AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-02-29, 19:18   Link #41
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Hahahaha and what were his previous methods?

-Cast Tsukiyomi on Sasuke and experience 48 hours of his parents and clan being slaughtered.

-Taunting his pathetic existence (as a 6 year old) and tell him to hate more and kill him.... to a 6 year old.

-(Once he learned Chidori) Breaks his arm, kicks him to a wall, mouth bleeding. Chokes him; tell him he still doesn't have enough hate and how weak he is; cast a 2 day Tsukiyomi on him - PUTTING HIM INTO A COMA + mental trama.

-etc etc
Itachi: "I'm sorry Sasuke, it seems my convoluted plan to give you a good life failed. Who would have thought that spending years filling your life with pain, misery, abuse and trauma and encouraging you to be MORE hateful would turn you into a cold blooded little monster?"

Quote:
Anyways I had a feeling Kishi never intended for Itachi to be a good guy. Because none of these make sense. What made sense was how Itachi claims - in an insane expression - that he wanted Sasuke to have the same eyes so he can have EMS.
Ha, you and me both. I can't recall all the details, but i remember going over a number of details that made me believe that Itachi's suddenly reveal as a good guy was a massive retcon that kishi came up with some time after the time skip. Itachi's plans for sasuke were just so idiotically stupid and so heavily prone to failure... and that's not even counting Madara's interference.

I mean take for instance how Itachi egged on Sasuke to acquire the same eyes as himself, the MS... the same MS that is acquired by killing someone close to you. If Sasuke actually did willingly follow through with that plan he might have wound up killing his best friend (in this case naruto) which would have landed him a nice permanent place on kohona's most wanted list... Ya Sasuke wouldn't be likely to have a happy life in Kohona if that happened. THIS is what Itachi was essentially pushing sasuke to do when he berated his weakness and pushed him to desire the MS.
Old 2012-02-29, 19:20   Link #42
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
What? I had always thought the reason behind Itachi's behaveor was to make Sasuke stronger than himself, so that he can defeat Tobi / Madara, which he himself can't . . . or something like that. But to guide him on the right way? What's that even supposed to mean? Did he want to make a good boy out of little Sasuke by showing how awesome hatred and being evil is? And is making your brother kill you really the 'right way'? Well, I guess that's all a matter of interpretation. I'm kind of disappointed with this, but I am ok with it.

The thing about Naruto was a bit too cheesy though. But I guess, at this point, what else can we really expect, with people praising a spoiled teen as messiah when they have seen him only twice. Whatever.

Things are getting interesting for me though, because Itachi is heading towards Kabuto . . . and Sasuke seems to follow him for now. That's all three people needed, almost in position, for the possibility of you know what I'm talking about.
Old 2012-02-29, 20:52   Link #43
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
What? I had always thought the reason behind Itachi's behaveor was to make Sasuke stronger than himself, so that he can defeat Tobi / Madara, which he himself can't . . . or something like that. But to guide him on the right way? What's that even supposed to mean? Did he want to make a good boy out of little Sasuke by showing how awesome hatred and being evil is? And is making your brother kill you really the 'right way'? Well, I guess that's all a matter of interpretation. I'm kind of disappointed with this, but I am ok with it.
Well yes part of the point was to make sasuke strong... but i do believe that the other part was that Itachi's ultimate wish and the whole purpose behind his sacrifice was so sasuke would be able to live on in Konoha

Though even the plan to use "hatred" to make sasuke strong was flawed... I mean, there are numerous examples of powerful ninjas who became strong without embracing hatred, such as Sarutobi, Jaraiya and Minato... Hell Itachi HIMSELF is one such ninja; he was the most powerful of the uchiha at the age of 13 and he was peace lover. Itachi should know from first hand experience that sasuke doesn't need to embrace hatred and vengeance to become strong.
Old 2012-02-29, 20:54   Link #44
Alchemist007
*Author

Lol'd at the women commentary, Kishi didn't even consider bothering to hold back anymore on that topic. Itachi seems like he's making another mistake not explaining shit to Sasuke. Really, his leaving him in the dark lead to this and now that he's able to talk to him again and possibly rectify (to a Sasuke clearly still willing to listen), he chooses not to?! Fuckindpsoaifjdpga%#$@&%
Old 2012-02-29, 21:09   Link #45
Lendial

its sad tusanade is so far below madara's level at this point. its honestly like comparing naruto ep 1 to naruto in 6 paths kyuubi mode.
Old 2012-02-29, 21:28   Link #46
ntherblast

Seems all the kages are going to use some big attack/give a grand speech against madara last week it was the tsuchikage now it is the hokage and im guessing next week it will be the mizukage
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 21:31   Link #47
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
itachis intentions where sound, but the method was the problem. He wanted sasuke to be the rising hope of the clan, he wanted sasuke the lone survivor to kill his brother and clan murderer and redeem the name uchiha. but he filled him with so much hate and pain that he snapped and when he snapped, fake madara was their to guide him down a darker path.

sasuke was done, he killed his brother, he was pretty much done with everything he wanted to do and then fake madara was hey, did you know your bro was pretty awesome and was really vash from trigun and strived for love and peace?

you can really blame fake madara for sasukes problems.
Old 2012-02-29, 22:16   Link #48
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Itachi seems like he's making another mistake not explaining shit to Sasuke. Really, his leaving him in the dark lead to this and now that he's able to talk to him again and possibly rectify (to a Sasuke clearly still willing to listen), he chooses not to?! Fuckindpsoaifjdpga%#$@&%
Yeah, it was a little odd for Itachi to still be so aloof towards Sasuke. I mean, I don't expect him to be chatty or anything, but it did seem like he was still kind of baiting Sasuke like he's always done. He came off as condescending when it would probably go a long ways for him to show some understanding right now. Ok, Kabuto's a huge threat, but so is the unstable little brother with mommy and daddy issues begging for attention from big bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
Though even the plan to use "hatred" to make sasuke strong was flawed... I mean, there are numerous examples of powerful ninjas who became strong without embracing hatred, such as Sarutobi, Jaraiya and Minato... Hell Itachi HIMSELF is one such ninja; he was the most powerful of the uchiha at the age of 13 and he was peace lover. Itachi should know from first hand experience that sasuke doesn't need to embrace hatred and vengeance to become strong.
Well not just to become strong... Itachi also wanted to make sure that one day Sasuke would come after him ( since he felt guilt over the massacre) and Madara, which is why he mentioned the 3rd MS user.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 23:07   Link #49
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
you can really blame fake madara for sasukes problems.
I still blame Itachi for the stupid plan... I mean he KNEW fake madara could be a problem, that's why he took percautions to prevent their meeting. But a huge reason why Tobi's interference was of such great influence is because sasuke had become such a hate filled little prick. Choosing to destory the village, including killing his friends, would not be a decision he would easily come to if he still cared deeply for both... but he essentially abandoned both in his mad pursuit of power through hatred; the path that Itachi pushed him to take

and as i said before, that hate filled path could have also easily led to sasuke making some serious mistakes such as killing Naruto or joinging evil villians for power... oh wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Well not just to become strong... Itachi also wanted to make sure that one day Sasuke would come after him ( since he felt guilt over the massacre) and Madara, which is why he mentioned the 3rd MS user.
Again, a goal that does not require hatred...
In his hate filled state, Sasuke has been seeking vengeance; Yes it led him to Itachi, but it also led to him abandoning everything else and that same desire for vengence is now having him target innocent people. On the other hand, Good guys who are not filled with hate can instead develop a sense of "Justice"... Instead of making it personal, they seek out criminals and stop them because they know its what's best for the world. Its much more selfless. Following the path of justice, Sasuke would have still found the drive to take down Itachi and Tobi.

Hell Itachi could have even sped up the process... instead of Sasuke training on his own in the academy for 6 years, he could have arranged for someone like Kakashi to become something of a guardian to sasuke... Kakashi would be able to begin Sasuke's training far earlier on, and in turn accelerate Sasuke's growth, while at the same time trying to raise him up to be someone more righteous and not driven by hate.
Old 2012-02-29, 23:30   Link #50
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I still blame Itachi for the stupid plan... I mean he KNEW fake madara could be a problem, that's why he took percautions to prevent their meeting. But a huge reason why Tobi's interference was of such great influence is because sasuke had become such a hate filled little prick. Choosing to destory the village, including killing his friends, would not be a decision he would easily come to if he still cared deeply for both... but he essentially abandoned both in his mad pursuit of power through hatred; the path that Itachi pushed him to take

and as i said before, that hate filled path could have also easily led to sasuke making some serious mistakes such as killing Naruto or joinging evil villians for power... oh wait...

In his hate filled state, Sasuke has been seeking vengeance; Yes it led him to Itachi, but it also led to him abandoning everything else and that same desire for vengence is now having him target innocent people. On the other hand, Good guys who are not filled with hate can instead develop a sense of "Justice"... Instead of making it personal, they seek out criminals and stop them because they know its what's best for the world. Its much more selfless. Following the path of justice, Sasuke would have still found the drive to take down Itachi and Tobi.

Hell Itachi could have even sped up the process... instead of Sasuke training on his own in the academy for 6 years, he could have arranged for someone like Kakashi to become something of a guardian to sasuke... Kakashi would be able to begin Sasuke's training far earlier on, and in turn accelerate Sasuke's growth, while at the same time trying to raise him up to be someone more righteous and not driven by hate.
i hate to say it but you're right. his intentions for sasuke were noble but the way he did it was horribly twisted. the best reason i could come up with is that maybe itachi felt that hatred is sasuke's greatest motivator and the only thing that could make him stronger. he does know his brother better than anyone else. people get motivated in different ways. some get motivation from inspiration, some from desperation, but the ones who gain the most strength are the ones who struggled from a certain adversity and sometimes anger helps. when you hate someone so badly, you would do anything to destroy that person, and that could be a form of strength. the only problem with that is after you've destroyed that person there would be nothing left to you. it's not like your enemy's death could quench your hate and bring you peace. so i think itachi did go about it the wrong way. he made sasuke strong but he also destroyed him. i guess he knew it would turn out that way, and perhaps his plan was not to make a noble man out of sasuke but to make him the ultimate avenger for the uchiha. he was just hoping against hope that sasuke won't turn out to be an evil little villain because of it. oh i don't know! itachi and sasuke's relationship is so screwed up that analyzing the damn thing is giving me a headache!

Quote:
As much as I like Itachi, I feel he's being a real jerk right now. After putting him through all the lies, misery, and confusion, he could have at least had a candid discussion about this whole debacle answering a few questions, even if he did it while running to Kabuto. Or he could have even quickly explained what was going on and asked Sasuke to follow. Unless Sasuke follows him to Kabuto for the fight, this rendezvous of theirs is pointless imho; I expected much more than that.
you're not the only one who feels that way. but then again, if you really think about it the conversation was awkward because it happened at the wrong place and the wrong time. the encounter could have been better planned, placed and written. it wasn't even a real conversation since itachi was running away and sasuke was desperately following him. itachi couldn't even face his little brother and tell him the truth! what was that all about?! it's like nothing has changed. sasuke still continues to chase after his brother and itachi continues to avoid him like he's not man enough to know the truth. but he talks to naruto like naruto is already an adult and expects him to be one. i don't get it. this is why i can't help but question kishi's writing sometimes. he can be so inconsistent.
Old 2012-03-01, 00:02   Link #51
iBeast

Thumbs down

Itachi is on crack. Even I don't know what the fuck he is talking about.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 00:08   Link #52
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
The best thing Itachi could've done was not kill the Uchiha clan in the first place and ruin Sasuke's life. But once he did, the ship had sailed. Sasuke was traumatized. The only way Itachi could reach him at all was to focus all Sasuke's rage on himself. There's no way he'd be able to preach a message of selflessness to Sasuke after he just butchered their family. Ronin myael, is right. Hatred can be just as powerful a motivator as love and friendship and Itachi clearly was in much better position to use that for influence.

It was either nuture Sasuke's hatred for him or leave him a broken, lonely child and let what happens happen. Either way, it was pretty silly for him to believe that wouldn't take a toll on Sasuke's sanity.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 00:24   Link #53
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
you're not the only one who feels that way. but then again, if you really think about it the conversation was awkward because it happened at the wrong place and the wrong time. the encounter could have been better planned, placed and written. it wasn't even a real conversation since itachi was running away and sasuke was desperately following him. itachi couldn't even face his little brother and tell him the truth! what was that all about?! it's like nothing has changed. sasuke still continues to chase after his brother and itachi continues to avoid him like he's not man enough to know the truth. but he talks to naruto like naruto is already an adult and expects him to be one. i don't get it. this is why i can't help but question kishi's writing sometimes. he can be so inconsistent.
You can tell when an element of the story is forced by the author. Itachi left Sasuke's fate to Naruto; so there is nothing he can do here. He can't change Sasuke or put his mind at ease. Only Naruto can.

So we are left with a whole lot of nothing, awkwardness, and strange dialogue. Itachi, who Kishi has been trying to portray as a hero for numerous chapters, comes off as a jerk to Sasuke once again. While Sasuke, this supposedly scary villain that will bring "carnage" to the battlefield, is now a scared and pathetic little 16 year kid chasing after big aloof brother once again. It was a reunion that did not need to take place. All because Kishi wanted to draw more Uchiha panels.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 01:01   Link #54
itachi-san314

I think itachi's aloofness toward sasuke is not only perfect given his personality, but it completely fits with his character's motivations throughout his life. once again he is sacrificing his personal life for the greater good. there are kages and a whole bunch of other ninja who are about to die from the edo tensei and he is stopping at nothing to save them. he's doing what he deems to be the greatest good. too bad for sasuke it always seems to be him that gets the short end of the stick, but itachi is treating him like an adult now. he's not trying to influence him one way or the other and he's not ignoring him either. he just seems done with sasuke. he's disappointed in himself and in sasuke and doesn't think he knows how to help the situation.

as for the hatred thing, itachi definitely wanted sasuke to become strong. like people said it can be doen in light like minato or in dark like madara. itachi chose dark for sasuke because not only was the scenario setup for that to work, but the uchiha apparently thrive in darkness and hatred. tobi said this to naruto when explaining the uchiha's bloodsoaked past. itachi wanted sasuke to be stronger than him one day and he decided that that path of darkness and revenge was best suited for a young uchiha to quickly develop. itachi's constant surprise at naruto's development in the light is proof that he never thought that way and never thought that sasuke could become powerful that way. that's why he's leaving it up to naruto, because naruto knows more than itachi does about the light side and he thinks that is what sasuke needs
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 01:06   Link #55
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I also agree with ronin myael. I’ll also try to analyze it as good as I can since Uchiha bros’ relationship is so convoluted and fucked-up since they’re in fucked-up situation .

First, Itachi really love peace and the Konoha village. That practically only gave him one choice: to slaughter his entire clan who prepared to rebel and destroy the peace. He let Sasuke live coz Itachi loves him that much and also as his way of redemption later on. Itachi surely hopes that Sasuke will one day become a great and powerful ninja who’ll be able beat him (the ‘great villain’ who wiped out Uchiha clan), become the hero of Konoha (even with the hatred intact) and protect himself from Tobi/Madara. From there on, Itachi can only pose as a big jerk of a villain in front of Sasuke in order for his plan to work till Itachi’s last moment. The problem is, Itachi’s plan to instantly eliminate Tobi with Amaterasu through Sasuke’s eyes failed miserably. That results in Tobi using Sasuke’s un-directed hatred for his plan and made Sasuke even crazier than before. And since now Sasuke already know about Itachi’s plan pretty much and still went to the wrong path, Itachi can only leave things to Naruto since he has nothing left to say to Sasuke. Also, Itachi’s kinda busy now so he can’t really focus to have a heart-to-heart conversation with Sasuke. Damn, it’s already made me dizzy .
Old 2012-03-01, 01:22   Link #56
Midnight Commander

Quote:
the conversation was awkward because it happened at the wrong place and the wrong time.
It did indeed feel awkward. Considering how Sasuke has always looked up to Itachi, and that he learned the truth about him, it feels more natural to me that if anyone had the ability to reach Sasuke it would be Itachi. After leaving the village and defeating Naruto, I don't think Sasuke even mentions Naruto's name, nor does any of his subsequent goals or endeavors have anything to do with him whatsoever.

So quite frankly, I don't find it convincing that Sasuke and Naruto's friendship is deep enough that Naruto would be the only one who can set Sasuke on the right path, putting aside all his anguish. And, even if Naruto has that ability, why wouldn't Itachi also be able to do so? It just feels horribly contrived, just to make Naruto the ultimate hero.

Quote:
It was either nuture Sasuke's hatred for him or leave him a broken, lonely child and let what happens happen.
Sasuke was actually doing well around the time he and Naruto became closer imho. He did indeed start out "broken and lonely" in the classes, but team-7 did have have some positive influence on him, at least socially. He also had Kakashi as a master(an awesome coach/role model), and I'm sure between the two of them they would've come up with a way to get Sasuke a nice MS technique. Sasuke and Naruto were rivals, but it was a sportsman-like rivalry (e.g. Naruto delcaring that he wanted to fight Sasuke in the tournament).

If he kept going down that route, I'd imagine him probably having the mindset of bringing Itachi to justice, rather than "slaughtering" him. Whats interesting is that it was Itachi himself who took set Sasuke on the "wrong path", as his little visit to the village became the catalyst for Sasuke not being satisfied with his growth, and it certainly didn't help that Itachi dismissed him, saying Naruto was more important (which caused a very unsportsmanlike-like resentment towards Naruto), not to mention the mind torture, brutal beating, more taunting, etc.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 02:05   Link #57
Slayerx

Quote:
i hate to say it but you're right. his intentions for sasuke were noble but the way he did it was horribly twisted. the best reason i could come up with is that maybe itachi felt that hatred is sasuke's greatest motivator and the only thing that could make him stronger. he does know his brother better than anyone else. people get motivated in different ways. some get motivation from inspiration, some from desperation, but the ones who gain the most strength are the ones who struggled from a certain adversity and sometimes anger helps. when you hate someone so badly, you would do anything to destroy that person, and that could be a form of strength.
Problem with your theory is the fact that we saw Sasuke as a kid and we saw no indication that "hatred" would be the most preferable motivation. He was a good kid, who loves his family, worked hard and seem to take great pride in his family's line of work which he was told was protecting konoha.

Yes hate can be a powerful motivator, but it can VERY easily motivate you in the most horrible possible way. Many of the most vile people in history had hate as their motivation. Hate has a great tendency to blind people... We can even see it in Sasuke... Hate is a the reason he was willing to abandon Konoha and his friends; Hate is the reason why he was willing to give up his body to a mad man (though he changed his mind later); And now Hate is the reason he is willing to murder all of his former friends and kill thousands of innocent people. Most every character that uses hate as a motivator turns out to be a villain (i think the only heroe's that pop up from hate are those that were villains that managed to reform when they realized how wrong all their hate was)... So ya, Itachi was basically pushing sasuke down the villain path from day one

Quote:
The best thing Itachi could've done was not kill the Uchiha clan in the first place and ruin Sasuke's life.
No it wasn't seeing as doing that would have led to a massive war that would have could have resulted in either A) Sasuke being killed in the war, B) the entire clan being killed in the war anyway, or C) the clan being victorious but sasuke probably scarred for life after having to see war first hand at the ripe young age of 6... and i'm not so sure how the uchiha would fair if they had to first beat kohona and then beat back all the other villages; making A and B more likely...

Quote:
But once he did, the ship had sailed. Sasuke was traumatized. The only way Itachi could reach him at all was to focus all Sasuke's rage on himself. There's no way he'd be able to preach a message of selflessness to Sasuke after he just butchered their family. Ronin myael, is right. Hatred can be just as powerful a motivator as love and friendship and Itachi clearly was in much better position to use that for influence.
Trauma is not the end all be all; time heals all wounds as they say and people can recover from most anything... Hell we know a lot of heroes in fiction that have trauma in their past. Despite the trauma they choose a more selfless path

Also, Itachi himself would not be the one preaching the selfless message... Itachi would just not egg sasuke on with the Hatred BS that he had been spouting and exposing sasuke to even MORE trauma via mind rape... He would instead rely on konoha, which has produced numerous heroes to provide sasuke with the proper upbringing to seek out justice for his clan instead of vengeance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
itachi chose dark for sasuke because not only was the scenario setup for that to work, but the uchiha apparently thrive in darkness and hatred. tobi said this to naruto when explaining the uchiha's bloodsoaked past.
Except that has been part of the problem with the clan; something that desperately needed to change. Hell Itachi himself proved that whole theory to be misguided. Itachi was one of the most powerful uchiha ever, but he did not get that way with hatred... he did not have a pretty life, but all his training and growth was in pursuit of a purely selfless path. Itachi should have tried to make sure Sasuke went down a similar path

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
Sasuke was actually doing well around the time he and Naruto became closer imho. He did indeed start out "broken and lonely" in the classes, but team-7 did have have some positive influence on him, at least socially. He also had Kakashi as a master(an awesome coach/role model), and I'm sure between the two of them they would've come up with a way to get Sasuke a nice MS technique. Sasuke and Naruto were rivals, but it was a sportsman-like rivalry (e.g. Naruto delcaring that he wanted to fight Sasuke in the tournament).

If he kept going down that route, I'd imagine him probably having the mindset of bringing Itachi to justice, rather than "slaughtering" him. Whats interesting is that it was Itachi himself who took set Sasuke on the "wrong path", as his little visit to the village became the catalyst for Sasuke not being satisfied with his growth, and it certainly didn't help that Itachi dismissed him, saying Naruto was more important (which caused a very unsportsmanlike-like resentment towards Naruto), not to mention the mind torture, brutal beating, more taunting, etc.
heh, true enough... though Itachi instilled hatred at the beginning, sasuke was proving himself able to recover from it and move and a hero's path... and then Itachi had to screw it all up and send him down the villain path instead. Still it does rather show that sasuke was not broken and could make a healthy recover with the right guidance.
Old 2012-03-01, 04:48   Link #58
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Problem with your theory is the fact that we saw Sasuke as a kid and we saw no indication that "hatred" would be the most preferable motivation. He was a good kid, who loves his family, worked hard and seem to take great pride in his family's line of work which he was told was protecting konoha.

Yes hate can be a powerful motivator, but it can VERY easily motivate you in the most horrible possible way. Many of the most vile people in history had hate as their motivation. Hate has a great tendency to blind people... We can even see it in Sasuke... Hate is a the reason he was willing to abandon Konoha and his friends; Hate is the reason why he was willing to give up his body to a mad man (though he changed his mind later); And now Hate is the reason he is willing to murder all of his former friends and kill thousands of innocent people. Most every character that uses hate as a motivator turns out to be a villain (i think the only heroe's that pop up from hate are those that were villains that managed to reform when they realized how wrong all their hate was)... So ya, Itachi was basically pushing sasuke down the villain path from day one.
which is why i think you're right. i tried my best to explain itachi's behavior but it still came out horribly wrong. i don't understand it myself.

but perhaps itachi isn't the selfless hero we all thought him to be. maybe igniting sasuke's anger was part of his plan so he could gain his redemption. he wanted to be punished for betraying his clan and he chose his poor innocent brother to do it. sasuke was a nice kid, itachi needed to destroy him so he could be strong enough to kill him. he wanted to make sure that sasuke blamed him, hated him so he would come after him. that's not a selfless act in my opinion. it's just that kishi portrayed itachi as the loving brother who sacrificed everything for sasuke. and this is where he fails. this chapter didn't do much to help that either. all i can say is, this uchiha brotherly love is pretty screwed up! it gives a whole new meaning to the term tough love.

Quote:
So quite frankly, I don't find it convincing that Sasuke and Naruto's friendship is deep enough that Naruto would be the only one who can set Sasuke on the right path, putting aside all his anguish. And, even if Naruto has that ability, why wouldn't Itachi also be able to do so? It just feels horribly contrived, just to make Naruto the ultimate hero.
agreed! contrived indeed! just like how naruto considers sasuke his first bond. what the hell happened to iruka then? personally, i could not understand naruto's attachment to sasuke, nor do i think that sasuke considered naruto a close enough friend who could influence him if we are to think about it in a realistic way. if there's anyone who could change sasuke's thinking it would be itachi himself, no one else.
Old 2012-03-01, 05:27   Link #59
HasuMasu
*Artist

I somewhat agree with what a certain fellow mentioned a page before, Sasuke didn't annoy me even a bit in this chapter.

What sorcery is this...
Old 2012-03-01, 07:54   Link #60
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Itachi is on crack. Even I don't know what the fuck he is talking about.
Hahah, same. I don't even think Itachi knows anymore...
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion