AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2013-01-20, 14:20   Link #9201
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Except Ruka, who also has a massive debt. But yeah, every other girl comes from serious money, such that they can get into Hakuo. Or, in Ayumu's case, a normal family who isn't swimming in millions of debt.
Even Ruka is technically doing better than Hayate since she should be earning some fair cash for her idol work.

I don't think Nagi or Maria is paying or keeping track of Hayate's debt anymore, so all that leaves is his part-time job at the cafe.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 15:28   Link #9202
sky black swordman

^ It's some what wrong if they aren't. The whole reason Hayate became her butler was so that he can of his debt to Nagi.
Old 2013-01-20, 15:37   Link #9203
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ It's some what wrong if they aren't. The whole reason Hayate became her butler was so that he can of his debt to Nagi.
Hardly. In chapter 5 when Nagi disguised herself as Mask The Money to save Hayate from the yakuza, she said that she paid off his debt as a present. Hayate insisted that he should pay it back and made a remark about how weird her costume was. That resulted in Nagi becoming angrily tsundere, and in reaction she told him to work and pay it off in full.

At this point, the debt is only a front for their relationship. Hayate genuinely cares about Nagi, and Nagi has always liked Hayate, to the point where she gave up her family fortune to help him.
Old 2013-01-20, 17:19   Link #9204
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

It's hardly a front when I'm pretty sure Hayate still feels he has to pay it off. Nagi may think the 150 mill yen is nothing but not Hayate

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 17:22   Link #9205
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Eh. She sacrificed hundreds of billions for him. And he's hung up on 150 millions?

(Answer: yes. He can be an ass.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 22:29   Link #9206
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

HAyate have bigger dept that ruka (156B VS 150B)

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 00:30   Link #9207
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
It's hardly a front when I'm pretty sure Hayate still feels he has to pay it off. Nagi may think the 150 mill yen is nothing but not Hayate
Hayate feels that he has to repay her kindness, not just the money. When Ruka asked why Hayate couldn't date her, he didn't mention a thing about the money he owed. Ruka drew that conclusion on her own.

In 384, Hayate says how it's been a while since the thought of quitting his butler position crossed his mind. When he thinks about the day he could leave Nagi, he thinks about if "Lady Nagi grows up... gets a boyfriend... and works hard everyday". None of these concerns are necessary to paying off his debt. In fact, he shouldn't have to care about any of that once he's debt-free, but he still does.
Old 2013-01-21, 13:56   Link #9208
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I never said Hayate doesn't care for Nagi in his own way. But I don't think he's going to just write off the debt and he cares about paying it back as well. It's like you find it inconceivable he can do his job for the money as well as LIKE it and be friends with his boss.

Old 2013-01-21, 14:00   Link #9209
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

Chunibyo

ZKC: UNLIMITED, Tamako market, Robotic;Notes

Anime Techou
Thanks for the reference notes. ^_^ I wish Viz would do this for the official manga release.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 14:34   Link #9210
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I never said Hayate doesn't care for Nagi in his own way. But I don't think he's going to just write off the debt and he cares about paying it back as well. It's like you find it inconceivable he can do his job for the money as well as LIKE it and be friends with his boss.
It's not much of a debt if the debtor does not acknowledge it as one. It's as if I claimed I worked for Nintendo just because Iwata paid for my lunch one day during his break.

Unless Nagi actually shows a contract or something and actually shows she has been keeping track of how much Hayate has left to pay, the "debt" is not so much of a real legal and fiscal one anymore as it is an emotional obligation between a person and his savior.

Hayate didn't have his debt when he was a kid and he still served Athena as a butler in the royal garden all the same. He may act professionally, but whether his debt actually has any real substance to where they are keeping track of his credit remains to be seen.
Old 2013-01-21, 14:50   Link #9211
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I'm not sure how much clearer I can put this, but just because the debtor doesn't think it's a debt doesn't mean the debtee doesn't think it's one. It's like if person A saves person Bs life and says 'oh, it was nothing', person B might STILL feel the need to pay person A back.

I don't think Hayate is the type of person who will go "Oh, you said I don't need to pay you back 150mill yen so I won't"

Old 2013-01-21, 14:57   Link #9212
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I'm not sure how much clearer I can put this, but just because the debtor doesn't think it's a debt doesn't mean the debtee doesn't think it's one. It's like if person A saves person Bs life and says 'oh, it was nothing', person B might STILL feel the need to pay person A back.

I don't think Hayate is the type of person who will go "Oh, you said I don't need to pay you back 150mill yen so I won't"
I never said Hayate wouldn't try to pay it back. My point is that it's not real. It's something that Hayate does out of personal obligation, not because he's in a legally binding situation.
Old 2013-01-21, 15:25   Link #9213
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

If everything that is real is defined by the law, then sure

Old 2013-01-21, 17:35   Link #9214
mitsuganae

Again, I'm tempted to make a reference to The Tempest (no blasting!), but again I'm reminded of just how useless that would be around here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Eh. She sacrificed hundreds of billions for him. And he's hung up on 150 millions?
Well said.

Last edited by mitsuganae; 2013-01-21 at 17:47.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 17:05   Link #9215
ChronoReverse

I don't care, this chapter made me laugh.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 17:28   Link #9216
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 17:32   Link #9217
GDB

I like Ruka's new manga. However, the premise seems familiar. Did they preview that manga earlier?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 17:41   Link #9218
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's the same as the last time. She's either remaking it, or that's just one of her old manuscripts.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 18:16   Link #9219
ChronoReverse

It's the one she rejected as not good enough. But the level is already that high.

It seems all the three with the large debts (Hinagiku, Hayate and Ruka) are all monstrously multi-talented.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 20:14   Link #9220
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

With great debt comes great talent...(to pay off the debt)

Tags
comedy, shounen