Notices

Old 2010-01-11, 10:51   Link #401
kanon78
Confederate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Then here we go.

Spoiler for Chapter 19:

As to speculations. I wonder if Risa is stuttering this much because she is crying or maybe she has problems in speaking (as in articulation) and that is the main reason she avoids talking to Utsu. Seems like its the later to me.

And Yuki is acting strange... Why did she ask to give her time when she used to reject all guys in an instant before...
That was an awesome summary ! It feels like I read chapter 19 myself.
And Ustumi is finally realising something I wanted to happen since chapter 1 when
Spoiler for spoiler chapter 19:

I really like the way Yuki's past is coming closer to utsumi step by step, because after the
Spoiler for nice plot:
It feels like the approaching shade of dark clouds who take away the brightness of a sunny horizon when a storm is coming.

Last edited by kanon78; 2010-01-11 at 11:32.
kanon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 11:20   Link #402
Dark Mage

Quote:
Just because you are opening up does not mean you should toy with others feelings. If she knows she will reject him she should not say 'Give me time" and just answer truthfully. If she says give me time she already starts to think about that guy and relationship with him seriously, unless you are saying that Yuki is one of those "I should date/kiss/have sex to see if I like you" types. Sort of experimenting.

Well one thing for sure, she does not feel any warmer feelings than friendship to Utsu and is more likely to consider other guys before him, because Utsu is friend-zoned and is nowhere in ten miles radius from her love parameter. .
I agree with you, I think Yuki isnt that fickle minded and I think, she asked for more time, because she seriously does mean to consider his feelings and there's a big chance that she will accept them, otherwise she wouldn't have asked for more time unless, its like what Darknemo said, "I should date/kiss/have sex to see if I like you" type. Also, I totally agree, that Yuki is more likely to consider other guys before Utsumi as she doesnt see Utsumi as anything more than a friend. Its an irony, that Yuki actually opened up thanks to Utsumi and Utsumi is startiting to have feelings for her and she considers other guys. I must say, though, when Yuki said, she would try falling in love again, I thought she wouldn't be that desperate to try going out with a completely random guy. I mean, Shou atleast knew Keito from before but by the looks of it, Yuki doesnt even know the name of the guy
Old 2010-01-11, 11:25   Link #403
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

And i never mentioned she is that type of girl, just that she is considering having a relationship because she admired this guy for he was brave enough to confess, that was the sole thesis, nothing about yuki being a b**** ... geez how can I be so misunderstood? -.-
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 11:49   Link #404
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
And i never mentioned she is that type of girl, just that she is considering having a relationship because she admired this guy for he was brave enough to confess, that was the sole thesis, nothing about yuki being a b**** ... geez how can I be so misunderstood? -.-
Just because he was brave she is asking more time? I don't know, sounds fickle unless she really has some serious intentions there, otherwise she would be just stretching the gum while knowing she does not like him at all.

She does not strike me as experimenting girl who dates/has sex just to know if she likes the guy or not. So I don't think she would start experimenting just because she started to open up.

On the other hand, just because the guy had the courage it does not mean you should pretend to be considering while you do not really.

Otherwise it would make Yuki look like one of those shoujo heroines who when being directly confessed to always get confused and cannot give a straight answer and always end up 'considering' because at the moment the guy looked so cool and had the courage to say it...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 12:43   Link #405
kanon78
Confederate

Arrow don't read if you dislike spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I agree with you, I think Yuki isnt that fickle minded and I think, she asked for more time, because she seriously does mean to consider his feelings and there's a big chance that she will accept them, otherwise she wouldn't have asked for more time unless, its like what Darknemo said, "I should date/kiss/have sex to see if I like you" type. Also, I totally agree, that Yuki is more likely to consider other guys before Utsumi as she doesnt see Utsumi as anything more than a friend. Its an irony, that Yuki actually opened up thanks to Utsumi and Utsumi is startiting to have feelings for her and she considers other guys. I must say, though, when Yuki said, she would try falling in love again, I thought she wouldn't be that desperate to try going out with a completely random guy. I mean, Shou atleast knew Keito from before but by the looks of it, Yuki doesnt even know the name of the guy
Quote:
Just because he was brave she is asking more time? I don't know, sounds fickle unless she really has some serious intentions there, otherwise she would be just stretching the gum while knowing she does not like him at all.

She does not strike me as experimenting girl who dates/has sex just to know if she likes the guy or not. So I don't think she would start experimenting just because she started to open up.

On the other hand, just because the guy had the courage it does not mean you should pretend to be considering while you do not really.

Otherwise it would make Yuki look like one of those shoujo heroines who when being directly confessed to always get confused and cannot give a straight answer and always end up 'considering' because at the moment the guy looked so cool and had the courage to say it...
Well maybe it's just wishful thinking from me, but I don't think Yuki will go out with this guy or another guy besides Utsumi.
Due to Utsumi's influence she is willing to give love another chance instead of just relentlessly rejecting everybody who is confessing to her, because before she didn't believe anymore in the sincerity of a guy's love (towards her) after being betrayed in the past by her ex. Utsumi made her realize that she shouldn't be stuck in the (bitter) past and she also can&should look for a more brighter (=loving) future.
Couldn't that be the reason she didn't reject the guy this time, like she always used to do, when someone confessed to her? Yuki opening up to guys who ask her out/wanna hang out with her doesn't necessarily has to mean Utsumi won't be considered in the (near) future by Yuki as a love interest, forever sentenced to the sidelines watching Yuki date other guys. We could see at the end of chapter 18 when Eri asked Yuki about Utsumi and he only heard the first and not the last part. That last part at least hinted that Yuki is already looking at Utsumi differently.
Also I don't think that for Utsumi being in the friend zone is a handicap but more an advantage over other guys in winning over Yuki's hart. The story so far build up a solid relationship of trust&friendship between Yuki and Utsumi.
Just like Utsumi (slowly) realized what Yuki really is meaning for him since he got rejected by Shou, hanging out with Eri and seeing Yuki's unexpected reaction to the confession. I do believe the same is happening/will happen with Yuki. Hanging out with other guy(s) will only make Yuki think of Utsumi more in a better way, because she won't find the same pleasant interaction/sincerity she has with him and she will find out that her relationship with Ustumi is already far beyond friendship. Maybe something along the line of Shou crawling back to Utsumi will give Yuki the final push to realize what Utsumi really means to her.

*I wanted to use spoiler tags, but then my reply would look more like a crossword puzzle*

Last edited by kanon78; 2010-01-11 at 12:57.
kanon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 12:53   Link #406
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanon78 View Post
Well maybe it's just wishful thinking from me, but I don't think Yuki will go out with this guy or another guy besides Utsumi.
Due to Utsumi's influence she is willing to give love another chance instead of just rejecting everybody who is confessing to her, because before she didn't believe anymore in the sincerity of a guy's love (towards her) after being betrayed in the past by her ex. Utsumi made her realize that she shouldn't be stuck in the (bitter) past and she also can&should look for a more brighter (=loving) future.
Couldn't that be the reason she didn't reject the guy this time, like she always used to do, when someone confessed to her? Yuki opening up to guys who ask her out/wanna hang out with her doesn't necessarily has to mean Utsumi won't be considered in the (near) future by Yuki as a love interest, forever sentenced to the side lines watching Yuki date other guys. We could see at the end of chapter 18 when Eri asked Yuki about Utsumi and he only heard the first and not the last part. That last part at least hinted that Yuki is already looking at Utsumi differently.
Also I don't think that for Utsumi being in the friend zone is a handicap but more an advantage over other guys in winning over Yuki's hart. The story so far build up a solid relationship of trust&friendship between Yuki and Utsumi.
Just like Utsumi (slowly) realized what Yuki really is meaning for him since he got rejected by Shou, hanging out with Eri and seeing Yuki's unexpected reaction to the confession. I do believe the same is happening/will happen with Yuki. Hanging out with other guy(s) will only make Yuki think of Utsumi more in a better way, because she won't find the same pleasant interaction/sincerity she has with him and that her relationship with Ustumi is already more than friendship. Maybe something along the line of Shou crawling back to Utsumi will give Yuki the final push to realize what Utsumi really means to her.

