AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-03, 11:55   Link #81
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

I scanned through the raw quickly, and was pleased enough with what I saw (go figure! ). A lot of action-movie cinematography (and a blatant "Scarface" homage; I'm sure there'll be others to look out for). And some interesting use of technique to "break the plane", as it were (Eins running upstairs, for instance -- using depth of field).

A bit too much talking, though. That'll probably be alleviated a bit by having subs so I can understand, but I'd generally prefer more time showing and less time saying. Especially with voiceovers.

I was a bit annoyed by BotI, so I'm hoping that some of the classic Hand Of Mashimo(tm) that I see here will keep me enthused with this one.
Fellini 8.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 15:10   Link #82
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

This episode is rather good one. After "wonderful" OVA adaptation I expected everything, but it was surprisingly good. Let's see how they will handle with other episodes.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 15:18   Link #83
Xander

Suffers from evident beetraining, to borrow that useful term, but I guess this is still a fairly decent watch for me as long as I don't expect the result to be quite as good as the game, which it clearly isn't since the director seems to be going for something else right from the get go to suit his own style.

Interesting, if nothing else, for now.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 16:55   Link #84
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Whoops, I accidentally deleted my previous message instead of editing. Well, it's rather good that some anime companies are interested in Nitro+ now. So, there is a chance for adaptation of other their works.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 18:53   Link #85
Key Board
Carbon

Demonbane, Chaos Head and Blassreitter are Nitroplus shows

Although, only Blassreitter was original and not an adaptation
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 22:19   Link #86
LKK

Watched the first episode this evening. I have next to no experience with Bee Train's prior work, so I had no preconceptions to bias me (for or against). The episode was compelling enough to make me want to see more. It was a good start with some nice artistic visuals, just enough character background to hint that there is some background to the main characters, a little character interaction that hints at relationships that could be built on, and "allies" that are guaranteed to provide trouble eventually for the protagonists. I don't know if I'll stay for the entire run, but I'll definitely be watching next week.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 23:15   Link #87
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Gosh, I just rewatched it in HD. Looked far better than the first version i saw, which looked like it was recorded w/a VCR .

I loved that they put Ein's 'acting' ability out there so early when she greeted their target. That instantaneous switch between a cheerful little girl to a cold-blooded emotionless killer is just too awesome .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
BeeTrain is the animation studio of the show, and "beetraining" means adjusting the source material to their typical style. Which is the glorification of mystical pistol warriors, preferably girls. Adding 897234 shots of these warriors pointing the gun EXACTLY AT YOU and then firing, preferably doing some mad leaping through the air first, dissolving into thin air, while unflinchingly dodging a few hundred bullets fired at them ... that's beetraining.
Wow, I never noticed that. They sure DO do that alot. It's actually a pretty funny explanation, thinking back to Madlax and Noir.

Quote:
Also...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 00:39   Link #88
mouhitori

Beetraining... interesting terminology, completely agree with the description though!
I actually felt the first episode is just average. The great music is a big plus, and the artistic choreography is nice, but didn't felt there is anything new as a whole.
From what has been discussed in this thread, looks like the story is promising though.

Some screenshots for those interested.
mouhitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 03:36   Link #89
Zippicus

This looks like it has possibilities. I liked the technical aspects of the show, music, art, animation, etc. I'm not really sure how I feel about the actual story yet. It's starting off on the wrong foot for me but it really depends on how everything plays out. I've never been a big fan of the "people mysteriously do whatever some jackass says" plot device.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 04:54   Link #90
Blaat

Besides the beetraining (love the term) I also can't stand the works by the director: Koichi Mashimo (I believe he's the real source of the 'beetraining') Shame too, the setting looked interesting. I think I'll wait until the show is done before continuing with it.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 22:47   Link #91
Weils

I have never played the game version before, but the anime is quite good. One question I have is this: why does Ein and Zwei follow Scythe Master or to put it simply the organization of Inferno? Does the group have some wild card over them or the assassins just meekly follow them? Anyway, I didn't expect Matrix music track to pop out near the end of the episode.
Weils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 23:12   Link #92
Key Board
Carbon

Zwei's reasons was explained in the first episode somewhat. He doesn't remember who it is. His memories and identity are held as hostage so to speak. If he wants to run, he doesn't know where to. He doesn't know what is at stake here.

What about his sense of morality you say? Isn't he killing all those people? Well, from the first episode you can tell that his will to survive is VERY strong. So strong that it can push him to do things that he would otherwise not do. Yes, he's probably corrupt to began with.

He has a certain lethal latent mindset sleeping in him. And that's why Scythe Master took interest in him.
Old 2009-04-05, 01:38   Link #93
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Much better then the last couple of shows from Bee Train and also pacing was very fast for the studio. Anyway, the previous posts covered me on both up and down sides.

What I am wondering is why the hell all vehicles were pink? Is the mech-animator gay or something
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 01:55   Link #94
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Much better then the last couple of shows from Bee Train and also pacing was very fast for the studio. Anyway, the previous posts covered me on both up and down sides.

What I am wondering is why the hell all vehicles were pink? Is the mech-animator gay or something

Would you give a pink vehicle a second thought? Most people prob wouldn't be expecting a pink vehicle to contain an assassin. It's a "girly" color.
Old 2009-04-05, 02:19   Link #95
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Watched it. Liked it. Loved it. Approved it. (Put some other word) + it.

Claude has my interests. Aya makes her sexy all the way.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 02:19   Link #96
9Mystere9

All this talk of bee-training aside, there was definitely an unhealthy obsession with guns in the game (In fact, the special disk that came with Phantom Integration had a 3d gun viewer as one of its special features).
Some things that jumped out at me.
Spoiler for :

All criticisms aside though, I really felt like they did a good job. The scenes were all decently exciting, and they were really good about adding colors that made even the most boring shots really a pleasure to look at. Also, the ending was brilliant.
9Mystere9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 02:54   Link #97
Key Board
Carbon

Zwei was driving a Pink Cadillac

There's song called Pink Cadillac, but otherwise I'm not sure they went with that.
Old 2009-04-05, 03:03   Link #98
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Zwei was driving a Pink Cadillac

There's song called Pink Cadillac, but otherwise I'm not sure they went with that.
They'd prob have a revolt on their hands if they went with that song. Nitro+ would fire them.
Old 2009-04-05, 03:18   Link #99
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Would you give a pink vehicle a second thought? Most people prob wouldn't be expecting a pink vehicle to contain an assassin. It's a "girly" color.
And should I guess that none would suspect a mobster coming out of a pink helicopter
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 03:45   Link #100
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Watched the first episode, and I've only got two words for this - atrocious dialogues. Ugh.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen