AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-11-29, 12:59   Link #901
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
What if Relena went Lacus Clyne?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
I CAN'T HANDLE RELENA GOING DOWN THAT LOW.
LACUS CLYNE - I'M SORRY, I HAVE TO SAY THIS. SHE IS NO WHERE NEAR RELENA. AND SHE WILL NEVER GET THERE.

While I find her painfully unreal, dull and plastic, I was indifferent towards her in SEED. But after SEED Destiny, I...

Relena going Lacus - it's a sin.
You know, while watching SEED I always thought of some characters as mellowed out versions of the Wing cast. (haven't seen other series yet )

Lacus Clyne? At first she was a little ditzy but when she got serious and played the 'I'm a memorial delegation representative, don't you dare fight here' card, that was pretty cool. She actually reminded me of Relena there. And let's not forget she screwed over Zala by giving the Freedom to Kira. And then she screwed him over some more by gtfo of PLANTs and taking the Eternal with her. The girl had her cool moments

But I agree, she's nowhere near as badass as Relena. Both their dads were killed. What did Lacus do? Cry in Kira's arms. After she escapes with a freaking warship. What did Relena do? Cry first then try to put a bullet through Une's chest. See the difference? Plus, Relena is just the better badass pacifist.

Talking about badass, I once encountered a person who didn't like Quatre but loved Kira. Umm, how does that work? Quatre is the badass version of Kira. Less whining, more butt kicking.

Anyway. If Relena went Lacus... commanding a battleship and stuff... could happen. She looks to have Lightning Queen downloaded into her brain, after all xD

In case you were referring to the one in Destiny though, who probably didn't know herself what she spouting half the time, I can only say that I wholeheartedly agree with Operation Mythos. KILL IT WITH FIRE, HEERO! Or silver bullets, whatever works.

EDIT: Also agreed on animating Episode Zero. The only glimpse of it we ever got was in EW showing little No-Name in his MS with the cross around his neck. Why did they choose this novel to reanimate the AC universe again?

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2010-11-29 at 14:12.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 14:38   Link #902
gundamnedgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
GOD NO.

I CAN'T HANDLE RELENA GOING DOWN THAT LOW.
LACUS CLYNE - I'M SORRY, I HAVE TO SAY THIS. SHE IS NO WHERE NEAR RELENA. AND SHE WILL NEVER GET THERE.

While I find her painfully unreal, dull and plastic, I was indifferent towards her in SEED. But after SEED Destiny, I... I will stop right there. I don't want arguments. But yes, I had to say that.
keep going. i love it. lacus clyne is... ugh! FUGLY. i hate her. that's all im sayin. have a nice day, everybody. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
gundamnedgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 17:08   Link #903
Tobi_Uchiha
Tobi is a Good Boy!

I really hope heero does not kill relena, otherwise everything i've ever enjoyed about gundam wing will be for nothing. just last week i finally bought the remasterd dvd boxset, and have remembered why i enjoyed it so much, i first watched it years ago when it was being screened on toonami. but back on subject if heero does take relena's life or if she willingly surrenders her life for him (like she always offers) then Katsuyuki Sumisawa has really no class or sympathy for all heero/relena supporters.
and even if theres still no definete answer for them if they both walk away alive i'd still be satisfied cause they know each other well enough not to say they care/love for one another, cause they have that invisible bond.
Tobi_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 17:49   Link #904
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi_Uchiha View Post
I really hope heero does not kill relena, otherwise everything i've ever enjoyed about gundam wing will be for nothing. just last week i finally bought the remasterd dvd boxset, and have remembered why i enjoyed it so much, i first watched it years ago when it was being screened on toonami. but back on subject if heero does take relena's life or if she willingly surrenders her life for him (like she always offers) then Katsuyuki Sumisawa has really no class or sympathy for all heero/relena supporters.
and even if theres still no definete answer for them if they both walk away alive i'd still be satisfied cause they know each other well enough not to say they care/love for one another, cause they have that invisible bond.
I've been meaning to buy the remastered DVD box-set myself so may I ask where you bought it and how you're finding it? Is there a dubbed feature? Are there any other cool features or extras that come with it?
Old 2010-11-29, 18:02   Link #905
wingzerosnuggles

Contents of G-SELECTION Gundam Wing box set:

http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/1521648.html
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 18:06   Link #906
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Contents of G-SELECTION Gundam Wing box set:

http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/1521648.html
Note, though, that that's a different boxset that was JUST released in Japan. That one is available on play-asia as Region 2 only for $360 and includes cel filmstrips and a mini technical guide/artbook (The Duo nendoroid is NOT included, that's digitally edited in by the artist this blog belongs to... I only wish they made GW nendo's :c )

Here's the specs for the Remastered boxset: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Gundam_...stered_Edition
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 18:12   Link #907
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Aha... so Zechs and Heero have met before?

Who's next? Treize and Wu Fei? *sigh*
MichaelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 18:15   Link #908
Tobi_Uchiha
Tobi is a Good Boy!

I bought it from HMV as a 2 part boxset and both of them were £30 each the video quality is pretty much the same though I've saved myself some money cause the old indivual versions are rare and pricey on amazon and the high streets, apparaently it contains karaoke of the opening and ending with trailers of other related works.
but the added contontents are just japanese dubbed synopsis of the next episode that was never shown in the first edition releases (or so the features claims) and the japanese version had an endless waltz remasterd edtion included but was never released in the UK or USA.

given my verdict

Presentation 8/10
Features 4/10
Price 7/10
Entertainment 10/10

Overall Opinion 8/10

thought the videos may not be as remasted as the title suggests but it still left me feeling okay since i've been trying now for a long time to get a hold of the complete episodes, hope that helps please let me know if theres anything else you need to know.
Tobi_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 18:26   Link #909
Samiia

Hello! I'm new to these forums, but I've been stalking this thread for a while so I thought I'd make an account haha :] I've been out of the loop for quite some time, since I thought for certain that Gundam W was done and over with. I started watching it when I was 13-14, and gave up searching for updates and sequels when I was probably 16 or 17. Well, for one reason or another, my now TWENTY ONE year old self decided to Google Gundam Wing just for the heck of it, and the search results almost made my brain explode. I'm pretty excited, and am even more excited that people are still interested in the series

I am also a little confused. My understanding of the story is fine until they start mentioning the files being downloaded into Heero and Relena's brains. Apparently, Treize was downloaded into Heero, and Zech's into Relena.

My question is: Do Heero and Relena know that other people's memories were downloaded into them, as well as their own? Or are they under the impression that Treize and Zech's memories are actually their own? Or maybe this still has yet to be answered lol.

Samiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 18:28   Link #910
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Note, though, that that's a different boxset that was JUST released in Japan. That one is available on play-asia as Region 2 only for $360 and includes cel filmstrips and a mini technical guide/artbook (The Duo nendoroid is NOT included, that's digitally edited in by the artist this blog belongs to... I only wish they made GW nendo's :c )

Here's the specs for the Remastered boxset: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Gundam_...stered_Edition
That's the one I was referring to.

Quote:
I bought it from HMV as a 2 part boxset and both of them were £30 each the video quality is pretty much the same though I've saved myself some money cause the old indivual versions are rare and pricey on amazon and the high streets, apparaently it contains karaoke of the opening and ending with trailers of other related works.
but the added contontents are just japanese dubbed synopsis of the next episode that was never shown in the first edition releases (or so the features claims) and the japanese version had an endless waltz remasterd edtion included but was never released in the UK or USA.

given my verdict

Presentation 8/10
Features 4/10
Price 7/10
Entertainment 10/10

Overall Opinion 8/10

thought the videos may not be as remasted as the title suggests but it still left me feeling okay since i've been trying now for a long time to get a hold of the complete episodes, hope that helps please let me know if theres anything else you need to know.
Sounds cool. I thought you were referring to the remastered boxset Kitsoru noted but the ones you have sounds pretty good too.

EDIT: *facepalm

You were referring to the one Kitsoru was talking about. If not this Christmas, I definitely want to get it at some point next year.
Old 2010-11-29, 18:41   Link #911
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiia View Post
I am also a little confused. My understanding of the story is fine until they start mentioning the files being downloaded into Heero and Relena's brains. Apparently, Treize was downloaded into Heero, and Zech's into Relena.

My question is: Do Heero and Relena know that other people's memories were downloaded into them, as well as their own? Or are they under the impression that Treize and Zech's memories are actually their own? Or maybe this still has yet to be answered lol.

That's seeming to be the case, yes.

As for your question- we don't know yet. All we have to go on so far for this new info/chapter are some brief translations of Japanese blogs talking about the chapter. The chapter itself, we don't actually have a firsthand account summary or translation of yet.

--

Welp, I went ahead and got myself a sub to Gundam Ace. It'll hopefully get to me starting with the February issue, so MichaelKnight or wzs or someone'll have to take care of December and January, but I'll be able to scan any issues henceforth at least until the summer (note, I have Winter break for late December through almost all of the month of January so it's possible that either of the February and/or March issues I won't get around to scanning until February when I return to school, which is where I'm having the issues shipped to).
Old 2010-11-29, 18:49   Link #912
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:

As for your question- we don't know yet. All we have to go on so far for this new info/chapter are some brief translations of Japanese blogs talking about the chapter. The chapter itself, we don't actually have a firsthand account summary or translation of yet.

--

Welp, I went ahead and got myself a sub to Gundam Ace. It'll hopefully get to me starting with the February issue, so MichaelKnight or wzs or someone'll have to take care of December and January, but I'll be able to scan any issues henceforth at least until the summer (note, I have Winter break for late December through almost all of the month of January so it's possible that either of the February and/or March issues I won't get around to scanning until February when I return to school, which is where I'm having the issues shipped to).
You're my hero.
Old 2010-11-29, 18:57   Link #913
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Good stuff Kitsoru.
Old 2010-11-29, 19:27   Link #914
Samiia

Quote:

Thanks Kitsoru :] I'm so interested to see where this is going...though it will irk me a little if Heero and Relena are not the same person anymore. I truly don't believe that normal Heero is capable, but artificial-memory Heero is a different story. Maybe Relena will try to kill Heero? Who knows. This is coming from a person who thought that Relena had already died during the beginning of FT

I'd hate to see that. But if that's the case, I will wait until this novel is finished before I make any judgements, even if it takes forever with all this backstory (which is interesting, but I wish there was a little more plot. It's unravelling painfully slow, IMHO!)
Samiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 19:34   Link #915
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiia View Post
even if it takes forever with all this backstory (which is interesting, but I wish there was a little more plot. It's unravelling painfully slow, IMHO!)
Agreed.. I can only assume that as a compiled novel it won't feel nearly as poorly paced as it feels to us, but... As a monthly serialization it's killer. x.x
Old 2010-11-29, 19:39   Link #916
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
As a monthly serialization it's killer. x.x
Oh god I know. Monthly serializations are horrible at times, especially when they end with cliffhangers.
Old 2010-11-29, 20:16   Link #917
Mistalya

Quote:

I totally agree with this there's no damn way he can kill her. If he ever was forced to he'd shoot himself right after like he implied in the EW manga.

"I'll be right behind you."

I just....I don't want to see them like get married or whatever...I just want to see them happily stalk each other for the rest of their lives. Maybe toss in a few lemons in with my pipe-dream..

Edit: You know....this is totally gonna have a Romeo and Juilet type ending. Calling it here. >.>

Last edited by Mistalya; 2010-11-29 at 20:19. Reason: Afterthought
Mistalya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 20:44   Link #918
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistalya View Post
I just....I don't want to see them like get married
I'm not sure if I got what you meant by that but I think I agree...?

Seeing those two get together and find happiness and live normal lives is a dream I gave up a long time ago. I don't ask for it to happen anymore. I just feel really sorry for those two. Seriously, what they've gone through was just mad. They were kids! Anyway, like I said I don't wish/hope for it to happen anymore. The least I ask is for them not to end tragically in each other's hands.

I like how the series and EW ended happily. So they didn't kiss or anything, but at least they were alive and well and you see them thinking of each other. That's good enough for me.
Old 2010-11-29, 21:58   Link #919
Kitsoru

Stargazer Lilly posted lowres images of the Chapter four art!

https://sites.google.com/site/macchafrap/ft4pics

Heero is meeting Van in the 4th image, looks like, not Zechs. Gonna place my bet right now that I was right about Heero being the one to kill him and Kyrie.

As for the 3rd one... haha, we're trying to figure out who the hell that is, Seis or Odin. She says the text seems to be indicating to her that it's Odin so far, despite it looking absolutely nothing like how he appeared in Ep 0-- but I guess we'll see 6.6;
Old 2010-11-29, 22:08   Link #920
Mistalya

Quote:
Stargazer Lilly posted lowres images of the Chapter four art!

https://sites.google.com/site/macchafrap/ft4pics

Heero is meeting Van in the 4th image, looks like, not Zechs. Gonna place my bet right now that I was right about Heero being the one to kill him and Kyrie.

As for the 3rd one... haha, we're trying to figure out who the hell that is, Seis or Odin. She says the text seems to be indicating to her that it's Odin so far, despite it looking absolutely nothing like how he appeared in Ep 0-- but I guess we'll see 6.6;
**SQUEE**!!!!

THEY FINALLY GAVE HEERO NEW CLOTHES!!

I kid. ^^;; But I'm really digging that first image. I think I'm just gonna sit and stare and...

Why is he teaching that poor baby to shoot a gun?? Poor Heero..
Mistalya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing