AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2020-05-24, 16:39   Link #1
Tiberium Wolf

I bought a R5 3600 and it's to hot

After 13 years I have finally bought a new pc. I got now a Ryzen 5 3600.

Problem is it reaches high temperatures when using a lot of CPU. Reaching 102º C.

My case has 2x 120mm fan getting air at the front and 1 120mm fan getting air out in the back. It's possible to put 2 more 120mm fan at the top.

BTW, I am using the stock cooler.

I don't really like to buy water cooling solutions. We shouldn't be using water near electrical stuff.

The room where my pc is using hot coz in the afternoon is getting the full wrath of the sun

Should I buy a new cooler for CPU or add 2 more 120mm fan at the top?

In case of getting a new cooler for the CPU can you recommend from air solutions in this site that is a pc store near me. BTW, site is in portuguese.

link
Old 2020-05-24, 23:44   Link #2
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Is the stock cooler properly placed with enough thermal paste? More often fixing the cooler alignment and making sure there's enough paste is enough.

You don't really need a new cooler if you don't plan to push the clock speeds on the 3600.

I had the same setup a few months back but with a 3700x, in a tropical country, and usually only peaked at 80C.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-25, 02:07   Link #3
Tiberium Wolf

I think so. It came with default pre applied paste... thou I had to remove the cooler 3x coz I couldn't fit 1 of the screws. But I did check the entire surface and it had a layer of paste.

I'll go buy new paste and try again.
Old 2020-05-25, 08:05   Link #4
laifot

In order to proceed with this i'd like to ask you a few questions.

1. Have you checked that your fans work properly? you can buy the 212 EVO if you don't "like" liquid solutions, those are the best. I do not recommend that you use your stock fans, the case fans help but you really need to focus on your CPU.

2. Your PC reboots when CPU is overheated? If yes, then i suggest you to check your Case if there is something wrong, also try to cover it from the sun at least with cardboard.
laifot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-25, 17:26   Link #5
Tiberium Wolf

1- Yes, the fans are working. I took a better look today and those Cooler Master they all look the same. I was thinking of buying Cooler CPU Cooler Master Hyper H411R White Led. They do come with thermal paste right?

2- No the PC doesn't reboot because of overheat. The case brand new everything clean and working. And my PC in on the sun. The room is just hot during summer.
Old 2020-05-26, 02:50   Link #6
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If you want the absolute best in air cooling since you don't want water cooled, get a Noctua fan. Easy as hell to attach yourself too.
Old 2020-05-27, 19:43   Link #7
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Get this cooler. It is on the more expensive side, but they are universally rated high by everyone.

https://www.pcdiga.com/cooler-cpu-noctua-nh-u12s-se-am4
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-28, 10:42   Link #8
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

As always with aftermarket coolers and the big radiators in particular, beware of the physical dimensions. Open your case and check beforehand with a ruler if you have enough clearance for your desired upgrade and if it doesn't prevent ready access to the RAM sticks (depends on your MB, though, but it was a recurrent problem on some of the older generations and smaller towers), especially if you intend to swap/upgrade them in the future and realize you cannot remove them without yanking the radiator itself first. That was a frequent problem with the Noctuas: they offer outstanding cooling but God are they big.

As for myself, I replaced my stock Intel cooler with a CM Hyper 212 and I don't have a single complaint about it. Had to get the paste spread right, though.
Old 2020-05-30, 15:12   Link #9
Tiberium Wolf

OK I went for cheaper and I bought Cooler CPU Cooler Master Hyper H411R White Led.
Now I am have 78ºC max with the Precision Boost Overdrive disabled. If I have this option enabled or auto I get 88ºC. In Cine20 the value of having this enabled is like 75-100 points. Core speeds seems like it drops a little.
Edit: ok... After playing a game for 4h it reached 88ºC max.

Anyway I got more points with Cine20 now than with the stock cooler.
Maybe I should have bought the 212 version since the heatsink is bigger. But I have already spent 1250€.

I also bought 2 120mm fan to put in the top of the case. And seriously... the fan are from cooler master but the screws don't fit. Last time I bought an unknown brand fan and it didn't fit the screws. It's this a normal? The holes surface is flat. It doesn't seem to be put screws in it.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2020-05-30 at 19:55.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-31, 06:55   Link #10
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

AFAIK all fans of the same size have same standardized screw types, so it's most likely your case.
Old 2020-07-29, 15:06   Link #11
laifot

Hi!

I recently bought the same proccessor and this is my personal experience:

This guy works in really high temps. even when idle you can be around 50-60 and this is obviously something to worry about if you're not used to this, i come from a very previous proc (FX-8150) and when the proc hit 70°C.

I got myself a corsair 240L plus 3 noctua fans (thanks to this post i got'em) and only when doing serious ultra 1440p gaming you can reach 75°c.

Maybe you could adjust your fans speed or maybe some of them are not good oriented. It shouldn't reach more than 75°. I have got a GTX1660 super and it works perfectly fine for me. Only spent about 900$ for all of the items.
laifot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-24, 05:38   Link #12
Strahan

Water cooling is fine, if you get an AIO kit (all in one) you don't have to worry about water. It's all totally sealed. I've ran a Corsair H110i kit since 2017, I have yet to see any issues with leaks. It's quiet and efficient. Well worth it if you can fit the radiator.

If you don't want to go that route anyway, look for a good PC shop in your area and just take it there. >100C under load is way out of spec for that CPU, so you really shouldn't abuse it by continuing to use it so if you aren't tech savvy enough to fix it, let a pro do it.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote