AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-24, 23:28   Link #2061
zzhk
Summary Machine

I'm referring to the Taiwanese version (traditional), which certain sites appear to be pirating. Hence, giving direct links would be a bad idea.

Actually, I'm not even sure if we should mention JC*** in threads either, since it is a source of scans. The r** word is quite sensitive, after all.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 23:34   Link #2062
Kadi
知識の探求者

Who said anything about the r-word? It's summaries, zzhk, summaries!
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 23:49   Link #2063
zzhk
Summary Machine

After all, the mere mention of manga scanlation sites by name is forbidden.

Err on the side of caution and use a PM, that's all I'm suggesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Personally, I wonder if Volume 11 could be "removed" in the timeline of the anime.
Anyway, back on topic, there's nothing wrong with doing a flashback arc or OVA, I suppose, if they want to revisit the past.

It's certainly not essential, and the author's intent is to write an ongoing story where readers can jump in (or buy a novel) at any point, ideally. At least, that's what he seems to keep suggesting in the afterwords.
Old 2012-07-25, 07:29   Link #2064
Athena
The Power of One

I wonder if the next volumes will by single-volume arcs or double ones. For example, 6-7 and 9-10 all worked out fine. Wonder I there should be more arcs like these. (Though the link between 9-10 is not as string as in 6-7, but oh well)
Old 2012-07-25, 10:01   Link #2065
fazri
blacksun king

zzhk thanks for all your effort to translateting campione!
Old 2012-07-25, 11:57   Link #2066
kazzuya13

I hope the next volume would not be the as same as volume 12.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 14:02   Link #2067
wen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
I hope the next volume would not be the as same as volume 12.
yeah volume 12 is just too confusing for me right now
wen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 14:13   Link #2068
Kadi
知識の探求者

Why? V12 is awesome. Jou-chan managed to write something completely different yet it fundamentally retained the Campione feeling...
Old 2012-07-25, 14:27   Link #2069
Bombo
TSF Fans

about v4 do you advice me to ignore it and read V5? since there's translate for V4 .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 14:33   Link #2070
Kadi
知識の探求者

The translator seems to be rather fast, so you can wait for it, I think. Since later volumes reference the earlier ones a lot, it's nice to go for completion. Also, from what I can tell the major story starts in V4.

That said, it's also the most annoying or irritating volume.
Old 2012-07-25, 14:38   Link #2071
Bombo
TSF Fans

I will try to hold my self after finishing v3 :P
Tbh I love this story .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 14:42   Link #2072
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
The translator seems to be rather fast, so you can wait for it, I think. Since later volumes reference the earlier ones a lot, it's nice to go for completion. Also, from what I can tell the major story starts in V4.

That said, it's also the most annoying or irritating volume.
Why Kadi? Why? I like Lily! Suspension of disbelief aside, the only thing that bugs me is how magnanimous Godou is sometimes.. But then again, that's why he's the foolish King and I'm just a commoner
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 15:02   Link #2073
Kadi
知識の探求者

Why? I'll tell you why: In V4 Godou acts like a freaking idiot. If he were slightly less of a wuss, the whole story could by cut down to 50% and be way more enjoyable. Yes, Lily is nice. Yes, Godou gets better in the later volumes. Yes, Jou-chan probably did it on purpose, to a degree. Doesn't change that V4 is "really" annoying.
Old 2012-07-25, 15:21   Link #2074
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Why? I'll tell you why: In V4 Godou acts like a freaking idiot. If he were slightly less of a wuss, the whole story could by cut down to 50% and be way more enjoyable. Yes, Lily is nice. Yes, Godou gets better in the later volumes. Yes, Jou-chan probably did it on purpose, to a degree. Doesn't change that V4 is "really" annoying.
Has Athena. Has Lily.

And Salvatore. Btw, I somehow get the feeling that it means "saviour in some language", but not sure 'bout that.
Old 2012-07-25, 17:04   Link #2075
fazri
blacksun king

so campione can die too right!
just like john smith pluto.
they only can get killed by other campione and gods right?
Old 2012-07-25, 17:13   Link #2076
bludvein

Of course they can. Its rather difficult to kill one but by no means impossible. In the case of Godou, even an ordinary person could kill him if they had knowledge about his abilities and limitations. Nobody could take them in a fair fight though.

Spoiler for John Pluto Smith:

EDIT: To elaborate, Campione have a wild instinct to avoid traps, and they are crazy durable. Oh, and they have enough magic resistance that all but the strongest spells won't even scratch them. That's not even counting their powers. Short of a bomb going off under them or a sniper getting them in the heart they probably won't die. Still possible, but not all that likely. Unless your Salvatore, who's power is being invincible...

Last edited by bludvein; 2012-07-25 at 17:29.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 17:15   Link #2077
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
so campione can die too right!
just like john smith pluto.
they only can get killed by other campione and gods right?
I would assume they can die like anyone else. Godou's authorities are actually quite useless against normal humans since he has restrictions, so, barring his ability to use the Ram, I think it was, he can be killed by a normal person. Given that, he might be more vulnerable to humans than other Campione/Gods.
EnigmaticAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 17:29   Link #2078
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
I would assume they can die like anyone else. Godou's authorities are actually quite useless against normal humans since he has restrictions, so, barring his ability to use the Ram, I think it was, he can be killed by a normal person. Given that, he might be more vulnerable to humans than other Campione/Gods.
maybe because i was just watching hellsing ultimate .. the bold text reminded me of what alucard said .. that :
only a human can killed a monster ...
in a way is the same between humans and gods in campione right?

if i remember correctly even Erica told him once .. that if she were to kill him it will be easy

Last edited by Phoenix221186; 2012-07-25 at 17:42.
Phoenix221186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 18:16   Link #2079
zzhk
Summary Machine

I think the once a day restriction really hurts Godou. If he can't deal with an enemy within the course of one day before exhausting all the useful and relevant forms, he has no options left. And of course, he has no skills to deal with ordinary people, though there's plenty of people who can train him if he's willing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
about v4 do you advice me to ignore it and read V5? since there's translate for V4 .
Other than the addition of Liliana to Godou's daily life, Volume 5 doesn't depend that much on Volume 4. V4 and V5 could probably be read in any order without either spoiling the other in any major way. For volumes beyond 5 (not that there's much translated at this point), I suppose some of the events of Volume 4 will have greater significance.

I'd say go ahead and read V5, unless you feel that you need to know exactly how Liliana falls for Godou enough to move to Japan to stay by his side.
Old 2012-07-25, 18:26   Link #2080
Hendog

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
I think the once a day restriction really hurts Godou. If he can't deal with an enemy within the course of one day before exhausting all the useful and relevant forms, he has no options left. And of course, he has no skills to deal with ordinary people, though there's plenty of people who can train him if he's willing.
In one of the volumes after Godou used the Ram and died, he talked to Pandora and she told him regular training would not do much. Only through actual battles would he get stronger...or at least something along those lines.
Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem