AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-22, 18:37   Link #81
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm
EDIT: i want to clarify also for earlier post... i was not asking where to dl a file or if anyone had it... but because animesuki doesn't track raws, i find it difficult sometimes to find raws... i thought the name of the raw provider might help me, that's all
Problem is, it turns out to be exactly the same, doesn't it?
So you really shouldn't ask for anything, even raw providers name. I'm not sure, though, maybe one of the mods will post here to answer. Indeed what's forbidden is to give links, and to ask for raws. But then, "yeah, you can find the raw at xxx" is exactly the same, so...

Anyways, I enjoyed the zombies very much as well.

Oh, and about those mistakes.

Women with their hair down : Right, though I didn't even notice.
Kneeling : I don't agree. I'd really need to check that up. I'm almost sure a knight would kneel too. Maybe not a woman, but...
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 20:36   Link #82
kuromitsu

Even if they did kneel (and in that period men, even knights were more likely to bow and scrape in presence of royalty), they wouldn't kneel in a typical Japanese fashion. ^^;;

But as I said, these are just nitpicks.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 20:50   Link #83
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Ok, you seem confident about what you're saying.

You're not the only one who noticed the kneeling so I suppose I'm the ignorant one here. My apologies.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 10:32   Link #84
a-chan
*ZZZzzzzzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu
Even if they did kneel (and in that period men, even knights were more likely to bow and scrape in presence of royalty), they wouldn't kneel in a typical Japanese fashion. ^^;;

But as I said, these are just nitpicks.
Oo I speak as a french here...
At the time we speaking, Knights kneeled AND bow their head in front of the king (and usually they just bow at royalties and aristocrates). As we see in the anime, they have one knee down and the other is flexed (? well I don't know the term but you got the idea!) And they also bow their head until the king speaks. If he reminds silent, you bow your head in sign of soumission until he starts talking. A this period, the king was a representant of God on earth so...^^
And for the women, they curtseyed as we see.

So for me, they didn't make any mistake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuromitsu
Like, there are so many women with their hair down... no sign of wigs...
For the hair, the fashion is pretty respected...Young women didn't wear a wig, and older's as the queen could wear a wig (with grey hair, charming XD) or a complicated hairstyle with their "own". Same thing for men.ANd wigs are only for nobles. Knights didn't wear them or in rare occasion as bals...

And in the anime, the king has a wig (he has long grey hair as you can see), and other nobles behind him too. Eon and his companion as a young knights "use their own hair" on a ponytail which is very commun of this period.

So for me, here too, no remarquable mistakes... On the other hand, historically speaking, "les 4 mousquetaires" and Louis XV, not exactly the same period XD
a-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 14:56   Link #85
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Freaking huge. That's a HD one , right? It must be nice to have that type of setup.

So is there an OP in ep. 1? What's the incentive to see this ep. now if you saw it last month? Did they add some stuff to this version of ep. 1?

No OP. Yes it's huge. Of course it is HD and it seriously bums my CPU to play it. As per forum rules I can't discuss how to get it etc. You can chance your luck talking to me on Rizon mind ;p
Old 2006-08-27, 03:23   Link #86
wao
OK.

I just watched the raw of ep 2...

...My Japanese is absolutely insufficient I'm not willing to relisten to it many times over and over again to get all the details cos I'm too lazy, I guess (and I have better things to do, gasp). So I let most of the details fly over my head and just watched the thing happen. Well, I guess things are moving on and it's worth watching on for now, though we'll see how long this keeps up.

One obvious thing when watching the show is that they must have spent a lot of $$$ on this. The camerawork improved from last episode, but so did the animation. In the sense that the drawings are very detailed and accurate... Did the animation directors KILL themselves? But there is smooth movement as well. I wouldn't call it interesting animation or really good ones because the movements themselves weren't all that well planned out, but it still all looks really pretty and the is what people would normally expect from IG.

(...Oh. And D'Eon is hot. There, I said it...)

The OP is well... average, I don't really remember the song, and there's a lot of 3DCG in it. It's not entirely bad but finally there's Norio Matsumoto (It's a Furuhashi work; Matsumoto's almost always in there somewhere).

Now there isn't much of a choice because there's not much 2D animation in it, but my preliminary (and prolly very wrong) guess is the bit with Lia and the fountain. Or maybe D'eon with that terribly angsty clutching.

My one problem so far is that the show doesn't pay as much attention as I would expect to details in terms of sound and continuity. The sound design so far has been pretty much crap, IMO - the voiceacting is good enough but IMO there's still way too little background noise and noises don't continue when the camera is merely focused on someone else in the same scene. The cafe scene was a good example... While D'Eon and kiddo were talking there wasn't even the sound of the other people in the cafe or whisperings or what (which should've been the case considering they were all staring at him later).

As for continuity I guess my biggest nitpick is the end of episode 2.
Spoiler:

I know it's just nitpicking and a lot of anime do much worse things, but I guess I just have higher expectations of the show.

Now I'll just lazily sit here and hope somebody explains what went on and what the details of the conversatiosn were, or I'll just wait for a sub perhaps..

And there's a lot of mysteries left... Things could get interesting soon.
Old 2006-08-27, 05:45   Link #87
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i don't know about that... they're supernatural gargoyle zombies... maybe they just appeared.... ;p

i thought the sword fight were really great... i especially liked seeing the fight between Durand and Teillegory from the first person perspective of each man... as someone who knows a lot about swordplay, IG did a really accurate job...

i'm really looking forward to this series now... i'm glad it will last after blood+ finishes because i will have withdrawal from lack of blood

i thought the OP was decent... had nice animation... song was so so... i like the ED a lot though... it's nice to be told who each character is - name and face...
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 06:10   Link #88
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm
i thought the OP was decent... had nice animation... song was so so... i like the ED a lot though... it's nice to be told who each character is - name and face...
That ED was a life-saver! Watching the preview episode all those weeks ago meant that by the time I watched ep. 2 yesterday I had absolutely no clue who most of the characters were any more...

My Japanese failed me mostly, too, but lots of stuff happened and there were people hitting each other and ZOMBIES (well, gargoyles), so it was all good.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 19:36   Link #89
mog08

i've watched ep1 with french subs, ep2 RAW. very beautifully animated. but my jap sucks, french sucks even more. Can someone who understood most of it messege me about what "NQM" they are talking about?
mog08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 20:31   Link #90
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mog08
i've watched ep1 with french subs, ep2 RAW. very beautifully animated. but my jap sucks, french sucks even more. Can someone who understood most of it messege me about what "NQM" they are talking about?
hmmm? i'll use spoiler tags just to be safe, though i don't really have a good answer.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-29, 16:25   Link #91
Aniki Meiski

NQM, Homme Optare, what was written on the sword all here

http://anikimeiski.blogspot.com/2006...1-preview.html
Aniki Meiski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 19:33   Link #92
lommm
l'homme de lommm

thank you Aniki Meiski!!! you are always a savior, be it here or for Ergo Proxy!!!

Everyone check out the Chevalier merch available already:
http://www.chevalier.tv/goods.html

the red written on the shirts, "Sit nomen Domini benedictum," means "Blessed be the name of the Lord."

That's what is written on his sword. I researched and found it to be part of a Latin Prayer that is often used by Bishops instead of a priestly blessing.

Henri 1V (1589-1610) the first Bourbon King, had new coins minted for France. These coins had Sit nomen Domini benedictum on them. (for a picture of the coins, see here: http://home.eckerd.edu/~oberhot/fh4bg.jpg). All of the Bourbon kings up to Louis XVI has this on their coins. Louis XV, the king during the anime, had it, too. (pic of his coins here: http://home.eckerd.edu/~oberhot/fl15dixbg.jpg)
- and for more details of the Bourbon coins, should you care, go here: http://home.eckerd.edu/~oberhot/froybour.htm
Old 2006-08-30, 03:54   Link #93
ntsan

Well there is a bit of humour near the end of EP2 which is quite funny (boosting who's antique is older and so)

And it's getting more interesting as more stuff to be uncovered ..for next ep
ntsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 06:26   Link #94
lommm
l'homme de lommm

http://www.studylight.org/dic/hbd/view.cgi?number=T6394

that page has a good and thorough explanation of the NQM root/term

it's basically divine punishment, revenge, or deliverance

it can also be used for real world punishment of a wrong done to a person or community
Old 2006-08-31, 09:01   Link #95
HyperHikari

erm.. im sorry if i cant ask this here, ignore it if so. but who is subbing this anime? ive been looking everywhere for episode 02. (cldnt find anything by AnY who did epi 01). this anime seems so interesting.
HyperHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 16:14   Link #96
ntsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperHikari
erm.. im sorry if i cant ask this here, ignore it if so. but who is subbing this anime? ive been looking everywhere for episode 02. (cldnt find anything by AnY who did epi 01). this anime seems so interesting.
AnimeYuki is subbing this, the first ep is done by them also

Ep2 only have chinese sub atm.. english one may take a while
ntsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 16:45   Link #97
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperHikari
Although episode 1 aired over two months ago, the second episode aired less than a week ago. Please be patient.

Successive episodes will air at a rate of 1 per week, but the first episode was early as a sort of promotion.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 19:58   Link #98
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i've been working on the wiki page for Chevalier.

if anyone has anything to add, please do.

i almost made an episode list page, but i didn't put a summary of ep 02 yet. i was waiting to see if Aniki Meiski would blog summarize it first.

series page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Chevalier_D%27Eon

episode list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...27Eon_episodes
Old 2006-09-02, 03:08   Link #99
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Thank you. That wiki page is linked on AnimeSuki.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 21:11   Link #100
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Screencaps for episode 03

i thought it was a great ep. this series is getting better by the minute.

Spoiler:

Tags
historical, supernatural