AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-07-28, 14:48   Link #121
Black_Wolf
Warrior and Fluffy Pillow

First things first, more Nanoha, YES! *pumps fist into the air*

ahem

anyway female voice for Bardiche, hell no. Its what gave him character, although if he said more than just "Yes Sir" i would be happy!

Re-design, yeah Nanoha's BJ looks more military buff, kinda loses a hint of mahou shoujo into a more fighting style. Couldn't really see the difference to Bardiche and RH designs, but i guess i'm not looking close enough, someone mentioned curves? i prefer the older one if thats the case. As for Fate, shes still got a belt for a skirt, whats the complaining?

As for storyline, Is this going to be an exact re-telling or maybe some slight changes? i imagine there will be some extra things put in.

One thing that's always bothered me but never really understood. Is Precia actually dead??????????

I get the impression from the end of 1st season, granted watched a long time ago, shes just trapped in Al Hazard? and could possibly come back at some point? can anyone clear that up for me?

Be awesome if they did change some stuff but i guess would screw over 1st 2nd 3rd movie etc lol.

Maybe three movies for each Nanoha season plus a fourth to take us into the fourth season? wishful thinking maybe????? ^^

EDIT Page Claim for more Nanoha Goodness!!!!
Black_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 14:58   Link #122
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Wolf View Post

One thing that's always bothered me but never really understood. Is Precia actually dead??????????

I get the impression from the end of 1st season, granted watched a long time ago, shes just trapped in Al Hazard? and could possibly come back at some point? can anyone clear that up for me?
Always looked to me like she was almost ready to drop dead due to physical conditions myself... and then she went and fell into the dimensional sea, never to be seen again. If her condition didn't eventually finish her off, floating through the void and starving to death probably did.

Unless she managed to open the Stasis Tank and crawl into it until someone came across her. Master Chief style.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 15:03   Link #123
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

I think that Alicia Testarossa will come into play.

Yeah. I'd love that to happen.
AuditionEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 15:09   Link #124
gold_orb
disrespectful heckler

i don't know why everyone is so mad about the loli's turning into women. personally, i find it much easyer to connect to a character when you get to see them young and then see what they become when there older. it gives me alot more respect and admireation for the character when you can see them at different points in there life. although i am a little concerned about the changes for the movie. if it is going to be based off the first season they should keep it mostly the same.

also, does anyone know how long the seasons are in nanhoa. becuse it would be hard to make a movie about something that is around 20+ episodes.
gold_orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 15:14   Link #125
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

heh, I jumped the gun a little...I thought it was going to premiere winter 2009, which would be next year...but its actually going to premiere this year, so wouldn't that make it winter 2008 instead?

Bardiche's voice changed to female...that would be interesting, since this is a parallel universe to the Nanoha series...I mean how can they fit all 13 episodes into a movie?
As for the Hayate OVA, why don't they do what the first few Pokemon movies did...show a short story of one of the characters from the series before the movie starts.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 15:17   Link #126
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold_orb View Post
also, does anyone know how long the seasons are in nanhoa. becuse it would be hard to make a movie about something that is around 20+ episodes.
First season: 13 episodes

Second season: 13 episodes

Third season: 26 episodes

The first season is relatively easy, a lot of things can be cut with only minimal effect, perhaps needing a bit of rewriting here and there, but nothing serious.

A's is somewhat more difficult, as every episode significantly expands the plot in one way or the other.

StrikerS is... surprisingly easy. Cut away the needless training. Cut away the needless NanoFate bait. Cut away the needless excess characters (and by that I mean characters such as Shari, Griffith, Alto and the like) and limit those with no little to no connection to the plot (of the forwards, that would leave only Subaru, which means Teana would tag along) and its very easy to turn StrikerS into a movie.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 15:17   Link #127
Dusk_
Forever Fallen

Send a message via MSN to Dusk_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Wolf View Post
Re-design, yeah Nanoha's BJ looks more military buff, kinda loses a hint of mahou shoujo into a more fighting style. Couldn't really see the difference to Bardiche and RH designs, but i guess i'm not looking close enough, someone mentioned curves? i prefer the older one if thats the case. As for Fate, shes still got a belt for a skirt, whats the complaining?
RH has blue parts now, probably to match better with Nanoha's BJ. Bardiche's edge looks a lot more like a blade now (AKA, it looks more like a Bardiche).

At the very least this should be interesting, considering it won't be just cutting and pasting old footage. I'm expecting much less emphasis on the Jewel Seeds and much more NanoFate, if they want to fit the story into a couple hours. Not like that's ever a bad thing...
Dusk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 15:32   Link #128
Kaix
[. . .]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
As for the Hayate OVA, why don't they do what the first few Pokemon movies did...show a short story of one of the characters from the series before the movie starts.
I kind of remember the one from the first movie. But wasn't it just a short 15 minutes movie with... well, whatever it was, I don't remember it having much of a good plot and all.

Hayate deserves more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk_ View Post
Bardiche's edge looks a lot more like a blade now (AKA, it looks more like a Bardiche).
The blade is still too small to be a bardiche... and Bardiche is a scythe, so what use turning it into a bardiche?

Besides, if going by names, shouldn't they also try to make Raising Heart look more like a... well, Raising Heart? (maybe they'll have more luck with a Raging Heart )

Kaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 15:32   Link #129
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
So, seeing as ten Directors worked on the first season alone, How many are gonna be in this new project? And if only one, which is most suited do you, to bring out the pure WIN of this movie?

Listen to me, already getting wormy LOL <- Why so serious?!

I haven't been this excited since that episode of TDK.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 15:42   Link #130
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk_ View Post
Bardiche's edge looks a lot more like a blade now (AKA, it looks more like a Bardiche).
A Bardiche doesn't need to have a round blade, while they often do, straight bladed Bardiches like Fate's very much did exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai the Reaper View Post
The blade is still too small to be a bardiche... and Bardiche is a scythe, so what use turning it into a bardiche?
The standard mode of Bardiche is, as its name implies, a Bardiche. It can transform into a scythe, but normally it is a Bardiche.
Old 2008-07-28, 15:45   Link #131
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
I kind of remember the one from the first movie. But wasn't it just a short 15 minutes movie with... well, whatever it was, I don't remember it having much of a good plot and all.
And Pocket Monster movies are made with the assumption that the people going to watch them are already familiar with the series. This film, like other re-tellings, are usually designed in a way that they will be enjoyed by current fans as well as those who have never seen the original material. Also means it could help increase the fan-base :3

Quote:
Hayate deserves more.
Oh yes. A LOT more.

Quote:
I looked up the weapon-type and the new design does match a traditional bardiche in overall appearance. It's just that this one is magical and so awesome it also has a scythe form
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 16:29   Link #132
YuriKawa

WOOOOHOOOO Yay for more Nanoha hotness.

However...

I WANT TO SEE NANOHA AND FATE ACTUALLY KISS! That really sweet ending, kiss her dammit!

Nanohaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaa
YuriKawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 16:35   Link #133
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Don't hold your breath, Yuri.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 16:36   Link #134
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Who knows? They pretty much labelled the movie an AU already, so why not?
Old 2008-07-28, 16:39   Link #135
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

I am happy to see new Nanoha material, but i dont care that much for a retelling of season one, i would have prefered something after Strikers.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 16:41   Link #136
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I don't believe retelling implies AU. The NGE remakes aren't AU. Besides, why would an AU be necessary?
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 16:46   Link #137
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
I don't believe retelling implies AU. The NGE remakes aren't AU. Besides, why would an AU be necessary?
The moment they altered Raising Heart and Bardiche's design, this ceased to be a normal retelling. You're not going to be able to watch the movie first, and then continue with A's, because you'd be wondering what the hell happened to Raising Heart and Bardiche.

Besides, concidering it an AU means that they can change things. It'd be boring to just watch what we've already seen yet another time, its what made the greater part of the Shakugan no Shana movie so boring. It wasn't untill the ending, where they seriously turned things around, that I leaned closer to the tip of my chair. I'd rather they spice things up a bit and twist things around, because it will leave you wondering "What will happen next?"
Old 2008-07-28, 16:46   Link #138
Shinigami-Momo

*girlish scream* ahem, I was kind of hoping that it would be based aftr the events of Strikers but I don't care, I'm still looking foreward to it. I'm wondering if Linith (sp?) and Alicia would make an apperance in this version as they didn't appear much or at all in the original series. I'm liking the redesigns despite there isn't much difference between minus Bardice and Nanoha's outfit, but I can't tell if Raising Heart and Fate have also had a redesign from the scans.
Shinigami-Momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 16:47   Link #139
Allquall
The Not-So-Kind One

Send a message via AIM to Allquall
Quote:
And, oh, would it sell...
Allquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 16:48   Link #140
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Fair point.

Personally I'd like to see NanoFate go the way of Negima's Kono/Secchan pairing, where it's not just canonically acknowledged but turned into a running gag. Fat chance of that happening, though. Status quo is god, after all.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie