AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-ON! The Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-30, 10:52   Link #81
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Just would like to point out that this wasn't really a serious write-up XD Actually, if KyoAni leaves us on a cliffhanger, I will rage on them for making me wait yet again^.^
dude i will rage with you with the power or over 9000 suns in my fist

and fly to japan and visit the HQ of Kyoto animations and punch em and then leave and be happy about it hahaha
Old 2010-09-30, 17:44   Link #82
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

In my opinion, the movie is very unlikely to show HTT at university, or the future or Budokan. Why? Well this is a film adaptation of Kyoani's most mainstreajm anime to date. Unlike the Disappearance movie, I'm sure Kyoani will want to attract new fans and target a more mainstream demographic with this film. Meaning they'll probaly play it safe.

Also, if they made a film of the girls in university, we wont see them in their high school uniform. Think logically, would they make a K-On film that doesn't have the girls in their uniforms? That doesn't have them in the Keionbu? The girls in their uniform is how they're marketed and always will be. (Why would Yui wear anything else other than her uniform in the trailer?)

So the film will probably either be a recap or an original story covered sometime during their 2nd or more likely their 3rd year in high school. If we're getting an original story, it'll probably be an one off story that doesn't affect the TV series storyline in the vein of Doraemon or Crayon ShinChan movies, and probably without supernatural elements.

If its a recap then maybe we might get to see that Budokan; maybe they'll give us a recap in the first part of the movie and the rest of the movie starts to describe their post high school life. Either way; the girls have got to be in their uniform at some point in the movie.

But I'm sure the movie should be fine. We know Kyoani doesn't troll when it comes to K-On(Thank god its not from Kadokawa media). They did very well with season 2 when it comes to adapting original materials. But we also know that Kyoani is not exactly the best when they have to come up with original materials themselves(think Munto, etc) so hopefully Kakifly will be involved in the creative directions of the movie.
Old 2010-09-30, 18:48   Link #83
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
K-ON, a rockumentary, anyone? That is pretty much one of the best ways to incorporate past episode clips.
Old 2010-10-01, 07:07   Link #84
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I wonder if people will freak out in hatred if KyoAni decided to go with a drama thing (like that episode in season one when Mio started to get fed up with Ritsu's antics)
Old 2010-10-01, 07:11   Link #85
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I'd be stunned...=|

It'll be like expecting the unexpected.
Old 2010-10-01, 07:31   Link #86
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
I wonder if people will freak out in hatred if KyoAni decided to go with a drama thing (like that episode in season one when Mio started to get fed up with Ritsu's antics)
Hey, I actually like that episode. lol Of course, I like K-On for a whole different reason from you fellows.

No, I think any drama that further develops character is good drama. Seeing how S2 totally deviated from the style of S1, maybe the movie would bring a brand new style that would be continued onto S3, and then another new style in S4, etc.

Last edited by WBoon; 2010-10-01 at 08:05.
Old 2010-10-01, 09:00   Link #87
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
I really wouldn't mind drama so long as its done well. The Azusa episodes during the second the second season? Good. That sudden swerves (Ep. 9, 11, 13)in the first season? Bad.
Old 2010-10-01, 09:11   Link #88
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Well I can think up of a situation where they apply for a nation wide amateur band contest where the finals take place at Budokan.
Well here is an extension of my idea for a movie scenario;

During spring break before they move up to 12th grade, HTT participates in a regional preliminaries for the national amateur band concert in the summer at Budokan.
They were close but only made it to second place and was not selected for the finals.
Their third year at high school begins they go to the summer music festival. On their return trip back Mugi mutters out that they could have preformed on stage like what they saw at Budokan if she didn't miss a cord and starts to cry, Azusa trys to cheer her up but she also starts weeping saying it was her fault not being able to play more lively and then all of the girls starts weeping.
Sawa-chan just stares out the window reminiscing her youthful days when a phone call comes in telling her that HTT is moved up as finalist at Budokan due to a sudden cancel by the selected band.
Now it is a race against time, they only have a week to practice to prepare for their live performance and for Sawa-chan to stitch up five new stage costumes for the girls.
Sawa-chan also contacts the school body president Nodoka-chan so she can gather up school mates to cheer for the band at Budokan.
At school they practice all day and night not wanting to make the same mistake twice.
Nodoka-chan and class mates heads for Tokyo with Sawa-chan as Chaperon by bus a head of the band to secure seats while the band practice till the the last minute. Time has come and they board on to a mini van driven by Sawa-chan's band mate and heads for Tokyo but the road is jammed packed by seasonal travelers and they are losing precious time.
Mugi suddenly tells Sawa-chan's friend to get off the highway and head for the harbor and then she takes out her cell phone and starts to make a call.
At Budokan a nervous Sawa-chan waits for the band to arrive since they only have only minutes to prepare when she sees two helicopters coming down for a landing.
The member steps out of the helicopters making a grandiose entrance as Ritsu takes off her sunglasses stating sorry to be late to a stunned Sawa-chan when Mio slaps her head saying we don't have time to show off and the five runs for the stage, and their live performance in front of a huge audience starts.
After their performance the scene changes and it's a new school year and Ui, Jun and Azusa prepares for their stage to solicit new members with flyers showing the original members performing on Budokan.

The end
Old 2010-10-01, 16:16   Link #89
Kayahtic

Really excited for this, can't wait to see what they have in store.
Old 2010-10-02, 02:44   Link #90
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

The storyline by Takotsuboya would be great for a movie. Drama, drama, drama.
Old 2010-10-02, 03:01   Link #91
Rhythm

Wow if not for this thread I would have never known. Can't wait for it! I expect nothing short of awesomeness. ^_^
Old 2010-10-02, 14:48   Link #92
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

I have funny felling at the end of this move, there gonaa bust out SEASON 3 COMEING SOON, possible but unlikely.
Old 2010-10-02, 15:11   Link #93
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
In my opinion, the movie is very unlikely to show HTT at university, or the future or Budokan. Why? Well this is a film adaptation of Kyoani's most mainstreajm anime to date. Unlike the Disappearance movie, I'm sure Kyoani will want to attract new fans and target a more mainstream demographic with this film. Meaning they'll probaly play it safe.
On the other hand - if they don't do new material for the movie, then how can they justify another round of HTT singles, OSTs, band scores and character albums?
Old 2010-10-02, 16:25   Link #94
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
I have funny felling at the end of this move, there gonaa bust out SEASON 3 COMEING SOON, possible but unlikely.
I doubt they would. Would send too many people to the hospital from heart attacks.
Old 2010-10-02, 19:26   Link #95
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Well, if it's billed as "K-On the Movie!", then it will be a rehash with even better animation. K-On being a reference to a HS club. If its called "HTT the Movie!", being a reference to the BAND, then anything goes.
Old 2010-10-02, 19:36   Link #96
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Well, if it's billed as "K-On the Movie!", then it will be a rehash with even better animation. K-On being a reference to a HS club. If its called "HTT the Movie!", being a reference to the BAND, then anything goes.
Weeeell, you know, "K-On!" is the brand name, so to speak. They'll have that in the title no matter what it's about.
Old 2010-10-02, 20:56   Link #97
Tri-ring

K-on or "軽音" in Japanese means "light music" which equals to "Easy listening music" in western terminology.
It was the name of the club they belonged to and there are for sure a club in college they are going to attend with the same name.

College version sound interesting since they are going to an all female college creating the same formula as high school.
Old 2010-10-03, 02:46   Link #98
D-Gold
Aurum

I cant wait k-on moeness movie style^-^
Old 2010-10-03, 04:01   Link #99
Ezilled

Will it be like "Rebuild of K-ON! 1 out of 4", the continuation prior to the ending aka college days, a road tour just like Kira Kira, or perhaps a recap added with new features and alike?

No one will ever know, but I, for one, new light music songs are always welcome!

This time, an en grande tea and cakes in movie form, anyone?
Old 2010-10-03, 04:22   Link #100
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Wow.....they're really pushing it with a movie huh? Well more power to them 'cause I definitely want to see this.

Tags
comedy, slice of life