AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-11-10, 21:14   Link #22641
silenceblade

This latest chapter didn't feel natural to me. Shia said that she would leave all decision to Hajime, however in the past she always wanted him to save others.

Anyways, if Hajime really did tried to destroy the world I don't believe the girls would let. When Hajime killed the fanatic devil citizens, the girls was clearly upset (in the end it was a compromise, the devil race was sealed not kill). So regardless of being Hajime's enemy, I don't think they would allow him to destroy a world.

I am glad that Shia has changed. Rather than wanting to save others, it is more important for the people to change themselves. That was the main reason I hated Hajime relationship with his class and the humans. Nothing changed in him saving them, only that the situation repeated itself. The battle with the mad gods also didn't seem meaningful because the people chose to follow them. What is the point of fighting for free will if the people themselves chose to become fanatics? In the end, the people of the world were still fanatics (it just that they were either trick into believing a fake god or were seal into a deep sleep).

Last edited by silenceblade; 2018-11-10 at 21:40.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 05:53   Link #22642
sierra117
Harem Seeker

i just finish volume 8 of the LN, damn the fight with the cockroach boss(es) was much more difficult and awesome compare to its WN version, i think out of all labyrinth bosses, only Hydra and Miledi's golem had ever force both Hajime and Yue in such difficult fight
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 06:12   Link #22643
RDNexus

Taking into account that one of the labyrinths got it's final trial cut shorts by the Demons and another just went BOOM before anyone even had it's chance...well...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 07:49   Link #22644
Huh...?

What i find more odd is the fact that Shia's first time with Hajime was cut out from the Light Novel version (instead, they just had some small talk and Shia remembering about her mother).

Wonder why it was cut out? Its not like Hajime & Yue's night activity had been removed from the LN as well.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 07:57   Link #22645
RDNexus

Maybe they intend to keep it an OTP despite the heavy harem context or something?
Old 2018-11-17, 08:01   Link #22646
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Taking into account that one of the labyrinths got it's final trial cut shorts by the Demons and another just went BOOM before anyone even had it's chance...well...
well, if you consider its difficulty, Haltina labyrinth is probally only second to Orcus(the former need to the challenger to conquer at least 4 other labyrinths before challenge it, while the later was intended to be the last one to be challenged after conquer all other labyrinths so the level of difficult is understandable
and no, the labyrinth under Holy mountain still exist until the mountain get nuked by Hajime with Meteors Shower, and entire Hajime party(except Kaori) had conquer it normally after Demon Invasion
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 08:29   Link #22647
Triok123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
What i find more odd is the fact that Shia's first time with Hajime was cut out from the Light Novel version (instead, they just had some small talk and Shia remembering about her mother).

Wonder why it was cut out? Its not like Hajime & Yue's night activity had been removed from the LN as well.
wat??? pretty sure wn was also cut out..
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 08:46   Link #22648
dimlik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post

Yes, which chapter is Shea's first time with Hajime exactly?
dimlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 09:28   Link #22649
FIBC

Shia's first time was after the conquest of haltina labyrinth. So it might be mentioned in the next ln.
FIBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 10:14   Link #22650
RDNexus

Did LN08 cover all of WN06's plot?
Old 2018-11-17, 10:41   Link #22651
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Did LN08 cover all of WN06's plot?
Yes, volume 8 covered the entirety of WN 6.

For the record, Shea's first time is never shown in the WN either. It was just mentioned briefly at the beginning of the next arc as Tio asks Shea about how it went.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 10:46   Link #22652
RDNexus

Thanks, @borisdrakoni. Given the extent of WN07&08, I'm predicting the Main Story going up to 12 LN volumes, 2 LN volumes per 1 WN volume.
Old 2018-11-17, 12:29   Link #22653
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Thanks, @borisdrakoni. Given the extent of WN07&08, I'm predicting the Main Story going up to 12 LN volumes, 2 LN volumes per 1 WN volume.
I think there's a good chance that LN 9 covers the entirety of WN 7 since there isn't a splitting point in that arc where it could be divided into 2 volumes. Plus, the author has been setting up for the final arc at the end of the last couple of volumes, so I don't think he'll drag out the ice cave labyrinth capture.

It's harder to predict how WN 8 will be handled. The chapter count is fairly high, and the chapters themselves are pretty long too. It could potentially be divided into 2 volumes with the Maou castle segment as one and the final battle as the other, or they could just cram everything together into one massive volume.

For comparison, here's how it has been divided up so far:

WN volume 1: 27 chapters = LN volume 1
WN volume 2: 23 chapters = LN volume 2
WN volume 3: 32 chapters = LN volume 3(16 chapters) / LN volume 4(16 chapters)
WN volume 4: 29 chapters = LN volume 4(1 chapter) / LN volume 5(15 chapters) / LN volume 6(13 chapters)
WN volume 5: 10 chapters = LN volume 7
WN volume 6: 14 chapters = LN volume 8
WN volume 7: 17 chapters
WN volume 8: 26 chapters

LN volume 1: 405 pages
LN volume 2: 413 pages
LN volume 3: 383 pages
LN volume 4: 383 pages
LN volume 5: 381 pages
LN volume 6: 378 pages
LN volume 7: 381 pages
LN volume 8: 446 pages

Personally, I wouldn't mind it so much even if there were only two LN volumes of main story left. Volume 10 will probably come out while the anime is airing, and it wouldn't be so bad to wrap things up then. Of course, I'm not going to complain even if it gets stretched out for an extra volume or two since that will mean more new content to devour.
Old 2018-11-17, 12:47   Link #22654
RDNexus

If you say so, I'll believe. I haven't read the WN, more inclined to follow the LNs, so I could only deduce from the little I checked of the WN volumes
Old 2018-11-17, 23:30   Link #22655
silenceblade

There something I don't understand. The labyrinth were created to test concept of the challenger, right? Shouldn't there be safeguard in place so the followers of god won't be allowed to take the magic there?

Freed completed the labyrinth, even when he was a worshipper of god. Well, the class was also allowed to gather god of age magic despite using Hajime's power.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 01:50   Link #22656
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
There something I don't understand. The labyrinth were created to test concept of the challenger, right? Shouldn't there be safeguard in place so the followers of god won't be allowed to take the magic there?

Freed completed the labyrinth, even when he was a worshipper of god. Well, the class was also allowed to gather god of age magic despite using Hajime's power.
The Great Labyrinths are there for all, even those who were originally worshipers of the gods. The trials are there to help people overcoming their weaknesses and the fanaticism they have towards the gods. The labyrinths were designed for the people of Tortus, so it naturally can't exclude people who worship the gods.

Moreover, I remember it being mentioned something about how Free wasn't this fanatic when he started out. That he was initially just a soldier trying to do his best for his country before losing his way.

Therefore, Freed was lucky in that, of the the two labyrinths he entered, one he entered before becoming a fanatic worshiper while the other didn't have any concepts which tested his faith. Had it been Haltina's labyrinth, Miledi's, Melusine's or the one at God Mountain, Freed wouldn't have been able to get the magics.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 08:35   Link #22657
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
The Great Labyrinths are there for all, even those who were originally worshipers of the gods. The trials are there to help people overcoming their weaknesses and the fanaticism they have towards the gods. The labyrinths were designed for the people of Tortus, so it naturally can't exclude people who worship the gods.

Moreover, I remember it being mentioned something about how Free wasn't this fanatic when he started out. That he was initially just a soldier trying to do his best for his country before losing his way.

Therefore, Freed was lucky in that, of the the two labyrinths he entered, one he entered before becoming a fanatic worshiper while the other didn't have any concepts which tested his faith. Had it been Haltina's labyrinth, Miledi's, Melusine's or the one at God Mountain, Freed wouldn't have been able to get the magics.
He was rather sorrowful at the very end when he realized that everything went to hell when he started worshiping the gods like a lunatic. Poor bastard was just another pawn.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 11:31   Link #22658
Algester

welp I can see how the LN will end with at most 10 volumes basically the entire last arc will be divided into 2 parts conquest of Shunee Dungeon and the final battle (Volume 9 might end to the part where Hajime starts to call for reinforcements basically after his ass gets handed to Ehito else where he makes the Crystal key and it's epilogue will be meeting Freed) beyond that I'm no longer certain how it will end so I may withhold myself buying volume 9 just to savor the content

and I'll laugh if there will one day be an image of Haltina's compass and it looks like Captain Jack Sparrow's compass cause they both serve the same function they never point to the magnetic north but to where the bearer desires the most

also I reread vol 8...

I'm disappoint.... that literally kills the gag when Tio's grandpa shows up

and well Lily is pure she's only a workaholic does that make her a pervert?

Last edited by Algester; 2018-11-19 at 12:22.
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 15:24   Link #22659
borisdrakoni

^Lily’s after story arc confirmed that her workaholic nature is on the same level as a super pervert. She’s unable to be satisfied unless buried in a soul crushing pile of work. Of course, there’s also that empire princess who ended up as Hajime’s maid. Yue’s theory is pretty much spot on.
Old 2018-11-19, 15:35   Link #22660
RDNexus

If I'm getting those posts of yours right... Yue deduced that all princesses of Tortus were perverts to some degree or something?

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel