AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: GN-00?
GN-001 Gundam Exia 46 29.49%
GN-002 Gundam Dynames 53 33.97%
GN-003 Gundam Kyrios 39 25.00%
GN-005 Gundam Virtue 18 11.54%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-14, 14:56   Link #61
Westlo
Lets be reality

Good to see Kyrious move into second place, Exia is so "ehhhh" it's not worthy of second place.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 15:37   Link #62
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Good to see Kyrious move into second place, Exia is so "ehhhh" it's not worthy of second place.
I only picked Exia because if I had to choose one to pilot, that'd be it.
Old 2007-11-15, 02:47   Link #63
mikeabundo
mikeabundo.com

Send a message via ICQ to mikeabundo Send a message via AIM to mikeabundo Send a message via MSN to mikeabundo Send a message via Yahoo to mikeabundo
Only Dynames has the hero's Gundam as its support unit.
Old 2007-11-15, 05:04   Link #64
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
Exia is the "boss-killer" of the show, since we all know nothing other than a melee weapon can kill bosses. Heck, as powerful as Virtue gets, it can't kill the AEU's top sim battle ace with its way overpowered shoulder cannons. So despite how generic and relatively weak Exia may look, we have to rely on its "seven sword" to dispatch any non-grunt enemies
No i dont agree with this, Exia isnt a boss killer, infact he is a target for the boss, Exia is the weakest among all the other gundams, unlike the other 3, you wont be able to get close enough to even put up a fight, Exia is the only gundam with the weakest gun, we all know swords are old fashion and the reason why they put Exia in there is because the pilot is the hero and swords are cool. Its easier to capture Exia than the rest, even the boss are giving Exia a chance, they want the gundam intact.

Exia going in for the kill, i dont think so, why go in when you can blast the whole god damn place, probrably Exia is used to minimize damage and reduce civilan casualties, so it is used for only destroying necessary targets, together with Dynames, they can do that.

Dynames has a beam sword and Kryios has a grappling claw like hook if i recalled from the models. I dont think Virtue needs a beam sword, he can use his over powered weapons to blast down anything and move his beam like a giant beam sword just as the Ghost busters do. Even a top AEU pilots flag gets damaged without even getting hit directly from its beam.

If Exia were to be upgraded, it will need more speed and an invincible sword. More fire power will make it even more godly, but thats no different from Destiny.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 08:32   Link #65
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Exia for me too. Though Setsuna is somewhat "still" lacking when it comes to piloting skills but I'm pretty amaze on the stuff/moves he pulled off last ep 6. Just change it's color scheme and It'll look like a ninja.

Next is Virtue - Probably the only fat gundam I'll ever like............ever. Plus it's overkill firepower.

Dynames would be 3rd for me - Snipers are cool; but not my thing.

Kyrios - Ok it transforms. Just that; I don't like orange but I love its agility though.

I'm wondering whose faster of the tow; exia or kyrios. But probably it's excia since by just looking at it; exia looks more lightweight. But just lacking on boosters/thrusters.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 04:48   Link #66
-Wraith-

Dynames for me. Those new shields reminds me of SEED's X252 Forbidden and Dynames is its opposite - Scythe for Sniper Rifle

Kyrios is behind.. The way it transforms back to suit mode is uh.. uncool? Slow and not as nice as something like Saviour doing it.

Exia, Swords everywhere, including the armpits(from my point of view it looks he pulled the beam saber from it). Plus until now, it demonstrated its ranged capability in the form of a pop-gun? which nearly missed all its targets.

Virtue.... really no comment... Xtremely FAT!! Wonder how powerful are its thrusters to lift it. No wonder Tieria likes space more..LOL
-Wraith- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 09:11   Link #67
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
No i dont agree with this, Exia isnt a boss killer, infact he is a target for the boss, Exia is the weakest among all the other gundams, unlike the other 3, you wont be able to get close enough to even put up a fight, Exia is the only gundam with the weakest gun, we all know swords are old fashion and the reason why they put Exia in there is because the pilot is the hero and swords are cool. Its easier to capture Exia than the rest, even the boss are giving Exia a chance, they want the gundam intact.

Exia going in for the kill, i dont think so, why go in when you can blast the whole god damn place, probrably Exia is used to minimize damage and reduce civilan casualties, so it is used for only destroying necessary targets, together with Dynames, they can do that.

Dynames has a beam sword and Kryios has a grappling claw like hook if i recalled from the models. I dont think Virtue needs a beam sword, he can use his over powered weapons to blast down anything and move his beam like a giant beam sword just as the Ghost busters do. Even a top AEU pilots flag gets damaged without even getting hit directly from its beam.

If Exia were to be upgraded, it will need more speed and an invincible sword. More fire power will make it even more godly, but thats no different from Destiny.
well what if Virtue IS the boss? If we go by the I-Field kind of stuff, then maybe the only thing that can penetrate Virtue's GN Field is Exia's GN Sword
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 09:49   Link #68
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
well what if Virtue IS the boss? If we go by the I-Field kind of stuff, then maybe the only thing that can penetrate Virtue's GN Field is Exia's GN Sword
Maybe, but can it get close enough and penetrate its large radius beam? If thats possible, then all we know, Setsuna might be a Coordinator that can deflect all the beams away, plus with its speed, unstoppable,but thats not possible since he cant even deflect Grahams Flag weapon.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 11:45   Link #69
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Wraith- View Post
Kyrios is behind.. The way it transforms back to suit mode is uh.. uncool? Slow and not as nice as something like Saviour doing it.
That's half-transformation. He only need transform the top half to push the....well....whatever you call it...prevent it from falling to Earth.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 12:02   Link #70
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Maybe, but can it get close enough and penetrate its large radius beam? If thats possible, then all we know, Setsuna might be a Coordinator that can deflect all the beams away, plus with its speed, unstoppable,but thats not possible since he cant even deflect Grahams Flag weapon.
who knows, maybe Setsuna will pull an Amuro against Virtue The point is, in Gundam settings, according to Gundam logic, Exia which specializes in melee weapons is bound to be the boss-killer, and we all know it
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 20:15   Link #71
Nvis
Where are the good animes

None of these Gundams are my favorite. Not a fan of these GN drives since they're kind of weird(especially how Virtue uses them).

I'm more used to the conventional propulsion systems like in the other Gundam series.
I guess I'm still attached to SEED/GSD.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 00:09   Link #72
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
@ Honey_and_Cleaver

Spoiler:

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!

Last edited by Eidolon Sniper; 2007-11-18 at 00:17. Reason: removed link for not sure if it is safe as it could be MAJOR spoiler. D:
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 00:52   Link #73
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

I just really wished they started introducing more aces against the other gundams in stead of them all rushing to defeat Exia. Right now exia hasn't had one mission it didn't need to retreat from aces, where as i don't think i've even seen any of the other gundams been hit.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 05:13   Link #74
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

The Exia isn't really retreating from those aces, it is retreating because its mission has already finished and it didn't fortunately include the aces. The CB in particular do not go after random MS.

I have yet to watch episode 7, but from what I heard so far, Exia showed its true form in that episode...still needs confirmation though.

Old 2007-11-18, 06:58   Link #75
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

True form? What's it?
Spoiler for ep 7:

We can take it slowly. There's the reason why they let everyone goes after Exia, to build up his character development, as in ep 7. Although every Gundam has its own rival sound nice, I still prefer they have to work as a team to defeat a Gundam team more.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 08:00   Link #76
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Spoiler:
I would like to point out that Lockon was talking about Exia looking more like its "Gundam Seven Swords" Development Codename. He wasn't talking about any sword technique or code program to make Exia super powerful - a development codename is basically what the in-house manufacturing company refers to the machine while in development, a pet name so to speak. Lockon was basically commenting that the Exia now looked more like the ideal implied by its codename "Seven Swords" than it was before.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 11:46   Link #77
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

I know for a fact that it's a codename for Exia. But from what we've seen of the Exia by far...it has already unleashed around 5 swords? Or 7? In any case, I still think Exia hasn't revealed its real form as of yet. The way Lockon said it could be taken in 2 ways: the way you thought it really is (just a codename, nothing more), or it could be actually a code name for something else, double meaning, if you may. The Exia is shaping up to be the codename it was named for (Seven Swords), or the Seven Swords could be an upgrade (along the lines of IWSP, Deep Striker, that kind of thing) with which it could unleash its full potential. Damn, the Seven Swords could be the AD equivalent of the Zero System (and it's the one that makes Setsuna think that he is the Gundam, LOL ) for all we know. Come to think of it, I haven't heard the project codes for the other Gundams, and it would be really unusual for the Exia to be the only one with a project codename...which makes it even more suspicious. In any case, it is still too early to say that Exia has already shown what it really can do.

@ Duo Maxwell

Spoiler:

Old 2007-11-18, 20:51   Link #78
WhiteWings

I love snipers.
Old 2007-11-18, 20:54   Link #79
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Doesn't Virtue's backpack make it look a bit like a Virtual On mech?
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 21:36   Link #80
Cherudim Arche

Do you mean Raiden? http://www.emunova.net/img/tests/877.jpg
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote