AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-08-10, 21:11   Link #1
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Did Anyone Else Goto The Japanese Culture Festival This Weekend In Sacramento?

I went and it was alot of fun. They held it at the Sacramento Budist temple on X st. They had so much good food. I had udon, tenpura, bbq teryiaki chicken, but.. the one thing that I wanted. My sole reason for going, taiyaki was not there.

I have wanted a taiyaki ever since I saw them in Kanon. They just look soo good.

But they also had flower arranging, calligraphy, taiko drumming (hell yeah!).

But I left not only with a stomach full of food and sake. I left with a new outlook on life. I was walking down a hallway actually looking for the calligraphy room but I stumbled into a presentation on Buddhism. Buddhism makes so much sense.

All and all I am glad that I went. They had food for the stomach and food for the soul and I had my fill of both
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 21:46   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I wonder if it was the Sacramento version of the Oban festival with added fun. One of the Portland, OR Buddhist temples has an Oban festival in the first week or two of August every year. And we do have some guy with a taiyaki stand that shows up to almost all the Japanese or Asian cultural festivals.
Old 2009-08-10, 22:16   Link #3
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I wonder if it was the Sacramento version of the Oban festival with added fun. One of the Portland, OR Buddhist temples has an Oban festival in the first week or two of August every year. And we do have some guy with a taiyaki stand that shows up to almost all the Japanese or Asian cultural festivals.
No actually the Obon festival is already over. They didn't have one in Sacramento but they had a huge obon festival in San Jose

here is the website http://www.sjbetsuin.com/

I dont know how to embed youtube videos but here is one of the obon dance this year. They had over a thousand ppl doing the dance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpX1csRgF04

Ahh! you guys had taiyaki? I am so envious.
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote