AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-30, 16:27   Link #1
koreanbboy

4 quick questions*might have spoilers!!

just wacthed ep. 36... and summed up 3 questions..

1) Why did Scar make the Philosophers stone
2) Why did the military punish Ishbalians because Scar made the Stone
3) Did Winry's parents get killed by Mustang?
4) Who the heck is Riza? I keep hearing about him/her in the forums... never heard of her....

thanks
Old 2004-06-30, 16:44   Link #2
Palani
///_^

1) No he didn't
2) He didn't
3) Yes
4) Riza Hawkeye, The blond-haired female sub-ordinate of Mustang
Old 2004-06-30, 18:04   Link #3
koreanbboy

but they keep talking as if Scar had made the Stone.. or was that his brother...
Old 2004-06-30, 18:09   Link #4
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreanbboy
but they keep talking as if Scar had made the Stone.. or was that his brother...
His brother tried to make the Stone.
Old 2004-06-30, 18:42   Link #5
Riza Hawkeye
RoyxRiza Fangirl!

are u sure we watched the same episode? because Hawkeye cleary asks Winry to call her Riza
Old 2004-06-30, 20:00   Link #6
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

1/2 (Some theorizing): Scar's brother was apparently coerced into making the stone in order to save Lust/save Ishbal from the war (Which seems to have been started by the Sins in some elaborate scheme). He said it would take many lives. He was also apparently killed by Kimbly while crossing the desert with Scar and his sensei (Scar was observing a locket at what appeared to be a grave in the same region as that particular flashback, which was strongly hinting at the link Scar's brother had with 2nd Lust's 'little mistake'.) Scar was asked once by Ed if Ishbal managed to make it, but he did not say yes or no.

Of note, Scar's arm apparently has his brother and a few others within it, in some manner of unlife (I'm of the belief those killed by it have their soul absorbed), and it is linked to the Proto-stone and the Circle to make the stone in the 5th laboratory. I'm also of the belief the real stone (At least in Ishbal's method) is created in/manifests as a person. (Scar's brother covered in tattoos I think needed to physically kill many people as the final stage, and gave Scar his arm to take that toll from State Alchemists after being thusly killed by Kimbly.) The people of old-Ishbal apparently had powerful alchemy, but something happened and 'Ishbal' forbade it from then on; Scar's brother was taught by a heretic like that. (Hrrm, speaking of that heretic, it seems the Sins show people the proper alchemy themselves...)

3: Roy Mustang killed them under Basque Gran's order since they healed Ishbal wounded, who would then re-enter the fight again. Assumably they refused to not heal any injured simply due to where they came from.

4: Riza Hawkeye is the petite blond girl with the gun, most notable for shooting at Black Hayate in Episode 13. She's a 2nd Lieutenant I believe. She's been in many notable and emotional moments, such as with Roy at Hughe's grave, or when she vowed to stay with him to the end in his pursuit of Fuhror to change the world.
Old 2004-07-01, 00:12   Link #7
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreanbboy

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauren
3: Roy Mustang killed them under Basque Gran's order since they healed Ishbal wounded, who would then re-enter the fight again. Assumably they refused to not heal any injured simply due to where they came from.
Did the rockbells just attend to the ishbal people? It seems they are helping whoever is on the battlefield.
Old 2004-07-01, 03:45   Link #8
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Spoiler:

And that's what I meant. =D
Old 2004-07-01, 04:30   Link #9
Palani
///_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
Spoiler:

Did the rockbells just attend to the ishbal people? It seems they are helping whoever is on the battlefield.
They were indeed helping anyone who was injured, but that included many Ishvarians and thus they were opposing the military by helping their adverseries. They therefore had to be "erased"
Old 2004-07-01, 11:59   Link #10
Akichan
Ichi wa zen, zen wa ichi

Send a message via AIM to Akichan
Quote:
Spoiler:

And that's what I meant. =D
Spoiler:

Edit (cause I pushed the button too fast): I do believe that Riza Hawkeye is the First Lieutenant, and Roy Mustang's right hand. Quoted right from Episode 27.
Old 2004-07-01, 13:05   Link #11
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Riza Hawkeye is the petite blond girl with the gun, most notable for shooting at Black Hayate in Episode 13. She's a 2nd Lieutenant I believe.
In fact, Riza Hawkeye is First Lieutenant.

Last edited by Guido; 2004-07-01 at 13:06. Reason: Forgot to credit the quote's owner
Old 2004-07-01, 16:53   Link #12
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Spoiler:

And I remember that, but I think she got promoted. Or would she be 2nd /before/ promotion? Shows what I know about military ranks. =)
Old 2004-07-03, 08:28   Link #13
Rattus
Nibbling on the drywall

Hmm, I'm trying to remember if any of the sins have indicated that they orchestrated the Ishibal war...

Lust was definately created by Scars brother tho, that is one thing we can be sure of.
Old 2004-07-03, 17:20   Link #14
Yuruke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattus
Hmm, I'm trying to remember if any of the sins have indicated that they orchestrated the Ishibal war...

Lust was definately created by Scars brother tho, that is one thing we can be sure of.
How so? When did they give us enough info to prove this?
Old 2004-07-06, 11:13   Link #15
Rattus
Nibbling on the drywall

Anime flashbacks when Scar first sees Lust in the library, and thinks back to his brother and the woman who looks like her... Lust's flashbacks when she meets the guy who looked like Scar's brother.. it's pretty well established that she's a recent addition to the team made by Scar.

Thought: at one point, we see Lust through a huge hole in Scar's brother (the parts taken away by performing human transmutation, presumably), so either that must have been non-fatal, or he lived long enough to become part of the transmutation circle on scar's arm.
Closed Thread