AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2019-06-01, 11:10   Link #1901
tsunade666

^Really? It was stated in the WN too? I remember the harvest festival of wn and the demon lord meeting. I also remeber guy's talk. I remember it being focused on the part where it was mentioned about the gluttony, wrath and pride skill too. with 3 of the deadly sins series in monster side. When was it mentioned that there are more awakened demon lord in wn? at what chapter?

In LN. it was stretch out, the scene with Clayman. Veldora even played with Milim while Shion played with Clayman and an extra played with Ranga.

The scene there is clearly different from what played in the wn. it's a lot more wasteful than outright eat clayman in wn.

Some nameless goons had more cool looking unique skills. Plus reincarnation was introduced earlier and a lot more future content was foreshadowed better in the LN. They also tried to play too much politics and be friendly with humans in LN. Which more so annoy me. I liked the massacre that happen and in wn, it wasn't used further plot as scare tactic. In LN, it was smoothen more by the dwarf king's suggestion and the mage duke?council help. Its more of byplay to make them more human friendly party.

Edit: though the novel made some scenes a lot more sense than in wn especially the old demon lords. if Valentine is that old, she should have evolved into a true demon lord already. killing 10k isn't that much if it's accumulating and she survive the tenma war.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2019-06-01 at 18:35.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-01, 22:59   Link #1902
AFKBORED

didnt the lust ultimate skill awakened when chloe's body got stolen in the wn so that makes it wrath gluttony pride lust.
AFKBORED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-02, 01:12   Link #1903
tsunade666

that happened after the banquet when ruminas had returned. during the banquet, Guy had only named 3 ultimate skill holder but he knew ruminas had lust and fallen angel guy, awakened sloth. but it's not yet ultimate skill. when the coffin got stolen, the emotions ruminas had, swells and evolves lust into ultimate skill.
Old 2019-06-02, 11:00   Link #1904
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^Really? It was stated in the WN too? I remember the harvest festival of wn and the demon lord meeting. I also remeber guy's talk. I remember it being focused on the part where it was mentioned about the gluttony, wrath and pride skill too. with 3 of the deadly sins series in monster side. When was it mentioned that there are more awakened demon lord in wn? at what chapter?
WN Chapter 70:
"Few True Maou existed in this world.
Evolving into such was for a demon lord as difficult as for a normal person to evolve into a demon lord.
Among the ten demon lords, only four were True Maou.
Even those who have lived for many eons were not guaranteed such status.
Orc Disaster would have become such, but was stopped in the middle of his transformation.
Thus, the demon lords watch each other, in hopes of preventing others from evolving above them.
And now, a new True Maou has been born among them.
An event which would destroy the balance of power and bring chaos to their ranks...
"

This matches up with the LN that says about the first two generations of Demon Lords "apart from the Fairy and the Giant, the remaining four have awakened", i.e. the True Demon Lords are Guy, Milim, Ruminas and Dino. IIRC you could come to the same conclusion in the WN just based off information from the WN itself.

Quote:
In LN. it was stretch out, the scene with Clayman. Veldora even played with Milim while Shion played with Clayman and an extra played with Ranga.
That the so-called "extra" that Ranga fights against is actually Kumara. In the WN Rimuru just picks her up off-screen, but in the LN she was originally enslaved by Clayman. Likewise with Adalman.

Quote:
The scene there is clearly different from what played in the wn. it's a lot more wasteful than outright eat clayman in wn.
Well, Milim played around with her "role" for longer and caused Rimuru to waste energy. So to replenish that energy and perhaps get Clayman to evolve his skills before being consumed and assimilated, Rimuru actually helped Clayman to awaken. Despite that he wasn't a match for Rimuru.

Quote:
Some nameless goons had more cool looking unique skills. Plus reincarnation was introduced earlier and a lot more future content was foreshadowed better in the LN. They also tried to play too much politics and be friendly with humans in LN. Which more so annoy me. I liked the massacre that happen and in wn, it wasn't used further plot as scare tactic. In LN, it was smoothen more by the dwarf king's suggestion and the mage duke?council help. Its more of byplay to make them more human friendly party.
The "nameless goons" are supposed to introduce the whole idea of how summoned Otherworlders usually end up like, since Shizu and the children are rather special cases. I liked how they were actually left to do what they want as long as they fulfil their missions, rather than them getting the comic-book evil villainous country policy of "locked into a cell 24/7 unless they need to take on a mission".

And yea, LN Rimuru has become much more cautious about political matters and also in regards to hiding his own power compared to the WN, e.g. he didn't use his Absolute Defense Barrier against Milim. Not sure what to think about it yet, but from what I heard the LN has much more politics than the WN. Blood Shadows are no longer part of the church, but are instead a part of a Rothschild/Illuminati-like family called the Rosso family that controls the Western Nations from the shadows. We'll see how that goes.

Quote:
Edit: though the novel made some scenes a lot more sense than in wn especially the old demon lords. if Valentine is that old, she should have evolved into a true demon lord already. killing 10k isn't that much if it's accumulating and she survive the tenma war.
She is a True Demon Lord in both WN and LN. But in the WN she only gets her Ultimate Skill later, while in the LN she already has it. Note that it's possible to be a True Demon Lord even if you don't have an Ultimate Skill.
Old 2019-06-09, 00:33   Link #1905
Ultragunner

is there a double release this month for the manga I wonder?
Old 2019-06-09, 01:39   Link #1906
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
is there a double release this month for the manga I wonder?
Hope so... at least I would like them to end wheee Rimuru arrive at home
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-21, 10:37   Link #1907
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Wow, this is crazy! I can't believe my eyes!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

How could Slime be #1 in overall rankings for media sales? It makes no sense!
Old 2019-06-21, 12:29   Link #1908
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post

Images

The fact that meitantei conan entered top ten really surprised me.
I'm a fan of conan, but the flame within me for the franchise almost died coz the title hasn't ended and doesn't looks like ending soon even after running for 25+ years.
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-21, 13:21   Link #1909
mickbis

I couldn't believe my eye...
I used to think Slime is pretty niche and only introduce to close friend
and "Isekai" label might push people aways
yet here we are....
Old 2019-06-24, 10:28   Link #1910
Ultragunner

Quote:

Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
I couldn't believe my eye...
I used to think Slime is pretty niche and only introduce to close friend
and "Isekai" label might push people aways
yet here we are....
yeah, I couldnít believe it myself either. Although I think Idol Master will reclaim its rightful (lol) throne, it is still a fact that Slime has been crushing it at all fronts.

I canít wait especially for the manga top 10 selling of 2019 which many people take notice of, there have already been a couple of surprises in the half year section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka' View Post
The fact that meitantei conan entered top ten really surprised me.
I'm a fan of conan, but the flame within me for the franchise almost died coz the title hasn't ended and doesn't looks like ending soon even after running for 25+ years.
yeah me too, but in all honesty, I kinda enjoy its tradition of yearly movie release. Detective Conan is one of few manga that can enable such thing
Old 2019-06-25, 12:16   Link #1911
mickbis

Manga Chapter 59 is out

emotionless sorrow indeed

cannot wait for next chapter
Old 2019-07-08, 14:47   Link #1912
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

WHO ARE THEY?
Images
who are they
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 14:51   Link #1913
The End of Son
Contractor

Testarossa, Carrera and Ultima
The End of Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-09, 14:28   Link #1914
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by The End of Son View Post
Testarossa, Carrera and Ultima
^
What is their role?
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-09, 17:37   Link #1915
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind3342 View Post
^
What is their role?
They are Daemons from the Underworld just like Diablo.

In the Web Novel they are "very strong" Daemons who got persuaded (by force) by Diablo to join Rimuru and become the "black numbers", which are basically Tempest's own... Gestapo-like unit.

In the Light Novel they (and Diablo too) are part of the "primordial" Daemons, which are the oldest and strongest 7 Daemons in existence and are each called by a color normally, before Rimuru named the 4 primordials (including Diablo) all after Sportcars. Diablo again recruits the three girls to work for Rimuru, but in a less intimidating way in this version. These three Primordial Daemon girls end up taking very important positions in Tempest's government. The remaining 3 primordials are Demon Lord Guy Crimson and two of his maids.

Images
Primordial Daemons
Old 2019-07-12, 07:51   Link #1916
Ultragunner

Albeit late, new chapter of the manga is out...and fn Kawakami really captured rage and despair of Rimuru despite his seemingly calm external. Though I wish we could see more of Rimuru's inner thoughts, and Ellen's revelations seems kinda out of nowhere
Old 2019-07-15, 11:49   Link #1917
Asuka'
Nin Nin

ova 1 released, it involved the making of cushion and befriend a shelly tentacel monster at the beach. I wonder when s2 will be starting..
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-16, 00:16   Link #1918
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka' View Post
ova 1 released, it involved the making of cushion and befriend a shelly tentacel monster at the beach. I wonder when s2 will be starting..
That one is actually OVA 2, OVA1 got delay to december.
s2 maybe 1st or 2nd quarter of next year
8 bit already have studio dedicated to Slime so I think they should have enough time
Old 2019-07-16, 09:31   Link #1919
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
That one is actually OVA 2, OVA1 got delay to december.
s2 maybe 1st or 2nd quarter of next year
8 bit already have studio dedicated to Slime so I think they should have enough time
I really wonder if they are planning to adaptate the entire series as anime.
Old 2019-07-16, 11:23   Link #1920
mickbis

Quote:
I really wonder if they are planning to adaptate the entire series as anime.
Well as long as it remain a cash cow
So I think it at least season 3 in my opinion

Tags
demon lord, evolution, isekai, op slime, reincarnation