AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-18, 18:56   Link #1
Killerattacks

DVD version?

A lot of groups are doing Naruto nowadays. All kind of groups. Quality subbers and speedsubbers. And every subber wants the leecher to download THEIR version, but the competition is big.
Therefore I cannot understand why no group is redoing Naruto from the start, but this time with the DVDs as raws. Just think about it. Ask yourself: Would you redownload it? Hell I would.

(just delete this thread if this question has already been asked. thx.)
Killerattacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 22:42   Link #2
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

hey sherlock...it's not licensed yet, how can there be DVD's?
Old 2004-09-18, 23:49   Link #3
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
hey holmes, Naruto is licensed, just not in the U.S. Japanese people do have DVD players... duhr.

Whether or not Naruto has been released on DVD in Japan is another thing, tho'.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 23:53   Link #4
UserName

I would redownload it. Some animes say such as OP 'were'...(...) being subbed by the DVD release only and there are others that do the same thing. It would be a lot better if they redid it with the DVD release.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 00:09   Link #5
Anbu_33

Send a message via MSN to Anbu_33
are their naruto dvds out there , because i want to buy them but all i have found are these chineese dvds , are they diferent or something ??
Anbu_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 00:18   Link #6
Sheriff lobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbu_33
are their naruto dvds out there , because i want to buy them but all i have found are these chineese dvds , are they diferent or something ??
i have all 4 DVDs (1-76) im not sure if its the chinese version or not but it seems pretty legit to me. As for re-downloading them, i'd do it in a heartbeat just so i wouldnt have to read thoes god awful subtitles.
(in its defence the subtitles did get progressively better, but still =\)
Sheriff lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 00:23   Link #7
Anbu_33

4 dvds , 76 episodes

no the ones i saw had around 5 episodes , i forgot how many , but like i said they are chinese , i know their original , but are they diferent from the japanese ones , if there are any ?
Old 2004-09-19, 00:25   Link #8
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff lobo
i have all 4 DVDs (1-76) im not sure if its the chinese version or not but it seems pretty legit to me. As for re-downloading them, i'd do it in a heartbeat just so i wouldnt have to read thoes god awful subtitles.
its not legit.
and the subtitle-groups have better anime than naruto to sub.
maybe if it was a group who had no other project, then maybe they would
re-do the WHOLE 1 thru at least 50 episode.
i dont have a problem with the quality of the episodes. and dvd-rips usually
are bigger in size.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 00:32   Link #9
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff lobo
Umm 76 eps on 4 dvds? In what way does that seem legit? Hell, even for a bootleg that's a lot of episodes. I don't even see how it's possible unless they're avi format like we would download... 19 episodes per dvd should have at least raised an eyebrow that these might be bootlegs...
Old 2004-09-19, 00:38   Link #10
Sheriff lobo

ehh i should of been more clear it was 4 volumes probably about 10ish dvds in total but yeah now that i think of it might be the chinese version, dammit
Sheriff lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 00:40   Link #11
Anbu_33

well the ones im about to buy are 11 dvds and a total of 54 episodes , original chinese dvds , guess ill just buy em.
Old 2004-09-19, 00:59   Link #12
Hakashin
Mukenin

Send a message via AIM to Hakashin Send a message via Yahoo to Hakashin
Quote:
well the ones im about to buy are 11 dvds and a total of 54 episodes , original chinese dvds , guess ill just buy em.

Idiot ... Chinese DVDs are usually bootlegs. Especially if they have English subtitles. Don't buy anything until Naruto is licensed and dvds are sold in R1 format.
Hakashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 03:43   Link #13
xris
Just call me Ojisan

The only Naruto DVDs available with English subtitle are illegal bootlegs.
Quote:
If they only have Chinese subtitles (with no English track), they may be legal.
  • Spot check on how to tell if a DVD is a bootleg or not
    Region 0
    Chinese and English subtitles
    6+ episodes per DVD
    Low Cost (under $4 per episode)
There are many exceptions of course but the best policy is to assume it's a bootleg if any of the above apply. Thereafter you will need to investigate further. There are many, many on-line shops selling bootlegs, in some cases they are unaware of the issues, in other cases they simply do not care, so just be careful!

If there are any posts making such requests, then they will be simply merged into this generic "Is this a bootleg" thread. One of the rules we have in the AnimeSuki forums is that you may not ask for, nor post links to, bootleg anime. If there are any links posted to a potential bootleg site, then they shall be removed or the post / thread deleted.

For more details, see The generic "Is this a bootleg" thread. And just to reiterate, here's the guide from that thread on how to spot bootlegs You can't be to careful!

How to spot bootlegs:
  • Offering unlicensed anime on DVD or VCD with English subtitles. (The occasional Japanese release does have English subtitles)
  • English and Chinese subtitles available.
  • Large number of episodes per disc. (6 is rare on an official release, 7+ is highly dubious)
  • Suspiciously low price. (This one is a lot harder to spot)
(NOTE: These are general guidelines. In some rare cases official releases may fit some of these criteria, or some bootlegs may not fit any of them. Please be careful)
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 03:52   Link #14
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerattacks
A lot of groups are doing Naruto nowadays. All kind of groups. Quality subbers and speedsubbers. And every subber wants the leecher to download THEIR version, but the competition is big.
Therefore I cannot understand why no group is redoing Naruto from the start, but this time with the DVDs as raws. Just think about it. Ask yourself: Would you redownload it? Hell I would.

(just delete this thread if this question has already been asked. thx.)
SO-SD has stated multiple times that we're going to do it. We're going to release packs though, not just ep1, ep2, ep3 etc, but full packs at once (and at the same time we should get to getting our other releases in packs.. geez I hate playing around with torrents and trackers and all that it's called.. just let me translate I don't get all these stuff xD). The only reason the first pack isn't out yet is because... yeah, why the heck isn't it? *goes to check with staffmembers* (you know you are annoyed when someone's got a dvd - and you have translated it already - but there's still no rip from it after several weeks so someone can time it xD)
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 05:18   Link #15
DJ*

I don't see the point, myself.

Would you seriously watch this entire series again?!
Old 2004-09-19, 05:34   Link #16
Zidane

The japanese naruto dvds are very subpar qualitie. Simply put: Ugly pieces of crap dvd. Very badly mastered . Dont expect crystal clear video and audio as you would expect from recent anime dvds.
Zidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 06:47   Link #17
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
That site offers bootlegs, Divination. Those aren't legitimate dvds. Just check out the subtitles on them, it's English and Chinese. I don't know, there might be some dvds out there with chinese subs (although I doubt it, but I dunno how china's and japan's relation is with trading material), but as soon as you spot english subs on a dvd then it -is- a bootleg; it's not licensed yet after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ*
I don't see the point, myself.

Would you seriously watch this entire series again?!
I love the series and I enjoy translating it, it gives me a closer relation to a series I already like a whole lot. I don't see why I shouldn't do myself the favour. If someone else appreciates my work and downloads our encodes, then so much the better and all the power to them :P
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 11:16   Link #18
Anbu_33

well guess there fake , hehe , they have english subtitles , but damn there $13 each , guess i wont buy em , heheheh , that was close , ill just stick to my homemade ones for now.
Old 2004-09-19, 14:53   Link #19
Riku540

Ugh... You people make me want to CRY. YES there are NARUTO DVDs but the ones you people are talking about are TOTALLY bootlegged. I own the real stuff, the ONLY legit DVDs, and might I add that each DVD only has 3-4 episodes, not 19 episodes! here's the real site with LEGIT DVDs:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search.html...o&restrict=DVD

DON'T BUY FROM CRIMINALS!!!
Riku540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 15:25   Link #20
Anbu_33

it just an image crop form the latest manga translation .

Riku540 - wow those are expensive , guess they dont have english subs nor audio track , right ??