AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-13, 15:33   Link #12021
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
maybe having Iihiko win would make him lose.
Who said anything about Zenkichi winning the physical fight, Zenkichi only has one win condition that is saving Shiranui, he doesn't have to beat Iihiko to do this nor does beating Iihiko neccesarily means he succeeds in doing that anyway, since Iihiko could just die taking Shiranui with him.

Basically Zenkichi success is independent of how the fight goes, it could really go either way.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 15:35   Link #12022
Tyabann
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
If it was ending soon it would have been announced already.
It DOES feel like a climax with the entire main cast dead/dying though, that's for sure.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 15:51   Link #12023
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 39
Hmm.. It's possible my theory of Nienami being Ajimu is correct, though its obviously still nowhere near confirmed. I'm wondering if Nienami has something to do with Zen's missing memories from middle school, considering her words about him needing to remember all .
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 15:52   Link #12024
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
If it was ending soon it would have been announced already.
It DOES feel like a climax with the entire main cast dead/dying though, that's for sure.
Zenkichi Box, where there is no real main character since Zenkichi doesn't have to defeat the arc villain and is simply a leader of sorts. It always made the most logical sense to me considering this manga's ongoing, Medaka always felt shooed in, in her battles against the arc villain, whereas Medaka box is a personality driven story and would benefit more from a passive MC that doesn't have to win the vast majority of the time and can even have others take the final limelight.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 16:04   Link #12025
Tyabann
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
I don't think Zenkichi is going to get out of this one if no one else does. More likely we'll get Torai Box or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I'm wondering if Nienami has something to do with Zen's missing memories from middle school, considering her words about him needing to remember all.
Well, who the fifth member of Kumagawa's student council was does remain a mystery.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 16:11   Link #12026
chidorimen
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I don't think Zenkichi is going to get out of this one if no one else does. More likely we'll get Torai Box or something.

Well, who the fifth member of Kumagawa's student council was does remain a mystery.
Who was the 4th? I remember Ajimu and Akune.
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 16:11   Link #12027
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Getting another chance to live, even if just for a short amount of time, by saving his best friend he's also gonna save the world, but right now Zenkichi is only facing off Iihiko because of Shiranui.

Since always I knew he didn't became my favorite character for just one or two traits of him, Zenkichi is the true hero of this history. He always was, but is now, in this moment where the future of the whole world is at stake, when the fruits of everything he has done till now are finally blooming with radiance.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 16:13   Link #12028
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
TBF is the missing memories even a real plot point anymore Kumagawa is a "good" guy Aijimu is dead, unless Nisio is going to bring out another character from nowhere to make it revelant again I don't really see what it adds to the story anymore, back when either Aijimu or Kumagawa was a villain it was relevant not really anymore.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 16:20   Link #12029
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
If Nisio is ever going to bring back those memories it won't be the part of the trauma but the part when Zenkichi meet Ajimu for the first time.

The question is, how can you bring back something that got wiped out of your mind?
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 16:28   Link #12030
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
If Nisio is ever going to bring back those memories it won't be the part of the trauma but the part when Zenkichi meet Ajimu for the first time.

The question is, how can you bring back something that got wiped out of your mind?
Kumagawa remembers does he not, well at least a lot more than the other two, so it's not really gone at least from a verbal point of view though I'm not really sure they could trust Kumagawa's recollection.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 16:35   Link #12031
Tyabann
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidorimen View Post
Who was the 4th? I remember Ajimu and Akune.
Maguro, actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Kumagawa remembers does he not, well at least a lot more than the other two, so it's not really gone at least from a verbal point of view though I'm not really sure they could trust Kumagawa's recollection.
And speaking of, there's a line that the scanlators mistranslated early on in the current arc that suggests Maguro still remembered Ajimu, IIRC.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 16:37   Link #12032
Thth
???
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
hmm. I'm still not convinced. All this is probably a setup to Medaka saving Shiranui and defeating Iihiko (99% I'm leaning towards it still).
I know how ridiculous that sounds but thats the way I see it. You'll all get trolled lol
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 16:40   Link #12033
Tyabann
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
This is harking back to the battle of the bands chapter, so, uh, unless Nisio decides that he's going to be completely awful next week we won't get a sudden Medaka victory.
I mean, she's obviously going to come back through some deus ex or another (because at this point it's very obvious that Zenkichi abandoned Devil Style assuming it existed in the first place) but it'd be damned interesting if she and the rest didn't.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 17:01   Link #12034
Thth
???
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
This is harking back to the battle of the bands chapter, so, uh, unless Nisio decides that he's going to be completely awful next week we won't get a sudden Medaka victory.
I mean, she's obviously going to come back through some deus ex or another (because at this point it's very obvious that Zenkichi abandoned Devil Style assuming it existed in the first place) but it'd be damned interesting if she and the rest didn't.
There was also the post-election scenario with Ajimu. From defeat she went to a victory. The situation is completely different and a hopeless one too, but a possibility is still there. And it need not happen next chapter, during the resolution of the Iihiko scenario she could give the final push to save Shiranui, defeat Iihiko. In every arc till now she has had the final say.
But you certainly are right, I am being excessively paranoid and 99% was pretty much an over-exaggeration. However, IMO considering this manga has been till now, a Medaka comeback and victory (with respect to IIhiko and Shiranui) should not be ruled out. Thats setting yourself up to be trolled (whether its awful or not)...
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 17:19   Link #12035
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Joutou explained with much clarity why she chose to revive Zenkichi of all people and you still think Medaka is going to make a comeback. *facepalm*

Even in this series with so much twists and unexpected developments there're certain limits, believe it or not. Yes, I think you are being too much paranoid
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 19:34   Link #12036
DawnEmperor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere
Or how about the hero isn't chosen for some deep reason, it's out of necessity, or "the best thing we've got right now". I think I might have brought this up earlier, but the main character in the end is simply the story of a character(or in an ensemble cast, a set of characters). There's no guarantee of them getting special treatment in-universe, or being all powerful. Sometimes we just see a character's struggle, and sometimes we see their complete and utter failure.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 19:37   Link #12037
Lupus753
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Joutou explained with much clarity why she chose to revive Zenkichi of all people and you still think Medaka is going to make a comeback. *facepalm*

Even in this series with so much twists and unexpected developments there're certain limits, believe it or not. Yes, I think you are being too much paranoid
Sometimes, an author can cry wolf, causing his audience to become once bitten, twice shy. Even if the wolfcry is not entirely the same as that causing the fans to be shy. Or something.

Anyway, there have been times before when it seemed Zen would accomplish something of worth only, ehh, no. My point is, people have plenty of reason to be paranoid.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 20:09   Link #12038
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
Sometimes, an author can cry wolf, causing his audience to become once bitten, twice shy. Even if the wolfcry is not entirely the same as that causing the fans to be shy. Or something.

Anyway, there have been times before when it seemed Zen would accomplish something of worth only, ehh, no. My point is, people have plenty of reason to be paranoid.
TBF he still did beat Medaka and ultimately saved Shiranui, "beat" Kumagawa with aijimu's help etc only really the black wedding arc was he purposefully trolled.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 20:25   Link #12039
Lupus753
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
TBF he still did beat Medaka and ultimately saved Shiranui, "beat" Kumagawa with aijimu's help etc only really the black wedding arc was he purposefully trolled.
I said that because I feel that Zenkichi's defeat of Medaka did not cause any lasting changes, despite the manga's insistence that it did (okay, it changed Medaka's hair style -- until recently). For instance, Medaka did not change in personality, despite the manga's insistence that she did. His defeat of Kuma was pretty minor in comparison to everything else, but maybe...
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 20:32   Link #12040
Sixth
Mushroom Princess
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
I hate this chapter. How dare they made the Princess Suitor did all the dirty work. She already wounded and messed up.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.