AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-21, 11:24   Link #4141
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Very quick translation: [Edit: now slightly improved]
On a day shortly before Christmas, Kyousuke left his house as planned. Walking down the evening streets where snow danced, Kyousuke resolved that he was going to confess his feeling for a certain person, and started to run. As Kyousuke finally arrived at the meeting place, the person waiting for him there was...

Kyousuke's story, that begin with Kirino's life consultations, is taking giant strides towards its climax. And the ending Kyousuke chose is...

Spoiler for Novels:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-21 at 16:27. Reason: small tweaks
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 11:29   Link #4142
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Very quick translation:
One day shortly before Christmas, Kyousuke decided to get out of the house. Walking down the evening streets where snow danced, Kyousuke decided that he was going to confess his feeling for a certain person, and started to run. As Kyousuke finally arrived at the meeting place, the person waiting for him there was...

Kyousuke's story, that begin with Kirino's life consultations, is taking giant strides towards its climax. And the ending Kyousuke chose is...

Spoiler for Novels:
Yep, I agree. They intend to keep up the suspense, even for guys who know the novel ending. But they sure aren't going to stray from it.
Old 2013-07-21, 14:09   Link #4143
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Yep, I agree. They intend to keep up the suspense, even for guys who know the novel ending. But they sure aren't going to stray from it.
Well I never really thought that they would in the first place but I am glad to hear that it is basically confirmed . Also its a smart move on their part to keep the suspense up, it makes for a better story and there would be no point if they ruined the suspense now right at the ending.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 14:37   Link #4144
Sakuratsuki

We have a confirmation now. I am glad about that.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 17:50   Link #4145
Flere821
Lurker

When are these episodes going to be aired again?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 18:02   Link #4146
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
When are these episodes going to be aired again?
World Premiere: 9 August at Otakon.
Global Web Stream: 18 August at 13:00 JST.
Old 2013-07-21, 18:59   Link #4147
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
World Premiere: 9 August at Otakon.
Global Web Stream: 18 August at 13:00 JST.
Ok, thanks
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 23:40   Link #4148
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Then just Oreimo like it's also called in short?
Sorry for disappearing for a while. But then that won't be a catchphrase on Kirino... It will be simply just a tittle of the series

Anyway, still take suggestions on this. I guess anything with "you, siscon" in the same line is hinted at Kirino
Old 2013-07-22, 01:53   Link #4149
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Sorry for disappearing for a while. But then that won't be a catchphrase on Kirino... It will be simply just a tittle of the series

Anyway, still take suggestions on this. I guess anything with "you, siscon" in the same line is hinted at Kirino
Ah, I thought you were referring to the title. My bad.
Old 2013-07-23, 19:02   Link #4150
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I read up with the novels. Well, I must say, I've been taken for quite a ride! @_@

OreImo taught me a lot about writing harems.
Old 2013-07-23, 21:25   Link #4151
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51398941.html

[mod edit: remove quote of all Japanese text with no translation]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-23 at 22:49.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 21:37   Link #4152
levelminded

where can i find the 10 year reunion volume story???????
levelminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 22:52   Link #4153
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Is there something in particular you wanted to point out about this month+-old interview? It was already discussed rather extensively at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelminded View Post
where can i find the 10 year reunion volume story???????
At this time it has not been translated into English. It shipped with the first volume of the Anime Limited Edition Blu-Rays/DVDs, and the basic outline of the content was posted earlier. The short story does not contain any information that adds clarity to the end of the novels, since that would be a spoiler for anime-only viewers.
Old 2013-07-24, 00:45   Link #4154
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Did not realize it was discussed to death already. I only came across that today (I haven't really been keeping up) and thought it was a pretty good read into how the story turned out to be how it is.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 01:47   Link #4155
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Did not realize it was discussed to death already. I only came across that today (I haven't really been keeping up) and thought it was a pretty good read into how the story turned out to be how it is.
Ah, okay, well here's a link back, and you can see the resulting conversation in context. (Understandable that it's hard to find things in this giant thread.) It is a pretty interesting interview, and provides a bit of extra support in terms of how to interpret the plot and why things were written in the way they were.
Old 2013-07-29, 17:47   Link #4156
Wilshere

Can this series be considered as a Harem? For me it is no harem as one chapter/episode can't justify that claim.
Old 2013-07-29, 19:04   Link #4157
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Can this series be considered as a Harem? For me it is no harem as one chapter/episode can't justify that claim.
The term has very broad usage. Some people call a show a "harem" any time it has three or more characters presented as "possible love interests" to the protagonist. And in that broad sense, you could arguably consider it a "harem show" pretty early in the work... if you recognize that all the girls are being presented as love interests (which started becoming clearer in Volume 5, if the reader didn't recognize it earlier). Volume 10 is where they really start making it obvious that the girls are "fighting over him", but this is basically the collision of a lot of elements that had previously been building on different fronts. That volume/chapter only happened because of all the elements introduced beforehand, and to serve as a catalyst to put an end to the "race". (The three final volumes are all part of the "closing arc".)

In other words, I'd say it's as much of a "harem" as pretty much any shounen romantic comedy is, since a key point of the story is which of the multiple available/willing heroines the protagonist will fall in love with and "choose" in the end. But in the stricter sense of the word, the story isn't really *about* Kyousuke and his "harem", but actually about Kyousuke and Kirino's relationship, with the other elements layered around it. Pretty much all the other characters and elements are there to draw out an aspect of Kirino and Kyousuke.
Old 2013-07-29, 19:24   Link #4158
Wilshere

^The only character I feel was his ''love interest'' was Kuroneko since she openly admits her feelings, many times throughout the series and novel. As for Ayase, she lied to herself even though she took interest for him since the beginning and just started to show some interest in like her story in Volume 9 and clearly Volume 10. Manami was never the subject of love interest as Kyousuke says that he treats her as a ''grandma'' and nothing more. Kanako, with her straight forward confessions, was not in the ''race'' whatsoever. Well, for Kirino, I think he actively begins falling for her in Volume 8+ and she is the only person realistically he ends with(which he did) since the show rotates around their relationship in a sense and not Kyousuke getting together with any other girl. Its just like you said, they are there to help develop them.
Old 2013-07-29, 19:41   Link #4159
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I don't think it's necessarily a question of whether or not they ever "had a chance" from a story-telling perspective. Many shounen romantic comedies have a "harem" of heroines, most of whom never really "have a chance" but still show interest in the protagonist. (In fact, in most harem anime, there are usually a number of "harem members" who really stand no logical chance at all, but are there to arguably "fill out" the harem with different personalities/tropes.) In a different story, either Kuroneko, Ayase, or Manami could easily have been Kyousuke's main love interest, as the foundational elements were there -- as were explored in the PSP games. Saori and Kanako would need more development (particularly if you're thinking of the anime that cut a lot), but it's not that far-fetched... again, in a different story.

Anyway, I think the key is that you're trying to define if it "is" or "isn't", but it's really a matter of degrees. It has some harem elements for sure, but I personally wouldn't call it a "Harem LN/Anime" because it's not the most descriptive term for most of the content. (When people think "harem anime", they're usually thinking more like To Love-Ru, and this really isn't like that.)
Old 2013-07-30, 05:18   Link #4160
Wilshere

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-e....html#comments

This got to be pure hype, right?

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings