AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-06-22, 16:11   Link #5761
Blaat

Group F looked boring beforehand and ended with the most exciting final group matches.
Old 2016-06-22, 19:16   Link #5762
justavisitor

England, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain all in the same half...You got to feel a bit for Italy. The reward of winning the group is to face Spain in the round of 16 (and possibly Germany, then France if they make it that far, and that's not even the final yet )
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 20:45   Link #5763
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Feck me! I finally caught the BBC highlights, and that Hungary/Portugal match was by far the craziest of the lot. After the massive borefests we have had in the tournament, they really picked a strange time to open the floodgates.

Spain/Croatia yesterday was a crazy confrontation as well. The Croats could be dangerous against any team now.

I look at Germany and I wonder if there's a lack of striking power up front. It's like they haven't found anyone to replace Klose as the one to bang in a few goals. Worse than that is Thomas Müller being goalless in his Euro career.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-23, 19:56   Link #5764
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

that icelandic commentator. i love the passion.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-24, 09:21   Link #5765
Bri

Who knows, in a year where Leicester wins the prems, Iceland might just go all the way. I'm sure there are a few bookies who are becoming slightly more nervous.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-25, 11:04   Link #5766
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Shaqiri with the highlight goal of the EM so far.

Too bad as usual it was our only one during regular game time. Again.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-25, 19:29   Link #5767
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Let's have some humour about the Euro. Courtesy of Eric Cantona a.k.a. the Commissioner of Football.

This is GOLD.
Old 2016-06-26, 04:27   Link #5768
Blaat

Brilliant thanks for sharing.
Old 2016-06-27, 06:33   Link #5769
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

So Messi can score brilliant free-kicks but he can't score a penalty. Bottler.
Old 2016-06-27, 15:59   Link #5770
Blaat

Wow two Brexits in one week, didn't see that one coming.

And Italy were brilliant against Spain.
Old 2016-06-27, 16:21   Link #5771
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I fucking hate everyone right now...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-27, 17:16   Link #5772
Blaat

Haak hopefully any of these jokes will cheer you up:

Quote:
For a small country on the outskirts of Europe, they started well.

But Iceland's quality is starting to show.
Quote:
The England squad cost about £175m, at least now we can spend it on the NHS.
Images
funnsey
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-06-27, 17:53   Link #5773
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

BWAHAHAHAHA England. Fucking Leo Messi's ragequitting Argentina and that isn't even the biggest football news of the week.

<insert Brexit joke here>
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-27, 23:09   Link #5774
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I couldn't watch the game while it was live, so I had to watch the highlights (and thank Clive Tyldesley for the effort on ITV as always). It's baffling how the England players totally switched off the way they did after Rooney scored. On Iceland's second goal... Joe Hart reminds everyone why he is so overrated. After that, the English attacks were so predictable and stereotyped; there was simply no creativity. How Roy Hodgson managed to remain for that long in the job is beyond me. People I talked with just couldn't understand some of his decisions (Starting with Sterling and Kane, asking strikers to take corners, etc.). Anyway, Hodgson's now gone and 2 years too late.

edit: I can't believe Marcus Rashford made more succesful dribbles in 5 minutes than anyone else on the England team after 3 or 4 matches.

For me as a football fan who is fond of natural rivalries, I was hoping for an epic encounter between France and England in the quarters. Now that it is gone, I can only wish France will take that opportunity to reach the semis. Iceland deserve full credit for getting as far as they did, but I hope it stops so we can truly enjoy watching la crème de la crème in the final stages.

Messi's international retirement... I take it as a major lack of balls that has no place to be if he is that good. OK, he may not be good on penalties, but that doesn't justify a decision to leave international duty at age 29 when he can still go on to win something before his body tells him to stop. I have seen players do a hell lot more with their national sides when those sides had a lot less firepower than what Argentina has. If Messi maintains his decision, then people will have every right to remember him as someone who didn't have the mental strength to cut it on the international stage AND who didn't deserve the Golden Ball in the 2014 World Cup.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2016-06-28 at 10:21.
Old 2016-06-28, 03:07   Link #5775
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Regarding Messi, I think he can't cope the pressure in his national team where he is expected to do miracle. When he missed that penalty, he looks like he is on the way to firing squad facing his death penalty. No pun intended...

Not trying to defend Messi, but somehow expectation is what make some people not performing on 100%. And of course, bad team mates too. I'm talking about you, England...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 17:51   Link #5776
justavisitor

Well, C Ronaldo scores the penalty kick this time Take that Messi !(No I don't hate Messi at all, don't get me wrong)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-01, 02:10   Link #5777
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
yeah, I thought to myself, "If Portugal choke on this one, C. Ronaldo wont have to feel guilty about it."
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-01, 10:43   Link #5778
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

On a different front, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has signed for Manchester United today and joined Jose Mourinho in their mutual quest to kick Pep Guardiola's ass. Apparently, Henrikh Mkhitaryan is also on track to confirm his move to Manchester United in the next few days if not the next few hours.

Apparently, there's a giant banner at Manchester's biggest shopping mall to welcome Zlatan. It's a way to troll Manchester City fans who put the "Welcome to Manchester" banner when Carlos Tevez signed for them a few years ago.

Spoiler for size:

In the category of not-so-good news, Arsenal Fan TV superfan Claude has gone missing and the London police are calling for help to find him. I hope he is OK. No matter who you cheer for, no one wants bad things to happen to anyone.
Old 2016-07-01, 15:52   Link #5779
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Wow... Wales defeating Belgium 3-1 in the quarterfinals. The way that talented Belgian team keeps screwing up is almost on par with England. Both teams have plenty of bottlers on board.
Old 2016-07-01, 16:00   Link #5780
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

I must commend the finish from Robson-Kanu. Unreal. One Cruyff Turn and they were all sold. Three defenders gone to dust, and Courtois beaten by a world-class finish.

Well, clash of titans it is tomorrow then, Germany against Italy.

Tags
football, soccer