AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-22, 21:14   Link #61
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Again not seeing why that promo pic is bad or even expressionless.
It's a simple image of Misaki with a smiley face which I know the manga has them as well with the same expression.
Usui is pretty much the how he is the manga, maybe "little more dopey" could be applied in his case but I certainly don't see it with Misaki.

Guess thats all a matter of taste, I'm pretty less refined than most people when it comes to art.

Altho the PV does give off that "comedy" more than "romance" thing.
Old 2010-01-27, 05:13   Link #62
Mentar
Banned

*shrug*

No idea about the J.C.Staff hate. We had the same thing with Hayate no Gotoku: Even though the J.C.Staff version was definitely much closer to the Manga than the SynergySP version, people were still complaining. At the same time, KyoAni animation is lauded into the heavens no matter how horrible some art looks objectively (I only say "fingers").

I'm pretty happy about it, because with J.C.Staff we can expect a proper conversion and very clean and consistent artwork. Particularly when it comes to drawing backgrounds, I'd list them as second to none at the moment. And I thought that the necessary simplification of the anime models compared to the manga went pretty well with the promos.

So, Bonta-kun, you're not alone ... I'm very much looking forward to it, too.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 22:54   Link #63
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I have high hopes for this. I just had a look at the manga, which seems good. The director did Les Miserables and Di Gi Charat. The writer did Umishou, Regios, and one of my favorite shoujo anime, Hanasakeru Seishounen. And the cast looks good, starring Fujimura Ayumi (Mafuyu in Qwesar) and Okamoto Nobuhiko (Layfon in Regios).

I thought from the title that it was another ecchi comedy. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but imagine my delight when I find it's actually more shoujo.

As for the animation, I agree that the character design looks a bit more generic than the manga, but that's normal. And I usually find J. C. Staff quite dependable. However, I have particularly liked the way KyoAni does hands and fingers sometimes, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 23:02   Link #64
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I thought from the title that it was another ecchi comedy. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but imagine my delight when I find it's actually more shoujo.
Well it is a shoujo manga after all.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 23:10   Link #65
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Well it is a shoujo manga after all.
That's exactly what I didn't know until I looked for it and found it was a Hana to Yume comic.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-03-08, 05:17   Link #66
Mentar
Banned

Imagine a cross between Kare Kano and Special A, and you're getting pretty close.

The female lead resembles KK's Yukino in many aspects, while the male lead is very close to Special A's Takishima. What makes things very enjoyable is though that while Misaki (the female lead) is supposed to hate boys, she isn't thick as a brick in matters of her heart (like Special A's Hikari was), and Usui (the male lead) is pretty good at getting under her skin (and vice versa). From the aspect of gradual romantic development, an exemplary show.

Strong start, a slightly lackluster middle, and then really beginning to kick off in the latest characters.

Very much looking forward to it
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 11:16   Link #67
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Good news for Animax-Asia viewers! Kaichou wa Maid-sama! will be airing on Animax on the same week of the Japanese airing!

Source

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2010-03-16 at 16:45.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 13:58   Link #68
Katapan
俺様祭り

We're exactly one week away from the premiere, and as expected, a 30-second CM showed today with Ookami Kakushi's finale.

Fujimura Ayumi and Okamoto Nobuhiko sound great. So great that I feel like I won't regret the cast change. And I love these colorful school uniforms a lot. I'm obviously looking forward to next week now.
Old 2010-03-25, 17:26   Link #69
Midonin
Last Engage

The OP is "My Secret" by Saaya Mizuno
The ED is "Yokan" by heidi
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 17:41   Link #70
kanon78
Confederate

KWMS promo streamed at the Tokyo Anime Fair 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G07DT...layer_embedded

(credits to bugackt from livejournal and Vampire-Alice from KWMS fanclub)
Old 2010-04-01, 18:24   Link #71
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 1: that. was. great. I liked everything about it: character design, backgrounds, visual jokes, characters, story, pacing of the plot, voices. And the ED.

Fujimura Ayumi has never exactly been my favorite, and I still don't really like the timbre of her voice, but it worked for me here. And Okamoto Nobuhiko is a good match for her. The supporting cast is studded with stars: here come the very characteristic voices of Hanazawa Kana and Kobayashi Yuu as classmates, as well as Asumi Kana, Kawasumi Ayako, Toyosaki Aki....
Old 2010-04-01, 19:22   Link #72
hoofy

My fears were put to rest ... phew.

Although ... I would have been just as happy if the ED was for the full duration of the episode.

I really enjoyed Suzuna and her interaction with Misaki
hoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 21:03   Link #73
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 04:03   Link #74
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I just seen the ep1 raw.
Spoiler for ep1 raw:

Here's the OP & ED.

Old 2010-04-02, 07:19   Link #75
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

The first episode is exactly what I expected, enjoyable yet average in every department. The manga wasn't amazing anyway, just something nice to read.

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Old 2010-04-02, 16:06   Link #76
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Did I just watch an episode of 'Special A' with Maids?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 16:10   Link #77
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Did I just watch an episode of 'Special A' with Maids?
That's one way of looking at it.
Old 2010-04-02, 16:42   Link #78
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That's one way of looking at it.
Or how about Ouran Host Club? The premise reminded me a lot of OHC

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 17:14   Link #79
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

This was what I expected it to be. I read the manga(Its one of my favorites) and the anime didn't disappoint me. The animation, voice overs, etc was spot on for me. Looking forward to the next episode.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2010-04-02 at 19:05.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 17:38   Link #80
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Or how about Ouran Host Club? The premise reminded me a lot of OHC
No, it's no OHC, the girl there is the straight man, this one is definitely like Kazuki of Special A. Always trying to 1 up the guy, taking major offense. Long Black Hair. Poor... It's all special A.
I'd say it's Kare Kano except for the hair color.

And it's the JCStaff Vibe. OHC wasn't JC Staff right?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shoujo