AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 16 20.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 20.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 20.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-03, 13:31   Link #81
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Instead of having them hunt humans for their PoE, couldn't the Guze no Ou "farm-raise" humans on certain lands and the Tomogara could eat those instead?
Old 2008-02-03, 13:36   Link #82
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Like Soylent Green
Old 2008-02-03, 13:39   Link #83
cnnydz
Feed me

lol, i think SnF tried that, when margery found the haridan she said that SnH built a city for humans and created the haridan to monitor the humans.
Old 2008-02-03, 14:03   Link #84
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

1. The thought of Yoshida blinking out of existence makes me absurdly happy. Hurry up and do it already woman.

2. The sudden little twist with Tanaka is nice, I like it.

3. Meh to everything else.

4. New OP and ED are superior to the previous ones.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-02-03, 14:12   Link #85
Phantasmagoria
*Author

I feel that Yoshida should pay more attention to her surrounding.. there's a better guy waiting out there *cough* Megane-kun *cough*.

She's a nice character ..

The "oh-come-on-do-your-job-and-follow-me" jab is getting repetitive ...
Old 2008-02-03, 15:09   Link #86
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
Instead of having them hunt humans for their PoE, couldn't the Guze no Ou "farm-raise" humans on certain lands and the Tomogara could eat those instead?
From a human POV, that's morally wrong.

From a Tomogara's POV... well, that's a restaurant for them.

Better yet, the death row inmates are about to be killed so why not take their PoE instead?

Honestly, to think that there would be Tomogara that would breed humans in the same manner as livestock, they are gonna need a lot of farms to surpass the demand.
Old 2008-02-03, 15:11   Link #87
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
1. The thought of Yoshida blinking out of existence makes me absurdly happy. Hurry up and do it already woman.
jumps on that bandwagon!

damn lass is just annoying now, it was bad enough hearing
"I won't lose"
"I won't lose either"
for the 1000th time, now she just chirps on and on about standing where Yuji is standing.
Old 2008-02-03, 16:40   Link #88
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I just saw this episode, and I liked it a lot. Other than the stuff with Yoshida (for once I fell she's being a bit of a fool---there is no need to risk her life for anything at this point), I liked the pacing of this episode. I also liked the new opening, which shows Yuji actually making himself useful for once. I am somewhat surprised that Yuji can lift Blutsauger in the first place, but I guess that's because he's not exactly human. In any case, I look forward to Yuji being able to fight for himself. 10/10
Old 2008-02-03, 17:32   Link #89
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
...I am somewhat surprised that Yuji can lift Blutsauger...
Actually, he was already able to lift it back in the last episode of season 1.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-02-03, 18:02   Link #90
Kisuke06
I see...

I think the best expression to describe this episode is 'calm before the storm'. And finally Yuji is going to fight, I have been waiting for this since season 1.

Also, I didn't really like neither the new OP nor the new ED.
Old 2008-02-03, 18:10   Link #91
Tiberium Wolf

I like the new OP animation. It was great. The song is just average. It's not catchy enough. The same about the ED.
Old 2008-02-03, 19:00   Link #92
jin07

I know it's already been talked about, but I just have to say it anyway. As if I needed more of a reason to like Pheles:

Yoshida: Why are you giving me this?
Pheles: Because you are a human who can use this Hougu. If you disappear, it won't hurt anyone.
Old 2008-02-03, 19:17   Link #93
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Thank the gods for Pheles, she just gave Yoshida what she needs the most: a way to die and disappear for good!

I'm more sympathetic to Kazumi this time around since she actually has a cause to angst, but I really don't need yet another "I want to be where Sakai-kun is." Yes, woman. We get the point. Now use that awesome hougu and disappear or something.

Otherwise, I love the new Yuji. He gives the impression that he's thinking a lot right now, but also calm and composed; not to mention that huge-ass sword is perfect for him.

The OP is hilarious though; lol, people standing on the school roof looking at the sun, and Yuji just holds his sword like he's about to fight.

And finally, Hecate is interesting. I like her reaction at the end. Bel-Pel is just the usual evil witch villain who's really really evil, the Professor a generic Team Rocket villain, but Hecate's more sympathetic than the rest of the bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
However, they tend to overdramatacize a lot of trivial events. For instance, the departure of Yuji's dad. "You'll be fine won't you?" Followed by overly dramatic shock from Yuji.
I don't think Yuji's being shocked by his dad's remark as much as he's deep in thought about the irony of the statement in his situation.

The dad isn't aware after all that their real son is dead, and that this son is in big trouble involving a bunch of lunatic existence-eaters, some crazy armor with a lot of eyes, an obsessive immortal lover, and a rare magical artifact thingie from that immortal with an endless pool of existence, so the stereotypically fatherly "You'll be fine won't you?" has a bit of an extra impact.
Old 2008-02-03, 19:27   Link #94
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I don't think Yuji's being shocked by his dad's remark as much as he's deep in thought about the irony of the statement in his situation.

The dad isn't aware after all that their real son is dead, and that this son is in big trouble involving a bunch of lunatic existence-eaters, some crazy armor with a lot of eyes, an obsessive immortal lover, and a rare magical artifact thingie from that immortal with an endless pool of existence, so the stereotypically fatherly "You'll be fine won't you?" has a bit of an extra impact.
I know. That was just an examle of the kind of moments I was talking about in these episodes. Sure, maybe 1 or 2 big shocks an episode displayed or repititions work. But, Shana overdoes it, having like 15 or so an episode. I hate it. It reminds me of those
Spoiler for EF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi
Me <3 Yoshida. Maybe she'll become a mystes so she can be with Yuji forever! Out of the way, Shana.
Old 2008-02-03, 19:34   Link #95
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Me <3 Yoshida. Maybe she'll become a mystes so she can be with Yuji forever! Out of the way, Shana.
If she becomes a mystes, she'll just disappear because she doesn't have the mighty Midnight Lost Child in her.
Though unlike a lot of people here, I hope she can remain alive (human) to the end and be happy.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-02-03, 19:36   Link #96
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

New OP and ED
Spoiler:

It's not surprising that this episode was comparatively weak in contrast to the end of the Pheles arc. We have to admit it four major events happened in the previous episode and went in the blink of an eye.

Still, I would have wished if the animators went focusing with Kazumi's depression over Yuuji in this episode exclusively, and not having to repeat it in the previous arcs.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-03, 20:17   Link #97
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Thats about the size of it...Take the hint yoshida and walk away from all this super powered craziness and go have Ike's babies or something...

Meh other then the lulls that always accompany yoshida's inner monologues it was an ok episode after all the insanity of episode 15. The OP helped though by getting my hopes that thing will finally get good soon...Crossing my fingers that im not getting my hopes too high.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2008-02-03, 20:47   Link #98
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for 16:
Old 2008-02-03, 21:23   Link #99
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
If she becomes a mystes, she'll just disappear because she doesn't have the mighty Midnight Lost Child in her.
Though unlike a lot of people here, I hope she can remain alive (human) to the end and be happy.
It's not like I'm out for her destruction or anything. Whatever will end those personally annoying statements regarding being too far from Yuji, wanting to be where he and Shana are, works for me.

Oddly enough she is connected to a few annoying things like the continuously brought up "I'm not going to lose" thing. They've hit both points home, thank you series. She'll either need to move on or go out according to Pheles in a blaze of obscurity.

Poor Yuji. Tries to look cool in the OP with blutsauger and instead gets called ridiculous .
Old 2008-02-03, 22:06   Link #100
UPR

The way I see it Tanaka is being a complete wimp and baby. Im not looking forward to the next ep. After this he should never appear again. He just disrupts the plot development.