AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-26, 17:12   Link #321
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep4:

Spoiler for Episode 4:
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 15:19   Link #322
xizro345
King's Justice

Finally watched ep.4. They're still keeping more on less on par with the game, there will be some deviations from next episode if the preview is any indication.
Old 2009-04-28, 00:47   Link #323
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
LOL Arawn's getting a bit of a harem isnt he and he looks so thrilled with it too XD
well...you kinda forget about the harem after a while, atleast in the PS3 version (i've heard the same for the PC version as well). The male characters were really done quite well in the PS3 version, much more so than the female characters. Arawn and Ogam are already showing signs of that in the anime, imho.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 07:06   Link #324
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched Episode 4.

I suddenly feel a little hungry for some crab. That is all.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 08:07   Link #325
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Watched Episode 4.

a whole bunch of 'king' crabs, but they can hunt people too instead being hunted...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 10:01   Link #326
donoghu

I always wonder why, when it comes to legends, we rarely gets something out of the ordinary. After all, mixing stories from other is easier than making our own stories.

In eps 4, we got one of the classic of the greek mythology : Prometheus, the god who gave fire to human. But, instead of the original name, we got the name Myrddin, which is a figure in medieval Welsh legend.

About Prometheus : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus
(I knew about this god since secondary school, since I had the homework of searching on this legend. Greeks really were mad, when it come to legends.)

As for Myrddin, which you can get some info here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrddin

"Now, I shall proceed to get drunk myself" (eps 4, 21min15) sound a bit... unusual and a bit too formal... Have you ever concidered saying this? O_o"
donoghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 10:17   Link #327
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by donoghu View Post

In eps 4, we got one of the classic of the greek mythology : Prometheus, the god who gave fire to human. But, instead of the original name, we got the name Myrddin, which is a figure in medieval Welsh legend.
They mixed and matched some things about that, but I cannot (and won't) spoil it for you 8P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Watched Episode 4.

It was an actual battle in the game (not that hard, actually)...I'm glad they didn't show it because I thought it was kind of silly.
Old 2009-04-28, 10:21   Link #328
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

^please dont dbl post, use the edit button, Ill fix it this one time.

Epi 4 was slower then the last few epis, not that Im complaining, it was kinda nice. Epona attacking Arawn was funny

Now I want crab and an apple
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 12:04   Link #329
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by donoghu View Post

"Now, I shall proceed to get drunk myself" (eps 4, 21min15) sound a bit... unusual and a bit too formal... Have you ever concidered saying this? O_o"
It may sound odd, but I think that line really was spoken with a degree of formality by Ogam because the Chinese subs that I saw also translated it in a similar manner. I guess Ogam is so wise even his jokes sound smartly worded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
They mixed and matched some things about that, but I cannot (and won't) spoil it for you 8P
I kinda like how they mix and match different mythologies. We've got the cast named after Welsh/Celtic mythological characters and elements of Greek myth (the Age of Gold, Silver, and Iron as well as Prometheus) in the plot, plus another well-known religious tradition that will become apparent later on (saying it now would be spoiler). It'll be interesting to see everything correlates with each other as far as the story of TtT goes.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 12:52   Link #330
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

This series is progressing nicely now. The first episode had me worried about the pacing being too slow, but after seeing 3 & 4 those worries are long gone. I am highly intrigued by the perspective this series is giving on "demons", "angels" and "God". But then I always enjoy when the lines between the "good guys" and the "bad guys" are a bit fuzzy.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 14:22   Link #331
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I liked the fourth episode. Got to their new home and clearly they'll have to get prepared for what is coming next. Nothing like fighting a bunch of giant crabs for a warmup .

Though think the situations surrounding Arthur had my attention this time. The reactions about being referred to as Pwyll's decendent and then the angels part. Suppose you could see the first part as just feeling disconnected from the past so would rather be judged on his own merits. But he seems to react a bit too strongly for it to be that. Something he doesn't like about his heritage? Then you have the part about an angel killing Arthur and Riannon's father. Definitely some things to look into on that side of it.

Things are moving along nicely that's for sure. More girls joining the fray but at least this time there wasn't any claims to be Arawn's wife . Though you never know when more will start being added.
Old 2009-04-28, 15:25   Link #332
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I kinda like how they mix and match different mythologies. We've got the cast named after Welsh/Celtic mythological characters and elements of Greek myth (the Age of Gold, Silver, and Iron as well as Prometheus) in the plot, plus another well-known religious tradition that will become apparent later on (saying it now would be spoiler). It'll be interesting to see everything correlates with each other as far as the story of TtT goes.
It's not possible to say in the anime, but in the game (PS3) they don't have a strong influence on the story save a couple sequences and in a sentence in the ending... And I hope they flesh some of the background people are noticing...They seem to be very important in the game but in the end they fail to produce any impact on the plot, hopefully the anime fixes that.
There are some differences in Epona's presence in episode 4 compared to the game, but I'm not able to give specifics in this thread.
Old 2009-04-29, 12:34   Link #333
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

For those of us who wish we were in Arawn-sama's harem...

- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-04-29, 13:27   Link #334
carmolita

I 'm addicted to this anime. Does anyone know what time and day it airs??
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 13:39   Link #335
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
For those of us who wish we were in Arawn-sama's harem...
That last picture of Arthur... Are you implying he wishes to be part of Arawn's harem too?

Wait. Isn't he part of the harem already?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 17:19   Link #336
Copycatken

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
I 'm addicted to this anime. Does anyone know what time and day it airs??
It airs on Mondays at 1:30AM (Japan time of course).

Watched up to episode 4, and I totally <3 Morgan. Interesting to see Mai Nakahara in a role where she doesn't have her usual soft-spoken kind of voice like in Clannad. Also, I'm kinda confused on what makes elves different from humans in this show. The maid elves in episode 4 didn't have the usual pointy ears that elves are associated with. I'm guessing that unlike humans, they can use magic?
Old 2009-04-29, 17:32   Link #337
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
That last picture of Arthur... Are you implying he wishes to be part of Arawn's harem too?

Wait. Isn't he part of the harem already?
He did lose to Arawn-sama
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-04-30, 01:02   Link #338
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Arthur must be jealous of Arawn, He slready score two hot chicks, and Arthur does not get any
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 01:29   Link #339
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I wonder when the little girl from the op and ed is gonna show up... she seems like such an important character to not have an appearance by now.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 01:50   Link #340
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Arthur must be jealous of Arawn, He slready score two hot chicks, and Arthur does not get any
But Arthur gets an old man by his side! What can be better!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox