AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-02, 15:24   Link #201
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
What is the significance of the cherry? Since the Jellyfish/Spider is ferrying the boat, Kikuri probably isn't possessed and is returning to hell... but what is the cherry?

Also, from the way Tsugumi was talking in episode 24, it sounded like something had happened to Hajime... did I miss any hints as to what happened?
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 03:12   Link #202
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
after watched the final episode
in my deep heart i'm so hate that townspeople especially that group which send hotaru brother into hell and made Ai dead
it's very hard to see Ai being hit by them (i cried when i watched that part)
but i hope ren or honne-onna help her

glad to see Ai parents don't go into hell and takuma father get well
at last takuma can smile again ^_^
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 10:51   Link #203
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I've just finished the last few episodes of Futakomori, and I'm utterly amazed by it all turned out. Amazed because, I lost interest in the series somewhere in the middle, between Episodes 12-15. At that point, the second season didn't seem to have an overarching storyline like the first season.

The Takuma arc took me completely by surprise, and hooked me instantly. What an ending!

There are so many ideas swimming in my head at the moment. I'm trying to jot down as fast as possible, so please forgive me if sound garbled.

Spoiler for Ai's Reckoning:

Spoiler for Kikuri:

Spoiler for Matyrdom:

Spoiler for Random ideas:
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 15:22   Link #204
Jewelray

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post

Spoiler for Random ideas:
Spoiler for :
Old 2007-05-06, 20:46   Link #205
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelray
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for :
Old 2007-05-06, 21:43   Link #206
PastPrime

Quote:
Spoiler for :
We are given the impression that Ai was nearing the completion of her service. Perhaps it was necessary for her to face her past before she finished so the Hell Spider caused the connection. I am not sure that things didn't work out the way the Hell Spider wanted.

As for a new Hell Girl, I think that the Hell Spider has many choices. Perhaps the girl who was raped and murdered would do it to save her sister from Hell. The two friends who went to Hell might work as Hell Girl and her assistant to earn their way out of Hell. And I am sure there are many others.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 22:29   Link #207
Jewelray

Quote:
Spoiler for :
Spoiler:

Last edited by Jewelray; 2007-05-07 at 08:39.
Old 2007-05-07, 04:01   Link #208
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Interesting. Although, I think you meant "not" exactly a feel-good show?

In any case, I don't think the chances are that high for a third season now.
Old 2007-05-07, 08:38   Link #209
Jewelray

Quote:
Interesting. Although, I think you meant "not" exactly a feel-good show?

In any case, I don't think the chances are that high for a third season now.
heh, typo

The fact that we got a second season was incredible (although, I probably would have preferred if season 1 and 2 had been condensed into one. Futakomori was pretty good and it was nice to see the sanwara's backstories, but there were a lot of less than amazing episodes I don't think it was overall as good as season 1. But there isn't any reason to make a 3rd season since everything has been wrapped up pretty nicely, so I think we can safely say it's the end of Jigoku Shoujo. (unless you want to go read the manga, which is pretty awful.)
Old 2007-05-07, 12:18   Link #210
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelray View Post
I think we can safely say it's the end of Jigoku Shoujo. (unless you want to go read the manga, which is pretty awful.)
They can do another season of the live-action series. It was a bit cheesy, but good enough, and they went with a completely different mythology. In fact, in the last episode...

Spoiler for Jigoku Shoujo live-action finale:
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 14:25   Link #211
Jewelray

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
They can do another season of the live-action series. It was a bit cheesy, but good enough, and they went with a completely different mythology. In fact, in the last episode...

Spoiler for Jigoku Shoujo live-action finale:
Actually, now that you mention it, another season of the live action could be interesting. The live action was very entertaining but I think it missed a lot of the subtly and the depth of the anime. But still, even though the ending didn't have the same message that the anime's did, it was still awesome and wonderful angsty.
Old 2007-05-08, 20:14   Link #212
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Which came first actually? Anime or manga? I just stumbled on a few copies of the manga the other day......and what can I say? It looks awful. Enma Ai in the manga looks completely different from the anime, and the art style reminds me of crappy shoujo romance manga.
Old 2007-05-08, 20:28   Link #213
DSJFX18
Destiny

Omg I really want to watch the rest of the episodes. All this talk is making me dreadful and I suspect that when I finally finish the series, I'll be a sad sad person.

I think I might just watch SHS's for now though I usually like to stick to one group...

Ai...
DSJFX18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 09:44   Link #214
Jewelray

Quote:
Which came first actually? Anime or manga? I just stumbled on a few copies of the manga the other day......and what can I say? It looks awful. Enma Ai in the manga looks completely different from the anime, and the art style reminds me of crappy shoujo romance manga.
The anime was first. The manga is complete reinterpretation done for a much younger audience. Some of the stories are similar, but at least as far as I've read, it doesn't use any of the wonderfuly depressing stories and focuses on ones where the 'bad guy' gets what he deserves and the victim doesn't feel too bad about having to go to hell later on.

But, the only bright side to it being a manga for elementary school kids is that it's right about at my Japanese reading comprehension level.
Old 2007-05-15, 14:08   Link #215
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Indeed. I have been very happy to see the subbing of the second season is so much faster than the original season, by both Ayu and Shinsen. Ayu is also subbing at a respectable pace and I look forward to seeing them complete it.

You'll be glad to know that Ayu finished their subs for Futakomori. They released the complete batch of twenty-six episodes. Last time, they subbed up to episode 18.

Eight straight episodes in the same day. Way to go!
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 16:01   Link #216
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
You'll be glad to know that Ayu finished their subs for Futakomori. They released the complete batch of twenty-six episodes. Last time, they subbed up to episode 18.

Eight straight episodes in the same day. Way to go!
I think that is the re-torrent for the first season, not the second one. Is Ayu trouble or something? It seems that they are re-torrent all their release ever.
Old 2007-05-15, 16:50   Link #217
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

You also misunderstand. They are not re-torrenting anything. Those are old torrents that are being resubmitted to that site (you know which site and you aren't allowed to mention its name) despite the fact that they are old. Those torrents have been listed on AnimeSuki for a long time.

And Ayu has only subbed up to episode 19 of Futakomori so far.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 00:41   Link #218
dogfaja

Ai's, martyrdom.... i think she was released and went to heaven together with her parents.. because self-sacrifice is a strong heaven's ticket pass right?? i mean in many religions and culture.
dogfaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 00:47   Link #219
Thingle
Banned

I don't really get why she let herself suffer.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 20:53   Link #220
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Ill be honest: I have no idea whats going on.

Im totally confused by the fact that this site still lists The torrents despite the fact that the series is licensed ?

I assumed that it was only the first season that was licensed...but when I decided to take a look at the first episode it was the same as what I thought the first season was. Did I watch the second season without realizing it ? If so, where is the first season ? Why are we still listing it ?

Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror