AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-19, 22:10   Link #21
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
(I don't want to think of that possibility. It does happen, but traditionally it is due to the previous firm producing a sub-par version... a recent example would be Negima.)

Suzumiya Haruhi season 2 set in Disappearance would be my dream come true. Seeing a movie for 1 of the major stories would also be quite cool...
Kyoani BETTER do the second season or (as Haruhi would put it) "Heads will roll!"

As to the substance of a possible second season, I'm to the liking of volume 4 with a dash of Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, Endless Eight and Snow Mountain Syndrome. Mix in another original episode from Tanigawa Nagaru and volume 2 and that's a full helping of fourteen episodes.

As to a movie, is there any story left that would make a "good" movie?

Old 2006-11-19, 22:24   Link #22
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Break Snow Mountain out as a movie. Have season 2 revolve around Disappearance, with majority of Rampage and Wavering put into season 2.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-11-19, 23:38   Link #23
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Break Snow Mountain out as a movie. Have season 2 revolve around Disappearance, with majority of Rampage and Wavering put into season 2.
Snow Mountain Syndrome as a movie? It does have possibilities...

Gotta have Bamboo Leaf to set up Disappearance, Rampage has only Endless Eight left, and Wavering has Charmed At First Sight, Where Did The Cat Go? and The Meloncholy of Mikuru Asahina left. This could be 12 episodes with room left for an original episode and possibly the prologue to Intrigues as the epilogue to Disappearance.

Spoiler:

Old 2007-01-04, 09:27   Link #24
Woland
Latin Rascal

I finished Snow Mountain Syndrome and wow! That's some amazing stuff!

I loved the mood and the setting (I would have liked a slower and detailed pace in the middle, but it's me), and we have also some nice character development for many character: Koizumi, Tsuruya (Kyon is right, she deserve a real membership of SOS dan), Yuki... and Haruhi too shone trough the whole story.

Now I hope to see the anime adaptation as son as possible... it deserve at least a a 2-3 episode arc or, better, a movie/long OVA (can I dream? Even Something like Munto would be nice ).

Thanks again guys for the translation!
Old 2007-01-04, 16:46   Link #25
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland] View Post
Now I hope to see the anime adaptation as son as possible... it deserve at least a a 2-3 episode arc or, better, a movie/long OVA (can I dream? Even Something like Munto would be nice ).
Interesting that you bring that up, as I've been thinking that Snow Mountain Syndrome would be perfect OVA/movie material, as it's a very long arch (took me a couple hours to clear it) and it's not in the middle of any of the major plot archs like volumes one, four, and seven. Breaking it into two episodes and sticking it in the second series might work, but there's other stuff that needs to be in the second series if it's going to feature volume four as it's main story like everyone is speculating.
Old 2007-01-04, 19:58   Link #26
GyroidFanatic

SMS wouldn't work as an OVA/movie because it plays an important role later on. Endless Eight is the only one right now I could see as an OVA.
Old 2007-01-05, 09:38   Link #27
HolyCow
Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to HolyCow
Yea there's lot of reference to Snow Mountain Syndrome, especially in Volume 7, especially during Yuki's speech in Chapter 1. Guranteed, it WOULD work if they produced it BEFORE the 2nd season, of if the second season is only 13-ish episode long and doesn't cover Volume 7, then it would be a nice OVA.

Where'd the cat go, or Charmed, would make a better OVA than Endless Eight IMO. Endless Eight is kinda, endless, and is pretty repetitive for an OVA. But maybe that's just me ;P
Old 2007-01-05, 09:56   Link #28
ordnance11

I can see Snow Mountan Syndrone as a 2 to 3 part episode arc or a movie/OVA in it's on right.

Endless Eight is pretty much a one episode story...They go into a rut..they break out of the rut.

Charmed at First sight lover is also one epsiode.

Now, if they make Volume 4 the main story...how many episodes would that be?
Old 2007-01-05, 10:04   Link #29
Woland
Latin Rascal

KyoAni left a visible, and intentional, gap in the first series (Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody) so who can tell what they're planning?
We know all that something is moving but the lack of clear piece of information is frustrating Surely Kadokawa Shoten is betting a lot on Suzumya, so we can hope for something really good.

Charmed has a good potential, it's slow and not extraordinary for the most part... but has some damn priceless moments

For endless eight well... with a proper adaptation (some tweak are needed IMHO to properly fit it into animation without feeling too generic) it may work quite well.

Edit: Shoshitsu (Volume 4) would probably be wort of a 5-6 episode arc (like Yuutsu)
Old 2007-01-05, 11:14   Link #30
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

The material next in line to be animated is looking pretty good for Nagato.

1 ep) Bamboo Rhapsody - Kyon's remarks about how Nagato's changed...
1 ep) Endless Eight - Nagato gets bored, too, you know. T_T
6 ep) The Disappearance - moe moe Bizarro Nagato, plus the desperation the 'real' one went through
1 ep) Charmed - "A little bit"
2 ep) Snow Mountain - "What's really going on between you and Nagato..." "I saw you" :P

And throw in "Where did the cat go?" if need be to make it 12 eps.

Volume 2 would be fine for OVA material, since we've already seen Episode 0, so the material isn't really too important compared to this other material..

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2007-01-05 at 11:36.
Old 2007-01-05, 12:44   Link #31
HolyCow
Oyashiro-sama

But what if they're planning on making a 24 or 26 episode series, like what they're doing with Kanon right now? The Haruhi franchise has lots of potential, so maybe they'll decide to make a 24 episode series?

If they do indeed make a 24 or 26 episode series, I hope they include Volume 7 in it and not volume 2. Volume 2 wasn't that interesting IMO since we've already seen the movie and know what it looks like. Now if only they were to animate Volume 7... *Thinks of the dinner scene in chapter 1*
Old 2007-01-05, 12:51   Link #32
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I could be really perverse and assume that Kanon's 2-cour length is project practice for doing a 2-cour length Haruhi ... and that Lucky Star is an "easy project" so that they can prep for it.

But then I'd probably be pelted with rotten daikon by fans of both shows (even though I'm a huge Kanon and new Lucky Star fan ).
Old 2007-01-05, 20:04   Link #33
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCow View Post
But what if they're planning on making a 24 or 26 episode series, like what they're doing with Kanon right now? The Haruhi franchise has lots of potential, so maybe they'll decide to make a 24 episode series?

If they do indeed make a 24 or 26 episode series, I hope they include Volume 7 in it and not volume 2. Volume 2 wasn't that interesting IMO since we've already seen the movie and know what it looks like. Now if only they were to animate Volume 7... *Thinks of the dinner scene in chapter 1*
I agree it's a little boring, but some of the relevations at the end of the book are pretty important, don't you think? They should find a way to fit it in somewhere, maybe just condense the part where they do thel filming and concentrate on the final 2 chapters? They could cut it down to 2 or even one episode if they wanted.

Oh yeah, and stop bragging about having read volume 7!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-01-06, 16:15   Link #34
GyroidFanatic

They should have turned it into a short OVA and released it on the Adventures of Asahina Mikuru disc as a "the making of" extra.
Old 2007-01-06, 19:02   Link #35
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
They should have turned it into a short OVA and released it on the Adventures of Asahina Mikuru disc as a "the making of" extra.
Wouldn't fit.

Quote:
Naturally if they make any more Suzumiya Haruhi, they will end up doing it all, which means at least 26 eps. But as someone else suggested, they might just do a 2nd season of 13 or so eps one year, and then make a third season later. Make more money or whatever. That's why I was only trying to fill a 13 ep slot. That and I'm still waiting for the rest of the novels to be translated. ^^
Old 2007-01-06, 22:46   Link #36
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Wouldn't fit.
Well duh. I didn't mean the whole thing.
Old 2007-01-07, 07:58   Link #37
HolyCow
Oyashiro-sama

Is there really anything important in volume 2? We all know from Melancholy that Haruhi is god, so why bother animating more of her "God" Powers? While I admit that it's a good read, it kinda loses its meaning after watching episode 0. After all, we've seen the stuff like the Mikuru Beam and Shamy talking. The only important part IMO is the explanation of the Mikuru Beam which not many are aware of.
Old 2007-01-07, 08:41   Link #38
typhonsentra

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-07, 19:22   Link #39
sliceman22

man we have to wait in August which is 6 more months>_<
Old 2007-01-07, 22:09   Link #40
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Is there really anything important in volume 2? We all know from Melancholy that Haruhi is god, so why bother animating more of her "God" Powers? While I admit that it's a good read, it kinda loses its meaning after watching episode 0. After all, we've seen the stuff like the Mikuru Beam and Shamy talking. The only important part IMO is the explanation of the Mikuru Beam which not many are aware of.
I guess we all read it differently then?

For me, you haven't mentioned the one event I personally considered pivotal in book 2; It was the first time Haruhi went too far, and Kyon had finally put his foot down hard. (so to speak.) Further, Haruhi backed off for the first time in that same event. One can say it was what made the "God Knows" episode possible, what with Haruhi finally realising there are other people out there who matters other than herself.

Everything else in that book, IMO, are just window dressing. But if that event is not animated, a vital part of Haruhi's relationship with Kyon would not be complete.