*I wanted to use spoiler tags, but then my reply would look more like a crossword puzzle*
Not really. I am more imagining Yuki all grown up and with a pair of kids and good husband, drinking some coffee with Utsu who is a nice friend. He may understand her better than her husband would but it does not mean she loves him passionately.

Thats what is called friend-zone. Maybe in a platonic (in a modern meaning of the word) she would love him, but that will be it. She will be able to open her heart to him, but she may open her bedroom door for another for the same reason - the relationship is too dear to loose and eventually this too dear to loose becomes friends for ever, but never lovers.
Old 2010-01-11, 13:35   Link #407
Dark Mage

Quote:
Not really. I am more imagining Yuki all grown up and with a pair of kids and good husband, drinking some coffee with Utsu who is a nice friend. He may understand her better than her husband would but it does not mean she loves him passionately.

Thats what is called friend-zone. Maybe in a platonic (in a modern meaning of the word) she would love him, but that will be it. She will be able to open her heart to him, but she may open her bedroom door for another for the same reason - the relationship is too dear to loose and eventually this too dear to loose becomes friends for ever, but never lovers.
Heh, well said! vThats what being "Freind-Zoned" means. Once you are in that "zone" its very hard to get out of it. Girls do that to boys all the time, even in RL.

And Darknemo2000, the scenario that you just described, actually, happened in one of the Shoujo mangas I read, (one of the 3 Shoujo's I ever read) its called Kiss & Never Cry, the girl there didnt want to go out with her childhood friend because she was scared of losing his friendship so even though she does love him and opens her heart to him and even though he is a nice guy, she opens her bedroom door for another. LoL "Friend-Zone" is a very delicate spot for men even in Real Life, know it from experience. LoL

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2010-01-11 at 22:41.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 13:38   Link #408
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:

Then why do you think she is asking for more time? You call it fickle, i call it undecisive... sometimes i have the feeling you just disagree for the sake of disagreeing so i'm going to answer very shortly due to getting tired: experimenting is just the wrong word, rather call it responsive to possible romantic devevopments for example and you get rid of your dysphemism... what's wrong with Yuki being indecisive? she may be a shonen heroine but she's also a highschool girl, just because you wouldn't like her being like that doesn't mean it should be disregarded if there's no proof otherwise, watch your subjectivity from time to time.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 13:54   Link #409
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Then why do you think she is asking for more time? You call it fickle, i call it undecisive... sometimes i have the feeling you just disagree for the sake of disagreeing so i'm going to answer very shortly due to getting tired: experimenting is just the wrong word, rather call it responsive to possible romantic devevopments for example and you get rid of your dysphemism... what's wrong with Yuki being indecisive? she may be a shonen heroine but she's also a highschool girl, just because you wouldn't like her being like that doesn't mean it should be disregarded if there's no proof otherwise, watch your subjectivity from time to time.
I am not saying that the shoujo girls are bad. I am just saying that the way they act are fickle and indecisive. They usually lack brains and ability to understand that the stretching the gum and playing with feelings eventually will hurt the both parties more.

In fact, a lot of shounen guys are like that too!

However, I did got impression that Yuki was more than that, but again maybe I am expecting too much and she is as shallow as most of shoujo heroines are (it is not necessarily a bad thing though) and becomes indecisive and weak against straight approach like 96% of other shoujo heroines.

Who knows, maybe after Utsu helps her to open up from a troubled character with complicated past she becomes a typical shoujo heroine with skin-deep character depth. It is not the development I would like personally, but I am not saying it is bad. Many people, many tastes and some would consider it to be a great development as from sad she becomes more genki even if she looses some brain cells in the process.
Old 2010-01-11, 15:16   Link #410
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

As any guy should know the Friend Zone is a terrible place to be.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 16:05   Link #411
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Yeah, I was in it myself.

Good friends turn into lovers in the manga's in real life its not that often - if you are friend-zoned then you most likely remain friend-zoned specially if you or the other part does not do anything drastic and as usually because no one wants to risk the friendship and the bond it remains as its is, until the life moves for us and then you notice that you or the other side already found a another person.

In my case friend-zone wasn't all that bad, simply because I wasn't even aware I had the feelings until she told me that she was going to get married. Well it started to hurt then but it was too late as she was deep in love and her lover was great guy anyway. I am still their friend and they have a cute daughter too. In fact she talks with me about more things than with her husband but again - friend does not mean lover. We have a similar spirits, but we are out of touch if you know what I mean.

