AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-04-12, 13:52   Link #2881
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
In X/Y you can catch him in the grass next to the first gyms town, outside of D/P/P he is catchable in the grass in all of the rest of the games he appear in.
I'm not talking about where he is catch-able, but that I always knew that, if Ash were to get a Lucario/Riolu, it would be as a special event instead of a wild encounter because of the connection he has with that Pokemon species after the movie.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-12, 14:11   Link #2882
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I'm not talking about where he is catch-able, but that I always knew that, if Ash were to get a Lucario/Riolu, it would be as a special event instead of a wild encounter because of the connection he has with that Pokemon species after the movie.
I know, but at this point it's obvious it is just being done for the fanservice possibly (I don't really know) due to low viewership which sadly makes the acquisition feel cheap and unearned.

I say this as someone who's number one favorite Pokemon is Lucario btw.
Old 2020-04-12, 14:51   Link #2883
Twi

Is the viewership really that low?
Old 2020-04-12, 15:59   Link #2884
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
I know, but at this point it's obvious it is just being done for the fanservice possibly (I don't really know) due to low viewership which sadly makes the acquisition feel cheap and unearned.

I say this as someone who's number one favorite Pokemon is Lucario btw.
This whole season feels like Ash fanservice. I counted it out and honestly Go has something like 36 pokemon already which is near the number Ash does. Ash hasn't caught anything but when he does it's the firepower fans have begged for in years. I haven't watched an episode of it (though Korrina's return might make me reconsider) but it's just dumb.

By the way if we're talking ideas i think he'll get Tyranitar from the Larvitar he had a while back.

Still this season is just a fail

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-13, 03:13   Link #2885
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
This whole season feels like Ash fanservice. I counted it out and honestly Go has something like 36 pokemon already which is near the number Ash does. Ash hasn't caught anything but when he does it's the firepower fans have begged for in years. I haven't watched an episode of it (though Korrina's return might make me reconsider) but it's just dumb.

By the way if we're talking ideas i think he'll get Tyranitar from the Larvitar he had a while back.

Still this season is just a fail
well that was faster than i thought korrina is coming back in episode 25. I wonder if she in the World championship master class
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-13, 06:12   Link #2886
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Is the viewership really that low?
To be fair, that's just me ass-uming it must be because of the fanfiction tier team they are giving Ash this season. I definitely am interested in seeing if my assumption holds up though.
Old 2020-04-13, 07:16   Link #2887
grecefar

It will be funny when he release all of them at the end of the season
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-13, 07:38   Link #2888
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
To be fair, that's just me ass-uming it must be because of the fanfiction tier team they are giving Ash this season. I definitely am interested in seeing if my assumption holds up though.
Sun & Moon consistently ranked in Top 10. However, a timeslot change happened and it moved from Thursday 18:55 to Sunday 18:00. After that, it rarely ranked and its houshold ratings were cut in half at the bare minimum. Pocket Monsters only ranked once so far, with the Battle Frontier episode. The ratings didn't improve, that episode had the same one as the Sun & Moon finale.

What hurt the franchise the most is the timeslot change, which fanservice can't seem to salvage. It doesn't help in my opinion that the season has less stakes than Sun & Moon.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-13, 09:35   Link #2889
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Sun & Moon consistently ranked in Top 10. However, a timeslot change happened and it moved from Thursday 18:55 to Sunday 18:00. After that, it rarely ranked and its houshold ratings were cut in half at the bare minimum. Pocket Monsters only ranked once so far, with the Battle Frontier episode. The ratings didn't improve, that episode had the same one as the Sun & Moon finale.

What hurt the franchise the most is the timeslot change, which fanservice can't seem to salvage. It doesn't help in my opinion that the season has less stakes than Sun & Moon.
high stakes about what exactly? also do you think korrina is one of the master class champions in the PWC? or is she much lower
Old 2020-04-13, 12:07   Link #2890
WingedAccelerator

Sun & Moon got criticized for not having stakes, because "Ash is in school lol". But Ash still went along the Island Challange, and the season also managed to squeeze out a league challange, even if it can be criticized. So there was linear progression like usual with all of the slice of life comfyness.

Pocket Monsters are random, most of the time just episodic adventures using fan favorite pokémon or characters for fanservice.

I don't think Korrina is among the master class champions. Lance, Leon, Raihan are there, so I expect the other champions and 8th Gym Leaders for the chosen elite. Steven, Cynthia, Diantha most likely, Clair, Volkner, Wallace, Iris are possible, Gary with extreme fanservice.
Old 2020-04-19, 09:06   Link #2891
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Sun & Moon got criticized for not having stakes, because "Ash is in school lol". But Ash still went along the Island Challange, and the season also managed to squeeze out a league challange, even if it can be criticized. So there was linear progression like usual with all of the slice of life comfyness.

Pocket Monsters are random, most of the time just episodic adventures using fan favorite pokémon or characters for fanservice.

I don't think Korrina is among the master class champions. Lance, Leon, Raihan are there, so I expect the other champions and 8th Gym Leaders for the chosen elite. Steven, Cynthia, Diantha most likely, Clair, Volkner, Wallace, Iris are possible, Gary with extreme fanservice.
and now pokemon go on hiatus because of the COVID 19 starting next week
Old 2020-04-20, 09:11   Link #2892
WingedAccelerator

Well, at least this season doesn't have to fear scrapped plotlines like what happened to Best Wishes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmlIiSRNelE
Old 2020-04-20, 09:22   Link #2893
ImperialFlameGod8190

This one just has to worry about the fact it's basically wish fulfillment with Ash while his partner appears to be just there to remind us that Ash really fails as a trainer with the number of Pokemon he didn't capture

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-20, 09:37   Link #2894
Twi

Go's a filthy casual. Ash is competitive.
Old 2020-04-20, 11:55   Link #2895
Chosen_Hero

I'm thinking of starting to watch the anime from the very beginning up to Sinnoh, just to get a feel for how good the Pokemon anime used to be. Heck, if I had the means I would even do a let's watch on Twitch or something.
Old 2020-08-22, 16:12   Link #2896
Kurohane

Quote:
PM2019 35: ピカチュウゲットだぜ/Pikachu get da ze/I Got Pikachu
There's a Pikachu Outbreak-chu!! Satoshi's Pikachu finally evolves into a Raichu?! During a new investigation, Go attempts to get a Pikachu and ends up meeting a very obliging female one!

Summary:
As Go watches Satoshi and Pikachu, he suddenly realizes he wants to get a Pikachu of his own! The laboratory head, Sakuragi, tells him about an outbreak of Pikachu, so he decides to immediately head there to investigate. A lot of Pikachu have been digging "Thunderstones" out of the rock face and used their power to evolve into Raichu... and then Satoshi's Pikachu finally evolves into a Raichu as well thanks to a "Thunderstone" discovered by a very obliging female Pikachu?!
........What

What?

WHAT?!
Old 2020-08-22, 17:04   Link #2897
grecefar

I doubt it.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-22, 22:01   Link #2898
X207
Gamyūsa

the new series isnt the strongest of all series but it already ranks higher than sun and moon. there was easily 1/3 of sun moon eps where i just skipped over simply because they were too boring or dumb to watch. there were good eps and the league eps were good.

pocket monsters is a bit disjointed but i have more interest in that than 80% of the sun moon eps when those aired. ash and gou's team are also to my liking as for their battle pokemon: Ash-Kanto fetch'd (not alolan.....), future Lucario Gou: Flygon. one of them just needs to add Gardevoir to the team and ash to recall his Gliscor...

Last edited by X207; 2020-08-22 at 22:48.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-13, 17:55   Link #2899
Chosen_Hero

So somehow Pokemon Go season found a way to gut Galar of any and all charm it had and distilled it into just the Eternatus battle, completely and utterly disregarding the best part of the games (the Pokemon Gym challenge itself) and making it so that Leon is somehow the default best trainer not in just Galar (as he should be) but the entire world for some reason making his whole unbeatable shtick sound more annoying than it was.

We could have finally had the best gym challenges on the series if they had sticked closely to the games and made it so Ash was endorsed by Prof. Oak to participate in the Galar League as a challenger. We could have had a multitude of new and old possible great rivals for him to face, we could have ACTUALLY EXPLORED THE GALAR REGION LIKE HOW PAST SEASONS DID IT, but no, they wasted Galar in the shittiest way possible and made Pokemon Go the damn main plot because fuck consistency along with the plot, I guess.

What a waste.
Old 2020-11-14, 12:08   Link #2900
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, I definitely saw Pokemon GO being promoted with the anime very recently... the way I'm looking at it is, mobile games have been big in Japan for a while, and why build a new, well-functioning mobile game when a crappy version that people are paying money for (in terms of items and special events) already exists?

Now it's becoming a case of the anime promoting the mobile game.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote