Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-15, 02:38   Link #1
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Naruto airing in Malaysia and The Netherlands

Narutofan writes:
It appears the Naruto anime series has been licensed for possible distribution in the Netherlands, in the Dutch language. The series is being called "Naruto, en de kracht van het kwaadaardige vossen monster" which translates to "Naruto, and the power of the malicious fox monster". We will be looking for more information on this, so far that is all we know. So Naruto is now in a few countries. Phillipines (in Tagalog), Netherlands (in Dutch), Malaysia and of course Japan.

Interesting development. I wonder which countrys will follow.

on a side note,

My country is in for a treat. Holland has about 10 dubbers who dub about all the 50 cartoons/anime that air, so the quality speaks for itself...right...

edit
due to overal disbelief: this is my only confirmation of the licensing of Naruto in Holland, ANN

Last edited by Animizzle; 2004-11-15 at 14:35.
Old 2004-11-15, 02:42   Link #2
Negs

ugh.... Naruto in Tagalog...
Old 2004-11-15, 04:07   Link #3
Virus
ウイルス

Send a message via AIM to Virus
Hmm intresting. I'm interested of how well it will be dubbed in Latin-American Spanish. So far most of their dubbings are quite well made.
Old 2004-11-15, 05:10   Link #4
fzz

Send a message via ICQ to fzz Send a message via MSN to fzz
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
not in holland, dear mother of jezus! WHY!? WHY!?!?!

this is so sad.. in DUTCH LANGUAGE FFS!!

it will be like: im walking through the city, and u hear those kids scream: SCHADUW REPLICATIE TECHNIEK!! (sorry for the dutch, but for those few dutch members...)

omg this is terrible.. i will cry when i see it on the telli..

now if you will excuse me .. I go hang myself..
Old 2004-11-15, 05:24   Link #5
Palani
///_^

The Horror ... The Horror,

Naruto in The Netherlands. We fucked up Pokemon en Yu-Gi-Oh why couldn't they just leave it at that.

There is just 1 big plus too this. If it becomes populair enough, and I know it will then merchandise should hit the streets in big numbers. We could even become fortunate enough to get the Naruto games released here.

And off course we can still always watch the subs, it maybe illegal but who the fuck gives a damn about that anyways.

Should be Fun too, Licensed in Holland before America. This may also mean that Anime is becoming a more serious market here in which companies are willing to invest. And even though it's horrible, it's a first step for kid's into anime. I just got to hunt down Naruto lovers and introduce them to the real series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzz
it will be like: im walking through the city, and u hear those kids scream: SCHADUW REPLICATIE TECHNIEK!! (sorry for the dutch, but for those few dutch members...)
I have to remember to always pack a DVD with original Naruto episodes for when this happes. I hear that when thrown correctly it can become a lethal weapon.
Old 2004-11-15, 05:56   Link #6
Kryptan

Omg. Dutch dubs are so bad!. I hope the DVD's comes with Japanese audio + Subs :P
Old 2004-11-15, 06:07   Link #7
king1980

So what does this mean.........will naruto nolonger be downloadable via the internet?
Old 2004-11-15, 06:08   Link #8
daflecta
(^_^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzz
I'm also dutch, and I can tell you one thing, this is not good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
Holland has a bout 10 dubbers who dub about all the 50 cartoons/anime that is aired, so the quality speaks for itself...right...
and yes, this is horrible to. For all we know, the dutch dubbers who did pokémon are gonna do the dutch Naruto!!!!! Can you imagine?? Jiraiya with the voice of professor oak and naruto with the voice of Ash.

And then the awful discussions i'm going to hear about naruto episode 5 while we are a 100 episodes ahead. Yes, I'm going to spoil the damn suckers :fingers:

the only good thing about this is that (maybe) Naruto merchandise will be available for The Netherlands.
Old 2004-11-15, 06:15   Link #9
Naruto_Tensai
Velvet Nightmare

I am from Philippines and Naruto stopped airing here for about 5-6 months now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negs
ugh.... Naruto in Tagalog...
hehe its not THAT bad if you understand it, coz the dubbers are really good and they managed to "copy" the likeness of the original voices thats why everyone liked it
Old 2004-11-15, 06:33   Link #10
Blaat

First off the Dutch didn't ruin Pokemon and Yu-gi-Oh the American companies already did that for us.

Furhtermore come on its not that bad, I admit the dub will be but the number of anime showed on the TV after the 80s diminished until the Dragonball Z hype.

Oh well if it weren't for the goverment there would have been a chance that Naruto being showed subbed on TV.

Maybe we should start a petition for Naruto demanding it to be subbed and uncut on TV
Old 2004-11-15, 06:54   Link #11
vampiro

hmm im from holland too but...o sweet jesus, NO dutch naruto please

we'll get all those crappy names
Old 2004-11-15, 07:17   Link #12
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by king1980
So what does this mean.........will naruto nolonger be downloadable via the internet?
No my dear fellow, if it's licensed in america most fansubbers will drop the serie.

For now rest assured, it will be downloadable as usual.
Old 2004-11-15, 07:28   Link #13
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Omg nooooo, noooooooooooo I will fucking kill them!! They are gonna fuck Naruto up. I'm going to kick those kids asses who yell, replication tecnique! Fuckers ITS KAGEBUNSHIN NO JUTSU!!!

Old 2004-11-15, 07:50   Link #14
7thMethuselah

It never fails to amaze my how people can hate their own culture

Show some pride for your own language, culture and country !!!

Besides if you are so worried send the tapes to Flanders (Vlaanderen) we will happily dub them for you, over here we have dubbed numurous cartoons with great succes. We don't reuse the same dubbers over and over again, no they are actually selected through a process that wants to find the voice/personality closest to the original.

Oh btw why are you bashing a dubbed version when you haven't even heard a single word of it, or seen a single translated line?
Old 2004-11-15, 08:01   Link #15
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Oh btw why are you bashing a dubbed version when you haven't even heard a single word of it, or seen a single translated line?
It's a matter of opinion really. I personally think that the dutch dubbing is extremely bad.
This, offcourse mainly because Im used to English and Japanese and secondly because the targeted age of the series has since long left me.

It's a fact that european (not to mention americans) cut japanese series up because the ethics on what can and cannot be showed on a cartoon are very diferent.

What is a good point however, is that most of the time we receive a series 2nd hand, that is to say we translate it from English to Dutch. We already receive an eddited version the US concuted making it impossible to apply our own censor.

Holland being a very tolerant and censor-less country (ignoring the recent events, im not here to talk about that) It's very much possible that we're not ending up too bad with Naruto. In terms of censorship that is...

Im having seconds thoughts on whetether I should have posted this announcement since some reactions are immature and really only amount to flaming, but hey, that's us dutchies we have no sense of patriotism. Besides, Dutch is one hell of an ugly language to listen to .
Old 2004-11-15, 08:05   Link #16
_Cyberwiesel__

MMH im from Germany and i think that many animes witch are licensed in america are not licensed here , but the most our subbers are so slow .
And so i watch the most animes in english sub, but i thing many subbers would continue to sub naruto.
And i thing i did't need any dub because the Japanisch language is nice to hear .
Old 2004-11-15, 08:21   Link #17
Blaat

Quote:
Patriotism and nationalism should be a thing of the past. It leads to war, it discriminates other cultures and more importantly it blinds people from facts about their country.

Quote:
Besides if you are so worried send the tapes to Flanders (Vlaanderen) we will happily dub them for you, over here we have dubbed numurous cartoons with great succes. We don't reuse the same dubbers over and over again, no they are actually selected through a process that wants to find the voice/personality closest to the original.
Good for Flanders Usually stuff like that happens for high rated animation movies (think Disney)
Disney dubs are pretty good over here, I of course still prefer the English voices

Quote:
I believe people are basing it on the current dubs that are on tv. Which is quite alot
Now if we base it on old dubs like e.g. Alfred J. Kwak and what not I think I would have had high hopes for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
Holland being a very tolerant and censor-less country (ignoring the recent events, im not here to talk about that) It's very much possible that we're not ending up too bad with Naruto. In terms of censorship that is...
The only problem I have with Holland now is the amount of dubbing, now I don't mind dubbing but really when I was a kid I watched Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ghostbusters (I admit partially dubbed) and many other cartoons subbed. Yet now is everything dubbed which is really irking me.
Its like saying kids are too slow or stupid to follow subs
Old 2004-11-15, 08:21   Link #18
Psychoray

Oh god, i'm gonna kill myself (or the little bastards that will be screaming 'schaduw replicatie techniek').

Why of all countries, MY country? O_o

The title alone is just ridicilous -_-
Old 2004-11-15, 08:23   Link #19
daflecta
(^_^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
It never fails to amaze my how people can hate their own culture

It's not that I hate my own culture. It's just that i think that something from another culture should be left ontouched.

just as I wouldn't want to see a dutch production to be dubbed in japanese.

It's just stupid! Naruto, a japanese boy, who eats with chopsticks, with japanese morals. japanese text all over the place. Naruto speaking dutch is like a cat barking

And don't forget that it's a great chance to learn about a other culture
Old 2004-11-15, 08:46   Link #20
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflecta
And don't forget that it's a great chance to learn about a other culture
Lol, I really hope that Naruto will NOT become the cultural reference for Japan, in fact while it certainly has a number of japanese aspects, I dare to say that Naruto is not representative of japanese culture at all.

PS On a side note about the dubbing : if Naruto will be shown on dutch tv, alot of kids will watch it too, and not everyone in Flanders and Holland is as good in english (or japanese for that matter) as some of us are....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
Patriotism and nationalism should be a thing of the past. It leads to war, it discriminates other cultures and more importantly it blinds people from facts about their country.
There is a difference between being proud of your own culture and discrimating others. besides, if you wanna know what it feels like to be discriminated just because you speak dutch, come live in Belgium for a few weeks...
Closed Thread