Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-03-05, 00:00   Link #2761
Dual Blades
Moonlight Editor

Location: In the North where people ride polar bears and live in Igloos
Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
After watching episode 21, I'm going to have to re-ask this question again.

Spoiler:
Are you seriously re-asking that -__-" Go look through the past several pages for the fucking amazing summaries by Aohige. Don't bother with asking questions like this unless you have gone through past pages.
Old 2016-03-05, 00:14   Link #2762
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

I asked because I had already read them but didn't find the answer.

I'm re-asking because the first time I did ask it, I included something that caused the person replying to focus on that instead, and not on what I was looking for. In my re-ask, I have removed that section so the focus is on what I want answered.
Old 2016-03-05, 00:52   Link #2763
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The identity of the Piper was never really revealed, although it's most likely a female.
(she contacted the boys at one point)

Her motives aren't really known either as she was never directly dealt with.
We are to assume though, that she simply has a professional pride in her work, and not tied to the motives of the Gods like you suspect. If she was, Rory and Hardy would know about it.
Old 2016-03-05, 01:00   Link #2764
coded321
He Who Games

was pina forced to become a slave?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 21:13   Link #2765
SolidN7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
was pina forced to become a slave?
Sex slave, zorzal guards gangrape pina, damn ntr

Last edited by SolidN7; 2016-03-06 at 18:00.
SolidN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 08:36   Link #2766
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Currently working on next part of book 4 summary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The identity of the Piper was never really revealed, although it's most likely a female.
(she contacted the boys at one point)

Her motives aren't really known either as she was never directly dealt with.
We are to assume though, that she simply has a professional pride in her work, and not tied to the motives of the Gods like you suspect. If she was, Rory and Hardy would know about it.
I said this, but I totally remembered it wrong.
The Piper actually makes a reappearance in book 4, totally forgot about it, and we learn her true nature. She shows up in this next part again.

Edit: I decided to post a new post instead of editing this one for the summary, as all this would be a baggage when linking to the post for the summary.

Last edited by aohige; 2016-03-06 at 09:50.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 09:53   Link #2767
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Summary part 2 of Book 4 Full Assault.

Spoiler:
Old 2016-03-06, 11:09   Link #2768
xShARkx

Thumbs up

Quote:
Summary part 2 of Book 4 Full Assault.

Spoiler:
Thank you!!!!

To me, you sir is the Oracle of Gate to us fans that don't speak nihongo...
xShARkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 12:18   Link #2769
xShARkx

Aohige,

Can you explain me something about lelei in this second part of the summaries of novel book 4:

"He goes over to Lelei who is staring hard at the cockpit and trying to absorb any knowledge she can gain.
She wants to apply the logic to magic, and one day achieve flying with magic. "

In the anime, when she fought arpegio, she flies using her staff.

What i want to ask is if her flying when she fought arpergio did not happen in the novels and only happened in the anime? Because in the manga and in the translated light novel , they did not show\described the fight yet.

If she did fly using her staff in the novels when she fought arpegio... Why does she want to learn flying magic by studying a helicopter cockpit? Is a different flying magic that she wants to create? Like flying without using her staff?

Thank you...
Old 2016-03-06, 13:33   Link #2770
Brother Coa
Banned

Ok, few things.

"The other nations neglect to take sides. If they side with Malt and he loses, then nations involved will be doomed.
But if they side with Zorzal, they may anger Japan, who is antagonized by Zorzal.
"

Hm... to side with a madman, who is also a racist, or to side with a country so powerful that it defeated Imperial invasion ,Imperial Army and their own armies with only 10.000 men.
Very hard choice indeed. xD

"carries in large equipment and excited to observe the stars of this alternate universe."

When exactly in LN did they learn that they are in alternate universe?

And thanks for posting short summaries again.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 13:55   Link #2771
xShARkx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
Ok, few things.

"The other nations neglect to take sides. If they side with Malt and he loses, then nations involved will be doomed.
But if they side with Zorzal, they may anger Japan, who is antagonized by Zorzal.
"

Hm... to side with a madman, who is also a racist, or to side with a country so powerful that it defeated Imperial invasion ,Imperial Army and their own armies with only 10.000 men.
Very hard choice indeed. xD

"carries in large equipment and excited to observe the stars of this alternate universe."

When exactly in LN did they learn that they are in alternate universe?

And thanks for posting short summaries again.
I doubt that in a medieval society there is even the "concept" of racism....

And Aohiges summaries are from the novel not the light novel
Old 2016-03-06, 14:12   Link #2772
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShARkx View Post
I doubt that in a medieval society there is even the "concept" of racism....
Well there is when you have races other than Humanity.
Old 2016-03-06, 14:27   Link #2773
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Aohige,

Can you explain me something about lelei in this second part of the summaries of novel book 4:

"He goes over to Lelei who is staring hard at the cockpit and trying to absorb any knowledge she can gain.
She wants to apply the logic to magic, and one day achieve flying with magic. "

In the anime, when she fought arpegio, she flies using her staff.

What i want to ask is if her flying when she fought arpergio did not happen in the novels and only happened in the anime? Because in the manga and in the translated light novel , they did not show\described the fight yet.

If she did fly using her staff in the novels when she fought arpegio... Why does she want to learn flying magic by studying a helicopter cockpit? Is a different flying magic that she wants to create? Like flying without using her staff?

Thank you...
Lelei flying is completely anime original.
In fact, in book 4 it's explained that many Japanese have asked Lelei to try flying on a staff or broom, but she kept telling them even if it was possible sitting on a stick would be incredibly uncomfortable and that she would never do it. She kept strongly refusing it until people stopped asking her to.

So that anime depiction entirely goes against her stance on the matter.

Quote:
And Aohiges summaries are from the novel not the light novel
They are exactly the same, word by word.
Light novel is just a smaller and cheaper version with pictures added. Text is the same.
Old 2016-03-06, 14:42   Link #2774
RDNexus

Smaller in the sense that each bulk novel volume got split into two LN volumes.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 14:46   Link #2775
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Thank you!!!!

To me, you sir is the Oracle of Gate to us fans that don't speak nihongo...
It's safe to say that aohige is the GATE keeper that let's us peek into the wonders of a different world

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 14:59   Link #2776
xShARkx

Quote:
Lelei flying is completely anime original.
In fact, in book 4 it's explained that many Japanese have asked Lelei to try flying on a staff or broom, but she kept telling them even if it was possible sitting on a stick would be incredibly uncomfortable and that she would never do it. She kept strongly refusing it until people stopped asking her to.

So that anime depiction entirely goes against her stance on the matter.
Thank you for clarifying this question .

Quote:
They are exactly the same, word by word.
Light novel is just a smaller and cheaper version with pictures added. Text is the same.
I know that since you already explained it before, but it bugs me using light novel to talk about the novel since they are different types of publication even if they have the exact same words and are very much a like hehe. Also bugs me when someone says that the second cour of gate is the second season when it's not .

PS: I also updated the PDF with the second part of Aohiges summary of Novel book 4 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9F...l2YmJNcUE/view <- also included the covers of the Novel book 4 in the PDF Also posted the summaries on mangafox, just letting aohiges know about this
Old 2016-03-06, 15:10   Link #2777
xShARkx

Quote:
Well there is when you have races other than Humanity.
The "concept" that i mean is in people minds, in other words, knowing that they are being racist with other people. What i mean is that in medieval times there is "no racism". People did not create the "concept" of racism yet.
Old 2016-03-06, 15:36   Link #2778
Brother Coa
Banned

In 'our' medieval times that is.

This is different humans than us (different mindset ) and different universe than our own.

They probably have different concept of racism giving how Empire treat non-humans.
Old 2016-03-06, 16:07   Link #2779
xShARkx

Quote:
In 'our' medieval times that is.

This is different humans than us (different mindset ) and different universe than our own.

They probably have different concept of racism giving how Empire treat non-humans.
Not so different since the empire is basically a copy of the roman empire, their ways and etc. The diferences that i see between our worlds are the magic, the creatures and the demi-humans the rest is about the same.

Indeed they treat the demi-humans in racist ways, thinking that they are below them and etc. But no one there know that this is racism, no one there is going to start a revolution demanding equal rights because the empire is "racist" and also no one there is going to point some time and say "you're are being racist" besides the japanese of course, if the japanese teach the demi-humans then they will learn the concept of "racism" and maybe try to fight it.

Indeed maybe they have a different concept of racism, but i pretty sure that is concept like "it is like this, it will stay like this, and this it is how it should be", in other words, empire and demi-humans thinks "it's normal" and most of them accept how it is.

Last edited by xShARkx; 2016-03-06 at 16:37.
Old 2016-03-06, 19:52   Link #2780
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
usage of the term "light novel" confuse the issue and is not accurate in the description, since there is nothing "light" about the Gate novel series, more accurate terms to describe the 2 different versions would be "hardbound" and "paperback" for the westerners. for Japanese, just Tankōbon and Bunkobon, the word "light" was never mentioned anywhere by the Japanese publisher, and like you said, the only differences between the two versions, AFAIK, is adding insert illustrations, cheaper bunko printing/price, and some grammar spelling corrections according to blog reviews.

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction