AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 26.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 34.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-23, 14:40   Link #101
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
I'm a bit annoyed by the fact that they went to great length to joke about bananas at every corner but failed to give any explanation or clue about the first appearance of a Cherubim Soldier from last serie.

Is that a new abductor? who cares there's banana milk! BA-NA-NAS!!!

You can have the bananas, but you can't have the solar wings. We certainly can't have decent writing.
I guess the Cherubium Soldiers are making another frontal attack while they rise again?
Old 2012-04-23, 14:50   Link #102
hai_san

Ofc i watch Aquarion because of it perfect dramatic suspenseful story, beautiful animation, gar mecha fight, rich developed characters ... no cancel the last i ONLY watch because of the "rich developed" characters meaning only because of MIX AND ZESSICA!!!
Old 2012-04-23, 15:46   Link #103
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
I loved that part when Zessica pointed out that Mikono's and Amata's "love" isn't mutual.
Except that never happened; it's only an interpretation of what some people thinks it 'really' means, when all she actually said was that she'll still love Amata despite not having her feelings returned -_-
Old 2012-04-23, 15:57   Link #104
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Except that never happened; it's only an interpretation of what some people thinks it 'really' means, when all she actually said was that she'll still love Amata despite not having her feelings returned -_-
Amata rejected me, but that's okay.
If love ripens, Aquarion goes nuts, you know.

This pretty much says that what Amata and Mikono have is something that you can't call love or it's not a mutual love(onesided, in this case it would be from Amata).
Old 2012-04-23, 16:01   Link #105
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Amata rejected me, but that's okay.
If love ripens, Aquarion goes nuts, you know.

This pretty much says that what Amata and Mikono has is something that you can't call love or it's not a mutual love(onesided, in this case it would be Amata).

Well I guess if you bold it like that, then it must have a double meaning !

It's still an interpretation and not what she actually said, and if we start interpreting everything in whichever way we want, then where does it end?
Old 2012-04-23, 16:12   Link #106
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
The bold line is important. If she were simply saying, as you said:
Quote:
She'll still love Amata despite not having her feelings returned.
Then the line is needless and serves no purpose. She could just as easily and simply said:
Quote:
He rejected me but, you know, I'm still going to keep loving him even if he doesn't look back at me.
In context of what mutual love means in this show, and with her saying the line and Mikono's reaction, it seems to be more poignant than you're giving it credit.

Its not like its something that comes out of nowhere either, Mikono and Amata have piloted the Aquarion quite a bit and diddly has happened, and many posters have made note of this in the past. And I think Mikono realizes it and that, now, Zessica is calling her out on it.
Old 2012-04-23, 16:12   Link #107
Slivius

Quote:
This pretty much says that what Amata and Mikono have is something that you can't call love or it's not a mutual love(onesided, in this case it would be from Amata).
Amata seems more obsessed than in love to me. Maybe because Mikono resembles his mother (if she really is his mother...) I think they used to like each other a lot in the first few episodes, but grew apart when Kagura showed up.
Old 2012-04-23, 16:18   Link #108
pingva

Quote:

It's still an interpretation and not what she actually said, and if we start interpreting everything in whichever way we want, then where does it end?
Oh, should notice Minoko's big scared face which even more reinforces this interpretation and the reason why Zessica isn't giving up.
Old 2012-04-23, 16:23   Link #109
Slivius

Quote:
Oh, should notice Minoko's big scared face which even more reinforces this interpretation and the reason why Zessica isn't giving up.
Maybe she realized she doesn't love Amata anymore?
Old 2012-04-23, 16:28   Link #110
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slivius View Post
Maybe she realized she doesn't love Amata anymore?
She just pointed out that what Amata and Mikono shares isn't love at least at this moment. I have no idea what Mikono feels to Amata, because I only see Amata struggling to be liked by her. Mikono herself doesn't do much in this relationship.
Old 2012-04-23, 16:30   Link #111
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
The bold line is important. If she were simply saying, as you said:

Then the line is needless and serves no purpose. She could just as easily and simply said:

In context of what mutual love means in this show, and with her saying the line and Mikono's reaction, it seems to be more poignant than you're giving it credit.
Circumstantial; She could simply be justifying the reason for continuing her love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Its not like its something that comes out of nowhere either, Mikono and Amata have piloted the Aquarion quite a bit and diddly has happened, and many posters have made note of this in the past. And I think Mikono realizes it and that, now, Zessica is calling her out on it.
It's not like going berserk was a goal that one should strive for -_- And clearly Zessica isn't proud of what she did so I can't see her using it to essentially rub it in Mikono's face like you said.

Well I won't pretend to know how it actually works, but if I take from episode 5- The 'in Love' in Aquarion is not a constant state that we think it is, but rather a 'level' that is to be achieved. Sort of like a jug that you pour water into. That 'In Love' berserk state is when everything spills everywhere, but it doesn't mean the jug didn't hold water when it doesn't spill.

So all you could say is their love hasn't reached power overwhelming while in Aquarion, but it doesn't mean it wasn't love.

Quote:
Her big scared face can be explained with just Zessica's sudden declaration of not giving up.

Circumstantial I know, but this whole thing is damn circumstantial...

Quote:
Amata seems more obsessed than in love to me. Maybe because Mikono resembles his mother (if she really is his mother...) I think they used to like each other a lot in the first few episodes, but grew apart when Kagura showed up.
You realized that almost everybody recognized Amata's mother as the actress in the movie but hardly anyone pointed that she looks like Mikono?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-04-23 at 17:15.
Old 2012-04-23, 16:35   Link #112
ZetaAEUG

The thing is, Mikono has never said that she loves Amata. She is always the one who's being pursued by both Kagura and Amata but hasn't sorted out her emotions and feelings yet. The only thing that shows that mikono has some sort of feelings for amata is the moments when she gets jealous and angry at him, but that just shows distrust in my opinion.

I'd say that Amata's feelings for her are actually infatuation and it's mostly one sided, same for kagura however it seems like mikono has more chemistry with kagura since her pet reflects her actual feelings.
Old 2012-04-23, 16:41   Link #113
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaAEUG View Post
The thing is, Mikono has never said that she loves Amata.
Unnecessary, We'll just interpret it like a boss

Quote:
The only thing that shows that mikono has some sort of feelings for amata is the moments when she gets jealous and angry at him, but that just shows distrust in my opinion.
Yes because people conveniently forgot about episodes like the movie one where they were were floating in the air.

Or that holely episode where they almost kissed.

Or that scene at the top of the tower where she said she doesn't want to forgot what Amata had said about them being destined to meet, and her armband was glowing like the sun.

Or pretty much every scene before Kagura appears.
Old 2012-04-23, 16:50   Link #114
Slivius

Quote:
Exactly! Kinda weird how it all just "reversed" xD
Old 2012-04-23, 16:51   Link #115
kuromitsu

Quote:
Unnecessary, We'll just interpret it like a boss

Yes because people conveniently forgot about episodes like the movie one where they were were floating in the air.

Or that holely episode where they almost kissed.

Or that scene at the top of the tower where she said she doesn't want to forgot what Amata had said about them being destined to meet, and her armband was glowing like the sun.

Ssh, you know that Amata just has a mother complex because Mikono totally looks like Alisia (TOTALLY, I SAY!!) and Mikono is just a bitch who enjoys Amata using her for his Issues, but will fall into Kagura's arms when her memories return. Liek, ttly. (Also, her armband was glowing red like... a very red sun. And it crackled and all. Maybe it wasn't enough to fully electrocute her but it happened. But we can interpret it as not being important at all! )

And let's take lines and interpret them out of context 'cause that's fun.

As for the actual episode, I cheered a little when the Cherubim appeared - I loved those things in Genesis. Also, bananas. In conclusion: bananas. And Zessica's lack of nipples, god I hope that's skin-color textile or something and not her actual boobs...

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-04-23 at 17:03.
Old 2012-04-23, 17:10   Link #116
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@kuromitsu
Erm, right Something like that

Quote:
Exactly! Kinda weird how it all just "reversed" xD
You mean like the mood ?
Old 2012-04-23, 17:25   Link #117
mayumi

U know wouldn't amata's one sided crush make evol go berserk as well? But it has never. So are amata's feelings just a puppy crush while zessica's are geniune real pure feelings. Amata and mikono have a lot to sort out regarding thierrelationship.
Old 2012-04-23, 17:28   Link #118
kuromitsu

Zessica's genuine real pure feelings didn't make Aquarion go berserk before, and it didn't do so in this episode either. But never mind that, it's obviously not imoprtant. ;;
Old 2012-04-23, 17:36   Link #119
mayumi

Well technically confessing in aquarion is a bad idea. However if u are a watcher of ova it is clear that no confession is really required just feelings have to be on same wavelength like apollonius-celiane or apollo-silvia. Amata and mikono have never been on same wavelength so far. heck you can take donar and his gf as a example if you want.
Old 2012-04-23, 17:36   Link #120
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
The thing is, Mikono has never said that she loves Amata. She is always the one who's being pursued by both Kagura and Amata but hasn't sorted out her emotions and feelings yet. The only thing that shows that mikono has some sort of feelings for amata is the moments when she gets jealous and angry at him, but that just shows distrust in my opinion.

I'd say that Amata's feelings for her are actually infatuation and it's mostly one sided, same for kagura however it seems like mikono has more chemistry with kagura since her pet reflects her actual feelings.

Well if you take Shu Shu's dislike of Amata into account I think it's more like he dislikes the side of Amata who isn't manly enough and the side that doesn't show enough guts to step up (kind of like a dog when you first introduce it your friends and family). I mean I've only seen Shu Shu react aggressively or rather protective of Mikono during the scenes where you'd think Amata is thinking (should I or should I not). The other times when he's apologised, or saving mikono or is in total gattai mode shu shu is actually quite tamed or doesn't even leave mikono's hair bun. Oh and personally I dont think he is comparing Mikono to his mother, I don't think he was from the start (well maybe subconsciously) I mean if he was do you honestly believe he would be seeing her as Sylvia now? Shouldn't he be seeing her as his mother? o.O

AND why do you reckon she has more chemistry with Kagura? (besides the fact he's so damn sexy!!) she has as much chemistry with Amata (even more!...don't get me started on those). I was getting a bit concerned with alot of people saying that Mikono doesn't love Amata as much as Zessica does (uh well you dont have to yell out to the whole world that you love the person...and it wouldn't be in Mikono's character to do something like that). Amata and Mikono's love is MUTUAL...they already blushing, stuttering, being all shy, holding hands etc..Even when she was with Kagura she was happy to see Amata had come to rescue her...Amata and Mikono just haven't confessed their feelings (then again neither did Sylvia or Apollo unless you call sharing a kiss a confession...which is cute but down right sneaky lol) oh and AMATA's love isn't infatuation...he fell in love with the girl at FIRST SIGHT!!!(when she was ballin her eyes out during the skies of aquaria movie!!)...he's fighting to be with her, protecting her, loving her even when she's thinking of another guy, even when another more sexier much more interesting girl confessed to him, even when he's indecisive about the whole destiny crap HE'S STILL LOVING HER...If Amata would have given up on Mikono after Zessica's confession then I would call what he had for Mikono infatuation...but he hasn't and I dont think he's going too either. There was someone on this forum that summed up what LOVE is pretty damn good...but this post is long enough already XD
Closed Thread