AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-05-23, 00:10   Link #81
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Whoever design this take on Devastator must have taken a leaf from the '04 TF anime.
heh, makes me wana see the anime version.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 10:27   Link #82
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
p.s hope Starscream gets a bigger role this time around
I don't know why Starscream is so popular but unfortunately he doesn't really

Watched the movie yesterday at my local IMAX (first time there so wohoo O.O) and left the movie feeling a bit disappointed that the story wasn't up to scratch. There were just too many plotholes and crazy illogical stuff happening that dampened the mood quite a bit for a story lover like me. But I half expected that this would happen so it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. It was a shame that Megatron was so much more powered down compared to the first move (or Optimus suddenly became godlike) and so it lost the sense of an overwhelming evil presence. Still the action was what I loved about this movie and it delivered bucket loads of brick shitting. If you love things blowing up then this is the movie for you guys ^^'

6.5/10

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 11:30   Link #83
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

I didn't like the first one, so I don't intend on watching this one. If it focused more on the robots I might of liked it more. Doesn't help that I hate Michael Bay's view that special effects= plot.
ACSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 14:36   Link #84
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LOL, I’ve been going at it with people on TF-sites for days over what I know will be yet another disappointing addition to the franchise (critically ofcourse)…Starscream is also my favorite character, but the way Bay has turned him into the robot version of leatherface, I’m almost happy I won’t have to see him tortured any further…Well after he’s tortured further I guess…
Old 2009-06-23, 16:42   Link #85
Oppius
Banned

Spoiler for A little spoiler...:
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 16:58   Link #86
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Then perhaps I should rephrase my question :-

What do you expect from a good adaption of a live action TF if you think Bay isn't up to the job for the mass ignorant public ?
You know, I usually always disagreeing with WING, but, ever since the first once was announced he already had the bad feeling Bay was going to do his stunt, and to some degree Transformer 1 is a good movie to entertain yourself for 2 hours. But there is where Bay problem begins. If you have seen one movie of Michale Bay, you have seem them all, same dramatic effects, camera work, action sequences, cliché quotes….Heck whoever saw Transformers 1 and Bad Boys 2, should had noticed there is an Action sequence that looked they were copy pasted!!

My expectations are the same for the new movie, hopefully going to see the movie tomorrow, but I’m only doing because of two things A) The Effects B) Devastator…….ermmmm. C) Megan Fox (ok tree reasons)

Now, Wing, I think I liked better Bad Boys 1 than The Rock, Back Then Will Smith was Funny as Hell, Martin Lawrence was as his best…and Tea Leoni looked so dam hot in that movie it some times makes me sad she hasn’t looked that good in any movie she made after that.
Old 2009-06-23, 17:23   Link #87
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

@Rurik - What’s funny is that Bad Boys 1 and The Rock are my favorite 2 Bay movies (I used that term lightly btw)…In the Rock (which was Bay’s first movie) it was reported that Jerry Bruckheimer didn’t let him do $hit, but film…Like he didn’t get much say over things as they were shepherding him in….So The Rock wound up pretty good…Bad Boys 1 was mired in financial uncertainty and Bay didn’t have even close to enuff money to do what he wanted so he had Will and Martin just improv basically the whole movie and that one turned out surprisingly good (We see in the horror that is Bad Boys 2 what would have happened if Bay had the money)…

Overall, as much as most of his movies suck (With Pearl Harbor and Armagedden being a special slice of hell), I didn’t really hate the guy or nothing until he got handed source material I truly loved (I mean I can watch a hack-action movie every once and a while)…Then as you all know he di$$ed the concerned fanbase repeatedly, put flames on Prime, face-raped Starscream, so on and so forth…I expect nothing to change about this tool of a human as long as we keep supporting his films…He's stated that he's burned out on TF and probably won't do a part 3...Let's pray he's not just egging the haters on just to murder us yet again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymcee View Post
I'm really excited to watch this. I heard it's not as good as the first, but how often is a sequel ever as good as the original? Trying to go in with normal expectations..
... I can't come up with anything more to say than 3- pause-dots to that...
Old 2009-06-23, 17:31   Link #88
Gordy Lechance

Gotta go exercise first so can't talk too much, but for now...

Biggest mistake concerning Starscream
Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-23, 17:38   Link #89
Oppius
Banned

Spoiler for Regarding Starscream...:
Old 2009-06-23, 23:44   Link #90
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

I feel sorry for my brothers. They really wanna watch this as in they're dying to but it's PG-13 here

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 00:57   Link #91
Tiberium Wolf

Review: 'Transformers' lands with giant thud

Look this article from CNN about the movie and Michael Bay.
Old 2009-06-24, 01:13   Link #92
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

^Sounds like something my dad would like.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 07:11   Link #93
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post

lol CNN is dead to me now... wait when have they not have been?

The movie was awesome, and Wheelie dry humping Foxx was funny as hell. CNN are losers, I bet they would rather watch the last airbender.

Even the Critics on yahoo prove once again that they also suck. 10 bad reviews Vs 400+ Reviews addng up to a A-

I admit, there was a bit too much Humor and Useless ARmy clips. But all that aside it was great.
Old 2009-06-24, 07:25   Link #94
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post

Critics loves to hate a Summer blockbuster. But the general populance will flock to see them no matter what the experts might say. Howelse will you explain a 71% rise in Box office takings from TF1 in the UK and 13% rise from TF1 in Japan ?

Watch the critics exasperate as TF2 crush fellow competitors in first week earnings for '09.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 07:29   Link #95
KimmyChan

This 2nd Transformers movie comes out sometime over the next week or so here in the UK

I wouldn't mind seeing it one day, just need to find the time to watch the first on DVD though
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 07:33   Link #96
Oppius
Banned

I hate to say this but I think it just a 150-minutes of US Army commercial to me. I bet Egyptian Army alone was enough to defeat all Decepticons but this one completely ignored by the movie.
Old 2009-06-24, 07:33   Link #97
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
This 2nd Transformers movie comes out sometime over the next week or so here in the UK
Where have you been ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 08:28   Link #98
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Spoiler for A little spoiler...:
WTH?! Micheal Bay is either a racist or has a sarcastic humor.
Old 2009-06-24, 08:37   Link #99
KimmyChan

Quote:
Oh darn it, you're so right there! It's already out! D'uuuuhhh! Stoopid me!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 09:47   Link #100
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ It was out in the UK since the 19th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Even the Critics on yahoo prove once again that they also suck. 10 bad reviews Vs 400+ Reviews addng up to a A-
Oh come on...as if you are trying to say quantity beats quality as a general statement.
Quote:
Critics loves to hate a Summer blockbuster. But the general populance will flock to see them no matter what the experts might say. Howelse will you explain a 71% rise in Box office takings from TF1 in the UK and 13% rise from TF1 in Japan ?

Watch the critics exasperate as TF2 crush fellow competitors in first week earnings for '09.
It's like the trainwreck'ed effect. People know that it may not be as good as expected yet they don't want to miss out on the "what's going to be talked about" topic of the summer. Plus there are promises of fireworks :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote