AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-08, 13:37   Link #12001
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
@Sol Falling:
See, I don't agree. How are we supposed to tell the difference between the author's opinion and the opinion of his characters (especially at this juncture)?
This chapter felt more like the former than anything else, which is why I'm so pissed-off.
You use context.

Quote:
You could argue that no sane person would truly view Medaka's actions here as worthy of condemnation
You realize the only people calling Medaka a monster in universe this chapter are monsters themselves? That's supposed to tell you something.

Quote:
but this is the guy who wrote several books about how victims of bullying and parental abuse are responsible for their own misery, so...
Again, I ask, where on Earth do you get this from?
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 14:01   Link #12002
Last Carpet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
....I wonder why Joutou isn't lisping anymore?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 14:45   Link #12003
kenjtr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I think this chapter smelled like ending of "shin angyo onshi" which is a great korean masterpiece superior to most mangas we usually read so i think author made this chapter by the inspiration he got from its ending cause exact same thing happened there .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 15:24   Link #12004
Lupus753
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
@Kaisos: i am going to assume you simply misinterpreted a message from one of his works. Any other thought would lead to horror that anyone could actually say something so heartless.

@Endscape: As I said before, it is sometimes difficult to differentiate between author soapboxes and characters' opinions. Sometimes, the author has villains and jerks say the author's viewpoint. Occasionally, it's to say, "Hey, if THIS guy can see the obvious..." or maybe the author doesn't consider it important. In any case, it's hard to see if we're supposed to agree with those two.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 15:32   Link #12005
Tyabann
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
You realize the only people calling Medaka a monster in universe this chapter are monsters themselves? That's supposed to tell you something.
I read their lines this chapter (that is, about how continuing to struggle even after losing everything that you value makes you no longer human) as the author commenting on the situation.
Given the context, I have difficulty seeing it as just their opinions.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 17:17   Link #12006
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
@Kaisos: i am going to assume you simply misinterpreted a message from one of his works. Any other thought would lead to horror that anyone could actually say something so heartless.
Of course he has. Judging from an earlier comment, I know what he's talking about, and he's completely wrong.

Quote:
@Endscape: As I said before, it is sometimes difficult to differentiate between author soapboxes and characters' opinions. Sometimes, the author has villains and jerks say the author's viewpoint. Occasionally, it's to say, "Hey, if THIS guy can see the obvious..." or maybe the author doesn't consider it important.
As I said, that's where context comes in. Who is saying what? Who are they saying it to? What is their reasoning for saying it? In what situation did they say it?

Quote:
In any case, it's hard to see if we're supposed to agree with those two.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I read their lines this chapter (that is, about how continuing to struggle even after losing everything that you value makes you no longer human) as the author commenting on the situation.
Given the context, I have difficulty seeing it as just their opinions.
Firstly, Medaka hasn't lost absolutely everything yet. She still trying to rescue Shiranui, who she believes is still in there somewhere.

Secondly, look at who's talking here. Iihiko, who has already lost everything and Kotobuki and Kakegae, who can throw away anything, can't understand how Medaka can risk everything for the sake of something important to her.

Then we have Nienami, who comes in and clearly says that it's because they can't understand, that they lost.

Nisio makes it pretty clear that it's just their opinion and that he disagrees with it.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 13:29   Link #12007
DawnEmperor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere
Updates for this week?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 14:56   Link #12008
runset
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Updates for this week?
Spoiler for 182 spoiler:

the main character change in just one chapter, wow

and this is the spoiler conversation
Spoiler for from 4 chan:

Last edited by runset; 2013-02-12 at 15:06. Reason: a little mistake
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 15:31   Link #12009
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by runset View Post
Spoiler for 182 spoiler:

the main character change in just one chapter, wow

and this is the spoiler conversation
Spoiler for from 4 chan:
About damn time!+ thanks.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 15:56   Link #12010
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
What a monster.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 18:31   Link #12011
kenjtr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Damn medaka what a trouble maker you are
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 23:32   Link #12012
DawnEmperor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere
Spoiler:
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 06:43   Link #12013
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 08:01   Link #12014
silvercover
Romance Expert
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
oh wow. if there were still some doubts of nisio being a troll, this one proves them wrong
now im really going to clap this time once the chapter is out.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 15:01   Link #12015
Tyabann
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
That was actually far, far better than I was expecting, but...
Is Nienami really Ajimu, or not? It's like they both confirmed and denied it at the same time.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 15:03   Link #12016
Libros
I never hid my hurts.
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where the wild things are--Hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That was actually far, far better than I was expecting, but...
Is Nienami really Ajimu, or not? It's like they both confirmed and denied it at the same time.
Maybe it's I'm (I forget her first name) Nienami "Therefore" I'm also Ajimu...

I'm kidding but bit could happen.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 15:14   Link #12017
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Spoiler:
maybe having Iihiko win would make him lose.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 15:20   Link #12018
Tyabann
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
maybe having Iihiko win would make him lose.
Actually, I wonder if defeating Iihiko means that on some level you become Iihiko. Hanten'in said something about that.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 15:27   Link #12019
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Actually, I wonder if defeating Iihiko means that on some level you become Iihiko. Hanten'in said something about that.
Yep, that's right. Hanten hinted at that whoever by some miracle defeats Iihiko will become an even more rarer item and for that same reason will be forced to stay in the Shiranui village forever. Hence why it should be only Shiranui who brings him down once and for all.

I don't know if this will the last arc, but man, the climax is just the best, you can feel the atmosphere, the destruction, and the carnage Iihiko laid down. Kumagawa is dead, Tsurubami is dead, Joutou is about to die, Kakegae has received a fatal wound... Even the unbeatable monster, Medaka, died.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 15:29   Link #12020
chidorimen
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Spoiler for 182:

That aside this seems to be the setup for the ending maybe. I might be wrong.
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.