AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: What position do you sleep in?
On my stomach 60 32.61%
On my back 67 36.41%
Right side 90 48.91%
Left side 68 36.96%
Others (Please specify) 27 14.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-07-23, 23:14   Link #121
Lio
Presence

^ lol

On my back when I'm completely relaxed and could just drift into nothingness.

On the sides when I'm either emotionally vulnerable or just want more comfort.
Lio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 00:27   Link #122
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

One side or the other, dictated by whichever orientation has me facing the wall. I just don't feel comfortable facing an open room when I go to sleep.

As far as what position I'm in after I actually fall asleep... well, that's anybody's bet, really. It usually changes a lot since I have very graphically violent dreams almost every night. I woke up a few years back to discover that I had been sleeping sitting upright with my hands out like I was strangling someone.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 00:42   Link #123
Raiga
tl;dr

Wait, this was multiple choice? Oh, well I probably should have selected back and left, but I voted back.

I dunno, it depends. I turn around a lot, but I think if I'm not on my back I'm usually facing left (the wall's on that side, I dunno, I guess I feel more secure looking at the wall? )

EDIT: Well will you look at the post right above mine. I suppose it's another one of those "I thought I was the only one who did that!" things.
Old 2009-07-24, 06:22   Link #124
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Well I have never known what position I sleep in, but I can just about sleep in any (including standing up or standing at attention with eyes wide open).

I guess for most people it would be random, depending on level of tiredness, environment, etc. I have seen someone falling asleep while manning a observation post outfield back in the army, on his rifle aiming down the ironsights.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 08:39   Link #125
stubby42

From what I can tell I thrash around in my sleep, on several ocasions I've started the night with my head on the pillow (at the end of the bed I normally have it) and woken up the next day with my head at the opposite end of the bed. Sometimes my covers stop being covers and get used as a pillow.

I get the feeling that it would be pretty hard work to sleep in a bed with me, my partner would have to be very forgiving.
stubby42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 08:42   Link #126
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
What a strange topic.

I have a tendency of sleeping on my right side and looking out the window. Otherwise it's on my back.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 10:03   Link #127
velvet nightmare

i sleep on the side of the pillow which is cooler (since it's summer) rofl

well, basically i start on the right, if it gets too hot, i swap to left lol

never on stomach, just feels like im stretching my muscles just for sleep
Old 2009-07-25, 19:05   Link #128
klowny
OH NO

I like sleeping on my stomach but sometimes my arm in under my stomach and it feels like someone cut it off when i wake up
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 19:51   Link #129
Hanime
"Everyone, the shiniga-"

Send a message via MSN to Hanime
I hate sleeping on my stomach; bleurgh! It's actually so uncomfortable.
I found something really strange out the other day about sleeping. Apparently, the recovery position is the most comfortable position to lie in, and you spend 80% of your sleep in it.
Hanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 21:49   Link #130
FateAnomaly

And what is the recovery position?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 22:08   Link #131
Woopzilla
Desensitized

I always fall asleep lying on my stomach, any other position just makes me restless. Also, I hate sleeping on soft matresses, cannot get comfy on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
And what is the recovery position?
It's lying on your side. The recovery position is used in first aid. Since most sites will just give hotlinking errors I'll leave it for you to google.
Old 2009-08-05, 02:50   Link #132
Kylaran
A Priori Impossibility

I have to have one or both arms lifted over my head in order to sleep, be it on either side so I'm resting my head against my arm (which is hooked under the pillow), or on my back so my arm is hanging around my head.

It sucked because I always slept in class with resting my head on my hands, and my hand would be sticking straight up in the air...
Kylaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 03:37   Link #133
npcomplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
I always fall asleep lying on my stomach, any other position just makes me restless. Also, I hate sleeping on soft matresses, cannot get comfy on them.
I like resting on my stomach too. I also sleep on the floor which was the best decision I ever made after trying a variety of mattresses including the uber-expensive tempurpedic (it works as they claim, but turns out to be bad for me). Except that I can't remain asleep on my stomach else I'd end up with my pillow and sheets soaked in drool

So I end up mostly sleeping on my back and alternating between right and left side. I guess the answer is "all of the above". The important factor for me though is sleeping on the floor. If I'm traveling, I try to sleep on the floor with a blanket folded up for the bedding. If there's not enough space I can tolerate stiffer mattresses, but like you I can't get comfortable on the softer mattresses.
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 03:54   Link #134
FateAnomaly

Soft mattressses are not good for me either. They give me back problems. Thats why i changed to a hard one and now my back don't hurt anymore.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 11:40   Link #135
Temari of Suna
Desert Lily

Send a message via MSN to Temari of Suna Send a message via Yahoo to Temari of Suna
I like sleeping on my sides. Both right and left. It's how I'm most comfortable. I normally just, switch back and forth during the night.
Temari of Suna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 02:22   Link #136
calorie

Usually it's on my stomach, though I do find myself falling asleep on my back when I am really exhausted or after a big dinner.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 05:51   Link #137
Clarste
Human

I voted for all of them because it varies.

When I'm really sleepy I find lying on my back to be best. I also tend to wake up like this and fall back asleep without moving when I can oversleep on weekends.

If I'm not quite as tired but need to sleep anyway, I usually roll back and forth between left and right. It's much more comfortable, but I actually find it hard to fall asleep like this for some reason.

If I really need to go to sleep for whatever reason, I roll onto my belly and put my arms under my pillow. It gets me to sleep better, but I usually wake up in the middle of the night with my arms asleep, so I save it for emergencies. Also, I used to sleep like this in High School (without the pillow obviously).
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 15:49   Link #138
Fate21
Kiyu~

Rare on my left side. I heard it's not good, because you're giving more burden to your heart.
Fate21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 16:02   Link #139
Blood

Last edited by Blood; 2016-11-21 at 14:45.
Blood is offline   Reply With Quote