Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-12-22, 11:18   Link #1261
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth
Flawed logic. This is anime about concert band and everything had been built up to the National. Based on what your said and your unnecessary concern of the animators's wrist, they might have as well skip all the music parts in this anime:
But this anime isn't really about concert band. Concert band has almost always been second to Kumiko's teen drama (except for those instances where concert band and Kumiko's personal dramas did intersect.) It's just like KyoAni's last music anime, which wasn't really about music, it was about a bunch of rock wizards bonding over terrible, terrible, puns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya
Speaking of Shuuichi, given all the hints, because the show gave us only hints of him, he does looks a great guy all around, so if I have to complain about him is not strictly about the romance that to me has been almost very possible from the start, but that it's a shame they left out a compelling character as him while I think he could have added up nicely with the story without deviate it from its main point.
So much this. He knows the whole Oumae family, and he understood what it meant for Kumiko to sight Mamiko at Nationals. They could've evolved a romance between Kumiko and Shuuichi ... but KyoAni decided it wanted to tell a slightly different story, about how Kumiko had to get out there and discover herself before she could truly realize the importance of what was sitting right in front of her. Perhaps the message the adaptation was trying to get across was that the grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side of the fence, it's just different grass. Recall that Kumiko came to Kitauji to get away from her past. And then after all the experiences she had, she comes to realize how important those things she was trying to get away from really are.

Quote:
About the result I also would have expected a silver, but this way felt more realistic. A bit sad for the third years but happy that Asuka got acknowledged by her father. Still I have preferred to see her more emotional, I understand that we are not allowed to see her cry, but come on.
C'mon, Asuka was clutching Kumiko to her bosom and burying her face in her hair. It's pretty obvious tears were shed.
Old 2016-12-22, 14:44   Link #1262
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
So, people made a big deal over Shu giving a small gift to someone to someone he knows. And when I don't even support him, I was thinking, dude this bro needs more time....

What? Does he have cooties or something?

I hate you all. Well, not all, almost. Thanks to those who didn't make the fuss, because I'm laughing so hard.

P.S. Great episode

Edit: Anyhow, I Will post for episode 12; in the meantime a preview...

Last Time on Hibike Euphonium Z2... (Episode 11 Abridged Version)

After dealing with Asuka's situation, which took not only an episode of soul searching and another episode of pep talks, plus Asuka actually giving a shit, we turned to Reina who was angry over being left out of a single episode. Oh, and she has a thing for Taki, if you didn't know and finds out Kumiko was hiding something.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2016-12-22 at 16:15.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-22, 16:35   Link #1263
BleedingUranium
Who has the most fun wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
You should give it a proper chance. The second half of the anime was so beautiful. One of Yuuko's lines in the anime was so powerful that it left a lasting impression on me.

If I am asked to mention my favourite 10 lines from all the anime I have seen in my life, it will be in it.

It's on par with Mizunashi Akari's "Mysterious things, when you were a child you used to think "They exist for sure!", but all of a sudden it changes to, "It would be nice if they existed." I wonder when and why you stop believing." or Sakata Gintoki's "Ironic, isn't it? How people without truly important things know about them more than those who have them."
Those are indeed fantastic lines. It's very high on my list, I just need to find time to watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I think the story from this book might be perfect for the movie, if they want to make another one. They can actually make it without doing Rikka novel. (but many details will be cut for sure)
I've seen the cover art, but which is that one?
BleedingUranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-22, 19:01   Link #1264
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Is Hibike Euphonium the first novel/light novel series that Kyoani adapt from the beginning to the end of the original content?

Now that I think about it. It's the first novel that also hot changed the less compared to the source instead of going full original like Chu2byo, PW, KnK, etc. Poor VEG will get the rape too because that one IP belongs to Kyoani.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-22, 21:57   Link #1265
deadite

Man if my kids were going to Nationals I'd watch them. Why isn't it like that in Japan? Where was Mom and Dad?

Also the flash forward in episode 1 sure takes pains not to show the left side of Kumiko's head.

Last edited by deadite; 2016-12-22 at 23:50.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-23, 00:12   Link #1266
BleedingUranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Man if my kids were going to Nationals I'd watch them. Why isn't it like that in Japan? Where was Mom and Dad?

Also the flash forward in episode 1 sure takes pains not to show the left side of Kumiko's head.
That does seem odd to me, though I suppose you could argue it was done for the sake of the story working out the way it's supposed to.

Clever. Didn't think to check that.
Old 2016-12-23, 00:37   Link #1267
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Huh? We get a pretty clear shot of the left side of her head after Reina calls her in for practice. We also get a far shot of her left side when she's running back inside.
Kinematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-23, 01:05   Link #1268
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
Huh? We get a pretty clear shot of the left side of her head after Reina calls her in for practice. We also get a far shot of her left side when she's running back inside.
It was the wind of change. You cannot see it because of the Kumiko fluffies.
Old 2016-12-23, 03:41   Link #1269
BleedingUranium

Preview pics are up, and I'm pretty sure that's a performance!

Title has been consistently fan-translated as "Beginning Of Spring Epilogue", thought I'd bet on the official phrasing being "Early-Spring Epilogue", to fit with the episode name structure so far (almost always two-word titles, they only aren't where it simply can't translate as such).

I can't properly translate, but I can summarize it. First line is that the third years are retiring, and that with new leadership it's time the band makes a fresh start. Second/third line I'm a bit unsure of, but I think it's saying that Kumiko is feeling unpleasantly lonely, and while she tries to think of why that could be, she notices her own feelings.

Asuka and Aoi together again, that's neat, I'm looking forward to that. Aoi really does seem to spend a lot of time on screen with Asuka, or failing that, talking about her. They're also both in K-ON! (Mugi and Mio), and that never fails to amuse me.
Old 2016-12-23, 11:36   Link #1270
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Episode 13:

The third years have retired, and the brass band club is making a fresh start under a new order.
However, Kumiko, all on her own, is feeling a bit fuzzy...
Giving it some thought, Kumiko figures it out why's she is feeling like that.

@BleedingUranium: you beat me to it! T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingUranium View Post
Preview pics are up, and I'm pretty sure that's a performance!
And it also gave away the identities of the new Buchou and Fukubuchou!

Edit:

The contrast in personalities would add spice to the club. It's probably Yuuko's energy that they were missing. The most important thing is Yuuko has become really close to those who would eventually carry the flag of the new Kitauji Brass Band. She was always close to Mizore and Nozomi, became close to Kumiko, wouldn't admit that she is close to Natsuki and we have seen she is wanting to become close to Reina.

While she has the tendency to let her emotion take over in certain situations, I am sure Natsuki will work as a Fukubuchou just fine by bringing her back to reality from time to time with her witty followups, as we have seen throughout the anime.

I am really excited for the final episode now!

Last edited by shanimebib; 2016-12-23 at 12:14.
shanimebib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-23, 11:48   Link #1271
ozgnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
How can you forget about Natsuki already? From the late interactions between her and Asuka, i am betting that Natsuki will be the new VP.
I got the impression that Natsuki would take over as bass section leader. I hadn't even considered her becoming VP.

Then again, we've only gotten to know a handful of now-second-year members of the band. As was pointed out, there aren't all that many left. Only one who quit the previous year has made an effort to return.

I think KyoAni has assumed this is the last cour of Eupho, so I hope Ep. 13 resolves the remaining loose ends.

I really wish some publisher in North America would pick up the novels and translate them into English. Reading them would clear up a lot of things.
ozgnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-23, 11:51   Link #1272
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgnp View Post
I got the impression that Natsuki would take over as bass section leader. I hadn't even considered her becoming VP.

Then again, we've only gotten to know a handful of now-second-year members of the band. As was pointed out, there aren't all that many left. Only one who quit the previous year has made an effort to return.

I think KyoAni has assumed this is the last cour of Eupho, so I hope Ep. 13 resolves the remaining loose ends.

I really wish some publisher in North America would pick up the novels and translate them into English. Reading them would clear up a lot of things.
Check my comment just above yours about the VP. It was a dead giveaway.

As for the novel, it has been licensed by Yen Press and Vol. 1 is scheduled to be released in NA in mid 2017.
Old 2016-12-23, 13:07   Link #1273
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Kitauji got bronze

I'm normally unbothered by conclusions like these, but season 2 has been a string of one "victory" after another to highlight how much Kumiko has grown. This doesn't thematically gel with the shift they started late in season 1, and the plot had the chance to go the whole nine yards but didn't

Also Asuka is officially best grill
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-23, 18:05   Link #1274
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgnp View Post
Wouldn't her not being the best (or most experienced) player be a problem for a section leader?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-23, 18:08   Link #1275
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Wouldn't her not being the best (or most experienced) player be a problem for a section leader?
Midori! I want Midori as the section leader! She is the best player amongst the bass group!
Old 2016-12-23, 21:27   Link #1276
BleedingUranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
Midori! I want Midori as the section leader! She is the best player amongst the bass group!
This is true, I'd give her my vote.
Old 2016-12-24, 07:06   Link #1277
Takigan

I see Gotou being bass section leader next year, and Midori the year after.
Takigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-24, 18:28   Link #1278
ozgnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takigan View Post
I see Gotou being bass section leader next year, and Midori the year after.
I originally thought that Gotou should be the bass section leader, but the show seemed to be hinting strongly that Natsuki was being groomed to take over doing so.

There's really nothing to stop Natsuki from being both VP and bass section leader. After all, we've seen the former president, VP, and "accountant" all doing double-duty as being section leaders.
ozgnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-24, 18:56   Link #1279
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

But a section leader's supposed to lead the section rehearsals and guide the younger students. Is Natsuki qualified to do that?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-24, 19:10   Link #1280
Gravitas Free Zone

Natsuki's year of better experiences on the heels of her first year in the slacker Kitauji band should give her a good base of experience to work with if she does take the section leader role. She was also a strong advocate during the Nozomi situation, even if she was unknowingly walking into a minefield.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2016-12-24 at 19:50.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote