Old 2007-11-26, 11:03   Link #501
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Ah fanservice

What was with the song in the background

Not a bad epi but we were just getting to a plot line and now this...oh well...Addy v Honami is always fun to watch.
Certainly Addy vs Honami is always an entertaining thing. Especially since how over the top they went just to make a hot spring. Can't possibly let one have the upper hand which causes widespread devastation .

But hope that we are returning to the major plot next week. Do want to know what happens with Lapis and that former Astral member. The title does seem to push towards a more serious episode so I'm not that worried.
Old 2007-11-26, 16:12   Link #502
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Addie vs Honami- woot!
Nice to see their imaginations go wild
Nekoyashiki wants to bathe with his cats at first he jus wants to get i with the girls
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 16:16   Link #503
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Addie vs Honami- woot!
Watching the two battle each other was definitely one of the fun parts of episode 8. In general the episode was rather fun. Save for the evil steam maybe.
Old 2007-11-26, 17:12   Link #504
Cyprene

That's not the 12th Light Novel.
It's an artbook.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 17:15   Link #505
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
It was so funny!!! the price that Honami and Addie wants jajaja Itsuki didnt had a clue!!
And when Honami and Addie were chating about how silly a contest is... just to run later! jajaja so funny, i love this show more and more with every episode.
Old 2007-11-26, 22:33   Link #506
FateAnomaly

I just hate it when the main char is still so oblivious despite Addy and Honami being so obvious about their affection for him.

Anyway why not just surgically remove his eye anyway, he is not using it normally anyway. Since it poses a danger to his life. Its like eye cancer if there is such a thing.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 23:09   Link #507
watta

I don't get why they showed some of Addys unseen summons in this useless ep. It would have been better if they came out at a real fight scene, with a cool first time entrance.
watta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 03:19   Link #508
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Fun episode, you dont want to be between Adilissia and Honami when they want the same thing.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 04:12   Link #509
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by watta View Post
I don't get why they showed some of Addys unseen summons in this useless ep. It would have been better if they came out at a real fight scene, with a cool first time entrance.
I'm not sure how many of those previously unseen summons are even in the books, so you'll never see them in a real fight scene.

I mean... "Crocell, Disciplined Duke of water bodies"? Surely we're not meant to take that seriously.

Then there was that silly line, "In Solomon's magic, hot springs are considered blessings of the goddesses." Think about that for a moment! Solomon lived in a land where they were much more interested in oases than in hotsprings. I don't think there are any hotsprings in that region of the world. And of course, Solomon was a Jew, so he didn't follow a goddess.

I would doubt anything shown for the first time this episode was actually in the novels. Unless someone tells me otherwise, of course.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 04:22   Link #510
FateAnomaly

Goetia - S. L. MacGregor Mathers (1904)

The Forty-ninth Spirit is Crocell, or Crokel. He appeareth in the Form of an Angel. He is a Duke Great and Strong, speaking something Mystically of Hidden Things. He teacheth the Art of Geometry and the Liberal Sciences. He, at the Command of the Exorcist, will produce Great Noises like the Rushings of many Waters, although there be none. He warmeth Waters, and discovereth Baths. He was of the Order of Potestates, or Powers, before his fall, as he declared unto the King Solomon. He governeth 48 Legions of Spirits. His Seal is this, the which wear thou as aforesaid.

FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 04:40   Link #511
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Not exactly the "Disciplined Duke of water bodies," but I stand corrected. It seems he is real. At least they did some research. I wonder if he appears in the books.

Now, does anyone want to tell me that they have hot springs in the middle east? I'm sure that Solomon enjoyed a nice dip in a hotspring, even more than a cool sip of water from an oasis. Sure....

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 04:43   Link #512
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for NSFW:

<3 Honami and Addi

I really need to catch up with the episode
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 05:49   Link #513
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Now, does anyone want to tell me that they have hot springs in the middle east? I'm sure that Solomon enjoyed a nice dip in a hotspring, even more than a cool sip of water from an oasis. Sure....
The evidence from other anime such as El Cazador and the recent Dragonaut shows that it doesn't matter what planet or country there will be Japanese hot springs.
Old 2007-11-27, 06:40   Link #514
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 8

Let me think of the kindest way I can put this. Hmmm.... that sucked!

I think this may have been fairly decisive in showing that Rental Magica has pretty much zero capacity for comedy. The timing was terrible, the jokes were mindless and slapstick, and most of them were the type we've seen a million times before. And it was repetitive as well. The race sequence just went on and on and on, even though it was the same thing over and over. And the writers were so lazy, they didn't even bother coming up with different fantasies for Honami and Adilisia. Is it really that hard to come up with something even slightly different for the two girls?

This show should stick to what it does best, IMO... whatever that is. It's not comedy at the very least.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 07:04   Link #515
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I agree it was a pretty rote episode, but I didn't think it was that bad. The show never seemed to strive for newness regardless. I just like the OP, ED and some occasional Honami cuteness. heh
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 09:14   Link #516
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm sure Solomon was just pretty forward thinking. He just knew that this anime would have a hot springs episode and Crocell would be needed . Do agree though for his time hot springs probably weren't likely to be around that often. But grey_moon has it right, in anime doesn't really matter where you are. If they get feel like it there can be hotsprings just about any place you can imagine.

At least we know it's important to avoid being in the blast radius when Addie and Honami have a dispute. Unless you've got a handy barrier to help you out it won't be pretty. Though if your at a distance can be somewhat entertaining.
Old 2007-11-27, 09:15   Link #517
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Old 2007-11-27, 09:40   Link #518
UPR

The best part had to be end. When Addy is talkin about buying the place and bringing Itsuki with her. Honami and her jealousy that was priceless.
Old 2007-11-27, 09:50   Link #519
Zippicus

Quote:
Not exactly the "Disciplined Duke of water bodies," but I stand corrected. It seems he is real. At least they did some research. I wonder if he appears in the books.

Most of the middle east isn't really ideal for hot springs since underground water is required. I know Egypt has hot springs and Greece as well, so I'm sure King Solomon had at least heard of them
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 13:37   Link #520
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

We are what talking about 2 thousand years ago? The climate of the world has change a since Solomon's time.

Also who is to say they didn't have artificial Hot Springs back then.

A pool of Hot Water heated underneath.

Extravgant? YES

But as they say it is good to be King.

And again if a spacegoing battleship can have a Hot Bath... anything is possible.

Tags
fantasy, romance, shounen