Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2009-05-09, 08:58   Link #681
Kaguya
an idler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well if it has short stories from Horo's perspective about one of her and Lawrence events I do not mind (I don't really like short stories that do not have Lawrence in, like telling about Horo's before she met him, though it gives more information the lack of Lawrence/Horo dynamic makes it rather painful to read).
According to an afterward of Volume 11, the author has said that he already wrote the manuscript of 150 sheets about the Nora story.
Probably Nora will appear in the collection of side stories again in the future.
Even if there is neither Horo nor Lawrence in it, I want to read it.
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 10:11   Link #682
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

Judgment...I just finished reading what I hadn't read before, (end of chapter 4, chapter 5, and the updated chapter 6)

NEED MORE!!

Oh my gosh, it's been a while since I've had this burning feeling...arrgghh

Spoiler for volume 4 chapter 6:

And the last update was March 24, and it's already May 10th....

Judg, I just wanted to apologize for not screaming in support like I usually do, as I've been rather busy as well, however...please, if you can hear my call...save me from my pain:!!!!

I need to get a job...so I can actually buy these books...Its getting hard to eat, as I have to be careful of how much I spend, even more than usual...yeah, I need a job. ^_^

NEED MORE...O_o
seaghyn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 10:46   Link #683
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Know how you feel. Judge was last on animusuki mid April, I'm starting to worry...
Old 2009-05-09, 10:54   Link #684
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
Even if there is neither Horo nor Lawrence in it, I want to read it.
I am pretty much indifferent to that. Find it too boring. I will read it too but will not enjoy it. Spice and Wolf is mostly about Horo and Lawrence. Nora, Amiati etc are just boring background figures that strike no interest if separated from the duo.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 20:23   Link #685
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

to each his own ^_^. A little bit is okay, but really just as long as it doesn't become mainstream. A volume of side stories every few volumes is okay, even if it isn't all Horo, because as we're reading "The world is vast..." Plus it doesn't hurt, as long as it's written well. Of course, I can't read it yet to form an opinion, but...
Old 2009-05-14, 17:20   Link #686
Cylf

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaghyn16 View Post
Judgment...I just finished reading what I hadn't read before, (end of chapter 4, chapter 5, and the updated chapter 6)

NEED MORE!!

Oh my gosh, it's been a while since I've had this burning feeling...arrgghh

Spoiler for volume 4 chapter 6:

And the last update was March 24, and it's already May 10th....

Judg, I just wanted to apologize for not screaming in support like I usually do, as I've been rather busy as well, however...please, if you can hear my call...save me from my pain:!!!!

I need to get a job...so I can actually buy these books...Its getting hard to eat, as I have to be careful of how much I spend, even more than usual...yeah, I need a job. ^_^

NEED MORE...O_o
Well, i actually found on another forum that the guy who was doing it had hit mid-terms and schoolworks been kicking his butt. I know like over here at drexel when mid-terms hit we barely have time to breath for the next 6 weeks. by the end of june he should have more up.

Ntm, it isnt a HORRIBLE stoping place, atleast we know where to come back at easily.
Cylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 00:07   Link #687
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

I remember he used to have the picture of Ulquiorra from Bleach (bad at names,) and found some posts of his over at Bleach Exile, he still there?
Old 2009-05-15, 14:10   Link #688
Cylf

here's a quote from bleach exile today

"I realize I've been keeping everyone waiting for a long time, and I promise I will proceed with finishing Vol. 4 SOON! Sorry, just bear with me for a little while longer."

Like i said, it's crunch time starting in april for a lot of schools XD

So let us rejoice.
Old 2009-05-16, 00:35   Link #689
Blank-Mage

Wait, Judge is still online, just not talking to us? I feel so alone...
Old 2009-05-16, 12:37   Link #690
Cylf

i think its more of a he doesnt have enough time to talk, just wants to make sure that people dont give up on spice and wolf.
Old 2009-06-01, 22:56   Link #691
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way everyone, the Spice and Wolf Light Novels are now licensed. As it says in the opening post of this thread, "Please do not link to any fan translations in this thread, and obey the usual licensed material rules." I've deleted a whole bunch of recent posts that were in defiance of this rule, but I figured that I'd just post this warning here first. You may not discuss fan translation projects in this thread anymore; those are the rules. Thanks for your understanding.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 03:53   Link #692
Blank-Mage

Oh, right. Oops.
Old 2009-06-02, 09:40   Link #693
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

I can't even believe I've forgotten the rules for so long, lol O_o

So this discussion is about the liscenced light novels...or, any material not fan translated...

So generally I guess that just leaves us to spoilers and stuff, but no translations. That's cool.

anybody think they're going to censor volume 1's images? that is, of Horo in the back of the cart....uhm...nekid?
Old 2009-06-02, 09:51   Link #694
LKK

Quote:
anybody think they're going to censor volume 1's images? that is, of Horo in the back of the cart....uhm...nekid?
I doubt Yen Press will censor the art. They may up the age rating just to be on the safe side. But I don't think they'd censor the art.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 12:12   Link #695
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agreed... the premise, scope, and story content don't even pretend to be "for children" (though it wouldn't have bothered me to let my kids read it before they were "age rated" :P nudity does not equal sex). It might not hurt to write Yen Press and politely remind them the fans for this title are not children just in case any of their marketeers are worried.
Old 2009-06-02, 12:29   Link #696
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

They could also shrink wrap it if they get really worried. Although I don't care either way about what they do to the pictures, I get a light novel to read, not to look at the pictures.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 06:44   Link #697
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

Yeah, it's just light novels are usually geared towards 15-18 year olds, as they are equivalent to "Young Adult" literature/books in the english world. And I don't know about you, but if my mom saw a picture in a book I was reading when I was 15 that had a female without clothes on, lazily lifting herself up from a bed of furs....She'd be pretty worried about what I'm reading O_o. And usually after that, parents aren't going to sit down and read the book front to back to see what this p***o flick is about. That's really the only concern I've got.

If they want the book marketed to the same audience as in Japan, the 15-18 year olds, (though heck, most of the people that read it are in their mid 20's to late 30's I guess, with the occasional hip old wise man.) But the writing style screams Young Adult. To get back on track, if they want it marketed to that group, then they have to realize parents are going to be flipping through and reading the backs to see what it's all about, and nothing stands out more than nice easy to understand pictures O_o

But if they marketed it to those who were 18+ and off where their mommies aren't, the images don't matter. But my mother would have either said "no" or read reviews or the book itself, and then maybe ripped out the 2 images that cause misunderstanding, and horo-ism O_o

uhm...maybe I'm just rambling actually...most mothers aren't as strict as mine I guess...^_^ They might not even open the book their kids reading, just happy he/she is reading something, lol.
Old 2009-06-03, 09:29   Link #698
barbsicle
B-T Translator

Send a message via MSN to barbsicle
haha seag, japan is probably more lax about it (then again i have no idea).

oh and im sorry for not replying you yesterday haha.
barbsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 12:28   Link #699
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, it's just light novels are usually geared towards 15-18 year olds, as they are equivalent to "Young Adult" literature/books in the english world. And I don't know about you, but if my mom saw a picture in a book I was reading when I was 15 that had a female without clothes on, lazily lifting herself up from a bed of furs....She'd be pretty worried about what I'm reading O_o. And usually after that, parents aren't going to sit down and read the book front to back to see what this p***o flick is about. That's really the only concern I've got.

If they want the book marketed to the same audience as in Japan, the 15-18 year olds, (though heck, most of the people that read it are in their mid 20's to late 30's I guess, with the occasional hip old wise man.) But the writing style screams Young Adult. To get back on track, if they want it marketed to that group, then they have to realize parents are going to be flipping through and reading the backs to see what it's all about, and nothing stands out more than nice easy to understand pictures O_o

But if they marketed it to those who were 18+ and off where their mommies aren't, the images don't matter. But my mother would have either said "no" or read reviews or the book itself, and then maybe ripped out the 2 images that cause misunderstanding, and horo-ism O_o

uhm...maybe I'm just rambling actually...most mothers aren't as strict as mine I guess...^_^ They might not even open the book their kids reading, just happy he/she is reading something, lol.
I wouldn't get too worried.... flip the pages of the latest Negima volume 22 which is on the shelves UNshrinkwrapped in North America and revel in the nudity.
Old 2009-06-05, 02:42   Link #700
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Yeah, your mother is too strict. Not normally so (at least in modern age). Nudity even in post-soviet countries (that have been much more restricted about sexuality and nudity, compared to not occupied, free countries) is becoming much less of an issue.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, seinen, shounen