AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 05
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 35 22.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 41 26.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 29 18.95%
7 out of 10 : Good... 30 19.61%
6 out of 10 : Average... 8 5.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 2 1.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 4 2.61%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 1 0.65%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 2 1.31%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 1 0.65%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-04, 19:00   Link #101
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

the novels are being rewritten to smooth out the continuity issues.
Old 2012-08-04, 19:05   Link #102
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Images
endcard
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Noizi Ito!
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 19:13   Link #103
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Great episode. Kirito x Asuna scenes are always nice to see. So the three persons are being targeted because of a ring they sold of a dead player?

BTW Kirito really likes to takes his time relaxing despite the circumstances. I guess it is good thing to do so when given a chance.
Old 2012-08-04, 19:17   Link #104
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Great episode. Kirito x Asuna scenes are always nice to see. So the three persons are being targeted because of a ring they sold of a dead player?

BTW Kirito really likes to takes his time relaxing despite the circumstances. I guess it is good thing to do so when given a chance.
A parody of "The Ring"
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 19:20   Link #105
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
A parody of "The Ring"
No kidding. Instead of a normal ghost, we get a digital one instead. Although, I am sure it is just a player who wants revenge and just managed to find a loophole to the whole No PK in towns other than duel rule.
Old 2012-08-04, 19:21   Link #106
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Starting with episode 4 this series started to show how good it can be when it's not travelling at lightspeed, and now episode 5 really brings it out by rightfully making this arc a two-parter. Great pacing all around.

Also glad they didn't axe the napping scene. Aside from it just being pure win for adoreable-ness, it's also one of the important stepping stones for KiriAsu.

And gooey, delicious KiriAsu ending card is win.
Old 2012-08-04, 19:24   Link #107
Boduar

TBH never read this sidestory so this is first time experiencing it ... that being said I wish they had "aria in the starless night" or whatever as 2 episodes rather than this one(or just skip this one completely) unless there is something special about this side story that hasnt been revealed yet.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 19:44   Link #108
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Ah! Kirito let someone die again!

Okay, everything is back to normal.
PonSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 20:00   Link #109
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecat View Post
Ah! Kirito let someone die again!

Okay, everything is back to normal.
Not actually... Kirito doesn't know what was coming...

I got the flag feeling when she goes by the window... oh no!!!!
Old 2012-08-04, 20:02   Link #110
Arya

Well, to be honest the episode was good thanks to Asuna and Kirito interactions, but the mystery was really boring. But I have to say that 15+ episodes of Hyouka have killed my mystery interest for at least one or two years.
Anyways I hope the next episode will be more interesting plot-wise. There has to be a reason why they animated this arc, isn't it?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 20:03   Link #111
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Did they say that boss they were going to fight was on that floor (56)? They held the meeting there but it doesn't mean that was the floor they were going to clear.

I could be wrong though. We need the novel readers to clear this up for us *hint*
They said they were clearing a field boss not a dungeon boss, kinda like a special event boss so not necessarily on the current floor. It's still hard stuff so they gotta have a meeting.
Old 2012-08-04, 20:08   Link #112
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Well, to be honest the episode was good thanks to Asuna and Kirito interactions, but the mystery was really boring. But I have to say that 15+ episodes of Hyouka have killed my mystery interest for at least one or two years.
Anyways I hope the next episode will be more interesting plot-wise. There has to be a reason why they animated this arc, isn't it?
Well, I think you sort of answered your own question, perhaps; it establishes the re-connection between Asuna and Kirito, if nothing else, and sets the stage for a (possible) new danger to the characters in SAO that may have an impact on the plot going forward.

That said, the pacing of this episode did feel a bit different, obviously, compared to the previous stories because it wasn't self-contained. So, as you allude to, the full implications of this arc won't become clear until the next episode.
Old 2012-08-04, 20:08   Link #113
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Well, to be honest the episode was good thanks to Asuna and Kirito interactions, but the mystery was really boring.

Hope more of Asuna x Kirito that is....
Old 2012-08-04, 20:09   Link #114
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
There we go then. Her and Kirito appear to be the leaders when it comes to clearing out the next levels. How long this has been going on for I have no idea, but it's only natural to know who you're going to be taking orders from. I'm not saying this is the only reason to know who she is, but it is a strong reason to why people know her. It's not as if Asuna would happily admit to who she is to every guy that asks her.
At the boss meetings, usually Asuna's role is representation of the guilds and Kirito is for the solo players, so they seem to be at odds during the meetings due to the two groups different opinions and agendas
Old 2012-08-04, 20:37   Link #115
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

This was excellent. What I enjoyed the most is that they left it with a cliff hang. I think the writers are starting to find a pace for this series, and I think slowing it down is definitely the best thing to do. So hopefully there is room for character development.
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 20:37   Link #116
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

is it just me or the pace of the story is just weird.Kirito meets a different girl every single episode and helps her,the outcome is like

ep1 asuna alive
ep2 gal dead
ep3 silicia[sp?] alive
ep4 gal dead
ep5 gal alive?????
Old 2012-08-04, 20:40   Link #117
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
I guess these episodes (ep 5 and 6) are needed to give the feeling of Kirito and Asuna becoming friendly again after their meeting at the first floor especially so that in the 7th ep we won't get a sudden development between two of them...

at the first, the material edition chapter 1 was being shown.... but why there's no Asuna vs Kirito , oh well I didn't really hope for it from the first...
This case is divided into two episodes. well not too fast and not too slow too, it's a good thing to divide it
some scenes are not being shown, it's not really important anyway
another 3 episodes until main arc starts, really waiting for it
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 21:31   Link #118
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
is it just me or the pace of the story is just weird.Kirito meets a different girl every single episode and helps her
Kirito helped Klein in ep1... No girls were saved or sac'ed in that episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
I guess these episodes (ep 5 and 6) are needed to give the feeling of Kirito and Asuna becoming friendly again after their meeting at the first floor especially so that in the 7th ep we won't get a sudden development between two of them...

at the first, the material edition chapter 1 was being shown.... but why there's no Asuna vs Kirito , oh well I didn't really hope for it from the first...
To be fair they did plant a LOT of subtle hints into the minute or so of ME1 ~ Progressor's they adapted. I wish they had adapted the duel, as well as Kirito and Asuna's dealings with the NPC's in town... but it introduced us to the Spear wielder from the murder mystery, Asuna gets re-introduced as an important person in the raid boss strategy meetings, Asuna x Kirito on very bad terms, re-introduced us to Egil and Klein (both on the front lines), maybe five of Klein's guild members, KOB guild members (for the first time)... It's quite a lot of stuff for roughly 90 seconds of content.

Last edited by Adigard; 2012-08-04 at 21:48.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 21:35   Link #119
dark998

After watching it raw I didn't like the episode a lot, mostly because the nifty SAO action was missing. But watching the subbed version increased my appreciation since this is the first two-parter arc and all was mostly build up for the solution of the mystery next week.

However, one I thing I can't accept is: cute girl gets introduced and killed in the same episode AGAIN. Not cool.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 21:37   Link #120
Yusei Fudo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
After watching it raw I didn't like the episode a lot, mostly because the nifty SAO action was missing. But watching the subbed version increased my appreciation since this is the first two-parter arc and all was mostly build up for the solution of the mystery next week.

However, one I thing I can't accept is: cute girl gets introduced and killed in the same episode AGAIN. Not cool.
And the fact is how it is another "blue-haired" girl
Yusei Fudo is offline   Reply With Quote