AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-02-25, 21:39   Link #7681
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Hmmmm.......not sure what to make of this, on the one hand I'm not impressed it took Natsu to take care of the hair(which btw shows how bloody strong he is if he can tear heair like that with barehands you have any idea how hard that is?!) and only by listening on the convo between Flare and Lucy.
However on the other hand I always enjoy Natsu coming to Lucy's rescue or vice versa, always a nice little thing.
Why I liked how Natsu went to Lucy after the fight.

Well before I hoped Flare would win but like with others by being actually a crazy badass and not just crazy(not that theres anything wrong with that cause she's still hot no matter what)
Sadly we didn't get that but just points to the fact that the gang can actually hold their own against those that have 7 years of on them.
Just Lucy and Gray have had the bad luck of losing out for plot's sake.

So question will be, will it be another loss for FT before they turn things around or will the next be an outright win to silence the crowd?

Always a guessing game of when FT will unlease the fury!
Old 2012-02-26, 16:15   Link #7682
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

After reading so many other mangas with Tourneys, this will prolly be interrupted before the conclusion with FT on the verge of a comeback. I'm hoping for a backyard-street-fight after the interruption tho between FT, ST, and RT.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 16:26   Link #7683
Casshern

Instead of tearing the hair he should have just pulled it and make her hit her head on the ground a few times.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 16:49   Link #7684
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

I was expecting Natsu to light the hair like a dynamite fuse-line and watch her head flare-up. xP
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 08:22   Link #7685
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And I'm apathetic. It's hard to take this competition seriously when the cheating is that blatant, and the judges see nothing.
If the judges were strict, Fairy Tail/Lucy should have been disqualified before the nullification of her skill.

Technically Natsu interfered with the fight by pulling on and tearing the hair (weapon and body) of the Raven contestant without proper provocation. The threat to harm Wendy was not against the rules as there were no rules against your magic harming others. i.e. collateral damage, intentional or otherwise is not disallowed.

Actually there was no rule forbidding outside interference too, but I guess we can assume that it isn't allowed since it is a one on one.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 09:33   Link #7686
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
If the judges were strict, Fairy Tail/Lucy should have been disqualified before the nullification of her skill.

Technically Natsu interfered with the fight by pulling on and tearing the hair (weapon and body) of the Raven contestant without proper provocation. The threat to harm Wendy was not against the rules as there were no rules against your magic harming others. i.e. collateral damage, intentional or otherwise is not disallowed.

Actually there was no rule forbidding outside interference too, but I guess we can assume that it isn't allowed since it is a one on one.
It was Asuka she threatened, and I'm pretty sure that it would have disqualified Flare if she'd been obvious about it. "No maiming, or threatening to maim members of the audience" is generally so standard at such events as to not need to be explicitly stated. Likewise "tournament grounds" is assumed to be the field, not the field plus the stands, and going outside the battlefield would presumably result in an automatic loss.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 10:33   Link #7687
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
It was Asuka she threatened, and I'm pretty sure that it would have disqualified Flare if she'd been obvious about it. "No maiming, or threatening to maim members of the audience" is generally so standard at such events as to not need to be explicitly stated. Likewise "tournament grounds" is assumed to be the field, not the field plus the stands, and going outside the battlefield would presumably result in an automatic loss.
But she didn't actually do or even try to do anything to Asuka (my bad for the mistaken identity). She just put her hair there. Trash talk and threats during the fight aren't necessarily disallowed.

I very much doubt that there is a rule that they must stay in the field and that no part of them can touch areas outside of the field. This isn't the dragonball tournament format; if you take a cue from WWE/F (yes it is staged but still the rules apply and it is in real life) going our of the ring for a time is allowed.

I won't even be sure not maiming members of the public isn't allowed. If you look at the tournaments in dragonball for example, killing the audience as a result of your skill or obviously trying to do so didn't result in disqualification.
Old 2012-02-28, 11:45   Link #7688
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
She just put her hair there.
Her hair is a weapon though...I can put a gun on someone's head, it doesn't have to go off in order to become dangerous though.
Quote:
This isn't the dragonball tournament format; if you take a cue from WWE/F (yes it is staged but still the rules apply and it is in real life) going our of the ring for a time is allowed.

I won't even be sure not maiming members of the public isn't allowed. If you look at the tournaments in dragonball for example, killing the audience as a result of your skill or obviously trying to do so didn't result in disqualification.
Don't use DB examples after saying this isn't a DB-format tourney :P In any case, she played dirty and her guild interfered in a duel. Nobody is meant to put their hand in a 1v1, so that's a rule broken by her matey, even if she could somehow get away with a life threat.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 13:04   Link #7689
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

No one else knew why Natsu suddenly tore into the stands and ripped some hair...even if he says that Flare was threatening a spectator, only Yajima and some of the other guilds' members might believe him but the crowd certainly won't.

"Hah! You're just mad that you lost! AGAIN!"

"Yeah, don't blame others because you guys suck!"

"Why don't you go back and train harder? Maybe then you could actually finish CASTING a spell! LOL"

...and then Fairy Tail will collectively NUKE the entire stadium and become a Dark Guild easily on par with G. Heart...
Old 2012-02-28, 20:55   Link #7690
GreatTeacherKen

Spoiler for Fairy Tail chapter 272:

Last edited by GreatTeacherKen; 2012-02-28 at 21:12.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 08:06   Link #7691
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Her hair is a weapon though...I can put a gun on someone's head, it doesn't have to go off in order to become dangerous though.

Don't use DB examples after saying this isn't a DB-format tourney :P In any case, she played dirty and her guild interfered in a duel. Nobody is meant to put their hand in a 1v1, so that's a rule broken by her matey, even if she could somehow get away with a life threat.
Different context. 1st was to make the point that the format was different; the second was giving an example to disprove his point that all tournaments don't allow such actions

Agreed that she played dirty and the guild intefered, but she wasn't caught playing dirty as the hair being there does not mean she played dirty.

Her team mate only interfered after an interference from the other team. i.e. any disqualification or penalty should be given chronologically or at least simultaneously.
Old 2012-02-29, 08:39   Link #7692
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Natsu still moved outside the arena, his actions had no direct impact on the battle at hand, while Obra negated the existent magic in the ring, so you can't just say that they both 'interfered' while taking into account their actions (use of magic vs use of force) and their results (direct vs indirect).

All this talk made me hungry, where's the next chapter? 50 hours away
Old 2012-02-29, 11:15   Link #7693
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Natsu still moved outside the arena, his actions had no direct impact on the battle at hand, while Obra negated the existent magic in the ring, so you can't just say that they both 'interfered' while taking into account their actions (use of magic vs use of force) and their results (direct vs indirect).

All this talk made me hungry, where's the next chapter? 50 hours away
He held onto the competitor's hair/weapon/body and tore it apart. This was just when she was about to brand Lucy and caused Lucy to be able to escape the punishment. He even shouted that this was her chance after doing that.

I don't see how that is not interference and without direct impact on the duel. At the very least, it distracted her and interfered with her magic. Interfering via magic or brute force amounts to the same thing since the duels are fought both with magic and physically.

And without due provocation as it was ostensibly just hanging there. (If asked, I would (if I were in her place) claim that the hair was left there as a back up plan so she could launch an attack that seemed to be from a source Lucy least expected, her guild mates. Nothing wrong with misdirection and illusion.

Talking about physical, do we know if people must have magic to be part of the guild and take part in the competition? Thus far the competition doesn't require magic to win/pass. Technically a super, strong enough, martial artist can win the duels and the first round can be won by being observant.

And yes I want the next chapter =(
Old 2012-03-02, 08:52   Link #7694
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for new chapter:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 09:08   Link #7695
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 274 Preview:
Old 2012-03-02, 09:12   Link #7696
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for 274:
Old 2012-03-02, 09:13   Link #7697
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

I think it is obvious that Sabretooth is being set up to be a super strong enemy.

This guy had black lightning which obviously is meant to indicate that he is as strong if not stronger than the strongest Fairy Tail member in the Tournament, Laxus.

Wonder where the guild came from. 7 Years is a rather short time for a previously unknown (relatively) guild to grow so many strong members.
Old 2012-03-02, 10:03   Link #7698
immblueversion

The real highlight was Natsu running to see Lucy naked in the shower.

So it's obvious that at least some point in the tournament, Gajeel and Rogue will face off against each other. I kind of knew Rogue was only interested in meeting him since he and Sting first mentioned him. And it would also appear Laxus and Orga are destined to meet. Laxus is certainly interested in him.

Also, after reading a second time through, I noticed one of the Lamia Scale guys mentioned Shelia is engaged to Ren of Blue Pegasus. Just a little thing people may not have noticed.

And yes, Erza... I too am concerned about the bunny... We all are...

I just hope that "bad omen" mentioned in the next chapter title won't distract Jellal. Four people are angsting and suffering in ways that douchey audience can't even begin to comprehend, so I'm putting my faith in Jellal to win, or at least not lose, because if Fairy Tail's gonna start earning points, they'd better earn them now.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 10:26   Link #7699
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn, I predict this matchup to occur:

Bunny suit Erza vs Bunny suit.

But wait...wouldn't Jura of all people be able to recognize Jellal's Celestial-type magic!?!?! 0.0 They were both Wizard Saints at one point...hrrrr, interesting...
Old 2012-03-02, 12:05   Link #7700
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I hope Jellal will end up winning this match. Fairy Tail as a whole is in a bad place, and he is up against another of the Wizard Saints.

I wonder if he will imitate the original Mystgun's fighting style, or if he will use his own Celestial Magic.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen