Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2021-01-11, 15:10   Link #33861
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I am not saying cat was joking, I am saying whole skit was joke and Sparrow inn is only place where it's canon. It's not impossible future development will give it some proper context where it will make sense like with Marta punch, but it's pretty impossible take it seriously in any capacity until writers actually think of way to make it true.

As for Tamamo doing some unspecified "crimes". Sure I have no problem admit she could do "something" in India or "something" in China. But that doesn't tell us a anything about her as person neither now or in past.

And I am perfectly sure that Sieg didn't turn into 60kg Fafnir. Nor that Shapeless island is forever irradiated. Though both would be fun.
The part with the radiation was an actual joke . Although... It would explain how the killing stone could kill so many people... Just saying.

Her crimes are well enough documented if you go back to Daji's legend, who has been confirmed to be the very same person as Tamamo due to Vitch's reaction. Probably also if you go into indian myth, whatever her name there was.

Also note that a recent Losbelt might have actually created another contradiction in Tamamo's account, as she claimed to have erased her memories and didn't know she was a nine tails at all.
From what we know from Cosmic Eagle, she was very aware of being a Fox when you meet her.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 15:26   Link #33862
Tenzen12

"Well documented" is not very convincing when Type Moon history/myths and actual history/myths are almost always completely different. And given Heian Kyo is lostbelt, Tamamo there is either servant or person with significantly different personal experience. Cas-ko could be super malevolent at some point, but I don't feel there is enough to substance in that speculation. At least not for time being.

Also killing stone being result of radiation from Tamamo Nine creation... I like it. Well it would also mean each of them would be radioctive, given they started as, you know, tails. I like that idea too.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2021-01-11 at 15:37.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 16:39   Link #33863
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
"Well documented" is not very convincing when Type Moon history/myths and actual history/myths are almost always completely different. And given Heian Kyo is lostbelt, Tamamo there is either servant or person with significantly different personal experience. Cas-ko could be super malevolent at some point, but I don't feel there is enough to substance in that speculation. At least not for time being.
Why would Amaterasu lie though?
She appears to like Tamamo a lot more than she lets on. Actually going to the point that DaVinci leaving a note that's outright telling Amaterasu to cut that out when making a remark on a certain, OP skill.

As for the Losbelt, not necessarily, Losbelts have, until a certain point, the same history and only diverge there. In SIN, for example, the point of divergence is that Emperor Qin found a way to immortality and never died, leading to eventual stagnation.

That being said, getting close to an emperor and then plunge the entire empire into a chaos, or even cause it's collapse, also fits her modus operandi... So no real problem there... We also know that Tamamo was indeed Daji.

The alignment shown in her profile is also according to herself, and not a Servant stat as Ritsuka would see it.
Heck who knows if Ritsuka himself can even see it, since he isn't a proper mage and all the contracts are moreover funneled through Caldea's core.

I never said she doesn't regret things after having cut her tails either btw.

I also just checked a translated version of Amaterasu's scene, and she outright states Tamamo's crimes there. Note that she also still thinks of tamamo as evil.
And frankly, Amaterasu doesn't seem much nicer than Tamamo pre-tail cut.

That being said, they never outright state it's Amaterasu, so it could have been NineTails (i.e. past) Tamamo being upset with her future self too for becoming a Servant.
Which would make it only worse, because then Nine-Tails-Tamamo herself would admit to being the culprit.

Quote:
Also killing stone being result of radiation from Tamamo Nine creation... I like it. Well it would also mean each of them would be radioctive, given they started as, you know, tails. I like that idea too.
My joke was more along the lines of her having eaten too much, resulting in her collapse into a black hole. / Doing something wrong during her weight reduction and also collapsing into a black hole.

(New way to get Fate Tamamo to go on a dient found: "If you eat one more piece of cake, you'll start emitting Hawking Radiation!"

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-01-11, 16:48   Link #33864
Tenzen12

Well, Amaterasu testimony sounds more legit then offhand jokes and speculations. I have feeling this could convince me. So what exactly did she say and when?

Oh you meant star becoming black hole! Given our son can never happen one I didn't make connection and thought you mean some more obscure science I never heard of
Old 2021-01-11, 16:55   Link #33865
Homura7

It wouldn't be the first time Tamamo hides her true motivation behind her actions under a petty excuse because of her desire to keep it all for herself. And regardless of what she did in the past, what matters now is the present. And at present time Tamamo only aims to live a normal life.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 17:13   Link #33866
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Well, Amaterasu testimony sounds more legit then offhand jokes and speculations. I have feeling this could convince me. So what exactly did she say and when?
The scene is from Fate/Extra CCC, and after I saw the scene myself I'm no longer fully convinced it's actually really Amaterasu.

There isn't an official translation , and the version I just read leaves room for it being Tamamo herself, rather than Amaterasu.
She is also identified as "?????:" over the entire course of the conversation, so yeah could also be Nine-Tails-Tamamo being pissed with her future self.
The scene is pretty damning nevertheless.

Fun enough, that story ends with a second pair of Tamamo nine being brought into existence.

Quote:
Oh you meant star becoming black hole! Given our son can never happen one I didn't make connection and thought you mean some more obscure science I never heard of
Yeah, our sun is generally considered to be too small. I do remember having read an article about another sun considered several times too small having become a black hole a few years ago though. That sun was still ways bigger than Sol though.

That being said, if you had a magic way to compress Earth down to the size of a golf ball it would be a black hole too.

Old 2021-01-11, 17:57   Link #33867
Tenzen12

I am officially convinced. That scene sound legit. Original Tamamo was certainly "evil" and ruined few countries after getting betrayed by humans. That said one thing is even more obvious after watching that scene, cutting tails has nothing to do with weight.

ED|IT: Big Foxie sounded lot like the best snek, so she has lot of adorable potential on her own if you ask me .

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2021-01-11 at 18:08.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 21:36   Link #33868
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
A final attempt at Muramasa with 6 tickets and 24 quartz. I get a 5 star alright. It was Artemis who is now NP3. GDI.
My streak of getting the New Years Servants is now broken.
Just gonna save for the Tsukihime collab which I feel will be this Spring. A collab before the release of the remake. If even Requiem can get a collab then anything is possible. A wishful thinking but hey, we got Muramasa and the Tsukihime remake. Anything can happen.
I'm thinking Proto this year, Tsukihime next and Strange Fake in 2023 (maybe 2 events since so many servants)

See what happens.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-12, 00:35   Link #33869
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
It's Tama. Even if it's an alt LB version, it's still Tamamo no Mae. But tbf, she's obviously grey area-ish yet not flat out malicious either. Guda only sees through to her true fox self that even Seimei could not penetrate due to their connection via the Chaldea Tama
Old 2021-01-12, 01:02   Link #33870
Tenzen12

I never said she isn't. I am just saying Lostbel Tamamo being aware of being fox does not not prove our timeline were too and just lied about it. She could remember it as result of divergence or given how important and powerful she can be, her becoming aware her nature sooner might be very reason divergence happened in first place.

Or again she might be servant in which case obviously she would remember it.
Old 2021-01-12, 04:15   Link #33871
GDB

Quote:
Well, Amaterasu testimony sounds more legit then offhand jokes
Jokes are the deepest lore.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-12, 04:31   Link #33872
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It's Tama. Even if it's an alt LB version, it's still Tamamo no Mae. But tbf, she's obviously grey area-ish yet not flat out malicious either. Guda only sees through to her true fox self that even Seimei could not penetrate due to their connection via the Chaldea Tama
Not that it means much, after they let her stay a fox in Shimosa but... Did they actually bother drawing the additional 8 tails?

Quote:
I am officially convinced. That scene sound legit. Original Tamamo was certainly "evil" and ruined few countries after getting betrayed by humans. That said one thing is even more obvious after watching that scene, cutting tails has nothing to do with weight.

ED|IT: Big Foxie sounded lot like the best snek, so she has lot of adorable potential on her own if you ask me .
Those are 8 different tails though, meaning at that points it's actually the Tamamo 17, so she also cut them off for an entirely different reason.

Since Tamamo is the topic anyway...
Which one to skill first after Fox Wedding: Malediction,Boundless Sunshine (Really Fate Amaterasu, cut it out ) or Morph?

Old 2021-01-12, 04:38   Link #33873
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Since Tamamo is the topic anyway...
Which one to skill first after Fox Wedding: Malediction,Boundless Sunshine (Really Fate Amaterasu, cut it out ) or Morph?
Fox Wedding (Arts Up) > NP Drain (NP dmg up to party) >>>> Def up

I don't remember their names other than Fox Wedding.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-12, 11:25   Link #33874
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Fox Wedding (Arts Up) > NP Drain (NP dmg up to party) >>>> Def up

I don't remember their names other than Fox Wedding.
Thanks. I want to try soloing Vitch with her in Summer, but not 100% sure if I can make the 10/10/10 until then

E: Morning roll on Jalter failed... Undecided whether I should do a second attempt today or wait till next time she is on banner up... Which would be in a few months during another detective story, apparently.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2021-01-13 at 02:10.
Old 2021-01-13, 03:44   Link #33875
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Damn, I just realized I'd forgotten to enter the Enma-tei event to get the points and QP. For several days.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-13, 07:12   Link #33876
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Damn, I just realized I'd forgotten to enter the Enma-tei event to get the points and QP. For several days.
Try to gather as much wood as you can to compensate. 1500 Wood, which you can get really easily, equals 5 million QP.... Actually writing this nvm... 5 runs on the QP mine and you have that too ><. Oh well....

Old 2021-01-13, 18:04   Link #33877
Rizare

Finally got lvl 10 on summer outfit from recent summer event so now I got all suits at lvl 10 and can use whatever I want without worrying about wasted XP. Now all that's left is to fail the final Muramasa rateup day.
Rizare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-13, 18:48   Link #33878
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Well it's official, I failed to summon Jalter. Hope I got more luck next time.

Old 2021-01-14, 00:52   Link #33879
cyberdemon

Skadi in a yukata... why didn’t they make that a costume for this event...
Old 2021-01-14, 04:01   Link #33880
Tenzen12

Managed get last CE. Given I started pretty late I didn't have lot of hope.

Also Skadi in Yukata wouldn't impress me. I would take Scathach in one though...

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon