AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-13, 07:02   Link #161
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

It doesn't change the fact that, to be one's ancestors, you'd have to be related by... um... blood, fangirl. No question about it, the term is being used wrongly, here - if there is no blood relation in something referred to as a bloodline.

Old 2009-04-13, 07:27   Link #162
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
It doesn't change the fact that, to be one's ancestors, you'd have to be related by... um... blood, fangirl. No question about it, the term is being used wrongly, here - if there is no blood relation in something referred to as a bloodline.

Haha, I do know, but there is no other way to explain that, since I correctly remember the term itself in the novel is quite similar to "Lineage" of some sort. I don't really know how to explain it in English though, that's why I prefer to use bloodline since it's the easiest way translation available. Lineage just seem... A bit tad too wrong?

Let's just say, nitpicking details is kind of hard when we do translation. And God knows I really hate doing detailed translation unless I'm forced to~ (And God do know I am in another fandom, so I rarely double-check novel XD)

Old 2009-04-13, 08:20   Link #163
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
it's ludicrous to see people grasping on mirrors just to defend their wrong opinion!
BTW it may be a translation error, but if it isn't then Layfon's origins aren't so unknown as one would assume them to be.
sorry i find it ludicrous to see someone trying to lecture people and telling them they're wrong when he doesn't even know what he's talking about, while the other two do

BTW could someone explain what happened to the 10th platoon after their defeat to the 17th platoon? i've read somewhere the team disbands and someone joins the 17th platoon..but i've read of both shena and naruki, so which one? also did dinn actually got stripped of his kei by leyfon's needles?
Old 2009-04-13, 08:33   Link #164
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Now only a question for the next epi for who read the novels, is a filler between 4-5 vol. or is something on the 5 vol.?
Old 2009-04-13, 09:00   Link #165
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Haha, I do know, but there is no other way to explain that, since I correctly remember the term itself in the novel is quite similar to "Lineage" of some sort.
I think lineage is actually a very close term, as it relates to one's bloodline as well. Perhaps we should drop this, as an originally japanese term is not translating all that well, here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
sorry i find it ludicrous to see someone trying to lecture people and telling them they're wrong when he doesn't even know what he's talking about, while the other two do
Actually, you should pipe down on the personal bits, as this is clearly a case of misinterpretation - or a mistranslation. The person who said that a bloodline does not mean a blood relation, and is more related to a skill set you can learn is just factually wrong, as well.

Old 2009-04-13, 11:10   Link #166
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
?
The other two admit there are possible translation problems and that the issue I moved is valid: you fail to realize even that so you should just shut up in shame!
Anyway I don't really understand why there is such a problem with the definition of Psyharden: if it isn't a bloodline then it's a technique passed down from master to disciple... the term bloodline is totally out of place, that's all!
Old 2009-04-13, 18:42   Link #167
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I think lineage is actually a very close term, as it relates to one's bloodline as well. Perhaps we should drop this, as an originally japanese term is not translating all that well, here.

Actually, you should pipe down on the personal bits, as this is clearly a case of misinterpretation - or a mistranslation. The person who said that a bloodline does not mean a blood relation, and is more related to a skill set you can learn is just factually wrong, as well.
In the world of Reigos regarding the Military Arts that is correct. The term bloodline does not mean blood relation but of a particular fighting school and/or a particular set of Military Art Skills.

It is a lot more understandable if you are familar with Chinese Martial Arts novels.
Old 2009-04-13, 19:21   Link #168
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Then the term is used incorrectly, it's as simple as that. Like I said, the concept is sound, but the term being used to refer to it, in english, is factually wrong.

Old 2009-04-13, 21:00   Link #169
giorno

Quote:
The other two admit there are possible translation problems and that the issue I moved is valid: you fail to realize even that so you should just shut up in shame!
you fail to realize that the issue isn't that reifon might be blood related to the psyharden family(that is, if a psyharden family actually ever existed...) or not, but wether the term bloodline might be actually correct or not in this case....which isn't(in the literal sense and meaning), and at the same time, is(in terms of meaning, in a figurative sense)

@ipernorris, i think we should seriously stop now with the personal posts, and maybe go on through pm?(i actually find this kind of fun...but it's 4 AM here and i'm pretty tired and that might be the real reason though )
Old 2009-04-20, 01:36   Link #170
ThinkTank

Quote:
Anyway I don't really understand why there is such a problem with the definition of Psyharden: if it isn't a bloodline then it's a technique passed down from master to disciple... the term bloodline is totally out of place, that's all!
Bloodline is definitely not the right word, but it has a similar meaning.

I guess I kind of thought Psyharden as more of a "style" or "form" of sword fighting or military arts.
Old 2009-04-20, 12:10   Link #171
Johnny
Working the bags...

My head hurts after reading all the lineage and bloodline discussions. So has anything been said about Layfon's parents i.e mother was a housewife, father was a farmer..ect ect? Or is it still unknown as to their origins or whereabouts?
Old 2009-04-23, 00:33   Link #172
Masha

Question

Got more questions to person who read most of the novels

First question is regarding Leerin - what are her origins, who is her real father/mother and why did Grendan's regios appeared in front of her. And what did Karian found out based on her DNA that made Queen lose her temper so much and threaten to kill her if she even mentions it again in most recent episode. (It looks to me like she is Queen's daughter or clone?!

Second question, if Leerin is related to Queen why is Queen's bloodline (and I mean DNA-wise not the other meanings) important to Grendan? And why is she the Queen of Grendan is it because of 1) Usual way by inheritance - She is daughter of previous rulers of Grendan or 2) Power - she is #1 HB Receiver the most powerful one that no one knows about aka First among equals or 3) Connection to Grendan fairy - somehow she is connected to it.

Third question - what is Heaven't Blade? Is it just a special weapon that every member of HB Receivers gets? Or is something very mysterious and unique connected to Grendan City?

More Novel spoilers please!
Old 2009-04-24, 21:26   Link #173
aapmenss

i have a question about the queen is her personality like how she acts around leerin or is she realy a bitch like shown in ep 15 ?

and answer the questions above this post :P realy want know those
Old 2009-04-26, 12:16   Link #174
msuwildog80

General Question:

Are they still following the light novel? And if so what novel you think its currently at and will finish at in episode 25?

Even though I never read or can read the novels. I tend to think more of an anime that follows the proven source material.
Old 2009-04-26, 14:06   Link #175
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuwildog80 View Post
General Question:

Are they still following the light novel? And if so what novel you think its currently at and will finish at in episode 25?

Even though I never read or can read the novels. I tend to think more of an anime that follows the proven source material.
looking at few novel pictures I would assume that the anime will end at volum6 at most....

but anyway we dont know if the anime will end as season1.... or will they make an anime only ending..... time will show
Old 2009-04-26, 23:50   Link #176
blewin

If I'm not reading the wrong Chinese translation online... and if the anime's following the novels, then it'll be around vol 9 when Leerin delivers the sword.

the Jap novels are up to 11 or 12 now, so I don't have high hopes for a second season.

very much likely, we'll get an anime ending (well, or anime + novels, when in fact the story continues in the novels).

and please kindly step over to Baka-Tsuki if anyone wants to read the novel translation in English. Any help on names is greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha View Post

Third question - what is Heaven't Blade? Is it just a special weapon that every member of HB Receivers gets? Or is something very mysterious and unique connected to Grendan City?

More Novel spoilers please!
Spoiler for novel spoiler:

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-04-27, 00:58   Link #177
zibi88

blewin can you tell me what will happen to the goat ?? I mean will it posses Nina or someone else...... or it willgo to Grendan ??
Old 2009-04-27, 01:17   Link #178
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha View Post

First question is regarding Leerin - what are her origins, who is her real father/mother and why did Grendan's regios appeared in front of her. And what did Karian found out based on her DNA that made Queen lose her temper so much and threaten to kill her if she even mentions it again in most recent episode. (It looks to me like she is Queen's daughter or clone?!
I haven't read up until volume 12 (or maybe it's just me being me, I skipped some pivotal details... Again.) but I could swear that Leerin is not hinted to be the Queen's daughter/sister of sorts. Maybe distant relatives, but from little hints, it's more like she has... "Unique" power. Not sure what, and not gonna touch the novel for sometime judging from how I'm out of blood reading too much.

And just like Layfon, up until volume 6-8 I don't see anything that can be related to Leerin's past, save the vision of that black haired girl from Legend of Regios. *Hints: Pay more attention to Engrish part in the anime for this*

And zibi... The goat will... Umm... Affect Nina I think. But I'm not sure if it's actually this early...

EDIT: To clarify, from spoilers I read in some J-novel blogs, Nina herself has some kind of special power (not sure about what the power specification is). But... I know it's not because of the goat... Hmm...

Old 2009-04-27, 01:58   Link #179
slidingk1

Wasn't Nina saved by the Fairy spirit of another city that she was from? Hence having the ability to talk to the fairy's.
Old 2009-04-27, 02:08   Link #180
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidingk1 View Post
Wasn't Nina saved by the Fairy spirit of another city that she was from? Hence having the ability to talk to the fairy's.
Well... It's just before someone asked me whether her ability to talk with fairies is because of the goat or such, I'd better do some clarification first Thanks for clarification of Nina's power and the source of that power though ^_^ (And I think she also could do some kind of warp ability too, if my brain is not being beech at this moment.)

But I do remember that goat will affect Nina quite later (as not in the power/ability part)... Which is the point that I do not know and not sure at the same time. Connected with certain person though.

EDIT: At this point I'm probably useless since I have short and fuzzy memory regarding the novel Most probably because I lose interest in it already (*counts... 2 months?*) and decided to read other mangas for my fangirl side sake. Add that I was reading another novel adaptation while reading Regios, so my memory is really fuzzy and confused with said novel quite a lot of time, since both have some same scenes/writings to the point of I accidentally give a Regios spoiler for said novel adaptation for my dear friend. ^_^;

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2009-04-27 at 02:32.
Closed Thread