Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-19, 16:19   Link #7721
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Remember that Archer had to come from someplace before he became a Heroic Spirit..just like Saber and the rest.
Yeah, he came from a world where Emiya Shirou sold his soul to the Counter Force for a miracle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If you go by appearance alone then yeah. The context surrounding it however seems to suggest it's Emiya Shirou before his death.
Shirou would never dress up as Archer, and that is definitely supposed to be Archer at the end of UBW.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 16:21   Link #7722
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

I thought it was Archer too, since it has that black haze with "FSN" stamped on it which sounds like it's supposed to be the events of FSN. I can see it being Shirou too though.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 16:27   Link #7723
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

If it's only depicting events od FSN then black coat Shirou wouldn't be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Shirou would never dress up as Archer, and that is definitely supposed to be Archer at the end of UBW.
Why do you think Shirou would never dress up as Archer? Near in mind we also saw UBW in Realta Nua Last Episode...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 16:35   Link #7724
FFXFan13

It's showing Archer's life, not Shirou's.

Quote:
Why do you think Shirou would never dress up as Archer? Near in mind we also saw UBW in Realta Nua Last Episode...
Because he doesn't like Archer in any of the routes? Except maybe HF.
Old 2012-07-19, 16:35   Link #7725
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Quote:
If it's only depicting events od FSN then black coat Shirou wouldn't be there.

No, I mean just the black part is where FSN is supposed to take place in that sequence of events.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 18:18   Link #7726
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh I see what you mean.

Quote:
It's showing Archer's life, not Shirou's.
I'm pretty sure it's Shirou's considering Avalon at the end...

Quote:
Because he doesn't like Archer in any of the routes? Except maybe HF.
And? A mere dislike doesn't neccesarily suddenly mean he's going to avoid his dress wear or even remember what Archer wore. It didn't stop him from using his swords and if Archer's dress wear was based on practicality (highly likely) then it won't stop him using his dress wear especially when he's unlikely to be that petty when he grows up. If we're going by FSN logic then it makes far less sense for Archer to end up in Avalon than it does Shirou dressing up like Archer.
Old 2012-07-19, 18:26   Link #7727
FFXFan13

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's Shirou's considering Avalon at the end...
Which is why I'm calling bullshit, Archer can not get into Avalon! That is blatantly Archer, if it wasn't meant to be Archer, they would have dran him resembling Shirou and not Captain Suicide!
Quote:
And? A mere dislike doesn't neccesarily suddenly mean he's going to avoid his dress wear or even remember what Archer wore. It didn't stop him from using his swords and if Archer's dress wear was based on practicality (highly likely) then it won't stop him using his dress wear especially when he's unlikely to be that petty when he grows up. If we're going by FSN logic then it makes far less sense for Archer to end up in Avalon than it does Shirou dressing up like Archer.
o, but a dislike generally means he isn't going to try and be him! And, I don't think he ever actually uses Archer's swords in the Fate route.
Old 2012-07-19, 18:43   Link #7728
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Which is why I'm calling bullshit, Archer can not get into Avalon! That is blatantly Archer, if it wasn't meant to be Archer, they would have dran him resembling Shirou and not Captain Suicide!
Unless they think Shirou resembles Archer at the end of his life. Hence the black coat Shirou with the white hair and red scarf emphasising a transition. Also the actual Archer died with loads on blades impaled on his back.

Quote:
o, but a dislike generally means he isn't going to try and be him! And, I don't think he ever actually uses Archer's swords in the Fate route.
But he does use his swords in UBW proving that he isn't petty. Like I said, it makes far less sense for Archer to end up in Avalon than it does for him to end up with Archers dress wear.
Old 2012-07-19, 18:47   Link #7729
FFXFan13

Quote:
Unless they think Shirou resembles Archer at the end of his life. Hence the black coat Shirou with the white hair and red scarf emphasising a transition. Also the actual Archer died with loads on blades impaled on his back.
You mean the clothing that Archer wore in life, according to Fate/Extra?

Quote:
But he does use his swords in UBW proving that he isn't petty. Like I said, it makes far less sense for Archer to end up in Avalon than it does for him to end up with Archers dress wear.
It makes perfect sense for him to become an Archer clone? If the artist had wanted it to be Shirou, it would be Shirou standing in Avalon, not Archer. It's a crappy timeline of Archer's life!
Old 2012-07-19, 19:05   Link #7730
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
You mean the clothing that Archer wore in life, according to Fate/Extra?
Wait, you mean the Archer that made a contract with the moon? And like I said, Archer died with loads of swords in his back.

Quote:
It makes perfect sense for him to become an Archer clone? If the artist had wanted it to be Shirou, it would be Shirou standing in Avalon, not Archer. It's a crappy timeline of Archer's life!
Unless they think Shirou resembles Archer at the end of his life. Besides, Shirou definitely does become an Archer clone in ideals up until his last moments, hence his monologue implying so and the shot of his UBW.
Old 2012-07-19, 19:12   Link #7731
FFXFan13

Quote:
Exactly. And like I said, Archer died with loads of swords in his back.
Supposedly. Because really, in the Nasuverse, who else aside from Gil, is capable of Swordspam like that?

Quote:
Unless they think Shirou resembles Archer at the end of his life. Besides, Shirou definitely does become an Archer clone in ideals up until his last moments, hence his monologue implying so and the shot of his UBW.
Archer doesn't have ideals. He threw them away, in his attempt to kill himself.

And even if he was still following the ideals Archer threw aside, he doesn't have to end up looking identical to him!
Old 2012-07-19, 19:21   Link #7732
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Supposedly. Because really, in the Nasuverse, who else aside from Gil, is capable of Swordspam like that?
Not supposedly. Rin sees a dream of his death where he's impaled with loads of swords.

Quote:
Archer doesn't have ideals. He threw them away, in his attempt to kill himself.
That's after he died though. I did specifically say he was an Archer clone up until his last moments.

Quote:
And even if he was still following the ideals Archer threw aside, he doesn't have to end up looking identical to him!
He doesn't have to but he probably will if his dress wear is indeed based on practicality and he ends up going through the same life experiences after Fate that Archer did before he died, hence why they have identical UBW in Last Episode.
Old 2012-07-19, 19:26   Link #7733
FFXFan13

Quote:
Not supposedly. Rin sees a dream of his death where he's impaled with loads of swords.
How!? Nobody else is capable of swordspam like that! What, did he do it to himself!

...Actually, that's highly possible.

Quote:
That's after he died though. I did specifically say he was an Archer clone up until his last moments.
We don't know a damn thing about what Archer was like when he was alive! And Shirou wouldn't make half the mistakes Archer made, like turn himself into an albino, because he's already got a better understanding of his Magic then Archer did at his age.

Quote:
He doesn't have to but he probably will if his dress wear is indeed based on practicality and he ends up going through the same life experiences after Fate that Archer did vefore he died.
Unlikely. Again, he's already seen where those choices end up, and his understanding of his Magecraft is better then Archer's was at his age. He won't make the same mistakes Archer did.
Old 2012-07-19, 19:38   Link #7734
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
How!? Nobody else is capable of swordspam like that! What, did he do it to himself!

...Actually, that's highly possible.
It doesn't have to be just one person. There were probably loads.

Quote:
We don't know a damn thing about what Archer was like when he was alive! And Shirou wouldn't make half the mistakes Archer made, like turn himself into an albino, because he's already got a better understanding of his Magic then Archer did at his age.

Unlikely. Again, he's already seen where those choices end up, and his understanding of his Magecraft is better then Archer's was at his age. He won't make the same mistakes Archer did.
We don't know a damn thing about Archer when he was alive but we do know Shirou would not make the same mistakes Archer did which we know nothing about?

Actually we know plenty about Archer but there's nothing to suggest Shirou has a better grasp of magecraft after Fate than Archer did.

Given how both their UBWs are identical, I think its pretty safe to say they had the same life experiences.

Shirou has not seen where Archers choices ended up except maybe Archer's choice to turn into a counter guardian which Shirou avoids anyway.
Old 2012-07-19, 19:40   Link #7735
HinataShou

Taylor Swift

HinataShou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 19:41   Link #7736
FFXFan13

Quote:
Given how both their UBWs are identical, I think its pretty safe to say they had the same life experiences.
Unless their chants are identical, then no. They aren't. They fulfil the same function, or re-creating the swords Shirou see's.

And we've gone completely off point anyway, where's the author page? We can look there, and prove that it is Archer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinataShou View Post
Taylor Swift

...Did you just photoshop Saber's hair onto Taylor Swift?
Old 2012-07-19, 19:49   Link #7737
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Unless their chants are identical, then no. They aren't. They fulfil the same function, or re-creating the swords Shirou see's.
If you notice, the gears are still there. That was the one thing that seperated Archers reality marble to Shirou's marble in the UBW route (Besides the chant).
Old 2012-07-19, 19:53   Link #7738
FFXFan13

Quote:
If you notice, the gears are still there. That was the one thing that seperated Archers reality marble to Shirou's marble in the UBW route (Besides the chant).
And the smog.

Also: Artist's Page

It's tagged Archer, and has "Story of an Anti-Hero" as one of the tags. It's a Time-Line of Archer's life.
Old 2012-07-19, 20:06   Link #7739
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yes but it's called Fate. It's a follow on of the Fate route.
Old 2012-07-19, 20:08   Link #7740
FFXFan13

Quote:
Yes but it's called Fate. It's a follow on of the Fate route.
And you think it's Archer's fate to make it into Avalon? No. Hell No.

Tags
fate/apocrypha, fate/extra, fate/grand order, fate/hollow ataraxia, fate/kaleid liner, fate/stay night, fate/zero, images