Still, this is a real life, in manga friend-zoned has a relatively high percentage to turn into lover, but since GE is such an 'optimistic' manga, who knows, maybe the good ending will be with him being friend-zoned forever and they both learning from the experiences and just moving on.

Though more realistically would be Utsu killing himself. Way too much crap for a teenager to stay mentally stable.
Old 2010-01-11, 16:51   Link #412
Johnny
Working the bags...

I'm just wondering what sort of deep trauma this new girl is going to have. Can't seem to have a normal sort of type girl in this manga. Then again I have no idea what normal is though...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 23:20   Link #413
KLGChaos
The Shermain

As I've said, my biggest problem right now is that there's a ton of drama going on, with Utsumi constantly getting his nuts kicked in, and no breathing room in between. Most mangas have something happen, but then something good happens to help counteract it, or you get some filler chapters for the characters to relax and settle down. In this manga, it's just constant. He gets beat down and then before he even has a chance to get back up, he gets hit again and again. It's to the point that it's very hard to hold hope that anything great will happen to him. And instead of fighting through bad stuff for something good to happen, the manga seems to be taking the opposite route. It builds up to good stuff happening, but then turns around and throws something bad in Utsumi's direction while he just put on a fake smile and shrugs it off. He's going to snap eventually. If he doesn't, I call foul on the part of the mangaka, because no man has that much patience.

Yes, he may end up getting a good ending, but as I said in another forum, I don't want to read 100+ depressing chapters of Utsumi constantly depressed and stressed out (like you could tell he is in latest chapter) before something good actually happens to him. It's liking taking a car ride from NY to Florida without rest stop, with metal seats and no shocks on the car. Yeah, you'll have fun when you get there, but the ride down is going to be joyless and painful.
Old 2010-01-12, 04:20   Link #414
Arturro

About bad things happening to Utsumi - aren't you overreacting? He has no luck in love. Was he crippled or seriously ill? No. Someone dear to him died? No. Was his family turn to a group of beggars? No. Was he raped? Again no. Nothing really bad happened to him so far. He is just unlucky in love, it's painful but it's nothing serious. I'm aware some teenagers are committing suicide because of such reason, but it's because of their mental instability not because it was something terrible. Darwin Awards for them.
Utsumi is a nice guy, so he is destined to be unlucky in love. Nice guys win their love only in shounen manga Because GE turned into seinen manga, I have a little doubts that both girls will choose bad guys over him.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 04:49   Link #415
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
About bad things happening to Utsumi - aren't you overreacting? He has no luck in love. Was he crippled or seriously ill? No. Someone dear to him died? No. Was his family turn to a group of beggars? No. Was he raped? Again no. Nothing really bad happened to him so far. He is just unlucky in love, it's painful but it's nothing serious. I'm aware some teenagers are committing suicide because of such reason, but it's because of their mental instability not because it was something terrible. Darwin Awards for them.
Utsumi is a nice guy, so he is destined to be unlucky in love. Nice guys win their love only in shounen manga Because GE turned into seinen manga, I have a little doubts that both girls will choose bad guys over him.
Well look at it like this - his marks at school has fallen, (I can guess at home there are a lot of shouting about that unless his parents do not care about his future) he works at a place where he only gets more stressed or injured (burned in the latest chapter), his love is going out with another guy and tells him about it only when he catches them, then he sees a physical proof that she moved with that guy on physical level as well, having sex or at very least passionate kissing that ends up with hickeys, his other female friend has a tragic past that she is not willing to share, has a cousin who puts Utsu down, and though he develops the feelings for this female friend, she says that she thinks of him only as friend and to support that even starts to move on and is considering going out with a guy she does not even know the name off... He has an insensitive friend who simply does not understand and cannot read him at all, so no help from buddy at all - in fact he only makes things worse. And of course Utsu's own depressing thoughts that he dewlls into a lot as well.

It may be not as bad dying but it is very close. I don't think it is overreaction. If there would be breaks between all these sad, bad events then yeah - its not that bad, but since there is none and they keep happening one after another, I do see suicide as quite realistic conclusion to the stuff.

Its way too depressing, even for a grown up man it would be tough, and he is still a teen so even more likely to act upon that.
Old 2010-01-12, 07:08   Link #416
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Though girls tend to keep 2 type of friends, the 1st type they aren't attracted to so are strictly friends the 2nd type is the back up, when something goes wrong with the current relationship or are just single for too long they come knocking on your door. These days type 2 seems to happen a lot more.

As for Utsumi he just needs a change of pace. Needs new friends to hang with preferably guy friends and find a hobby and realize love isn't everything in this world and man up so he's ready for a normal relationship. I'd love for a romance lead to think like that since in real life no one is that affected by love(ok some are I have friend who's been in a one sided love with the same girl for 7 years, but at least he still knew how to have fun). He should stop bothering with people with all that baggage.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 07:54   Link #417
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Though girls tend to keep 2 type of friends, the 1st type they aren't attracted to so are strictly friends the 2nd type is the back up, when something goes wrong with the current relationship or are just single for too long they come knocking on your door. These days type 2 seems to happen a lot more.

As for Utsumi he just needs a change of pace. Needs new friends to hang with preferably guy friends and find a hobby and realize love isn't everything in this world and man up so he's ready for a normal relationship. I'd love for a romance lead to think like that since in real life no one is that affected by love(ok some are I have friend who's been in a one sided love with the same girl for 7 years, but at least he still knew how to have fun). He should stop bothering with people with all that baggage.
A good post but I have to say that teens tend to get effected by the love a lot, so it does happen in real life.

On the other hand your post made me realize one terrible thing.

Utsu does not have any real friends.

You may say then who made all that co-study thing, but again those guys are friendly but hardly real friends you can talk about anything.

I mean Utsu's playboy guy-friend is so distant that he is hardly a friend at all.

His monkey friend is just an insensitive wannabe friend, who cannt even read the most simple Utsu's reaction. He seems to be the type that can give you a lot of rumours and with whom you can talk about girls legs and their boobs, but he is hardly a friend when it comes to personal matters. He can help you when you need a porno magazine, but he won't help when you need a friend to rely on and to help you carry on.

Yuki is the closest he has from them being to a friend, but she has been the reason he has been suffering lately, so he cannot talk with her about all that stress he gets lately.

Eri, is another very close to being a friend, but she seems to be getting bit distant lately and seems to become a bit more sensitive the monkey type of friend - organizing some stuff, spreading rumours, being genki but not really someone close to you person to person.

There may be a lot of hardships but good friend help with tha, yet Utsu does not seem to have those friend which makes his situation even more miserable.
Old 2010-01-12, 08:06   Link #418
Arturro

Quote:
It may be not as bad dying but it is very close. I don't think it is overreaction. If there would be breaks between all these sad, bad events then yeah - its not that bad, but since there is none and they keep happening one after another, I do see suicide as quite realistic conclusion to the stuff.

Its way too depressing, even for a grown up man it would be tough, and he is still a teen so even more likely to act upon that.
If so, me and most of my highschool classmates should commited suicide long time ago. Due to some circumstances I was going to a little special high school, being both elite school and at the same time - school where kids from dregs of society were goinin. It was 8 grades elementary school and 4 grades of high school system.
In 9th grade in my class was 5 girls and 6 boys. It included:
A beatifull and really smart girl. Her mother was a nurse and a part time whore. When she was in 9th grade her mother introduced her into her "part time job". It was a girl I had a crush. I don't know what happened with her father, she always refused to speak about him.
Another smart girl, again her mother was a nurse, her situation was better - her mother was just a part time slut, and her mother didn't forced her to sell her body. She was just forced to see her mother with different lovers coming to their home. Again - I don't know what happened to her father.
Third girl was molested by her father, she was lucky, when her mother find about it, she divorced him. She became a nymphomaniac later (but not slut).
Last two girl were lucky - just unrequited love, school problems etc. One was forced to see as her beloved break with her just to go out with nymphomaniac one.
Lets talk about boys:
First was forced to see as a group of burglars are killing his father.
Second was from broken family, he himself went the wrong way (drugs, alcohol).
Third - his mother was an egoistical bitch, and girl he loved liked telling him how good in bed is her boyfriend (other guy of course), but he was considered as a lucky one.
Forth - son od principal, forced by his father to be a sportsment although he has no conditions for it. His father had a romance with wife of viceprincipal, almost everyone in school knew about it... To add - viceprincipal son was his friend... His girlfriend break with him, lost her virginity with another guy, and hook up with him again.
Fifth - another one considered lucky, he was just unpopular because he was fat and weak.
I don't want to talk about my circumstances...
In my class Utsumi would be considered as a lucky one guy without real problems.
As far as I know everybody in my class graduated at least from a college, have good jobs, some of them have childrens already.

Old 2010-01-12, 08:27   Link #419
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
If so, me and most of my highschool classmates should commited suicide long time ago. Due to some circumstances I was going to a little special high school, being both elite school and at the same time - school where kids from dregs of society were goinin. It was 8 grades elementary school and 4 grades of high school system.
In 9th grade in my class was 5 girls and 6 boys. It included:
A beatifull and really smart girl. Her mother was a nurse and a part time whore. When she was in 9th grade her mother introduced her into her "part time job". It was a girl I had a crush. I don't know what happened with her father, she always refused to speak about him.
Another smart girl, again her mother was a nurse, her situation was better - her mother was just a part time slut, and her mother didn't forced her to sell her body. She was just forced to see her mother with different lovers coming to their home. Again - I don't know what happened to her father.
Third girl was molested by her father, she was lucky, when her mother find about it, she divorced him. She became a nymphomaniac later (but not slut).
Last two girl were lucky - just unrequited love, school problems etc. One was forced to see as her beloved break with her just to go out with nymphomaniac one.
Lets talk about boys:
First was forced to see as a group of burglars are killing his father.
Second was from broken family, he himself went the wrong way (drugs, alcohol).
Third - his mother was an egoistical bitch, and girl he loved liked telling him how good in bed is her boyfriend (other guy of course), but he was considered as a lucky one.
Forth - son od principal, forced by his father to be a sportsment although he has no conditions for it. His father had a romance with wife of viceprincipal, almost everyone in school knew about it... To add - viceprincipal son was his friend... His girlfriend break with him, lost her virginity with another guy, and hook up with him again.
Fifth - another one considered lucky, he was just unpopular because he was fat and weak.
I don't want to talk about my circumstances...
In my class Utsumi would be considered as a lucky one guy without real problems.
As far as I know everybody in my class graduated at least from a college, have good jobs, some of them have childrens already.
But did they had such strings of trauma's day after day?

It seems like one or two traumatic events, but not a real day-by-day happening to me, so it is natural to overcome it.

Heck even in GE Yuki seemed to overcome hers though still struggles to live a normal life.

If you like at Utsu's problems one by one they are not that big, but the problem is that they come one after another without giving him any break and such continuity breaks even grown up man because you fall in depression, end up a cynical or as teens tend to do - start cutting or even attempting a suicide.

You just listed one or few traumatic events but people are able to deal with those, specially when you are not being hit day-by-day and have good friends at your side.

But in Utsu's case one bad event follows another in daily basis, he does not have any break at all, and even if those events one by one are not nearly as traumatic as you mentioned the string can break anyone down specially when you do not have friends to hand out and help you with that.

I had my own bad events (one is similar to the first of the guy's you listed just that burglars did not kill my father just beat him down a lot there were lost of blood on the floor and on the bed though, and then beat me too and made him watch, though I was 11 year old. I lost two teeths in a process too) but I survived it, because though traumatic you do not have a string of misfortunes.

It is not one or two big traumatic events that make you suicide, its the string of smaller ones that keeps on sinking you on a regular basis that can really break you down and go for suicide.

And thats what Utsu is getting right now.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-01-12 at 08:39.
Old 2010-01-12, 08:43   Link #420
Arturro

Quote:
But did they had such strings of trauma's day after day?
[...]
It is not one or two traumatic events that make you suicide, its the tring of smaller ones that keeps on sinking you on a regular basis that can really break you down and go for suicide.

And thats what Utsu is getting right now.
For some of us bad things were happening maybe not everyday, but almost every week. You're right about one thing - good friends could support you even if youre in dark, deep pit. Most of us were relly close as a friends - and it helped a lot.

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi