Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
I wonder how they got from japan to italy for a weekend afternoon
To put it simply, an afternoon in Italy won't still be an afternoon in Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Well, as an anime-only observer of this series, I already feel lost. Episode 2 feels like they skipped a bunch of events about the time when they were presumably still in Italy doing who knows what. Skip some important events later, and they're back in Japan—back to school no less. Did I get that right?
They didn't actually skip anything per say, it's more like they've rearranged the events to squeeze more things into the story... Things that doesn't necessarily need to be shown just yet.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 21:33   Link #443
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Anther naked girl sleep in the male lead bed and he freaks out

I wonder how they got from japan to italy for a weekend afternoon
Spoiler for To answer:

All in all, if they can do all that. I am pretty sure a trip to Italy is no problem.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 21:48   Link #444
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

lol wtf did I just watch? What a disappointment
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 21:59   Link #445
whsie

well, I guess I'm in the minority. I happen to enjoy both the anime and the light novel though I can see where the complaint comes from the novel readers. I tend to view the anime and light novel as two separate things. The light novel has far, far more depth and character development while it seems like the anime is focusing more on the harem (the introduction of the OP says it all) and Godou's position as a Campione.

The anime is definitely focusing more on the flash rather than the substance. But I guess it'll attract the casual viewers.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 22:00   Link #446
Kadi
知識の探求者

Just watched the ED again, and... I'm scared. I can see Hikaru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
[...] it seems like the anime is focusing more on the harem (the introduction of the OP says it all) and Godou's position as a Campione.

The anime is definitely focusing more on the flash rather than the substance. But I guess it'll attract the casual viewers.
That may very well be the smartest thing I've heard someone say about Campi yet.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 22:01   Link #447
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Just watched the ED again, and... I'm scared. I can see Hikaru.
Excuse me sir, but did I miss something?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 22:08   Link #448
Kadi
知識の探求者

After the Tokyo skyline and the title, to the very right, next to Amakasu...
Old 2012-07-13, 22:17   Link #449
Miraluka
Banned

Umm... good catch, but after watching a lot of cameo tease on anime cough-Terra-on-Index-II-cough and cough-goddessess-in-Kaminomi-cough....
Old 2012-07-13, 22:18   Link #450
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

So Kadi is this an indication that Luo Hao could come in or is it too soon to guess?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 22:23   Link #451
Kadi
知識の探求者

Well, from what I remember V6 is the first time Hikaru shows up, which would mean Luo Hao showing up. Then again, there is the whole "Gorgoneion is related to the end of the world" thing I didn't pick up on before and Bobby being interested in it... I don't know. Even if Luo Hao does show up, by now I doubt that appearance will do her justice. Either it will be an anime-only story or... something else. Don't make me think about it, I'm begging you. NOOOOOO!

On a merrier note, I want more drunk Erica.
Old 2012-07-13, 22:26   Link #452
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
So Kadi is this an indication that Luo Hao could come in or is it too soon to guess?
Quote:
Well, from what I remember V6 is the first time Hikaru shows up, which would mean Luo Hao showing up. Then again, there is the whole "Gorgoneion is related to the end of the world" thing I didn't pick up on before and Bobby being interested in it... I don't know. Even if Luo Hao does show up, by now I doubt that appearance will do her justice. Either it will be an anime-only story or... something else. Don't make me think about it, I'm begging you. NOOOOOO!
On a merrier note, I want more drunk Erica.
If the 24 episodes scenario is possible then it wouldn't be a surprise. Of course, it maybe just teasing .
Old 2012-07-13, 22:33   Link #453
Kadi
知識の探求者

She's too minor a character to be a tease like that, at least in my opinion. But yes, it could be an indicator for Campi being a 24ep show. However I'm not sure I'd be happy about that, either...
Old 2012-07-13, 22:46   Link #454
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
She's too minor a character to be a tease like that, at least in my opinion. But yes, it could be an indicator for Campi being a 24ep show. However I'm not sure I'd be happy about that, either...
You're never happy tough .
Old 2012-07-13, 22:57   Link #455
Kadi
知識の探求者

I am happy with, but not limited to, V8C1+2, V9(beginning and end), V11 and especially V12, but that doesn't belong here ^^(also, I want to reread V3 now that I've seen the anime screw it up. YAY, I'm back at the topic)

Last edited by Kadi; 2012-07-13 at 23:07.
Old 2012-07-13, 23:52   Link #456
Domonkazu

Yoko Hikasa's voice is so sexy XD
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 00:03   Link #457
Spica

After watching Ep-2, I am more inclined to think that they should have start with Volume 1 of LN and make godou and Erica fight flashy.
It took quite an effort to shut off my reader side though.
It seem like Ep-3 will Athena meet Godou.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 00:07   Link #458
00Coyote

When I first watched this show, it piqued my interest, mainly because of the setting. A not often used mythos, in Italy, and a long haired female character that likes to jump around. On the negative side, Main character is unnaturally terrified of the female body, eh, it was too much to expect things to be completely different.

and then episode 2...

oh gee, late for school...
back in Japan...
sit by the window...
new transfer student...
oh no, this hot women is in love with me, I must deny it or my friends will be jealous,
and my reputation as a total looser will be tarnished because of this woman!
also bitchy imouto for no apparent reason.

oy. So much for something different, or possibly a setting not as abused.

I need to invest in one of those low tables, an expensive set of Japanese tablewear, and some tatami mats... just so I can violently flip over the table in rage for times like this. It seems very therapeutic.

It leaves me baffled. Why did they do that? What did it add? Were there seriously no other options on how to introduce the Japanese Deity Appreciation Society, just so the leader can basically say "Oh, btw, that hot blonde is just using you, the only thing she wants is your body."? Then they cut BACK to Italy, just because. It makes it even more baffling when the MC inner monologue can be paraphrased as:
"A lot of interesting thing happened over that week, but boy I'm glad that's over with, because now I can go back to school! Isn't this new and exciting?"

*tableflip*
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 00:14   Link #459
bimbim

I don't really mind with the changes compared to the novel but i hope they'll slow down a bit and give room for more character development.
At least musics from katou tatsuya were really good. I love his works
Is this show 1 cour only?
bimbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 01:05   Link #460
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
They didn't actually skip anything per say, it's more like they've rearranged the events to squeeze more things into the story... Things that doesn't necessarily need to be shown just yet.
With regard to this, allow me to refer to another post down below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
It makes it even more baffling when the MC inner monologue can be paraphrased as:
"A lot of interesting thing happened over that week, but boy I'm glad that's over with, because now I can go back to school! Isn't this new and exciting?"
It was due to this part that made me confused about the events taking place. It sounds as if Godou is simply giving us the super condensed version of prior events that happened off-screen. Moreover, he specifically mentions something about having tested his abilities against other Campione while in Italy, which seems to have been fruitful judging by the new abilities he displays in this second episode.

So yes, I am lost. Even if the anime is supposed to have Godou mean something different entirely, it isn't very clear. Godou musing about past events seems to me as an attempt to fill in the gaps that took between Italy and their return to Japan. It could've at least shown a flashback montage if this was the intention all along.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen