AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 20 38.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 19.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 21.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 13.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-18, 21:20   Link #21
Xacual

I'm surprised they kept Hakua in the same place, I really expected them to move her story arc to the end of the season.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-04-18, 21:24   Link #22
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

The handling of Kusonoki's arc second half this episode was very satisfying and enjoyable to watch, I really liked her character , and Elsie's random moments during the date were amusing . I am curious how/what role this Haqua girl will be playing.
MAL
Old 2011-04-18, 21:30   Link #23
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I'm surprised they kept Hakua in the same place, I really expected them to move her story arc to the end of the season.
I agree, I'm surprised that they stuck to the chronological order of how Keima captured the girls.

I was expecting Haqua to end the 2nd season, could this imply something? Another season? Season 2 lasting 24-26 episodes instead? A secret arc about a girl they did not show in the opening theme?
Old 2011-04-18, 22:38   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Mm... It felt like the arc didn't need two full episodes, but it required more than one. So the tempo felt a bit disappointing, especially that not-so-interesting-at-all fight between the arc's focus and her AIBO.
I guess it was an improvement from the last couple of arcs though...

Protagonist: Let's let the two fight it out
(Minutes later)
Protagonist: Wait girls, let's talk it out
Me: Hmm?!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-04-19, 00:46   Link #25
s07195
However,

I liked this episode...but where's my Keima-Pikachu?
Old 2011-04-19, 06:20   Link #26
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
I was expecting Haqua to end the 2nd season, could this imply something? Another season? Season 2 lasting 24-26 episodes instead? A secret arc about a girl they did not show in the opening theme?
For now I don't know the direct implication (another session/Season 2 lasting 24-26 episodes) with Haqua appearance now and it's possible for them to do anime original episode.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-04-19 at 18:35.
Old 2011-04-19, 10:11   Link #27
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

A short Arc, but it has a 'complete' feeling about it. The OST still touches my heart, even though it is heard many times already. total Thumbs up to this episode
Old 2011-04-19, 10:54   Link #28
yajra03

good adaptation.

"nope, god hates us. even if we go, he'll send us back"
Old 2011-04-19, 11:43   Link #29
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

God they are doing so a fucking great job with this series.

The music that plays when the soul pops out (and Elsie captures it) is one of my favorite tracks I've ever heard in a long, long, while. It also reeks of Ah! My Goddess! and that's a very good thing.

Super happy Haqua is introduced this early too.

Oh, and someone tell me why the top half of a karate Gi over a dress with just the skirt peeping out the bottom is fucking really hot somehow?

SERIOUSLY

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!

Last edited by Master Chibi; 2011-04-19 at 12:30.
Old 2011-04-19, 20:49   Link #30
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Oh, and someone tell me why the top half of a karate Gi over a dress with just the skirt peeping out the bottom is fucking really hot somehow?

SERIOUSLY
I guess it's because the combination between strong and cute aspect of it .
Old 2011-04-19, 22:28   Link #31
lordshadowisle

I'm quite surprised how this turned out, it was quite enjoyable. Based on my (no doubt hazy) recollections this was one of the weaker arcs in the manga, so I'm glad that the anime improved things.

Season 2 should be better then since the rest of the girl arcs are stronger (imo).
Old 2011-04-19, 23:32   Link #32
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Wow, the episode was alot better than what I expected. Now, if only they can keep up with this pacing...
Old 2011-04-20, 15:48   Link #33
chaos_animagic

As long as they kept the "manga time line" it will be good.

But now I too wonder... if they did go by the chronological order, it will have more than enough material for 12+ episodes. (as said by the above posters)

So, it'll either be... 12 episodes than more seasons after.
or
24 episodes where the seasons "connect to each other" making it a long running show without an actual "separate season listing"
or
They'll just stop the anime at some point and only work on the manga than give out "OVA, OAD, DVDs etc..." (kinda like what they did with the recent OVAs of Air Gear and Negima, and many others that I am too lazy to list ;P)
Old 2011-04-20, 18:42   Link #34
pampz21
ShipCore

the same as season 1
"bad pacing"

but I'll continue watching it!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2011-04-21, 04:47   Link #35
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Protagonist: Let's let the two fight it out
(Minutes later)
Protagonist: Wait girls, let's talk it out
Me: Hmm?!
Isn't it the point though? He has to appear as someone who break the fight instead of someone who prevent the fight since... you know....he already simulated everything inside his head and he wants the "event" to go that way just like a galge he played before.
Old 2011-04-21, 08:51   Link #36
bombyethan1000

lul at happy crescent playing in the background when Keima and the girl are in the game store

Last edited by bombyethan1000; 2011-04-21 at 11:01.
Old 2011-04-21, 14:53   Link #37
Echoes

Good, short arc. Felt just like the first season; it's as though show never left me at all. Which is absolutely fantastic, since I loved the first season to death.

This show's strength, I find, is in its characters. Both visually and personality-wise, they're all very distinct and incredibly interesting. Even something relatively cliche, like a woman who puts on a strong facade but secretly likes cute stuff, is made very compelling.

I also just have to say, I love Elsie. Why is she so damn cute? Itou Kanae has a lot to do with it, I'm sure.
Old 2011-04-22, 22:41   Link #38
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Kusonoki is one of my fave heroine in TWGOK, its really nice to see her get animated. Although it's sad to know that she won't be seen again until later..... Oh well... I still have *** for later...

Last edited by Pellissier; 2011-04-23 at 01:42. Reason: do not mention characters that haven't appeared in the anime yet
Old 2011-04-23, 21:49   Link #39
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Good, short arc. Felt just like the first season; it's as though show never left me at all. Which is absolutely fantastic, since I loved the first season to death.

This show's strength, I find, is in its characters. Both visually and personality-wise, they're all very distinct and incredibly interesting. Even something relatively cliche, like a woman who puts on a strong facade but secretly likes cute stuff, is made very compelling.

I also just have to say, I love Elsie. Why is she so damn cute? Itou Kanae has a lot to do with it, I'm sure.
100% this, especially about Elsie. And I'll also mention the kind-hearted atmosphere which I think so far has always managed to put a smile on my face.
Old 2011-04-23, 22:47   Link #40
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
100% this, especially about Elsie. And I'll also mention the kind-hearted atmosphere which I think so far has always managed to put a smile on my face.
I agreed, Elsie always try to be a good and supporting little sister, after all she's the one who get the idea for the date and CMIIW she's the one who prepare cloth for Kusonoki .

But despite of that she's bit clumsy, and Keima always treat her poorly.
Closed Thread