AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-01, 03:24   Link #6121
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Spoiler for long rant is long:
So long story short: The Jacket is highly effective against magical attacks, less against physical attack, and nearly useless against physically enhanced attacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Opps. My bad. Sorry about that. The point that RH's origin is still a mystery stands though.
Depends. All the grunts are using devices akin to Raising Heart, so it's a simple step to say that Raising Heart is a standard Mid-type device that got heavily modified down the line.

It's a theory that has visual support, while any other conspiracy theory... well... doesn't.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 03:35   Link #6122
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 37
@Kha and tshouryuu

Why do you guys say that Mach Caliber is a Belka-typ?
Mach Caliber is classified as 'Intelligent / Equip' and thus Midchilda-typ.

You are forgetting Revolver Knuckle! (and this one is a complete neutral Device, as it is only cassified as 'Equip'. Not Intelligent, not Armed, not even Storage.)


And I am stupid btw!

I was so happy that Keroko may have right with the 'white is AAS and blue is Fleet' thing that I completely forgott about the difference in skirts on the uniforms with round knobs (one colored skirts) and hollow knobs (skirts feature stripe on the lower edge).
But now it came back to bite me... Maybe the round ones are something complete different... neither fleet nor AAS.
But they are to close to the white uniforms (in fact if you only look only at the line art there is no difference between the white ones and the 'blue with round' ones.)

I so starting to hope the new mangas will provide some extra information about that.
__________________
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 03:39   Link #6123
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Outer Cadia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Depends. All the grunts are using devices akin to Raising Heart, so it's a simple step to say that Raising Heart is a standard Mid-type device that got heavily modified down the line.

It's a theory that has visual support, while any other conspiracy theory... well... doesn't.
I have to check Season 1 episode1/2 and correct me if I'm wrong but I thought how Raising Heart looks is because Nanoha imagine her to look like that... or is that the barrier jacket only?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
@Kha and tshouryuu

Why do you guys say that Mach Caliber is a Belka-typ?
Mach Caliber is classified as 'Intelligent / Equip' and thus Midchilda-typ.

You are forgetting Revolver Knuckle! (and this one is a complete neutral Device, as it is only cassified as 'Equip'. Not Intelligent, not Armed, not even Storage.)


And I am stupid btw!

I was so happy that Keroko may have right with the 'white is AAS and blue is Fleet' thing that I completely forgott about the difference in skirts on the uniforms with round knobs (one colored skirts) and hollow knobs (skirts feature stripe on the lower edge).
But now it came back to bite me... Maybe the round ones are something complete different... neither fleet nor AAS.
But they are to close to the white uniforms (in fact if you only look only at the line art there is no difference between the white ones and the 'blue with round' ones.)

I so starting to hope the new mangas will provide some extra information about that.
Actually you misread my point. I said devices are typeless. No Mid type, no Belka type. What Sigil appears depends on the owner and since Subaru is a Neo-belka user, the Belka type Sigil appears.

Simply put: Devices = No magic type.
Sigil = Depends on mage.

Last edited by tshouryuu; 2009-04-01 at 03:51.
tshouryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 03:58   Link #6124
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 37
I drew the wrong conclusions from the context then, my bad.

And you are right about RH was given form by Nanoha.
After activation, Yuuno told Nanoha to use the magic to form her staff and armor, wich Nanoha did (strangly she had a much clearer image from RH than from her BJ).
__________________
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 04:09   Link #6125
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
I have to check Season 1 episode1/2 and correct me if I'm wrong but I thought how Raising Heart looks is because Nanoha imagine her to look like that... or is that the barrier jacket only?
Oh, she imagined Raising Heart's first form all right, but her 'shooting mode' was not something she imagined. Heck, it wasn't even something she knew Raising Heart had. And it's that second mode that has a very strong resemblance to the standard Mid type devices.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 04:12   Link #6126
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 346Pro
Age: 35
*pulls himself together after being brutally gunned down*

Too much yan actually hurts... D=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
@Kha and tshouryuu

Why do you guys say that Mach Caliber is a Belka-typ?
Mach Caliber is classified as 'Intelligent / Equip' and thus Midchilda-typ.

You are forgetting Revolver Knuckle! (and this one is a complete neutral Device, as it is only cassified as 'Equip'. Not Intelligent, not Armed, not even Storage.)
WTF is an Equip? A piece of gear that has a Use function on it? And it works just like an Armed too. XD

I forgot what in the world is Mach Caliber, but I guess that reminds me then. Interestingly, there isn't anything to deny Shou's preposition too. I think. Unless I'm forgetting something again.

Oh course I'm not going to outright say Shou is right in case somebody out there gets ideas. We still need more information.
__________________
白露型駆逐艦の4番艦、夕立です。第三次ソロモン海戦では、けっこう頑張ったっぽい★?
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 04:32   Link #6127
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Outer Cadia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Oh, she imagined Raising Heart's first form all right, but her 'shooting mode' was not something she imagined. Heck, it wasn't even something she knew Raising Heart had. And it's that second mode that has a very strong resemblance to the standard Mid type devices.
Actually I think it was Yuuno that didn't know. I believe Nanoha decided it has a shooting mode and RH just reconfigured herself to fit but that brings up the possibilities that RH is of Mid Childan manufacture, made for a Mid style mage or the most remote and least likely idea, something else altogether(this one is just personal opinion and not fact).

Anyway, my point of bringing up the point that Nanoha decided the look of the device is, if she can do it, it stands to reason (poor perhaps) that the grunts' device look like Raising Heart because they want it like that aka they greatly admire Nanoha so they imitate her device's general looks as a form of fan worship. Alternatively, the point where RH is a heavily modified version of a grunts' device is also possible. Yet again, the true reason is that it could be none of them. We might want to check the devices of those mages that went in the Garden of Time first to see if their devices are similar to RH's shooting mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
*pulls himself together after being brutally gunned down*

Too much yan actually hurts... D=

WTF is an Equip? A piece of gear that has a Use function on it? And it works just like an Armed too. XD

I forgot what in the world is Mach Caliber, but I guess that reminds me then. Interestingly, there isn't anything to deny Shou's preposition too. I think. Unless I'm forgetting something again.

Oh course I'm not going to outright say Shou is right in case somebody out there gets ideas. We still need more information.
Let's hope I'm not right then. However, this opens up a whole lot of OC possibilities if I'm right.
tshouryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 04:48   Link #6128
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Anyway, my point of bringing up the point that Nanoha decided the look of the device is, if she can do it, it stands to reason (poor perhaps) that the grunts' device look like Raising Heart because they want it like that aka they greatly admire Nanoha so they imitate her device's general looks as a form of fan worship.
The flaw with this theory is that the grunts were using those devices long before Nanoha became as famous as she is now. Already during the first season do the mages use the Raising Heart-like Devices.

It should also be noted that Nanoha is the only known case of designing her own device with her mind. For every other device, or any other forms of Raising Heart, the design was created by mechanics. Season 1 was really the only season that hinted at this, beyond Nanoha's first and sole case, we've never seen this happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
We might want to check the devices of those mages that went in the Garden of Time first to see if their devices are similar to RH's shooting mode.
They are.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 05:21   Link #6129
kazenoyuuchi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
RH might actually be someone else's long lost staff as well.
Spoiler for Random:


This just ran through my head when I read this. No idea why though...
kazenoyuuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 06:50   Link #6130
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 346Pro
Age: 35
Raising Heart is what we WoW players call a Bind on Equip epic world-dropped item that was traded to Nanoha from Yuuno.
__________________
白露型駆逐艦の4番艦、夕立です。第三次ソロモン海戦では、けっこう頑張ったっぽい★?
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 06:59   Link #6131
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 35
With regards to the RH form being given by Nanoha, it'll be rather terrifying if she does the same in the movie, and as we all know, it ends up looking like a beam rifle rather than a magical girl staff...

Or will that be her preconceived idea of a magical girl staff..

A question of pedigree.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 07:37   Link #6132
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Katoki Hajime must have been a good friend of Shiro and gave Nanoha some gunpla as gifts during his visits...>_>
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 07:43   Link #6133
Jimmy C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Although Yuuno told Nanoha to think of a form for her staff, perhaps a voice in her head told her, "No, no, this is what I should look like in your hands."
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 07:51   Link #6134
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい?
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the Horizon
Age: 40
Like this?

Yuuno: "Seek in your heart the form of your staff and Trace it!"

Nanoha: "Er.... Ah..... (What the hell is he talking about?!)" (X_X);;;

Mysterious voice: "Here."

*A design blueprint pops out from nowhere and pretty much occupied every space in her mind*

Nanoha: "Ooh, thanks!" *commencing concept copypasta*

Mysterious voice: "Don't sweat it." *cackles*



Remember, children. Never accept gifts from strangers.
__________________

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 08:10   Link #6135
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 33
*years later*

Nanoha: I still wonder who that mysterious voice was...

Raising Heart: *sneezes*

Nanoha: Raising Heart? You can sneeze?

Raising Heart: [Don't mind, master.]
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 08:47   Link #6136
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Well, although Nanoha is a little mechanically inclined, let's be glad that she isn't really raised in Gundam lore or RH in her hands will resemble the zero system complete with twin buster rifles, if not the beam smart gun in form. Now if Half-life made it big in Japan in 1998, RH could've been the red crowbar of freeing the guts out of people...
__________________

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori


panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 08:59   Link #6137
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 346Pro
Age: 35
Why Twin Busters when she already has 6...

I wonder who bought Nanoha a Nu Gundam in 2015...
__________________
白露型駆逐艦の4番艦、夕立です。第三次ソロモン海戦では、けっこう頑張ったっぽい★?
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 09:17   Link #6138
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Well, although Nanoha is a little mechanically inclined, let's be glad that she isn't really raised in Gundam lore or RH in her hands will resemble the zero system complete with twin buster rifles, if not the beam smart gun in form.
This reminds me of the time I cracked out on Linith turning Fate into a Duo Maxwell fan before giving her Bardiche for the first time.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 09:36   Link #6139
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
WTF is an Equip? A piece of gear that has a Use function on it? And it works just like an Armed too. XD
Equip is a Device form.

I already mentioned that Mach Caliber is 'Intelligent / Equip'
Other examples for 'Intelligent / Equip' are Kerykeion and of course Blitz Caliber.
Raising Heart and Bardiche are both 'Intelligent / Rod'
While Graf Eisen is 'Armed / Hammer' or Strada is 'Armed / Spear'.

Well from what I figure out is that 'Equip' means that the Device is covering a part of your body (Gloves and Shoes)

Strangly Klarwind is 'Armed / Ring' and not 'Armed / Equip'

And if you are wondering where the hell I've got that from, I've got these descriptions from the official ID-cards.
__________________

Last edited by Kyral; 2009-04-01 at 09:54.
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 09:59   Link #6140
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 33
Well, now that the fires of debate have calmed down, I present to thee with great pride, The Little Mechanic:

Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.