Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-12-03, 22:53   Link #7721
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
The NFL didn't fire anybody, it was their company, which has a policy against player interaction, that fired them.
This is true. I worked at Gillette Stadium as a security guard for a couple of years. It's not the NFL that runs the security, but rather the owner of the team/stadium (or a company they subcontract it to). In my case it was the Kraft Group. I think they have to meet certain NFL standards and protocols, but that's it… and yes, there was a rule against interacting with players, etc. It can be especially relevant if you're stationed on the field during a game
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 23:18   Link #7722
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
This is true. I worked at Gillette Stadium as a security guard for a couple of years. It's not the NFL that runs the security, but rather the owner of the team/stadium (or a company they subcontract it to). In my case it was the Kraft Group. I think they have to meet certain NFL standards and protocols, but that's it… and yes, there was a rule against interacting with players, etc. It can be especially relevant if you're stationed on the field during a game
I thought the policies were only validated once the game is active. Once the game is over, the job is over and you are not are not violating any policies because you are done with your duty. Base on the testimonies of the two who were fired, they didn't request Brady to take a photo with them thus not violating any rules of the policies. They merely congratulated Brady on his play. It was Brady himself ask the two if they wanted a photo, it was mutual conversation between three people thus I fail to see how the two guards violated their job policies since the job description was only when before a game as well during the game. Its was a interaction initiated by the player thus the policies that stated "It is strictly against CSC policy for its employees to request photos or autographs from players" was not violated since the player offered it.

Also, base on the testimonies of the guards, fellow guards violated the rules several times as well as their superiors. Thus they were selective in them being fired.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 02:41   Link #7723
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

It was a part-time job, these guys clock in/out and they were still on the clock. He said that he was done with work, but he hadn't clocked out yet. Therefore, when he took the picture he was still on duty.

And all the sources I see says that it was the guards that asked for a picture while still on the clock.

Quote:
Christopher Moore (in the left photo above) and Joel Williams (in the right photo) caught Brady (whom we assume you recognize) as he was headed to the team bus after his media duties, and asked him for a quick snap. Brady complied, but immediately afterward, Williams told KHOU, the hammer dropped.

“Immediately after I took the picture, I got ran down by a supervisor,” Williams said. “They didn’t really give a reason. They said, you know, you’re wrong and you’re fired."
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7667--nfl.html

Do I think that CSC could have looked the other way? Absolutely, but hey. . . at-will employment.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 08:38   Link #7724
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
It was a part-time job, these guys clock in/out and they were still on the clock. He said that he was done with work, but he hadn't clocked out yet. Therefore, when he took the picture he was still on duty.

And all the sources I see says that it was the guards that asked for a picture while still on the clock.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7667--nfl.html

Do I think that CSC could have looked the other way? Absolutely, but hey. . . at-will employment.
Different Source

This one claims that Brady offered the photo shot and to guards couldn't decline the opportunity. Most other sources online I found to be very short and only outline policies and firing part. It didn't go into much in the situation before the event happen. To my surprise, Bleachrreport is actually one of the few sources that actually did.

However, this isn't about violated policies is what I am getting about. It is about how odd it was when they get fired when I see some security guards on national T.V. actively requests photos and autographs and they got away with no problems yet these two were selective in punishment.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-12-04 at 09:46.
Old 2013-12-04, 10:20   Link #7725
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

well shit, pay them back their two cents for the time it took for that picture...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 12:27   Link #7726
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Different Source

This one claims that Brady offered the photo shot and to guards couldn't decline the opportunity. Most other sources online I found to be very short and only outline policies and firing part. It didn't go into much in the situation before the event happen. To my surprise, Bleachrreport is actually one of the few sources that actually did.

However, this isn't about violated policies is what I am getting about. It is about how odd it was when they get fired when I see some security guards on national T.V. actively requests photos and autographs and they got away with no problems yet these two were selective in punishment.
That article (Bleacher Report?!?!) doesn't say that Brady offered anything. It just says that the guard wasn't originally looking for a photo, but Brady was so nice, that they couldn't pass up the opportunity.

And different companies have different policies. It probably is true that fellow co-workers was taking pictures with players, but these guys were unlucky enough to have a supervisor watching them do it.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 12:36   Link #7727
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
That article (Bleacher Report?!?!) doesn't say that Brady offered anything. It just says that the guard wasn't originally looking for a photo, but Brady was so nice, that they couldn't pass up the opportunity.

And different companies have different policies. It probably is true that fellow co-workers was taking pictures with players, but these guys were unlucky enough to have a supervisor watching them do it.
Doesn't really matter now. When discussing it, this is something we've seen a lot of times in Sports concerning Players and civilian interactions. Bosses and Supervisors are selective when they punish people. With how the game ended there, I think that played a big significant to how these two guards got fired. If the game ended in a not close game, most likely we would not be discussing this.
Old 2013-12-04, 13:51   Link #7728
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Sorry for double posting, but the punishment of Steelers' coach Mike Tomlin has been announce. Frankly, for once, I am pleasantly surprise that the NFL grown some backbone.

Mike Tomlin is said to be fined 100,000 dollars. Also, punishment is not done yet as the league may want to add more punishment by taking a draft pick or more away. Big Fine for Tomlin
Old 2013-12-04, 14:09   Link #7729
GDB

I hope they do dock a draft pick, but nothing higher than a 4th. People calling for a first or second (even a third) rounder are nuts. And this coming from a Ravens fan.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 14:26   Link #7730
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I hope they do dock a draft pick, but nothing higher than a 4th. People calling for a first or second (even a third) rounder are nuts. And this coming from a Ravens fan.
Right now it is debated whether if it is just a single draft pick taken away or more. Also, what are they going to do with the taken pick, are they going to give it to another team?
Old 2013-12-04, 14:38   Link #7731
GDB

Well, the only team they could really give it to and make any sense would be the Ravens, and that'd cause such a shit storm the NFL wouldn't dare do it. It'd just be a forfeited pick, like the one the Saints lost a year or two back.
Old 2013-12-04, 18:53   Link #7732
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Recent news for Jameis Winston. His court case decision is coming tomorrow at 2 pm. A lot of NFL teams will be watching this.
Old 2013-12-04, 19:03   Link #7733
sky black swordman

Quote:
Sorry for double posting, but the punishment of Steelers' coach Mike Tomlin has been announce. Frankly, for once, I am pleasantly surprise that the NFL grown some backbone.

Mike Tomlin is said to be fined 100,000 dollars. Also, punishment is not done yet as the league may want to add more punishment by taking a draft pick or more away. Big Fine for Tomlin
If the NFL does take away a draft pick, that may just cement Mike Tomlin getting fired this coming offseason.

Quote:
Recent news for Jameis Winston. His court case decision is coming tomorrow at 2 pm. A lot of NFL teams will be watching this.
Yep, I heard the news and will be watching as well. Been following this for a bit now.
Old 2013-12-04, 20:25   Link #7734
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Yep, I heard the news and will be watching as well. Been following this for a bit now.
Wonder how it will play, nevertheless, it is going to get a lot of attention to Florida State University. Attention that it doesn't want. Last week many were speculating that Cleveland was going to pass on Quarterback this year and aim for Winston. As well if Geno Smith isn't improving, the Jets were among the highly discuss teams that would be aiming for him.
Old 2013-12-04, 23:15   Link #7735
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
He won't be charged. They wouldn't announce a press conference 24 hours in advance to announce charges on him. And Winston is also heading to NC tomorrow for the Duke game, which they wouldn't let him if he were going to get charged.

So Winston wins the Heisman for sure now and will probably cruise through the NC game if OSU is the one there. Pretty good rookie season. Crazy thing is he can probably do what Manziel couldn't because of his defense and win consecutive Heismans after winning the first his rookie season...and probably has a good shot at back-to-back NC titles.

Since it doesn't look like our QB situation will be able to be really addressed this season maybe Henne will implode next season and we'll suck enough again to FINALLY get the number 1 pick.
Old 2013-12-05, 01:29   Link #7736
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
So Winston wins the Heisman for sure now
Remember human beings vote for this and by there very nature they are subjective...

Now what would really be interesting is if the voters were comprised of several women and how that would play out, but because human beings tend to be human I expect a ton of voters will not vote for Winston because of the events surrounding him, which in addition to being suggestive even if he isn't guilty, is somewhat a stain on the Heisman name to some of these "purists" that hold this award in such high regard...
Old 2013-12-05, 09:30   Link #7737
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Since it doesn't look like our QB situation will be able to be really addressed this season maybe Henne will implode next season and we'll suck enough again to FINALLY get the number 1 pick.
Hey now, all you need to do really is lose tonight. Then you'd be back at #1!
Old 2013-12-05, 09:43   Link #7738
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Yeah, but...how suss is it getting that Houston is in front then throws the game hard for weeks on end? I swear Houston is tanking.
Old 2013-12-05, 10:20   Link #7739
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Remember human beings vote for this and by there very nature they are subjective...

Now what would really be interesting is if the voters were comprised of several women and how that would play out, but because human beings tend to be human I expect a ton of voters will not vote for Winston because of the events surrounding him, which in addition to being suggestive even if he isn't guilty, is somewhat a stain on the Heisman name to some of these "purists" that hold this award in such high regard...
Disagree. The only thing they were worried about was if he'd be charged. Now that it's looking like he won't be I doubt there will be that many "purists" to throw off the vote.

Quote:
Doubt we lose tonight. And I really want Jameis over any QB in this draft anyway.

Tbh if we don't draft a QB this year and a team that doesn't need a QB gets the number 1 pick next year (which is very possible as we see the Falcons now) I can the Jags trading up if we don't have it to finally get our guy.
Old 2013-12-05, 10:27   Link #7740
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Doubt we lose tonight. And I really want Jameis over any QB in this draft anyway.

Tbh if we don't draft a QB this year and a team that doesn't need a QB gets the number 1 pick next year (which is very possible as we see the Falcons now) I can the Jags trading up if we don't have it to finally get our guy.
I thought that you were impress with Derek Carr.

Tags
american football, sports