AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-26, 02:05   Link #41
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Dang, as soon as Chief told Joe about not being scared to go to sleep, I too thought the car was gonna explode once he turned on the ignition. Turns out it was from all the illegal hits he sustained during that dirty fight. Really sad to see him go, but he is now with the ones he loved.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-02, 12:43   Link #42
grecefar

Well there is the flashback and we can fill the holes, I kind of get what joe wanted to do, even if it was a little hope he wanted the old man to live more with the operation while the others were giving up. But then he just run away and didn't visit the old man, I can see he was too late and the old man died while he was in the match and that's why sacchio lash out.

So I can guess that after that joe did the dick move and run away leaving all the kids by themself and then the flood came. I don't blame them for hating him for that, but I don't agree to put the dead of the old man on him, true it would've been better for him to visit before death but he just didn't want to give up and try a miracle with the operation, in the end it was too late.

Well lets see how he try and repair what he left but it looks like is hopeless.

Last edited by grecefar; 2021-05-02 at 13:17.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-02, 13:16   Link #43
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I guess Joe doesn't want to accept the reality of his coach passing but pinning the blame on his death is unfair from his friends.
Old 2021-05-02, 18:09   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As expected, Joe wasn't responsible for the old man's death at all. I don't think the kids actually blame Joe for his death (Sachio was obviously upset back then), but rather for the fact he completely abandoned them when they needed him most. It's not like Joe went behind the old man's back, he outright told him what he was going to do and asked for his blessing.

The kids all seem to be doing well, only Sachio needs saving.
Old 2021-05-02, 21:01   Link #45
Wandering Soul

Well we finally get the explanation for what happened between Joe and the kids. While I can understand Joe's position and actions, it does feel like the kids were more mature about this. Overall I'd say Joe's main mistake was abandoning everyone. They would have gotten over him not being there for Coach in his final moments, but leaving turned the anger into resentment.
Old 2021-05-02, 21:12   Link #46
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was a heavy past Joe trying his best to help Gansaku with the only way he knows how and Sachio blaming him for his death
Old 2021-05-09, 16:56   Link #47
grecefar

Well the true is out, its not like he abandoned them on his own and was because he felt like he had to do that for sacchio, it wasn't a good move, he needed to know that sacchio was just an angry kid at the moment and needed someone to shot his anger to. He needed to keep his distance yeah but not disappear completly.

Too bad they gave them the bad news of the old man just before the battle, typical cliche. I won't say because of that he lost, he was already out of shape and a lots of factors for his lost.

Ochio thinks that he could leave them again any moment even when sacchio told the true but sacchio know that joe won't make the same mistake again. (I thought ochio was a boy but became a cute girl, sacchio and santa hadsome guys)

We are getting there, bonjiri seems very forgiving.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 17:03   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the others kids do resent Joe for abandoning them and not for Gansaku's death, but Sachio kept blaming him and was the one to tell him to go away. Of course, like they pointed out, he didn't have to listen, but they're failing to take into account how deeply Gansaku's death affected him as well.

Wonder why they're calling this season "Nomad" with "Megalobox 2" being a subtitle when Joe stopped going by Nomad like three episodes in.
Old 2021-05-09, 20:12   Link #49
Wandering Soul

Joe throwing the match really does show how Chief influenced him. Before Joe would have been disgusted with the idea of throwing a match, but Chief did teach him that things like Family and survival are more important than pride.

Sachio for all his anger towards Joe is slowly becoming like him. He's not abandoning everyone, but he is taking everyone's problems by himself and not really talking to anyone.
Old 2021-05-09, 21:07   Link #50
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Joe is one the path to redemption but it looks like Sachio is going to be a hard one with all of his anger
Old 2021-05-10, 05:15   Link #51
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't see anything remotely close to Nomad in terms of writing, and it's a pretty good season. Maybe not since Rakugo S2 in fact. This show is the nuts.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-10, 05:38   Link #52
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So the others kids do resent Joe for abandoning them and not for Gansaku's death, but Sachio kept blaming him and was the one to tell him to go away. Of course, like they pointed out, he didn't have to listen, but they're failing to take into account how deeply Gansaku's death affected him as well.
Well, he is adult and they were kids depending on him. It's easy to understand why he left, but there isn't any way to spin it in a way he didn't screw up big time.
Old 2021-05-14, 15:24   Link #53
Ligerleon89

It's never the first time someone loses their way when challenged. And once you let anger run your life, even the bonds are in danger of being broken. I understand both sides, but there is forgiveness. These guys missed Gansaku, and dealing with death is a challenge to overcome for everybody. Joe shouldn't have left, but it's too easy for hurt people to look at the person as an enemy, in this case, because Joe fought for a miracle only to be too late, and lost himself when he got the news.

Joe deserves another chance because he's only human that did what he did because he cared about what he had. Saccio and the rest needs to stop with jumping to conclusions clouded by anger. Even they have yet to be challenged to the point where they find themselves where Joe is fighting to get out, and Sachio is now becoming who Joe used to be. Joe is used to fighting and living how he used to. Now a whole new circumstance happens where the unprepared does things in their attempt to prevent certain changes from happening and when they fail, such self doubts happen. Anyone can find themselves in that dark place. Sachio was still somewhat wrong to take whatever misplaced anger out on Joe, although he has some right to point out Joe's mistake.

Forgiveness will be due sooner or later, and Joe is going to have to figure out how to mend those bonds somehow while also get himself back in the ring to take it all like he did before. Sachio needs to learn how to get his anger in check. I've lived enough to know that answering every problem with anger isn't a good idea.
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-16, 17:02   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The road has been paved for Joe to get back into boxing.

I liked Mac's backstory, although I can't help but think there's something fishy about that BES chip. Seems too good to be true.
Old 2021-05-16, 20:35   Link #55
Chosen_Hero

^Agreed, I generally distrust anything to do with implants or chipping someone, but while his backstory is pretty good, I think that the tech guy might be hiding something, he is way too nice for someone who runs a company.

Personally I feel like we might get some sort of twist in the next few episodes, if not next episode during the match.

With that said, man that sparring scene was amazing, glad to see the old Joe is back or at least making a comeback. Also, is it just me or does Sachio look a bit too much like the Joe from the original series?
Old 2021-05-16, 20:56   Link #56
Wandering Soul

It's nice to see Joe getting some of his inner fire back and it seems like he'll get even more of it back soon.

While the business leader seems nice, everything he is promising sounds too good to be true.
Old 2021-05-16, 21:07   Link #57
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its good to see Yuuri again and he really became a good coach
Old 2021-05-17, 05:40   Link #58
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Trainer.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-17, 07:38   Link #59
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
With that said, man that sparring scene was amazing, glad to see the old Joe is back or at least making a comeback. Also, is it just me or does Sachio look a bit too much like the Joe from the original series?
He does, and it's of course intentional. He's also full of anger like him, but he doesn't have his talent for fighting/boxing.
Old 2021-05-18, 10:54   Link #60
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

That was a big episode. Lots of new developments and it was awesome to see them spar with and without the protective gear. The Mac backstory is a setup for someone's (his or Liu's) downfall. Was also great to see Yukiko and Yuri again.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boxing, sci-fi