whole idea of 'physical' and 'magical' damage. Since a mage is protected by a barrier jacket, it could nullify physical damage unless it took enough magical damage or something? *Shrug*
Hehe, going back to Keroko's favorite subject.

I would say that a mage's barrier jacket protects against magical damage more than physical, but they are pretty much well protected against both anyways.
Erio is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 16:32   Link #18637
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tokyo 3, Japan
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Urgle.....I hate being sick -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Spoiler for Plushies?:


PLUSHIES!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Its more likely to be the reverse, really. Kha is pretty much the inventor of Crack Gas.
As if we didn't have enough crack in here already

*slips a tube into the FF thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
And C&C.

Crack&Cheese.
Or maybe just the crack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Good luck in getting this ready then. It's like putting polar opposites together.

But then the image of Nanoha blowing Shinji sky-high with RH after failing to get him out of his emo-shell keeps repeating in my mind.

I dunno about that happening (though there's an idea for an omake...). I have an outline for bits and pieces, but my main problem right now is when to inject them into the Eva-verse. I was thinking either around 10th or the 12th Angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Well either parties should be easy enough to put in but getting a feasible reason is tough indeed. Using Keroko-chan to pull the Rogues in might work but the before and after needs serious thought so that my own plans doesn't get affected as well.

Gah one more time I wish I had been able to start Katrina's stories earlier.
Ah yea. Who knew something like this would need to be planned out so carefully .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
I'll have to admit that's a habit I have as well.

Though that probably has nothing to do with us both being Evangelion fans right?
Of course not! I so didn't start doing analysis after watching Eva for over 2 years. Nope. Definitely not

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Actually, Lucky Star's version is "Motteke! Sailor Fuku", which means "Take it off! Sailor Uniform"
While JAM's version has "Mottetta!" meaning "I took it off!"

....I think
No idea . My Japanese is really, really bad . But it's still JAM Project doing a song like this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Ok...here's a shortie that I made up last night

Spoiler for Kansetsu Kisu:



*runs again*
ZOMG! So much crack!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post


Big explosion...
Big Explosion good

Nanoha: It's not THAT big...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
for me, i prefer mixed combat...

I prefer Gundam suits rather than the actual MS

Yes, i love Gundam girls...

*gets shot*
Nothing wrong with Gundam girls

Spoiler for Gundam Girls :3:


Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Well, well, well. Look who's back after a week of hiatus. And no, I have no intention of tackling the backlog as I just had to decide to visit this place after spending my absence at village.

Well, are we there yet? To the 1000th page?
Welcome Back!!!
And please enjoy all the crack and bluecheesium that's been accumulating while you've been away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
*waves* Welcome back, Hikki-kun!!!

*cough* anyway, I finally finished Sorairo Days. I'm so happy now, I can go to sleep XD.

Spoiler for The Liberation of Belzac, Part Two:
Wow...just wow.
Very well written and exciting . Kinda sad to see that the epic battle's all over now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Dark Keroko would be a sight to behold.
I second this
Evangelion Xgouki is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 17:21   Link #18638
stormturmoil
Field Medic
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Upon which I have to ask other people for ideas, because I've got nothing.

For the "lots of information in one place" theory, the Infinite Library doesn't just have to be a big collection of books, it has to be the biggest collection of books (specifically, information) ever in recorded history by far. Otherwise, the obvious question is: why here, and not another library?

EDIT: Let's look at this from another angle.

Other than being a big collection of books, is there anything else about the Infinite Library which would make it especially susceptible (as opposed to other big collections of books) to connection with the information-dimension?

I'm operating under the assumption that the information-dimension is not obeying the same space-time laws as our own, meaning that the concept of "time" itself does not apply to them, because if it does, then that raises a whole lot more complications about that information-dimension.

sounds a lot like the inside of the Bajoran Wormhole and it's whole 'non-linear time' deal...

as for what makes the Infinity Library different from other libraries...

types of media. Most libraries deal with books. The infinity Library apparently takes anything. we see several computer type cases, as well as the usual books, and presumably possibly anything else you could imagine.

Location. It's set in the Dimensional sea itself , one remove from most other dimensions, which may make it 'nearer' than other dimensions, or make it 'easier' to reach (easier to sink a pipe through 'water' than 'tunnel' through 'rock')

As for other contenders on the same principle...I already mentioned the book of Darkness, but there's also Precia Testarossa, who was using Lost Logia in the Dimensional sea to attempt to break dimensional barriers to reach an otherwise unreachable dimension...her Garden of time may have been sited in higher dimensional space-time in the dimeansional sea deliberately to exploit this sort of effect

as for why nobody's found it, despite dimensional travel being common...well, man had carts and ships for ages before he developed submarines or airplanes, let alone spaceships...it's not just a case of thinking more, but also different
stormturmoil is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 19:48   Link #18639
FlameSparkZ
紅い矢は茨の如く
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
No idea . My Japanese is really, really bad . But it's still JAM Project doing a song like this....
I'm not sure myself either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
ZOMG! So much crack!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
sounds a lot like the inside of the Bajoran Wormhole and it's whole 'non-linear time' deal...

as for what makes the Infinity Library different from other libraries...

types of media. Most libraries deal with books. The infinity Library apparently takes anything. we see several computer type cases, as well as the usual books, and presumably possibly anything else you could imagine.

Location. It's set in the Dimensional sea itself , one remove from most other dimensions, which may make it 'nearer' than other dimensions, or make it 'easier' to reach (easier to sink a pipe through 'water' than 'tunnel' through 'rock')

As for other contenders on the same principle...I already mentioned the book of Darkness, but there's also Precia Testarossa, who was using Lost Logia in the Dimensional sea to attempt to break dimensional barriers to reach an otherwise unreachable dimension...her Garden of time may have been sited in higher dimensional space-time in the dimeansional sea deliberately to exploit this sort of effect

as for why nobody's found it, despite dimensional travel being common...well, man had carts and ships for ages before he developed submarines or airplanes, let alone spaceships...it's not just a case of thinking more, but also different
I see...
I'd like to risk the assumption that the TSAB found the Infinity Library and built their main HQ around it...just a theory though

As for Precia Testarossa, she was exiled for what she did, so I suppose they sent her to some place where she wouldn't be easily found

*runs*
__________________
FlameSparkZ is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 20:53   Link #18640
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 32
Yo, Kha! The CV of Mikhail Dornitz for Rebuild of Strikers!

Spoiler for Mikhail Dornitz, Intelligence Officer:


Also, a quick intro short for Mikhail:
Spoiler for Three Guys and a bottle of Vodka:


...okay, what the HELL did I just write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The Father
The Son
And the Holy Spirit
Together, they are one


*runs*
...Lowe, as the son of a pastor, it is my sworn duty to shoot you.

...once I stop laughing. :P

Quote:


Interesting piece... and once again FlameS delivers the insesuto
ZOMG :incest: :P I'm surprised he hasn't commented on the leanings between Franz and Naomi...

Quote:


Dere Santa Soma is

Although I didn't expect Char in the background
Lol, no. That's Sergei and a cannon fodder Teiren pilot. But yes, Dere Santa Soma is love. Though she can't beat the awesomeness of Tsunderekko Talia/Naomi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Spoiler:




*runs*
lolol, nice one. *saves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Until her tsuntsun power appeared, of course.

Oh, my. I can imagine this now.
Haha, yes. Glad to see you arriving, and good to see you back!

Incidentally, there are new OFM shorts: Joint Training Pt.1 and Pt. 2 and 200th Hour (the last of which is Naomi-centric, showing younger deredere Naomi before she devolped her tsuntsun).

There's also Sorairo Days, which Glen has just finished yesterday... I'll be updating the OFM Fic Page soon with the fics.

Quote:


*grins* I couldn't have done it without Lowe's help. ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Because I have something to do with SRW:

Oh, boy, I can't imagine how awesome this really is.

Need Irui's version, though.
ZOMG! GREAT WIN! GREAT JUSTICE!

I'm still pissed that Zengar lost to Gar helmsman and Hieh and was knocked out of ROUND FUCKING ONE of SaiGar 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
*waves* Welcome back, Hikki-kun!!!

*cough* anyway, I finally finished Sorairo Days. I'm so happy now, I can go to sleep XD.

Spoiler for The Liberation of Belzac, Part Two:
Sweet, it's done!

Nice touch with Master Chief taking out mages with his bare hands (because he's just that awesome), and lol at Leena and Erick: "I'm just that good."

One minor quibble though: Naomi keeps calling Franz "neesan". It should be niisan or niichan, since it's weird for her to be calling Franz "sister." Unless she's making a point to him. <.< The last section, snapshots of the OFM post-mission, was also good, and I lol at Ed and Ein. Good job!

(also, great lol with Psycho and Leena. And is that some forboding I see, with Franz needing to rest after using cartridges?)
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.


Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-01-17 at 21:03.
Wild Goose is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.