AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2016-11-28, 11:58   Link #81
Brother Coa
Banned

I also saw many people arguing how Zero Requiem was 'stupid' because it woudl not solve anything in the long run.

I wonder how exactly when Britannia pretty much rule the world and has the strongest military force. The only difference is that Lelouch changed the country from the founding stones, reforming it to some degree. And with Nunally at the head there will be no oppressive Britannia.
EU is a shadow of what it once was and Chinese Federation is non-existent. And the UFN is an peaceful alliance. So I don't see why that peace would not last more than few years if world turned from expanding military conquests to solving all issues with economic power.

The way I see it Lelouch will be brought back becasue of some 3'rd power interfering with his plan to keep that world stable and peaceful. Maybe some new Geass sect that will gain political power? Or aliens?... It's really hard to come up with some threat when it was clear at the end of season 2 that pretty much everything in the world that could bw seen as a threat was destroyed.

Whatever the explanation I really hope it will not ruin the ending of season 2.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 14:13   Link #82
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Is Okouchi back for the writing? This his last chance for redemption from me after Valvrave (and Guilty Crown)...

Anyway, lelouch is back! I am in a dire need of some good mech anime and Code Geass definitely won't disappoint me in that regard.
Old 2016-11-28, 18:32   Link #83
NBG

I guess I should watch the series so I can hop on this hype train
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 20:46   Link #84
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Will there be more Villetta? If yes, I'll watch. If no, see ya.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 21:17   Link #85
AB079
Banned

Everyone talking about watching more of the girls, but nobody cares about our lord Spinzaku.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 21:41   Link #86
BPD Renegade

Whaaaaat? Why?

I'm assuming the big secret about how the "utopia" came about is going to get spilled or will be in the process of getting spilled. Hence Lelouch crawling out of whatever hole he's been in to fix it. Although, the resurrection/revival in the title makes it seem like he actually is dead and someone's going to be bringing him back to life.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 14:55   Link #87
wissenschaft

OMG, how have I not hear of this sooner. One of my favorite animes is coming back? OMG. OMFG!

*mind explodes

ALL HAIL LELOUCH!

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2016-11-29 at 15:10.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 22:40   Link #88
dark44

did they confirm how many years after i mean is there chance for old cast to be there or new set of characters ?
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-30, 03:50   Link #89
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
From reading the article on ANN, the announcement said that it's supposed to take place "several years" after the Zero Requiem plan, so it won't take place directly after S2.

Also, they DID try to make a spin off of Code Geass. The problem was very few people cared.
Hopefully they will take setting in over than 5 decades.
That would make sense for Lelouch return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Also, they DID try to make a spin off of Code Geass. The problem was very few people cared.
That because they didn't made spin off on alternate universe
The reason why Universal Century Gundam could squeezed off until Unicorn because Original Gundam has open ending for upcoming sequel left people for excitement for unresolved tales of Amuro and Char.
Mainstream Code geass has Lelouch as the face, would be a big challenge for Sunrise to milk those.
I for the one were among people who did not watched Akito because i seen Akito nothing more than a dry squeeze by Sunrise.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-30, 04:57   Link #90
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Everyone talking about watching more of the girls, but nobody cares about our lord Spinzaku.
because Suzaku is one of those characters who has done very little truly right.

He's a bandwagon jumper in the worst possible way and frankly he's a hypocrit. Sure there's some pity for him for the way things worked out with Euphy but that pity was short lived when he pulled the stunt with Nunally

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-30, 11:47   Link #91
Arkard

*hops* on hype train
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-30, 12:51   Link #92
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Hopefully they will take setting in over than 5 decades.
That would make sense for Lelouch return.
According to people who have seen the PV for the new anime, Suzaku, Jeremiah, Cornelia and a few other characters are present in said PV. So, the 5 decade thing is squashed already. The question is whether they were visibly older or not. The summaries I've seen for the PV aren't clear with regards to that.

For argument's sake, I expect the time skip to be anywhere between 3-10 yrs, until we get the specified number of years for the time skip that is.

Quote:
That because they didn't made spin off on alternate universe
The reason why Universal Century Gundam could squeezed off until Unicorn because Original Gundam has open ending for upcoming sequel left people for excitement for unresolved tales of Amuro and Char.
Mainstream Code geass has Lelouch as the face, would be a big challenge for Sunrise to milk those.
I for the one were among people who did not watched Akito because i seen Akito nothing more than a dry squeeze by Sunrise.
Tbh, Akito wasn't all bad. It had a pretty decent start and followup, things started going south from the third OVA imo... And well, the fourth and fifth OVAs were the final nail in the coffin.

Spoiler for Akito spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
because Suzaku is one of those characters who has done very little truly right.

He's a bandwagon jumper in the worst possible way and frankly he's a hypocrit. Sure there's some pity for him for the way things worked out with Euphy but that pity was short lived when he pulled the stunt with Nunally
We can't really blame Suzaku for ending up the way he did. They had to abandon the original script for R2, only managing to keep some of the content they intended and rewrite everything else, resulting in that rushed mess of a second season.

Spoiler for Space:
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-30, 21:47   Link #93
Malicre

Really didn't want a season 3. Code Geass had the PERFECT ending. He died in order to give the world peace but now this happens? ugh......

ill still watch it but i won't be happy about it.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-02, 17:20   Link #94
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do hope it is at least 10 years after. Not...like one year. While I do think the show was probably better off staying done, they could do some interesting things with it.

Suppose it couldn't hurt to go for a more...positive conclusion for the main duo. Or it could be a season that utterly makes sure that Lelouch and Suzaku go down in a big explosion .

Could work out.
Old 2016-12-13, 02:24   Link #95
konart

NT Jan 2017 cover (will Lelouch and CC dominate the ratings once more?)

Old 2016-12-17, 13:03   Link #96
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So...what kind of threat left for Lelouch & co to oppose? Pocket resistance? At the end of R2, they said the world is more united now more than ever and Nunnally rules the Britannia. Gundam 00 did the alien-route in the movie (which was thankfully a foreshadowed conclusion, so it didn't really came out of the blue). So what will Resurrection do? Make Schneizel snaps out of his geass and takes over the empire?
This video explain that idea in detail, there is indeed a hint of aliens in Code Geass lore.

Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-17, 22:06   Link #97
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
This video explain that idea in detail, there is indeed a hint of aliens in Code Geass lore.

I seem to recall a fanfiction written by a madman who followed that vein of thought and created such a story.

https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=86350
Old 2016-12-18, 01:19   Link #98
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

If you guys wanted to know where Lelouch was hanging out in-between the end of the first series and this 'ressurection' series...he was going out to Pizza Hut with some...acquaintances...
y'know, discussing multiple love interests and other weird things teenage boys do over Pizza Hut...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 04:15   Link #99
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
If you guys wanted to know where Lelouch was hanging out in-between the end of the first series and this 'ressurection' series...he was going out to Pizza Hut with some...acquaintances...
y'know, discussing multiple love interests and other weird things teenage boys do over Pizza Hut...
*'What is love' can be heard in the background*
Old 2016-12-18, 05:36   Link #100
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...I should get drunk and write this fanfic now, shouldn't I?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote