AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-02-02, 13:06   Link #1
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Black Rose Valkyrie

Quote:
Compile Heart has announced Black Rose Valkyrie for PlayStation 4, a brand new RPG featuring character design by Kosuke Fujishima and a scenario by Takumi Miyajima. It is produced by Norihisa Kochiwa and directed by Kenta Kanno.

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has the exclusive scoop on the title. The game follows a protagonist and five heroines. “Traitor” is a key word, and each time you play the game, the traitor among the group changes.

Interview Tidbits
  • Event scenes use Live2D technology.
  • During interview parts, you can investigate signs of treachery among your group. Apparently, if you don’t investigate properly, things won’t turn out very well.
  • Several different endings are being prepared.
  • It’s possible your favorite character ends up being a traitor, but you’ll get results appropriate to the actions you take as their commanding officer.
  • Battles use a turn-based command system where the order of actions changes based on the speed of the character. Add another little twist and you’ve got a system that you can really dig into.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/02/compile-h...SrMLyAM2IW7.99
Teaser Trailer:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 00:20   Link #2
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post

Teaser Trailer:
YouTube
Remind me of a certain tower, a man who wants to destroy the world, and dwindling party because of traitors in the said party.

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 10:52   Link #3
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

HQ Scans:
Images
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 00:45   Link #4
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Remind me of a certain tower, a man who wants to destroy the world, and dwindling party because of traitors in the said party.
I think I see why that might be the case.

And, again, I would not dismiss the possibility of an improperly run investigation pointing to a traitor where none exists... after all, zero is a number, too.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 22:38   Link #5
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
I think I see why that might be the case.

And, again, I would not dismiss the possibility of an improperly run investigation pointing to a traitor where none exists... after all, zero is a number, too.
Thank you for that, and that's an interesting idea you brought there, NO ONE WILL SEE THAT COMING AFTER SEEING THE SCANS.

Cue the entire team calling you: "You bastard!"

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
Old 2016-02-12, 00:16   Link #6
Nerroth
NePoi!

Old 2016-02-12, 01:55   Link #7
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So, this time around there's only one guy and five girls...having them turn into persona shadow-like characters is probably the best way to kill the harem potential of the team! We have twins, the rich girl, the cool girl and...the average girl?

Having only one traitor (or none) will make the game more interesting, since that means you'll have to wait till the very end to see if your speculations are right or not...just like the day/night events - maybe it's like Fire Emblem, since it says some events only occur at certain times.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 13:32   Link #8
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wait, so in this game- every playthrough a different one of these 5 girls would be a traitor to the party?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 16:22   Link #9
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That's the whole point, isn't it?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 05:46   Link #10
SineMora
Wait for it...

No updates?

Old 2016-04-22, 06:42   Link #11
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
No updates?
There has been some, not in this thread though.

Black Rose Valkyrie outlines Tactical Combat System weapons
Black Rose Valkyrie details Interview System

And a Battle Combo gameplay movie.
YouTube

Unless there are some other kind of update you're looking for.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 08:20   Link #12
SineMora
Wait for it...

God Fucking Eater!

Now I want one! Give me my Bow Type Weapon that allows me to do melee!

Old 2016-04-28, 00:00   Link #13
LROlsson

New PV
YouTube
Old 2016-04-28, 09:45   Link #14
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
So, this time around there's only one guy and five girls...having them turn into persona shadow-like characters is probably the best way to kill the harem potential of the team!
An outcome not guaranteed; however, having one of said girls' interest in the protagonist take a sharp dive into full-on yanderehood as a result of undergoing such a change can make things... interesting.

Leaving aside for the moment on the practicality of such outsized weapons (a few of the comments on Gematsu's weapon article call this out), the fact of the unknown pathogen being dubbed 'Chimera' invites, at least in my mind, references to the OPFOR of a certain Playstation FPS series...

Whether this pathogen is just an unexpected natural occurrence or was fielded as a weapon, I do wonder if the players will have to contend with an organization who have no problems burning their own to hold the red line... such an outfit could be an actual military unit, or an ad hoc formation...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 03:54   Link #15
LROlsson

The opening movie have been uploaded.
YouTube

You can now also hear sample voices for the character at the official website.