AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi (second series) Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 39 23.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 27.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 51 30.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.60%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.19%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.60%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-16, 02:20   Link #221
Graskell
invisible man

WinD has released their version of episode 1. You can find it here: http://windfs.com/index.php

Due to limited hard drive space and the current time (read it as "well past my bedtime" and you'll do fine), I have yet to download this version. Consequently, I'm unable to comment on quality of the sub as of yet.
Old 2007-09-01, 01:37   Link #222
Nergol

I was in love with teenage Rena. I'm super-duper totally enthralled doki-doki in love with thirtysomething Rena!!

Women are at the peak of their beauty and elegance in their thirties, after all.

As for why Rena survived the Great Hinamizawa Disaster - if it indeed occured the day after she went berserk and tried to blow up her school, thus calling out about half the cops in the prefecture, I would assume that she was sitting in a jail cell (or lying in a hospital bed, under guard) in Okinomiya when it happened. Remember that Hinamizawa itself has no police, no jailhouse, and no hospital other than Dr. Irie's small clinic. It would only make sense that once Ooishi arrested her, she'd end up in Okinomiya either in jail or in the psych ward of the local hospital.

I had assumed that Rena was about 13-14 during the events of Higurashi, making her about 35-36 during this episode. She sure turned out elegant.
Old 2007-11-27, 13:05   Link #223
Kanzaki Urumi

rena in this ep turns me on.
Old 2008-01-02, 09:55   Link #224
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Guys and Gals, I finally catched up to Higurashi Kai. But I can't decide on which sub I should choose. I first downloaded Shinsen sub's version and to my suprise the quality was horrible(not something to expect from shinsen subs) Anyways I checked the animesuki bittorent section and seems like Hauu~ is the only group which has finished the series. But I have read in this topic that the quality of the episode seems to be so-so. But I don't get it [Hauu~].Higurashi.no.Naku.Koro.ni.Kai.01v2.(H264.Vorbis)[FFA224FE]: As seen here they released a H264 version. Isn't that a very good quality?( I can't comment on it because I'm leeching the whole Hauu version of Higurashi kai)
Old 2008-01-02, 10:33   Link #225
Eryops

Get Hauu~'s version. Both the translation quality and the image quality is fine; besides, they're the only game in town. If you want really high quality, there are also versions of the episodes released so far on DVD with Hauu~'s subs available as well. You can go and hunt those down though, though only the first 6 episodes are currently available in this format.
Old 2008-01-02, 11:15   Link #226
June 1983

I actually prefer Hauu~ subs over any others I've seen, I think their quality is very good. Just make sure you have CCCP installed and you watch it in Media Player Classic.
Old 2008-01-02, 12:20   Link #227
SiRence~
(・ 3 ・)

I personally didn't liked Hauu~'s subs too much (I remember ep 13 :x .... the subtitles timing wasn't good and it caused a little confusing... ) but I love WinD the most! they're "only" at epi 13 or so at the moment (one of the translators had an accident, i heard) but every single episode I saw of them was made with love. ;D

Hauu~ isn't bad, but there are some mistakes here and there. uhm ... yeah, at WinD, everyone got it's own Fontcolor!!! " and yeah ... very well done, made with love, great translations ^^
Old 2008-01-02, 21:53   Link #228
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

The best subs and quality by far is of Ayu. Hands down, no competition! But Hauu has finished the show. So the obvious choice at the moment is Hauu.
Old 2010-02-24, 01:45   Link #229
Dr. Casey

I agree with everyone that said 2007 Rena looks good, though I don't know why so many people act like it's something special to look good during your late thirties or early forties. Since when the hell has that been old?

I have to give some credit to Oishi, though. I always had him pegged for around sixty years old during June 1983, so he's doing pretty damn good for being in his mid-80s.

Quote:
I don't mean to sound shallow and off topic but. Akasaka used to be pretty hot. Now he's just...
1978 Akasaka sort of reminded me of an older Makoto Itou from School Days. But yeah, he was very handsome back then. I think that the death of his wife might have caused him to age a bit roughly. Look at episode 15 of the original, 15:55. He's in his early 30s there, maybe, but there's some heavy bags/wrinkles under his eyes. Though I don't know if Yukie even died in whatever version of the Higurashi universe Kai 1 takes place, so maybe that's a complete non-factor. I only understand what's going on in this show half the time.
Old 2010-02-24, 02:52   Link #230
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I only understand what's going on in this show half the time.
Stuff starts making sense at an alarming rate sooner than later.
Old 2010-04-10, 07:17   Link #231
OkamiNoKaze

Wow, good to see this season is a bit more active then the first one. For now, not into the new opening and ending song, but it might grow on me eventually. I have to agree, Rena was looking good for being 40 something. Though the stressor causing all of this, I think is either the meeting with Takano, or Ooishi, or maybe even both. The ending scene of season one could lead someone to think it was Ooishi, but that could be a red herring.