AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-02-18, 06:59   Link #161
Chichiryuushintei

Honestly, I'd rather having the series ending while still being good (Digimon Tamers, Harry Potter), rather than having it milked into a hollow shell of it's former self. (Bleach, Dragon Ball, Fairy Tail, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)

@Edit: Glad to hear Ishi'll bring some of the erotic stuff of the first arcs back. I just hope that "expanding upon" doesn't mean getting to pseudo-hentai levels like some shit series out there. *cough*ShinmaiMaou*cough*
Old 2016-02-19, 19:03   Link #162
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Fairy Tail is still good, though, IMO at least. Bleach needs to get better again.

I do want a story that expands upon EX. The plot-holes need to be filled, after all, and it'd be good to get to see Ex's life from his own point of view. I'd also like to know the reason Ise's so darned busy the future, too.

And yeah, for Ise's life, a College DxD should be good.
Old 2016-02-19, 20:09   Link #163
Chichiryuushintei

I stopped reading FT when Natsu one-hit-kiled a God. Don't know about the specifics, and I just don't even feel the need to give a shit.

Bleach is still kinda, sorta of enjoyable-ish at rare times, (Askin is just fun. Someone should change the definition of fun in the dictionary to his name. He's a fun guy like that.) but agreed, needs to improve.
Old 2016-02-19, 20:53   Link #164
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Fairy Tail is still good. I can understand why you don't like how Natsu defeated a God, but I don't think it's reason enough to just drop the series. Just my opinion. Also, I'm pretty Natsu only defeated that God by eating his fire and fighting him with the added buf. He gets stronger by eating flames; he's the Fire Dragon Slayer after all. But there were consequences for eating the fire of a Fire God Slayer which were shown pretty much immediately after the fight, too, so it's not like Natsu defeated a God just like that and without negative repercussions.

By the far the biggest problem people have with Fairy Tail is that it uses Nakama Power a lot, even for a Shounen, so while I myself don't have a problem with that per say, I would've understood it better if you'd given that as your reasoning. The God-defeating bit was given enough in-story explanation that I thought that people would understand if they pay attention. I wasn't expecting this from you.

On Bleach: Yeah, it definitely needs to improve. The recent fight, Yoruichi vs. Askin, should've ended already, but Kubo just had to make Urahara develop PIS and tell Askin how Yoruichi's new form works so he can come up with a counter to it. And now he's even brought out his Volstandig which seems to have an electrical attribute added to it now (if I understood what's going on in that pic correctly). Dragging the fight out more. I just hope the fight ends soon, with Askin's defeat, so we can finally move on. But what's worse is that these abilities were all originally Bach's, and that Bach himself gave the Sternritter these abilities. When these guys die, those abilities will go back to Bach. As if Bach isn't already hax enough.

But anyway, let's go back to HS DxD now.

I really think DxD should get a sequel. One that expands upon HS DxD EX like what I said before would also be good, as well as a sequel that shows us Ise's life in college (if possible).
Old 2016-03-23, 11:43   Link #165
Chris38

On a more story related topic..

I wonder if the next arc is going to have anything mentioned about Ise's progress with the development of each of his Triaina modes.

After all it's a necessary step to stabilize Ise;s CCQ mode and ... in my opinion, it's also necessary to make progress with Ise's DxD mode.

Since I believe that the DxD mode can be considered as an expansion of Ise's CCQ mode - and since Ise hasn't reached a stable state yet when he uses his CCQ mode ... Ise had to suffer a quite drastic side effect when he used the DxD mode at a pretty high power level...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-23, 20:13   Link #166
Biohazardous

At the very least we need to see Ise fully tuned and stable in his max power form. Also need at least an afterword that tells us the status of the future for everyone. (would be kinda long tho so better to have a volume that ends the series telling the future.)
Old 2016-03-24, 08:48   Link #167
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Chris: I think it's pretty much confirmed that DxD mode is an expansion of the Cardinal Crimson Queen. It builds off of the Cardinal Crimson Queen, after all, and Ise also apparently can't reach it without passing though Cardinal Crimson Queen. There's also the fact that Ddraig called it "Cardinal Crimson Promotion - Diabolos Dragon [DxD]".

So yeah, he has to stabilize, tune and master Cardinal Crimson Queen and raise its power to Heavenly Dragon level to master DxD mode so he can raise its power to complete Ophis' (Dragon God) level. Training in DxD mode itself would be good, too, as well as training in Cardinal Crimson Queen.

The status on his training with the Triaina modes would be good. I'd like to get that somewhere in the novels as well.
Old 2016-05-27, 00:23   Link #168
B214

From Ishibumi's blog.

The editor for DxD and -SD- changed
Volume 22 will focus on Rias and Akeno attaining their happiness. (3some?)
Ravel will play a big role throughout the final arc/chapter.
Ishibumi is still in discussion with his editors regarding the short stories, so still no short stories for the time being.
Still nothing for -SD-

Link: http://ishibumi.exblog.jp/24407974/
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-29, 08:36   Link #169
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I hope that either his first time is with Rias and he also get to do it with Akeno later in the same Volume, or he just gets a threesome with the both of them in a Two Great Onee-sama Sandwich. We already have actual Sister Sandwiches, so why not a Two Great Onee-sama Sandwich now? They'll have already graduated from Kuou Academy's High School section, but yeah (or maybe they'll have that title in the University section as well? I hope they do).

It's not set in stone that Ishi will get to have Ise get laid finally, even if the editor changed, but I do hope it happens. It's true that the editor was the one getting in the way of it, after all, and Ishi himself did want to write it in.

I'm not sure what you think about the short stories right now, honestly, but I just want to read the DX ones that are already out first.

And I wonder what big role Ravel's going to be playing.
Old 2016-05-29, 20:34   Link #170
Variabug
Professional Lurker

Ravel will most likely play a big role with the creation of Issei's peerage and/or the creation of his team. One of Ravels greatest assets is her high intelligence and understanding of Devil society in comparison to Issei. This means that she would be the best person to create a good peerage or team that Issei could use in the future. I believe someone said that the aristocracy where saying that Issei should probably be promoted to a High-class during the spoilers for 21 although we won't know for sure until ZX is done translating after his exams are done. Considering that he's pretty much an Ultimate-tier by this point and having faced Super Devils practically by himself (almost dying in the process but still much more than most Devils could do) I think its more than likely that a promotion is in order and that would be a good way to end the series as well as setup for any future plans in the franchise.

As for the change in editor, yeah, Issei is gonna be a lucky bastard in the next couple months. Well, that is if it was the editor who was against it. I've heard people say that the publisher was telling the editor not to add sex scenes within the series. I know that SAO had a sex scene and it was published by ASCII who owned by Kadokawa, the owner of DXD publisher Fujumi Shobo but I'm not entirely sure how much active control Kadokawa has on either company nor the general policies of FS so if someone knows this please put it down. At the same time I haven't seen anything about the new editor and whether that person will be okay with sex within the series. We can only hope.
Variabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-29, 20:40   Link #171
Chichiryuushintei

I'm 99% sure the SAO sex scene was just something the author posted on his blog. It wasn't in the actual book.
Old 2016-05-30, 09:42   Link #172
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The book did have the "intro/lead-in" into the sex scene and a timeskip to imply that the sex happened. It also showed Kirito and Asuna naked in bed together the next morning. SAO Volume 1 Chapter 16.5 was just the sex itself, like a hentai novel chapter.

The problem with HS DxD right now is that we don't get even the implied sex scene and the timeskip to after the deed's been done, like in Madan, SAO, Rakudai and other series. Magika hasn't had actual sex yet, but it's already shown the MC doing foreplay with his girls so far, which is already more than HS DxD has (Magika is already Borderline-H like Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha since the MC has done everything except penetration already, with most of the girls, and we got to see all of it).
Old 2016-05-30, 11:06   Link #173
Chichiryuushintei

If Ishi goes borderline-hentai, I'm dropping this without a second thought.
Old 2016-05-30, 13:01   Link #174
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's okay. Magika is fine even with all of that, you should read it. But Ishi still may or may not actually do that.

And besides, even if it does become Borderline-H, it's not like Ishi will show us the whole sex, even including penetration and all. We've already seen the foreplay in Magika anyway, so when they actually go all the way, it'll probably be skipped.

You remember that the scene with Ise achieving Balance Breaker was also changed to be less explicit or whatnot, right? What was it originally, sucking? I think even with the ecchi scenes as they are now, it's not really that far from being Borderline-H. The editor may have been stopping Ishi making it Borderline-H too, for all we know.

And I really don't like the idea of dropping a series just for something happening to a character or for one specific thing that happened.
Old 2016-05-30, 13:15   Link #175
Chichiryuushintei

No. I'll not.

Foreplay is already too close to smut for me.

Poking nipples is nowhere near being close to pseudo-hentai.

Now, that'd my problem, wouldn't it?
Old 2016-05-30, 13:37   Link #176
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You don't know what you're missing if you aren't reading Magika. It's not smut in any way. Try talking to Ultragunner about it.

I wasn't saying that poking is close to pseudo-hentai, I was saying that sucking them may have been. Which would be the reason why Ishi was forced to change it. But the fact that he wanted to write that scene like that should tell you something.
Old 2016-05-30, 13:40   Link #177
Chichiryuushintei

I'm missing a fictional story. That's it. Doesn't matter how great or brilliant it is, that is it.

But that wasn't in the LN, so it's irrelevant.
Old 2016-05-30, 14:08   Link #178
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'll tell you about Magika in a spoiler tag, then, since it's off-topic and will derail the thread:
Spoiler for Magika info:

And again, it's not a smut series. Trust me and at least try the first seven Volumes. Read them all, at least the first seven. If you don't like it, don't read ahead. And just so you know, it's another series that did what IS try to do and actually succeeded. And it's also got all of the good things that DxD has but it did them really well.

Anyway, I really think Ise should get laid in Volume 22, though if it's not in Volume 22 but in a later Volume, it's still fine. It just has to happen already.
Old 2016-05-30, 16:07   Link #179
Krudelu
???

Now that i start hearing about what may happen in Volume 22, I think this might be at least the best time (at least earliest) for "it" to happen. If its "done" to Rias at least, I think its more understandable given her relationship with Ise so far in the series which may make it more enjoyable (meaning that the "event" wont feel like one of the characters is forced to such situation or backed up by an outside "gimmick"). If it ever happen, I hope it become an enjoyable one
Krudelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-30, 18:54   Link #180
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Akeno will also have a development that her fans will like, apparently. If Ise's going to be "doing it," he could be doing it with both of them.