AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-11-08, 15:57   Link #1461
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Ha you think Yamamoto ask Unohana not to put themselves in the battle? not only the beginning but for ALL fights he will be?
No, I think he just told her not to get into danger. She's the most powerrful healer (let's forget Orihime and her stupid powers for now) available to Soul Society and as we've seen, also quite level headed. To lose someone like that, no matter how strong she is in battle, would devastate their side (even more).

So I think Yamamoto told her in general that the 4th division to stay back...as they are support, no matter how badly they want to join the fight. But as the arc progresses, we know this promise can't be kept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post

Kenpachi is the only captain without swords name and he still considered one of the strongest now. Learning his swords name would be great for plot and his character development. He's not as hard headed like he was in the beginning. Unohana is weak, she should just be a doctor and heal when needed. She doesn't look that strong imo. The masked people are probably the same people, makes no sense that they would hold back their forces unless they know about the Royal Guard? Ichigo is a quincy now.. related to Ishida now .
Yeah and that's his schtick. that was my main peeve with himand why I was happy his fight was off screen this arc. No one needs to see him swinging his balde around wildlyand yawning at his opponent and getting cut on purpose and crap like that, it got old.

But him gaining zanpaktou powers would go against his character from before...a battle crazy fiend that only needs to feel the reitsu of his opponent to get into the groove of things. So liek I said, he might as well be dead here if he isn't going to be who he know him as...and if his sword's power allows him to just be the same crazy gu, then what's the point.

Unohana is weak? Proof please. According to data books, or so I hear, her stats are one of the highest. Plus we've seen nothing but opponents fleeing from her. Plus being one of the oldest members of Soul Society, all signs point to her being quite strong...

what does 'looking' strong even mean? Chad looks strong, and look how that played out. Same for Komamura. Byakuya doesn't look strong at all (typical pretty boy type character), yet he is far from weak. And let's not forget Aizen...quiet guy with glasses that is always calm and happy turns out to be the most broken character around...really, you can't judge from appearance...

And that's where I'm wondering...since why would it just be a random group of... 7(i think) to show up and declare war and then show up with 14 or so more named people as well as other nameless forces. Seemed kinda random to keep their faces hidden...but eh, I expect some kind of empire when we get to the second side of the arc and the inevitable invasion of it by the good guys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I'm pretty sure byakuya had 2 death scenes and he still didn't die...
Yeah =/ it's kind of silly. especially in the condition he was...I would have thought him leaving Soul Society to Ichigo would be his dying words... but no. Ah well, if this is Kubo's way of writing out him and Kenpachi, I'm all for it...we don't need to see them bickering on the battlefield and other than Byakuya's *final* bankai form...that white angel thing, we've seen enough of his power =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Yamamoto probably tolk Unohana not to move because she's their White Mage. You can't lose the White Mage.
Yes. She could possess great strength, but to lose her would be to lose any large hope of recovery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
Obama will become the next Captain Commander.
unless Obama is Soul King o.o!
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 16:16   Link #1462
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
No, I think he just told her not to get into danger. She's the most powerrful healer (let's forget Orihime and her stupid powers for now) available to Soul Society and as we've seen, also quite level headed. To lose someone like that, no matter how strong she is in battle, would devastate their side (even more).

So I think Yamamoto told her in general that the 4th division to stay back...as they are support, no matter how badly they want to join the fight. But as the arc progresses, we know this promise can't be kept.
yes and it is true and I imagine there will be an event that will leave Unohana's legendary calm, to angry and fight
Old 2012-11-08, 17:49   Link #1463
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
yes and it is true and I imagine there will be an event that will leave Unohana's legendary calm, to angry and fight
hell yeah! her hair is supposed to become unbraided this arc too. If that isn't a sign that she's going to go ballistic, I dunno what is lol. Plus back when Bach was explaining the origins of the Gotei 13 and the silhouettes of Yamamoto leading his gang of thugs was shown, some people speculated one of the silhouettes (woman...more or less) could have been Unohana. That'd be funny and scary o.o
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 19:21   Link #1464
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I hope that they reveal the reason why she was named "Retsu" (烈. violent).
Is she like Fairy Tail's Mirajane, a demon concealed under the guise of calm beauty?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 19:37   Link #1465
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Is she like Fairy Tail's Mirajane, a demon concealed under the guise of calm beauty?
yes it's true you're right "Retsu" I think Kubo has not chosen by accident to name it

and as the saying puts it: "do not be fooled by appearances"
and who knows Unohana probably learned to mastered when it starts to get excited
and yes but I think Unohana is probably a lot scarier than Mirajane hihihi

Quote:
hell yeah! her hair is supposed to become unbraided this arc too. If that isn't a sign that she's going to go ballistic, I dunno what is lol. Plus back when Bach was explaining the origins of the Gotei 13 and the silhouettes of Yamamoto leading his gang of thugs was shown, some people speculated one of the silhouettes (woman...more or less) could have been Unohana. That'd be funny and scary o.o
yes it's true I read some write her, it is true that when I look at myself I see a silhouette with long hair so yes it may be Unohana, who was part of the ultra violent gang of Yamamoto at the time it would be too great if it was

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2012-11-08 at 19:48.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 00:44   Link #1466
chancs

Soifon cracked and that one eyed one looks weird
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 01:12   Link #1467
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
Soifon cracked and that one eyed one looks weird
Yes it has not succeeded in retaining his anger
Old 2012-11-09, 03:15   Link #1468
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

I want byakuya dead. simple as.
only thing good I have to say about this chapter was the chibi drawings of ichigo were adorable and kind of reminded me of the art style used in the ao no exorcist manga. also ichigo and rukia having dialogue together was nice

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 03:17   Link #1469
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
Obama will become the next Captain Commander.
please, somebody photoshop that.

Old 2012-11-09, 03:51   Link #1470
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Obama + Shunsui's eyepatch = Nick Fury.

"Because if we can't protect [Soul Society], you can be damned well sure we'll avenge it!"
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 15:43   Link #1471
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Retsu Unohana can be translated as "a flower violent"?
*O*
Old 2012-11-09, 23:20   Link #1472
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Obama + Shunsui's eyepatch = Nick Fury.

"Because if we can't protect [Soul Society], you can be damned well sure we'll avenge it!"
ok now hat HAS to be photo shopped. XD

Old 2012-11-10, 00:13   Link #1473
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Retsu Unohana can be translated as "a flower violent"?
*O*
Best I can make it out is "Violent early morning flower" (卯ノ花烈).

Sounds like me if you dare to wake me up at some ungodly hour.
Old 2012-11-10, 10:06   Link #1474
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

like before 1pm?! that's weird.

Old 2012-11-10, 12:14   Link #1475
itachi-san314

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this is already a given. she's been called scary by other captains and kubo has teased us with scary looks and strong people backing down all the time. a simple healer, however skilled, would not warrant those reactions. i'm pretty certain that she was once a "demon" like yama-jii and we almost certainly will see it before this is over. can't say it with 100% confidence yet since we haven't been shown it, but the foreshadowing is perfect for it
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 22:35   Link #1476
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
like before 1pm?! that's weird.
There was a time in college in which this almost happened more than once because my earliest class one semester was at 1pm. I couldn't really use the 'I overslept' excuse if it came down to it

In other news, people in the image thread just learned about that old Unohana pic.
Old 2012-11-11, 07:06   Link #1477
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

the good ole' days have gone by, so old pics are bound to be reposted :P
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 12:02   Link #1478
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Wowwwwwwwwwwww....all of those chapters with Nii's 'death' were pretty much wasted....

Weird chapter, though seeing Kyoraku obviously being foreshadowed for CC and Shinji with healing skillz has bought me back to Bleach for now.

Kenpachi's coming back; I have a feeling that this is how Kubo has him learn his zanpakuto's name.

Obvious trouble is obvious in HM: no way shit's calm there...Urahara and the Fodder might be physically fine, but something's up

Someone explain to me why the two characters who probaly got hit the least amount of times are suddenly near death? Rukia just keeled over and Renji got drop-kicked, which normally would mean shit's fine in Bleachworld. And yet Soifon and Hitsugaya are okly dokly?
Well, we know Rukia will wind up fine in the end, since she's already worried about Ichigo.

Shinji=Dr. House FTW
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 13:37   Link #1479
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm only ok with Byakuyago not dying because it wasn't really lead up to with an epic battle, it just sort of happened.
Old 2012-11-11, 20:11   Link #1480
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

sidestory into Kenpachi's head about he learned his zanpaktou's name...make it so!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter